December 22, 2014 | 1779 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Strawberry Shortcake 080

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by jaymemarie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am absolutely in love with this lip butter! It looks so femine and cute on my lips and it goes with many of my makeup looks! I do think that the color would cause problems for some skin tones. I have NC20 skin with pale blue eyes and naturally rosy lips and cheeks. I was afraid the cool tones in this lip stick would clash with me but it looks great!

This is a cool-toned medium pink lip butter. I wouldn't describe it as a bubblegum pink, but it is somewhere along the lines of a strawberry milkshake. The formula is very creamy and opaque with one coat and it lasts on my lips for a good 2-3 hours.

I own 4 of the lip butters and I love all of them but Strawberry Shortcake gets the most use out of me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a PPP and my signature colour is light pink. Strawberry Shortcake is my favourite go-to lipstick right now. I rarely buy multiples of the same product at the same time but after I bought and tried this one, I was hooked. This is what replaced my much loved Rimmel now discontinued Pink Star lippie, which replaced MAC's 2009 limited summer edition lipstick Colour Crafted. They are all in the same colour category, a mid light warm toned pink. Love the sheen of the Revlon though and bought two others in Strawberry Shortcake, now have 3 of them in that colour :). Also bought three other shades, Cotton Candy, (lighter more neutral pale pink), Creamsicle (pale pinky peach) and Candy Apple, (neutral warmish red). All of them are great additions to my mostly pink collection and very reasonably priced. If only they lasted longer, while still maintaining that great shine! But I still give them a five rating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

After I purchased Strawberry Shortcake, I went home and tried to open it, but I couldn't. The base--black part on the bottom--is simply way way way too small to get a grip on. There's no indent or no grip. I spent 3 whole minutes trying to open it, but I managed to open it eventually. I don't have this problem with my other Lip Butters.
The color was another big disappointment. I expected a sheer warm pink suitable to my NC35 skin tone (like tinted lip balms). But it turned out to be a very pigmented cool Barbie pink--similar to MAC Saint Germain, Pink Friday, and Viva Glam Gaga, all of which look terrible on me, Strawberry Shortcake included. It's ever-so-slightly better warmer than the MAC lippies I listed, but nonethless still very bright.
The texture was very smooth and creamy, but also very thick and heavy. It's much thicker than the other Lip Butters I own. It's not drying like other are saying, but it's not hydrating either. I do recommend you exfoliate and moisturize your lips pre-application.
Great price at $7.
Overall, if you can pull off this type of shade and don't mind thick formulas, then get this.
Would I repurchase? Not this particular shade, no.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by eyeheartyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the color in the tube, however it reads very cool toned on my lips. It has a very strong purplish tint to it. Everything else about it I love but the color just isn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by aznmonkey6

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! I was hesitant to buy this because the two other lip butters that I have are not that great. I have sugar frosting as well as peach parfait. Strawberry short cake looks bright in the tube, but it comes out as a light pink on my lips. My lips are SUPER pigmented, so I am always looking for a product that will tone it down. THIS PRODUCT DOES THAT FOR ME. I finally found a product that makes my lips a nice light/natural pink, with just using ONE product. Definitely an HG product for me for now! However, I would make sure you're lips are not chapped or flaky because it will cake up and get stuck on those flaky parts. SO far the best lip butter i have tried. Peach parfait has too many sparkles and sugar frosting can be too purply and light at times.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie829

I love the Revlon Lip Butters! This one is my favorite one. They are so smooth and creamy, they just glide right on my lips! And the color payoff is great. I would definitely recommend these and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love, Love, Love this color! I'm very fair and have a lot of trouble finding a pink shade that doesn't make me look like a clown. This gave me a very "innocent" look to my makeup today. I paired it with a bright pink blush, neutral eyes and it looked smashing! Very please with this color and will be repurchasing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

In my initial review in general of these Lip Butters, I'm still standing by what I said before: they're overpriced for what they are, and for what little amount of product you get in the tube. $7.99 is quite hefty for me, and I REFUSE to pay that price for them, but I'm seeing these at one store near me for only $5, which seems a LOT more justifiable. I now own 5 of these, and Strawberry Shortcake was the most recent one I purchased.

This is probably my favorite out of the five I own. It's a sheer soft (but buildable) cream-finished pink that doesn't pull too blue-toned on me (even though I have cool toned skin, I find that warm yellow-based pinks look much better on me). It takes a couple coats to reach the color I want on my pigmented lips, but the result is a nice, glossy, fresh pink lip. I initially didn't like this color, because when I would apply it, it went on extremely patchy and gross, so exfoliate your lips before applying these, ladies! I also changed the lip balm I used underneath, and that helped the color go on a lot smoother. The staying power on these tremendously sucks also, so that knocked my rating down to a 3, unfortunately. Too bad these feel so nice on the lips, but they can't even survive a glass of tea? Sooo, what's the point, Revlon? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by casell

this just spoils my lips so much! it is so creamy and it's like food for the lips. i really like the texture. for me the color is a perfect nude pink with a cool undertone.
it doesn't last long - it rubs off just after drinking which makes it wasteful, but who cares, i still like it. :)
i'll buy another lip butter but in other shade. i highly recommend this to those who want a balm and a color at the same time.
this won't substitute a long lasting lipstick though.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaRayee813

I love the color!! This and Candy Apple are my absolute favorites, such pretty vibrant colors. They take a couple coats to apply to get a good color, which im fine with, but they fade after 2 or 3 hours, which when I wear lipstick I want it to last all day. There okay lipsticks, I will but these again but only because I haven't found lipsticks I like better.