December 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by starskye

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Today I purchased my 1st Revlon's lip butter in Pink Truffle along with Loreal's Le Balm Tender Mauve. Revlon's lip butter feels a bit more sticky & pigmented, but not overdone & has better staying power in comparison to Loreal's Tender Mauve. Although it is a nice sheen color on my tan skin, it feels too much like a slippery layer of thin gloss that you could get from a jelly balm. The glossy shine stays but the color fades quickly. . *Finally, I like the Revlon lip butter much better for texture, pigmentation & staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2013 7:22:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Bought this on a whim and so glad it's mine!! The color is a tawny pink matte which suits my light-medium skin perfectly. This is a great everyday lipstick that should be in everyone's beauty arsenal. It feels soft like a balm with a satiny lipstick finish--the most striking MLBB shade I've found and a total HG, I hope Revlon never discontinues their lip butters cuz I'm addicted to them :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a very subtle MLBB, pink-brown shade (but heavier on the pink than on the brown). As in, it's almost the EXACT same color as my lips, and sheer enough that a birthmark on my lip still shows through until I've given it a few good swipes. I find it to be a nice, subtle, neutral shade for when I want to look nice, but not really dressed-up. It's also a good safe bet for when I don't know what colors will work with a particular outfit - it's so subtle, it goes with everything!

In fact, the subtlety was at first a turn-off for me. I thought it didn't do enough to brighten up my face (I'm normally a red lipstick kinda gal), but I've actually gotten more unsolicited compliments out of Pink Truffle than anything else in my makeup bag! Turns out that it does have a noticeable, if soft, brightening effect, especiallly in sunlight.

Its one flaw is that it fades into pretty much nothing after a few hours, and thus requires a lot of reapplication - its sister, Red Velvet, doesn't last much longer, but it fades into a GORGEOUS red stain (which I like to leave, instead of freshening up, as it looks much more natural and understated), while Pink Truffle basically disappears. Which I guess is expected, given how close it is to my natural lip color even when fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG. As in HG lip product. Ultimate MLBB. This is perfect for school/work and all other everyday occasions when you want to look put together but not too made up. With this I don't need multiple products for my lips like a balm then lipstick and/or gloss. I'll layer a little on if I want more attention on my lips. I don't worry about if my lips will look too matte or too glossy; they look natural and supple. If I ever can't decide what lip color goes with my look: hi, Pink Truffle. I actually know this is versatile and love this so much sometimes I get scared to use it because I don't want it to run out and then I get sad at the thought...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 2:13:00 PM More reviews by MadHungarian

I bought this after reading the reviews and I'm glad I did. It goes on sheer and moisturizing and the color on me is a pinky brown, more brown than pink. I'm looking forward to getting more colors. Also, I can touch up without using a mirror and that's a first for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by r3shma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! Great nude for nc42 skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have finally jumped on the bandwagon and bought this. The color is very pretty on my pigmented lips; a "my lips but better " shade. Application is smooth and it goes on sheer with color that you can build upon. I really like the packaging too. The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't have good lasting power. I think I had less than twenty minutes of wear so I would definitely have to keep a tube of this around to reapply constantly and my tube will be used up quickly . Luckily I bought this on sale. Not sure if I would buy again, but the color is lovely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think the Revlon Lip Butters are an either you love them or hate them product. I Really tried to love these and I had Pink Truffle for the longest of the ones that I bought. (Bought 5 and slowly returned them to the store until I had 1) The more I wore it, the more I hated it. there really isnt a flattering shade for my skin tone in this line and the consistency doesn't work for me either.Just couldn't get it to work for me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

Love this product as I am able to add to my short list of lip products that I can use and not have an allergic reaction to. I was hesitant at first but after swatching several times, I convinced myself to just give it a shot as it's claiming to be a lip butter and consistency is definitely far from a lipstick (which I'm allergic to) and boy am I glad :) Not too convinced of the price as the color really doesn't stay. Also, not a big fan of the packaging and I seem to struggle to take the lid off but will definitely repurchase when on sale (bought them when they were on sale to begin with).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just chiming in to announce my love for Pink Truffle! On my pale lips its darker than a MLBB but in a very flattering sheer pink/brown way. Love for everyday. Feels like a balm, no taste or scent, cheap. You do have to reapply, but considering the pros, I'm won over. I should've jumped on this Lip butter bandwagon ages ago, I thought they'd just be super sheer and meh-- I was wrong. WIN!