October 21, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a very subtle MLBB, pink-brown shade (but heavier on the pink than on the brown). As in, it's almost the EXACT same color as my lips, and sheer enough that a birthmark on my lip still shows through until I've given it a few good swipes. I find it to be a nice, subtle, neutral shade for when I want to look nice, but not really dressed-up. It's also a good safe bet for when I don't know what colors will work with a particular outfit - it's so subtle, it goes with everything!

In fact, the subtlety was at first a turn-off for me. I thought it didn't do enough to brighten up my face (I'm normally a red lipstick kinda gal), but I've actually gotten more unsolicited compliments out of Pink Truffle than anything else in my makeup bag! Turns out that it does have a noticeable, if soft, brightening effect, especiallly in sunlight.

Its one flaw is that it fades into pretty much nothing after a few hours, and thus requires a lot of reapplication - its sister, Red Velvet, doesn't last much longer, but it fades into a GORGEOUS red stain (which I like to leave, instead of freshening up, as it looks much more natural and understated), while Pink Truffle basically disappears. Which I guess is expected, given how close it is to my natural lip color even when fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG. As in HG lip product. Ultimate MLBB. This is perfect for school/work and all other everyday occasions when you want to look put together but not too made up. With this I don't need multiple products for my lips like a balm then lipstick and/or gloss. I'll layer a little on if I want more attention on my lips. I don't worry about if my lips will look too matte or too glossy; they look natural and supple. If I ever can't decide what lip color goes with my look: hi, Pink Truffle. I actually know this is versatile and love this so much sometimes I get scared to use it because I don't want it to run out and then I get sad at the thought...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

I bought this after reading the reviews and I'm glad I did. It goes on sheer and moisturizing and the color on me is a pinky brown, more brown than pink. I'm looking forward to getting more colors. Also, I can touch up without using a mirror and that's a first for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by r3shma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! Great nude for nc42 skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have finally jumped on the bandwagon and bought this. The color is very pretty on my pigmented lips; a "my lips but better " shade. Application is smooth and it goes on sheer with color that you can build upon. I really like the packaging too. The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't have good lasting power. I think I had less than twenty minutes of wear so I would definitely have to keep a tube of this around to reapply constantly and my tube will be used up quickly . Luckily I bought this on sale. Not sure if I would buy again, but the color is lovely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think the Revlon Lip Butters are an either you love them or hate them product. I Really tried to love these and I had Pink Truffle for the longest of the ones that I bought. (Bought 5 and slowly returned them to the store until I had 1) The more I wore it, the more I hated it. there really isnt a flattering shade for my skin tone in this line and the consistency doesn't work for me either.Just couldn't get it to work for me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

Love this product as I am able to add to my short list of lip products that I can use and not have an allergic reaction to. I was hesitant at first but after swatching several times, I convinced myself to just give it a shot as it's claiming to be a lip butter and consistency is definitely far from a lipstick (which I'm allergic to) and boy am I glad :) Not too convinced of the price as the color really doesn't stay. Also, not a big fan of the packaging and I seem to struggle to take the lid off but will definitely repurchase when on sale (bought them when they were on sale to begin with).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just chiming in to announce my love for Pink Truffle! On my pale lips its darker than a MLBB but in a very flattering sheer pink/brown way. Love for everyday. Feels like a balm, no taste or scent, cheap. You do have to reapply, but considering the pros, I'm won over. I should've jumped on this Lip butter bandwagon ages ago, I thought they'd just be super sheer and meh-- I was wrong. WIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by RoxxyG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A great colour for me, very MLBB with a sheerness to it that is quite pretty. I like the way it conditions my lips, the only slight negative I can think of is that this product line in general is not very long lasting. But aside from that they are lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Guinnessgirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This one has really grown on me. Initially bought it in summer and was underwhelmed, but now in winter, after an l/s buying spree that left me fairly unsatisfied, I'm realizing that pink truffle is my perfect option for everyday. It is truly neutral on me so looks great with both cool and warm eye/ cheek combos. A medium nude that doesn't leave me washed out. I love that it's sparkle free and looks good with both colorful and naked eye looks. Between this and L'Oreal Gilded Pink, I'm set for daytime. (Until summer and Tutti Frutti season!)