Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 5/7/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the only undereye concealer that has worked for me, and I have tried quite a few. It has a really great texture and a good amount of pigment without looking unnatural. It completely erased my dark circles, which are not that dark, but are definitely noticeable when I don't cover them. I wore it with powder on top while working outside for several hours, and it still looked great afterward. It isn't cakey or dry-looking, and it doesn't settle into my fine lines all that much. I think this is a must-try for those with dark circles.

on 5/6/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have really intense dark circles, so I was pretty impressed when I tried this concealer. I used to use a combination of Revlon Anti-Aging and Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer to conceal and brighten my under eye area, but now I just use this product most of the time. Although it comes in a wide range of colors, it's kind of hard to find the shade that matches you when you're buying it for the first time. I was pretty surprised that fair is too light for me 'cause usually fair is the correct shade for me, but for this product, light is actually the right shade for my under eye area. I now use the shade, fair, as a cream highlighter.
The only downside of this product is its packaging. URGH! I don't like the sponge applicator of it. Sometimes the product doesn't come up after just a few spins, and that leads to two consequences: a) I'll wait for FOREVER for the product to come out, and in this case, only a very small amount of product comes through, or b) I'll just keep turning the applicator for a few (two or three) more spins, then the product inside just comes spilling out. BUT I also think that the applicator might be the reason why this concealer does such a great job. Ugh. It's like a love-hate situation.
The results/finish of this product outweighs the bad of the packaging though, so I'll still repurchase it after I've gone through my current bottle.

on 5/6/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

What can i say about this stuff? just great great great.
It brighten up my eyes, can conceal under eye nicely, doesn't crease, not oily, staying power is great. I also use it as eye primer. It does work great as i have very oily lid eye.
No more smudge eye shadow and no need e/s primer anymore.
And i don't mind with packaging. We can just pull off the sponge applicator if we don't like it.
Repurchase? Yes!

on 5/5/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this product and i do think it works well. It covers my dark circles for the most part but what i really love is that it brightens up my eye area like crazy. I love the look it gives me! Picking the right shade, using an eye cream, face primer and setting spray i think would help application and look. I don't have too many issues with this product after doing those few steps above. I am 22 with fair, oily and acne prone skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

First of all, let me say that I wasn't using this as a concealer. This is not pigmented enough to cover my dark circles. I was using this as a highlighter in the shade Light.

As a Highlight:
For a highlight to brighten up areas of the face without shimmer or pearl, this was truly ideal for me. I'm oily with pores and I typically stay away from highlighters. However, I wanted something to make me more awake. A lot of under eye brighteners are either too shimmery, lack pigmentation or the wrong tone for me. This gave me the perfect highlighting effect. It didn't appear cakey or heavy on my skin. However, I didn't love this and stopped using it for a few reasons.

1. Packaging. A warm moist sponge applicator that is enclosed in a tight plastic cap. It never dries. It will never be clean. It will always have bacteria.

2. Creasing. It will always crease under my eye area even with a setting powder.

3. Zits. ZITS GALORE! I can be acne prone but I never ever breakout on my forehead or near my eye area and temples. After using this on and off for a few weeks, I noticed that every time I would highlight with this, I would get a cluster of small zits in those spots (mainly forehead and around my eye area).

Overall, two lippies for the task of highlighting and cost.

on 4/27/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product, I purchased in the "neutralizer" shade. It has a nice yellow undertone that really brightens.

I've noticed some say this product creases into their fine lines under their eyes. I don't have that issue, but also may be age related as I am mid-20's and yet to really have any wrinkles.

As others have stated I do find this product hard to blend. It sets almost immediately once I put it one and I have tried several techniques for blending it out which include fingers, brush, and sponge. I find my fingers seem to work best, and then I set this product with a banana powder.

I've only used this product about three weeks now, I would repurchase if it were on sale, but I think in the future I will look to try something else.

on 4/27/2015 11:26:00 AM

I don't understand why people talk about this concealer so much...

I bought this for less than 7 euros on the color light, the lightest one available.

The colour is fine, and has a nice yellow undertone to it, which helps conceal darkness under the eyes. My problem? The formula. I try to blend it, with any tool possible, and it just sits on my skin, emphasizes fine lines, and the worst... looks cakey!! The last time I tried to use it, my boyfriend pointed out "the rain is doing some weird reaction with your foundation"... No! It was this concealer!

Also, it doesn't cover that much, and I don't have a huge problem with dark circles.

Such a waste of money.

on 4/24/2015 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm not the biggest fan of this concealer. I bought it a few months ago when I started getting into makeup. I used to have oily skin, and I found that this concealer creased on me (even when I set it with powder). My skin has kinda changed since then (for reasons I'm still trying to figure out) and now I have dry skin and I still don't really like this concealer. I find that it settles into my fine lines. I now mostly use it on my eyelids (lol) to lighten/prime my eyes. I'm mostly just waiting till it runs out so I can try something different....

on 4/23/2015 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Best undereye concealer! Very creamy in texture and you don't really need to blend it. I first used two tubes of that pink hightlight shade, was not a fan. I have a medium shade for blemishes but it is a little too dark for me. And also I find this concealer does not stay on blemishes. Then I tried the shade light. Best decision ever! It covers up and highlights my undereye area. Does not crease on me or cling on to any dry patches. Love it and will continue to buy it.

on 4/21/2015 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this product, and it is the only concealer I've ever repurchased. I don't have terrible under eye circles, so I never bothered with concealers because I found that, while they brighten my under eye, they also makes the skin there look dry. I don't have that problem with Age Rewind, which has a satin finish and leaves under eyes looking moisturized. This concealer has become part of my daily routine.

I usually use 'Honey' on my bare skin. It's a almost perfect match (just a touch lighter than my skin tone) so I don't need to blend too much or use foundation. If I'm getting a little more glam, I will apply tinted moisturizer, then I'll pack 'Neutralizer' into my tear troughs to completely eliminate any darkness and go over it with 'Honey' or even 'Medium' if I want a super highlighted Kim Kardashian-esque under eye. Recently, I've started using neutralizer under my foundation and that's it. I've found the effect to be a very natural, and yet still well concealed, look.

The colors work really well for me, but since I use the darkest colors that Maybelline sells, anyone darker than NC42 or so would find the color range limiting. Age Rewind doesn't crease on my bare skin, although I need to set it with powder if I'm using it over foundation. I've noticed the formula is slightly water resistant, and the staying power is good with nothing, but great if I prime my skin and set with powder.The sponge tip doesn't bother me, and the applicator tube makes it really easy to apply. Plus, it prevents the product from drying out or changing in consistency. There also isn't a ton of product, so with regular use, the sponge tip doesn't have time to get super gross.

It's so wonderful to be able to get such a great concealer at the drug store, and I can imagine someone with dry skin and moderate to severe dark circles having a lot of success with this and a good corrector. I'm taking a lippie off because of the limited color selection and because I think you get far too little product for the price. I also wish it came with more corrector shades than just the yellow 'Neutralizer', like perhaps an orange for brown dark circles.

Video Reviews & Tutorials