Auric Blends Egyptian Goddess

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had originally rated this 3 stars because it's powdery, clean, white-musk-y and soft but not "sexy" or "goddess-like," and then I tried it as a base for another scent (Jovan Woman, to be exact) and holy moley, the combo is unbelievable! My husband said, "You smell really good!" and he is normally almost completely anosmic. Then I realized the true beauty of EG: wear it on its own as a soft musk skin-scent, or layer it with a spicier or chypre scent to give a gorgeously rounded fragrance experience that has both sillage and skin-scent, teasingly wrapped in one. I would describe Egyptian Goddess as a white musk without the usual sweetness--it even has a smoked-wood note to it that reminds me of snuggling by a campfire. Good stuff.

on 7/14/2009 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought another bottle of this on ebay for five bucks, after getting one that I think was old or "off" somehow. Anyway, I couldn't smell it. Perhaps my nose has gotten better, because I do smell this one, and I really like it. The nearly universal raves are justified, I think. I've been looking for a very unobtrusive, non-perfume-y, clean but not laundry-detergent-smelling "work scent." It's been tough going. The other musks I've tried have been vetoed by my musk-hating husband. This one is technically a musk but it has a woody-resin-lead pencil quality that is quite unusual. The scent in general is difficult to describe, and I suspect, like most musks, it interacts quite a bit with one's body chemistry, so it's very subjective. I do not detect much sweetness or vanilla. On me it's quite dry. There is a touch of something softly fruity to my nose, but nothing overt. Seems like this one would be great for layering. Very nice and just what I was looking for.

on 7/9/2009 5:48:00 PM

I am soooo confused by the raves about this. I'm convinced I must have gotten a bad or rancid bottle or something. I'm not really *that* picky about scents, if it's sweet, but not too sweet, I'll probably like it. Even if I don't like it much, it's unlikely that I'd hate it.

That said, this stuff is awful. I got the roll on bottle, it was about $7 or so, and I had to pay another $6 for shipping, all for .75 oz of very sticky oil. When I put it on, it smells almost like bologna. After it fades some, it smells VERY similar to that generic Giorgio perfume that everyone wore in middle school in the late 80's. Then there's a VERY SLIGHT musk scent hiding under the cheapness.
I was expecting a sweet, musky sandalwood type scent, and I couldn't wait for it to arrive after the reviews, but I'm soooo disappointed.

I don't know if I should see if I can return this to drugstore.com, or throw it away, or what. And the oil is soo thick and sticky. Almost gummy even.

I don't get it.

on 7/7/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like my musks super sweet. This isn't it. I really don't smell any musk. I detect some sort of "smokey" note that I do not care for--almost like a forest fire. The only good thing about this fragrance is that it is inexpensive, and the container is a roll-on. I think I'll stick to Kuumba Made.

on 6/30/2009 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Talk about being late to the party! This is pure heaven in a bottle! I would have never even tried this fragrance had it not been for the overwhelming reviews here and in other places absolutely raving about this scent. It's so cheap that I decided to add it to my latest Drugstore.Com order just to see what all the fuss was about. I was stunned to be honest. I bought the roll on which was less than $6.00 and could not even believe the scent. This has to be the most heavenly musk on earth. I have never smelled anything so clean and pure in my life. This is a very uniquely clean scent. No wonder people want to keep sniffing you when you wear this! There's not a pungent note to be found. Nothing even remotely offensive. Not one note to complicate the purity of this beauty.

This musk is so fresh and pure that I find myself wanting to wear it before bed just to luxuriate in it's simple comfort as I fall asleep. When your body heats up, the scent intensifies and people will stop you and ask you what you are wearing. I think this may be my new favorite scent! It seems a bit lightweight at first, but it really does intensify with your body heat and leaves you wanting to sniff your wrists all day. What a gorgeous clean musk! I had been searching for a musk like this all my life! Love this and will be ordering a full bottle!

on 6/28/2009 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The odd thing about this fragrance is that sometimes it smells so wonderful on me, just perfect and sexy and unbelievable. Other times, not so much. I don't know if maybe my chemistry changes throughout the month or if it's just my nose? Sometimes I wear this and it's soft and clean and musky and so sexy and it's what I personally know as the true magic of Egyptian Goddess. Other times I apply this and it smells like pencil shavings and sandalwood and kind of sour and flat. It's as if the wonderful soft notes have all gone missing and I'm left with just half of the fragrance.

This is a scent I have worn for years and will always keep on hand. It is intoxicating to me, yet never offensive or too strong. It doesn't matter if I put on just a dot of the oil or roll it all over my body, it's never too much. I do believe that this is a scent you have to try on yourself to see if it works with your body chemistry. And for the price I personally believe it's worth the try. The last time I bought a roll-on it was about $7.50 and it lasts quite a while. Maybe this isn't for you and maybe it is. However, I don't think there is ANYTHING else out there that is like this. Whoever created this fragrance, it's difficult for me to even describe because all of the fragrance notes are so well-blended that I can't really pick out individual ingredients. Also, I have tried a few different "Egyptian Musks" from other vendors and only Auric Blends has what I consider the "true" fragrance.

on 6/4/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Umm...where do I start? I got this perfume after reading the reviews, and after standing behind a woman in the post office who smelled absolutely delightful! I ordered mine from ebay, and applied it as soon as I got it. Every move I made gave me a whiff of this scent, and for me, the staying power is amazing. When my husband gave me hug after coming home from work, all he could say was" wow, what is that smell?!" It's comfiness in a bottle, I swear!! Kinda like original Tide, vanilla, musk all in one. Haven't had a problem with it leaking at all either. I will definitely be buying this again!!!

on 5/27/2009 1:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HOLY GRAIL! I got this from Whole Foods so I was able to try it out while in the store, and it was pretty cheap. I think like $7.99 (it's been a while since I purchased it)? I love the roll-on perfume and it has never leaked in my purse. I didn't even realize Egyptian Goddess was a musk until I read other reviews, and now I am really surprised I like it, as most musks I have smelled are way too strong and headache-inducing. To me Egyptian Goddess is a softer scent than Aphrodesia. I have noticed both guys and girls ask me what 'soap' I use when I wear this and tell me I smell really good, so I just assumed I smelled clean or something. I don't really associate it with sexy but maybe it is more than I realized. I certainly do attract a lot more attention when I wear it! I would repurchase but I think this will last forever since you only use a very small amount and I rarely need to reapply. Love!

on 5/22/2009 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Cant believe I havent reviewed this yet. This is somewhat of a cult favorite among me and my friends as it is sold in a local hippie shop on the island. I am a die-hard vanilla fan, but I reach for this so often I carry it around in my purse. It really does get a lot of compliments. Someone asked my friend while wearing it what perfume she had on and she replied "Its called knock me down and ___ me"...you know where Im going, lol. Its a super sexy, musky scent and the staying power is great. Try it out!

on 5/22/2009 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Wooooooonderful sexy scent. I love this fragrance on me. I had a guy at work the other day come up to my desk and say, "I mean no offense, but WHAT are you WEARING?" I said, "Um...a roll on perfume oil." I was suddenly afraid he was going to say, "GAG." But he just smiled and said, "No, what's it CALLED?" I said, "Oh...Egyptian Goddess." He said, "Well, I'm getting it for my wife because it smells intoxicating." Deeeeeewd...thanks. :) I have gotten several compliments on it since then. It's just a very musky, vanilla-y sexy scent. I prefer this over my VS Heavenly which I thought I would never replace.

Popular Fragrances