Queen Helene Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, walnut shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, oatmeal honey, glyceryl stearate, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, kaolin, cocamidopropyl betaine, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben and phenoxyethanol.

on 3/31/2010 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is really cheap for the amount you get! it smells yummy, like porridge with honey on (obviously lol) makes me wanna taste it!.. not sure why some people hate the smell! the 'bits' in it are really small and fine so it exfoliates REALLY well, so much better than st. ives. i use it like twice a week an it leave skin really smooth, glowing and minimizes my pores a little, also helps with blackheads (i dont have any anymore, but thats not just thanks to this mask). the smell stays on ur skin a little an my boyfriend loves that before bed lol x

on 3/15/2010 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I aboslutely love this scrub. I have been looking for a great scrub that doesn't make me break out, you get more than an ounce for the price and doesn't feel scratchy on my face. Most scrubs, esp St Ives is too harsh, make me break out and make my skin oily 6 hours later. This scurb is gentle and yet does its job. It smells like all other oatmeal products, esp the Aveeno ones. The "fluid" in the scrub doens't irritate my skin either. St Ives' "fluid" made my skin turn red due to the chemicals in it. I will repurchase when I run out if I can find it here. I bought my tube in California.

on 3/7/2010 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I like this scrub. I ran out of my Prescriptives Instant Gratification, so I was looking for something to tide me over for a while. I like this scrub because it is not harsh, yet it is very effective. The particles, while slightly gritty, are not painful and easy to rub over your face. I also like the subtle fragrance - not too perfumey. My face is very smooth (as smooth as when using Instant Gratification, actually) and soft. I will repurchase.

on 3/2/2010 4:09:00 PM

I recently bought this at a discount drug store for $3.99 and was surprised at the quality and effectiveness. I use it a couple of times a week in the morning and it really gets in there and scrubs away the bad stuff and leaves my face nice and soft without being dry. QH products are not easy to find unless you go to Sally or one of those cheapy discount stores. I now want to try other products in the line. I also want to try this on my body in the shower. You get a lot of product for the money.

on 3/1/2010 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of the best cleansers/exfoliators out there in my opinion & it's actually super cheap. It gently removes dead skin but it's very soothing & when you rinse it off, you're left with soft skin that never feels too dry. I use this ever morning, it exfoliates quite well but I wouldn't recommend using this to remove make up, try it in the AM & you'll definitely notice a difference!

on 2/14/2010 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this scrub at Sally's a few days ago, and I'm really impressed! It much gentler than St. Ives Apricot Scrub, which kind of irritated my skin and made it red. The only complaint I have is the smell. It smells awful! But it's not a huge deal considering the results:) Love this and will definitely repurchase.

on 2/13/2010 5:31:00 PM

i absolutely love this stuff!! it's awesome, i use this every other morning and it does not irritate my skin or make me break out... surprisingly i really like the smell too (not a big honey fan) this stuff it super cheap, i think it paid $4 for mine at ulta....will buy this over and over again!

on 2/5/2010 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this scrub so much! Probably my favorite ever. I also use it for a body scrub as well as a facial scrub. It exfoliates just enough and the honey really moisturizes. I love the Queen Helene line and will never be without them!

on 1/22/2010 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this product, so much that I never let myself run out of it. It's a gentle exfoliator that leaves your skin smooth and soft without irritating it. It makes a great body cleanser too. Even my husband loves it and uses it regularly.

on 1/14/2010 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

*** EDIT (2): I now use this once a week as a face scrub. It is the best I have ever used, but I have to be *really* careful not to let a *single* grain stay on my face. If there is any left, I will for sure break out there. It makes my skin look brighter, clearer and smoother for a day or two. It also helps my break outs clear up. I have used a lot of it, so I really hope I will be able to find this again once I run out. I might even buy some online if necessary, which is something I have never done for any beauty product.

----

*** EDIT: I tried using this to exfoliate my body just because it's a good product and I was so sad I couldn't use it on my face. I'm glad I did! This feels really good on my skin and I think it does a great job for that! :) Will definately repurchase if I can find it again, which I am not sure about because QH products are so damn rare where I live.

----

I'm so sad that this didn't work for me! :( Because it's indeed a very good scrub! The grainy particules aren't too rough and the smell is to die for. Unfortunately, the fragrance in this (which is very strong I must add) made me break out BADLY. Really, I mean... I used this three times in the same week, and two days in a row. That's the third time I used it that I got these results. I'm pretty sure that it's because I used it too often and I must have scrubbed a *little* too hard. And the fragrance definately was a problem for me because I had like 3 (yes 3!!) more pimples the next day - and I never saw those coming! So I figured I must have had an allergic reaction of some sort because my face had gotten really red and itchy after this third time I used it. So I'll probably reuse this when my face will be clear and healthy. I think it would be ok to use this about twice a week, just make sure you rub this really gently and don't let it sit on your skin for too long.