Essence Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

4.6

ISODODECANE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PARAFFIN, MICA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 10/9/2013 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

So glad I finally got my hands on this! They're not available in the UK so I bought this in the US for around $3.

The packaging is similar to MAC's gel liners, in a small glass pot with a screw-on lid, and there is loads of product to get through. It lasts for ages as long as the lid is kept screwed on tight so the product doesn't dry out.

I use a Maybelline gel eye liner brush to apply (one of the free brushes with their gel liner pots). It applies wonderfully smooth in a true black colour and really does just glide on. Once applied it does dry quickly so my browbone is never smudged with product. Even when I'm out in humidity or when I'm sweating it stays put - even when my eyes are watering from allergies it doesn't run or smudge at all.

The negatives? They're not sold in the UK! I bought 3 of them at once so I won't run out soon. The other colours are discontinued and the black is the only one to stay, which is a shame as the formula is perfect.

I highly recommend this to anyone looking for an affordable and easy-to-use gel liner - I'd choose this over all of the high end ones any day.

on 10/5/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I think I love this more than my Maybelline one!

This a super black and smooth eyeliner and you get so much for the price (around $3 if I recall correctly).

I did some winged eyeliner one day and it stayed nice and dark all day with no smudging. Even when I was working a Saturday shift at a retail job and I was running around and sweating like crazy. This stuff is amazing.

This is my HG gel eyeliner. I would buy again and again.

on 9/18/2013 10:36:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. I picked it up one day [in black] at Ulta on a whim and have never turned back. I used to use the Maybelline gel liner but it seemed hard and clay-like. The Essence liner is so creamy and glides right on. I have oily lids and this stuff will not budge once it's dry. Right now, I use it almost daily for tightlining with an Elf concealer brush. It's such a strong, deep black.

on 8/31/2013 9:46:00 PM

What a wonderful product! Last so long! Super inexpensive and is just perfect. :) my HG gel eye liner forever.

on 8/31/2013 9:29:00 PM

This eyeliner is really something special. It is the only liner, in any form, that lasts on my waterline. And I mean all day, from when I do my makeup at 7:30 am to when I get home from the gym at 8 pm.
It glides on nicely (I use the Maybelline eye studio gel liner brush) and works well for tightlining too. I wish I could find it in other colors than black!

on 8/22/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. Incredibly black, long lasting, pigmented, smooth, easy to work with and is easy to take off if u have a makeup remover or moisturizer would do too. Overall I love it and it's perfect and cheap so give it a try or u'd be missing out aha only downside is that ur eyeliner brush gets all crusty when it dries and when u take off the eyeliner it's crusty but really no one cares about that and it's no big deal at all aha BUY IT NOW it's awesome. I find it better than the maybelline gel liner because it doesn't transfer to my eyelids (the maybelline I had wasnt waterproof but it still shouldnt transfer) just go buy the essence now :)

on 8/20/2013 10:07:00 PM

Best eyeliner I've used.. it lasts all day, with good pigmentation.

on 8/16/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the shade "midnight in Paris" aka black. I'm not a big fan of gel eyeliner but I like this one. The consistency is very smooth and easy to apply but I can only apply it on 2/3 of my eye because when I apply it on my 1/3 inner corner it will smudge,no matter what! I tried to set it with a black eyeshadow but it will still smudge hence the 4 stars. Maybe because i have watery eyes idk. The price is great,it last a long time. I've had mine for almost a year and still going strong,no drying whatsoever. Yes,I will buy it again and again. I don't see the point of spending $9 &up for a drugstore gel eyeliner,might as well pay the extra bucks and get a high end one. Get this one instead for $3 and your wallet will thank you.

on 8/15/2013 9:43:00 AM

Many jars of this later I am still in love with it I only wish they would do some more fun colored ones maybe some neon ones. Formula is epic and for only 3 dollars at ulta it is great.

on 8/14/2013 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Absolutely freaking love this product. So far, it's my holy grail eyeliner.
Most eyeliners smudge on me. Regardless of the formula, whether it's a pencil, a gel, or liquid, it won't last on my extremely oily skin. It'll smudge or flake, even melt at the corner of my eyes sometimes. So far, this stuff hasn't. It's lasted over 6 hours on me, still looking as perfect as it was when I applied it.
I have the colour Midnight in Paris and it's a nice, dark black. I don't think this is the blackest gel liner, but it's still very dark. It's pretty pigmented too, but not 100% opaque in one swipe. The texture of this is sort of light... It's smooth and creamy, yet has a slightly fluffy texture reminiscent of a mousse. It's very easy to work with, but it's this texture that makes it difficult to get a completely opaque line without a couple more strokes.
I apply this by taking an angled eyeliner brush and scooping a small amount of the product onto the back of my hand. I then sweep the brush through the glob of liner to coat the brush, and remove any excess. From there I draw my winged liner. It dries VERY quickly. I find that this is easy to remove off of the brush afterwards (unlike the Maybelline gel liner.. that stuff doesn't wash off my brushes :/) but the glob left on my hand takes quite a bit of elbow grease to get off. You can certainly tell it's long lasting!
The only thing I don't love about this product is the packaging. It's okay. It comes in a small glass jar with a plastic lid that has the brand, the product name, and this rounded square motif on it. Yes, this product is dirt cheap (got it for about $3 from Shoppers Drug Mart for 3g), but that doesn't mean it has to look like its price! The cap looks cheap and reminds me of children's makeup. The choice of font doesn't help either... Oh well, at least it's not wet n wild-esque. Thumbs up for a glass jar though. Keeps the product from drying out as fast.
Overall, definitely going to repurchase this when I run out, and recommend this to anyone who's looking for an awesome gel liner.

Top Rated Essence Products