July 22, 2014 | 1286 users online

Fragrances - Auric Blends - Egyptian Goddess

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by kinkaju

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The odd thing about this fragrance is that sometimes it smells so wonderful on me, just perfect and sexy and unbelievable. Other times, not so much. I don't know if maybe my chemistry changes throughout the month or if it's just my nose? Sometimes I wear this and it's soft and clean and musky and so sexy and it's what I personally know as the true magic of Egyptian Goddess. Other times I apply this and it smells like pencil shavings and sandalwood and kind of sour and flat. It's as if the wonderful soft notes have all gone missing and I'm left with just half of the fragrance.

This is a scent I have worn for years and will always keep on hand. It is intoxicating to me, yet never offensive or too strong. It doesn't matter if I put on just a dot of the oil or roll it all over my body, it's never too much. I do believe that this is a scent you have to try on yourself to see if it works with your body chemistry. And for the price I personally believe it's worth the try. The last time I bought a roll-on it was about $7.50 and it lasts quite a while. Maybe this isn't for you and maybe it is. However, I don't think there is ANYTHING else out there that is like this. Whoever created this fragrance, it's difficult for me to even describe because all of the fragrance notes are so well-blended that I can't really pick out individual ingredients. Also, I have tried a few different "Egyptian Musks" from other vendors and only Auric Blends has what I consider the "true" fragrance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Cruzsluvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Umm...where do I start? I got this perfume after reading the reviews, and after standing behind a woman in the post office who smelled absolutely delightful! I ordered mine from ebay, and applied it as soon as I got it. Every move I made gave me a whiff of this scent, and for me, the staying power is amazing. When my husband gave me hug after coming home from work, all he could say was" wow, what is that smell?!" It's comfiness in a bottle, I swear!! Kinda like original Tide, vanilla, musk all in one. Haven't had a problem with it leaking at all either. I will definitely be buying this again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2009 1:00:00 AM More reviews by rebeccacribb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HOLY GRAIL! I got this from Whole Foods so I was able to try it out while in the store, and it was pretty cheap. I think like $7.99 (it's been a while since I purchased it)? I love the roll-on perfume and it has never leaked in my purse. I didn't even realize Egyptian Goddess was a musk until I read other reviews, and now I am really surprised I like it, as most musks I have smelled are way too strong and headache-inducing. To me Egyptian Goddess is a softer scent than Aphrodesia. I have noticed both guys and girls ask me what 'soap' I use when I wear this and tell me I smell really good, so I just assumed I smelled clean or something. I don't really associate it with sexy but maybe it is more than I realized. I certainly do attract a lot more attention when I wear it! I would repurchase but I think this will last forever since you only use a very small amount and I rarely need to reapply. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cant believe I havent reviewed this yet. This is somewhat of a cult favorite among me and my friends as it is sold in a local hippie shop on the island. I am a die-hard vanilla fan, but I reach for this so often I carry it around in my purse. It really does get a lot of compliments. Someone asked my friend while wearing it what perfume she had on and she replied "Its called knock me down and ___ me"...you know where Im going, lol. Its a super sexy, musky scent and the staying power is great. Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Leal18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wooooooonderful sexy scent. I love this fragrance on me. I had a guy at work the other day come up to my desk and say, "I mean no offense, but WHAT are you WEARING?" I said, "Um...a roll on perfume oil." I was suddenly afraid he was going to say, "GAG." But he just smiled and said, "No, what's it CALLED?" I said, "Oh...Egyptian Goddess." He said, "Well, I'm getting it for my wife because it smells intoxicating." Deeeeeewd...thanks. :) I have gotten several compliments on it since then. It's just a very musky, vanilla-y sexy scent. I prefer this over my VS Heavenly which I thought I would never replace.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by notluisebrooks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

"Egyptian Goddess" is a fresh, clear musk with a dash of carnality--like clean, unperfumed clothes; those you've worn for about 2 hours since stepping out of the shower. Some people are anosmic to specific kinds of musks, so this scent might take some to time to actually register on the skin before its floral notes unfold. However, "floral notes" is casually mentioned, since "Egyptian Goddess" doesn't read as a floral at all, simply a hazy, creamy musk. Since this musk is clear-smelling and purified, I'd guess some benzoin, vetiver and/or spikenard have been added into the mix, allowing for a very clean (but not lathery, clean-scrubbed) feeling. Some people think of pheromones as a sort of olfactory myth, but scents like "Egyptian Goddess" are the best imitation of what a pheromone should behave like; it's a subtle blend, wafting around a person like heat off skin, occasionally reaching out to tease and taunt a passerby. As a result, men tend to melt when in contact with this scent; temporarily imobilized and intoxicated---because it's a surprise, I assume, "this undiscovered, fresh female". It's actually quite hilarious to behold. They'll practically be bucking as you walk by. I wore this with LesNez's "l' Antimatiere" and had one man walk up to me in a supermarket (yes, a supermarket; not a bar or a club or a museum) and he said, nearly panting, "You smell incredible--amazing. Don't EVER change whatever it is you're wearing". The funny thing is, this blend is so simple-seeming, you'd never expect such reactions. Two background, unassuming potions and that's the reaction I get. It's the same with Eden Botanicals "Sandalwood Dreams", Anna Luxe's "Love's True Bluish Light" and the Body Shop's "White Musk" (something my first boyfriend bought for me in highschool)--these are ALL white-musk type blends. And it's not like I've never worn other fragrances--I have and they never recieved the same reaction as the soft, musky blends. Other women (and some men) have said the same when they've worn them. Subtle and subliminal seems to be the most appealing to men, I suppose. "Egyptian Goddess" is also the most affordable of them all. 'nuff said.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 4:10:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This a soft, sensual easy-to-wear Egyptian Musk by Auric Blends. Though it's unisex, to me it has more of a feminine quality than other egyptian musks. The roll-on oil is convenient, easy-to-use and the application makes it very lasting (no alcohol as in a spray). The price is very reasonable and easily found on Ebay and other online stores.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by mnscmj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does not do anything for me. Does not mix with my body chemistry. Would not buy it again.
The LOVE gave me a headache. Hard to wash off. Will stay with my perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by CaramelBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this scent!
I came from a home where my cosmotologist-Gemini mom loves flowery (Very Irrésistible Givenchy, Amarige, Organza ) or heady (Estee Lauder Youth Dew, Clinique Aromatics Elixir) scents so I usually go for the light & floral, floriental or incense types.

It's sorta hard to describe, to be honest. Its a floral, musky scent that has a powdery element to it. Trust me, it's a keeper.

This was actually an impulse buy from Whole Foods. Little did I know that it would ignite not only my senses when I wore it but every male in sniffing distance.
Anytime I want a little extra attention, I wear this. For some time my mom and I were both touting Thierry Mugler's Angel as a love potion. Living in Chicago, it seems like every other woman is wearing it. Since my mom lives in a small city she can still wear it. But I digress.
It's a super fragrance and if you buy it in the little roll-on you AND you love it, then you should get the larger version. I have only ever seen it in Wild Oats (which I think was bought by Whole Foods) and on Auric Blends website.
It's there top-seller of course.
Make it happen already!! You won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 10:58:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dirt cheap and lovely stuff. It's not complicated, but so wonderful and easy to wear - the website lists it as floral, powder and musk, but on me there is very little powder. The musk is deeper and smoother than typical white musks, but not in any way animalic - and I don't get any of the plastic notes that I sometimes find in retailer musks. This lasted 8 hours on me today so I give it excellent marks for lasting power (I purchased this in the oil roll on formulation). This is so clean and fresh and just a tad sexy - perfect for every day wear.