April 19, 2014 | 877 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Strawberry Shortcake 080

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

In my initial review in general of these Lip Butters, I'm still standing by what I said before: they're overpriced for what they are, and for what little amount of product you get in the tube. $7.99 is quite hefty for me, and I REFUSE to pay that price for them, but I'm seeing these at one store near me for only $5, which seems a LOT more justifiable. I now own 5 of these, and Strawberry Shortcake was the most recent one I purchased.

This is probably my favorite out of the five I own. It's a sheer soft (but buildable) cream-finished pink that doesn't pull too blue-toned on me (even though I have cool toned skin, I find that warm yellow-based pinks look much better on me). It takes a couple coats to reach the color I want on my pigmented lips, but the result is a nice, glossy, fresh pink lip. I initially didn't like this color, because when I would apply it, it went on extremely patchy and gross, so exfoliate your lips before applying these, ladies! I also changed the lip balm I used underneath, and that helped the color go on a lot smoother. The staying power on these tremendously sucks also, so that knocked my rating down to a 3, unfortunately. Too bad these feel so nice on the lips, but they can't even survive a glass of tea? Sooo, what's the point, Revlon? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by casell

this just spoils my lips so much! it is so creamy and it's like food for the lips. i really like the texture. for me the color is a perfect nude pink with a cool undertone.
it doesn't last long - it rubs off just after drinking which makes it wasteful, but who cares, i still like it. :)
i'll buy another lip butter but in other shade. i highly recommend this to those who want a balm and a color at the same time.
this won't substitute a long lasting lipstick though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaRayee813

I love the color!! This and Candy Apple are my absolute favorites, such pretty vibrant colors. They take a couple coats to apply to get a good color, which im fine with, but they fade after 2 or 3 hours, which when I wear lipstick I want it to last all day. There okay lipsticks, I will but these again but only because I haven't found lipsticks I like better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Seattle9

I think this is an amazing product! These Lip Butters are so soft and creamy! Not like a balm at all more like a lipstick that has great color pay off and they are moisterizing! Even after hours of having it on it still leaves a nice looking stain on your lips! Strawberry Shortcake if a beautiful color and I think it will look good on anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by blumoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smooth feel of Revlon's Lip Butters! I hate drying lipsticks so I am so glad to come across these. Strawberry Shortcake is a pretty light pink on my more pigmented lips, so I have to put a few layers on. If I want a lighter shade, I pat a bit of foundation on my lips, then put on lipbalm and finally Strawberry Shortcake. Can't wait to try other colors in this line!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by 20Styx12

Great quality: good pigmentation, good feel and look on the lips. Great color: Can be as bright or as sheer as you make it. A hit for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

Ok, I HAD to buy one of these and yesterday saw that Boots had 2 off, so treated myself to this shade for 5.99.
I adore it, it's a blue toned pink, which goes amazing with smokey eye makeup and really makes your face light up!
The feel of it isn't like a balm, but neither is it like a lipstick! It is, pretty much, as the name suggests, a lip butter! The colour payoff is as sheer or bold as you want it to be and the staying power is as good as any lipstick I own!
My only gripe with it is the packaging, it's just way too easy to nudge the actual lip butter with the lid and smulch it! But it's a great product and I'm gonna be trying another few shades this week while the offer is still going!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by porknubs

definitely my favorite lip butter by far I find it does moisturize my lips well and it looks amazing with my skin tone it makes me really happy to cause I'm not to fond of actual lip stick cause my lips were always dry so it would just look gross but i love this stuff soooo much!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Ruiz4books

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite shades from the Lip Butter line! On my lips, this comes off as a beautiful blue based light pink. There's no glitter in this shade so it applies extremely smoothly. The pigmentation is great and I can achieve the exact color I wan in about 3 swipes, although, it feels so nice and creamy on the lips that sometimes I have to force myself not to apply anymore lol. Th Revlon Lip Butters have been a godsend to me! They are the only lipsticks that I can wear for more than an hour without getting chapped lips. Every single brand of lipstick I've tried requires that I put lip balm on underneath and to be prepared for the inevitable peeling lips by the end of the day. Not anymore. I have 11 of the lip butters and they are pretty much the only lipsticks I reach for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

this looks completely different in the tube than on my lips.. it's a whitish-blue toned pink when in the tube it looks like pale fruit punch/coral. I might keep it, might return it.. at least it doesn't have the glitter some of the other lip butters have. *edit.. so when it warms up on my lips it looks nicer. a nice barbie pink.. with lipliner I am sure I could make this shade amazing :)

*edit number two! I ended up loving it!! I am going to buy my second tube tomorrow.