July 30, 2014 | 1272 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Strawberry Shortcake 080

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After I purchased Strawberry Shortcake, I went home and tried to open it, but I couldn't. The base--black part on the bottom--is simply way way way too small to get a grip on. There's no indent or no grip. I spent 3 whole minutes trying to open it, but I managed to open it eventually. I don't have this problem with my other Lip Butters.
The color was another big disappointment. I expected a sheer warm pink suitable to my NC35 skin tone (like tinted lip balms). But it turned out to be a very pigmented cool Barbie pink--similar to MAC Saint Germain, Pink Friday, and Viva Glam Gaga, all of which look terrible on me, Strawberry Shortcake included. It's ever-so-slightly better warmer than the MAC lippies I listed, but nonethless still very bright.
The texture was very smooth and creamy, but also very thick and heavy. It's much thicker than the other Lip Butters I own. It's not drying like other are saying, but it's not hydrating either. I do recommend you exfoliate and moisturize your lips pre-application.
Great price at $7.
Overall, if you can pull off this type of shade and don't mind thick formulas, then get this.
Would I repurchase? Not this particular shade, no.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the color in the tube, however it reads very cool toned on my lips. It has a very strong purplish tint to it. Everything else about it I love but the color just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by aznmonkey6

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! I was hesitant to buy this because the two other lip butters that I have are not that great. I have sugar frosting as well as peach parfait. Strawberry short cake looks bright in the tube, but it comes out as a light pink on my lips. My lips are SUPER pigmented, so I am always looking for a product that will tone it down. THIS PRODUCT DOES THAT FOR ME. I finally found a product that makes my lips a nice light/natural pink, with just using ONE product. Definitely an HG product for me for now! However, I would make sure you're lips are not chapped or flaky because it will cake up and get stuck on those flaky parts. SO far the best lip butter i have tried. Peach parfait has too many sparkles and sugar frosting can be too purply and light at times.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie829

I love the Revlon Lip Butters! This one is my favorite one. They are so smooth and creamy, they just glide right on my lips! And the color payoff is great. I would definitely recommend these and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love, Love, Love this color! I'm very fair and have a lot of trouble finding a pink shade that doesn't make me look like a clown. This gave me a very "innocent" look to my makeup today. I paired it with a bright pink blush, neutral eyes and it looked smashing! Very please with this color and will be repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

In my initial review in general of these Lip Butters, I'm still standing by what I said before: they're overpriced for what they are, and for what little amount of product you get in the tube. $7.99 is quite hefty for me, and I REFUSE to pay that price for them, but I'm seeing these at one store near me for only $5, which seems a LOT more justifiable. I now own 5 of these, and Strawberry Shortcake was the most recent one I purchased.

This is probably my favorite out of the five I own. It's a sheer soft (but buildable) cream-finished pink that doesn't pull too blue-toned on me (even though I have cool toned skin, I find that warm yellow-based pinks look much better on me). It takes a couple coats to reach the color I want on my pigmented lips, but the result is a nice, glossy, fresh pink lip. I initially didn't like this color, because when I would apply it, it went on extremely patchy and gross, so exfoliate your lips before applying these, ladies! I also changed the lip balm I used underneath, and that helped the color go on a lot smoother. The staying power on these tremendously sucks also, so that knocked my rating down to a 3, unfortunately. Too bad these feel so nice on the lips, but they can't even survive a glass of tea? Sooo, what's the point, Revlon? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by casell

this just spoils my lips so much! it is so creamy and it's like food for the lips. i really like the texture. for me the color is a perfect nude pink with a cool undertone.
it doesn't last long - it rubs off just after drinking which makes it wasteful, but who cares, i still like it. :)
i'll buy another lip butter but in other shade. i highly recommend this to those who want a balm and a color at the same time.
this won't substitute a long lasting lipstick though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaRayee813

I love the color!! This and Candy Apple are my absolute favorites, such pretty vibrant colors. They take a couple coats to apply to get a good color, which im fine with, but they fade after 2 or 3 hours, which when I wear lipstick I want it to last all day. There okay lipsticks, I will but these again but only because I haven't found lipsticks I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Seattle9

I think this is an amazing product! These Lip Butters are so soft and creamy! Not like a balm at all more like a lipstick that has great color pay off and they are moisterizing! Even after hours of having it on it still leaves a nice looking stain on your lips! Strawberry Shortcake if a beautiful color and I think it will look good on anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by blumoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smooth feel of Revlon's Lip Butters! I hate drying lipsticks so I am so glad to come across these. Strawberry Shortcake is a pretty light pink on my more pigmented lips, so I have to put a few layers on. If I want a lighter shade, I pat a bit of foundation on my lips, then put on lipbalm and finally Strawberry Shortcake. Can't wait to try other colors in this line!