MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation

3.7

(Original formulation - September 2011): ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Octinoxate 3.40%, Titanium Dioxide 1.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Dipropylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Peg-10 Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Silylate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, [ /- Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288)]

on 5/9/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I am in love with this foundation. I initially got a weeks worth sample from Mac to try it out and loved it so much that I bought a bottle of it this week. First things first, the shade match is perfect for me, I'm warm toned, approx NC30 and I was matched with number 3.0. When I put it on the back of my hand it almost looks too peach but once its on my face the colour adapting particles that Mac claims this foundation has somehow works really well with my skintone. I love the coverage, I apply one thin layer using my hands then stipple on some more where I need extra coverage. It doesn't look cakey or dry. I do make sure that I moisturise really well first as I have normal/dry skin, I have been using Mac strobe cream and this combination gives my skin a gorgeous glow. Not too matte, but not too shiny either, like Mac face & body can be sometimes. The best thing about this foundation is it lasts. I'd say its as long lasting as Mac Pro Longwear. but not as dry looking. I love the pump applicator, I use around three pumps for my whole face and neck. Overall I would highly recommend this foundation.

on 4/23/2014 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

My skin is pretty temperamental; it's mainly dry, but I'm prone to hormonal breakouts and slight oiliness in certain areas also due to hormones. I've been using Matchmaster in shade 1.0 for a year and a half now (currently on my second bottle), and I love it. I find the coverage is perfect for my skin, and it doesn't cling to dry patches as long as I moisturise and use a primer (which is the same for every foundation I've tried). Sometimes I lightly powder my t-zone if I'm having an oily day, but most of the time I can completely forgo powder and get a full day of wear! I might repurchase this product for a third time when I run out, but as it was my first MAC foundation, I'm curious to try the other ones (specifically Studio Fix Fluid).

on 4/19/2014 8:35:00 PM

Obsessed! This is the first MAC foundation that I've EVER bought! I usually stray away from MAC foundations because I heard that they tend to be heavy (MAC is stage makeup afterall..) This is TOTALLY not the case! Light and airy yet still looks medium to full coverage. Not to mention that it perfectly matches my hard to match skintone (I'm 1.5 in this for reference) I'd reccomend to anyone who has normal-dry skin and is looking for a flawless foundation!

on 4/11/2014 1:38:00 AM

MAC Matchmaster fndtn is a fndtn that adapts to your skins undertones. It is a med coverage foundation with a semi- matte; yet dimensional finish to the skin.

I am NC30/35 ~ NW30 ish ( yes, I can wear both), and I wear 4.0. It is the largest bottle of the MAC foundations, minus the F&B. So u get a good bang for your buck here. I believe it retails for $33. It also has a handy dandy pump, so no need to fork over the extra dough to buy one.

I use my MAC 159 brush to apply, and it covers most everything, although I still use a concealer for my nose area which does have some broken caps. It leaves a semi-matte finish, although I prefer more dewy. I set it with MAC's MSFN or Studio Fix, then spray my face with Fix +.

This foundation is long wearing, as I have normal/ dry skin and this did not enhance any dry areas I may have. Long wearing to me is a full 10+ hours. I will say that towards the end of the night the area around my nose seemed to have separated a bit. Not sure if it's because I powdered that area too much or I just may need a wax. lol!

Matchmaster is a gr8 foundation for all skin types imo, except for very dry. If you have oily skin, your face will thank-you as it's main job is oil control. My daughter has oily skin, and this is her HG foundation for the past year or so.

Would I repurchase? I'm not sure, Even though it's a gr8 foundation, I just prefer more of a dewy look.

on 3/27/2014 7:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am a 5.0 in the match master foundation. I have very oily skin and I must say this is the best color match I have ever had except for Chanel beige amber. The coverage is medium , I must say I am a full coverage girl. You are able to build up. Last about 4 hours without powder. Before this I would buy studio fix fluid.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So, I just finished my bottle of Matchmaster in 1.0. I've had it about 3 years, using it regularly (not everyday, but always in my rotation).

My skin: Normal to dry, occasional blemishes due to hormones, redness on center of my face, fair with neutral undertones.

Pros: Best color match I've found to date, this is still how I reference my skin tone on other reviews. NC15 is too yellow and smidge too dark, NW15 products look too pink and too dark on me. So I do think that Mac's statement about letting the individual undertones shine through has some credibility (unless it's just a neutral undertone that happens to suit me!). Easy to apply, I like applying with my fingers, one pump is good for medium coverage. This is buildable as well, I can apply another half pump for more full coverage. Decent price for foundation, obviously we would all like makeup to cost $3, but realistically, it's a good price. Finish is satin or semi-matte, definitely not matte (my dry skin would cry out if it was a matte finish), but not dewy like my L'oreal lumi foundation. Lasts a decent length of time, around 6 hours without prime, 8 hours with primer for my nonoily skin.

Cons: Transfers without being set with powder. I don't have to set with powder for length of wear, but it transfers really easily unless I set with powder, like most foundations. I don't like to set with powder all the time because it dries my skin out. I wish it gave more flawless full coverage, but really only heavy cream foundation like coverfx or theatre makeup give me that look--that's just a personal preference.

I'm not sure if I will repurchase right away, I'd like to try studio sculpt in NC15 or NW15 first to see if I can get the added coverage I'd like. If I used up my other foundations, I would consider repurchasing this, so I said yes to repuchase.

on 3/21/2014 5:24:00 PM

I regret spending so much money on this product!!:( I told the lady at the mac store I had oily skin and she recommended this foundation (which I have decided I don't I actually have dry skin) ladies trust me if you dry skin DONT purchase this, it clings on to dry patches and is very thick and hard to blend if your skin is dry! Also I found the color to be waaay darker than my actual skin and It didn't "match" my skin in any way! I find that this foundation along with macs other ones are way too yellow for me and I'm scared to try any more and blow my money! My face was 3-4 shades darker than the rest of my body and it looked ridiculous! I think if you have pretty oily skin, and yellow undertones and are looking for medium to full coverage you will probably love this. Overall so disappointed in this product!

on 3/20/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This has a medium to full coverage. When I first got this I would say my skin type was normal. Now that my skin has gotten drier I can't use this anymore. It has a matte finish which is basically telling dry skinned girls stay away! It clings to your dry spots and accentuates them. Even when I try to put a moisturizing cream under it I feel like it dries out the cream. I do love how much product I get in the bottle though (1.18 fl oz) It usually lasts me almost a year; Even though I know people say you shouldn't use a foundation for more than 6 months it works perfectly for me. But like said this does not work for me anymore because it's so drying. I would say this foundation is great for people with oily skin.

on 3/20/2014 2:24:00 PM

Seriously MAC foundations suck. Theyre not for everyday wear. Ive tried studio fix, matchmaster and i dont wanna keep trying other ones and confusing my skin to the point that it will break out.. They just dont work for me.. This one stuck to the dry spots on my skin and it didnt look good... Only thing better bout this foundation is that the coloring system is better than the studio fix... However theyre all garbage in my opinion,. And algae extract as an ingredient? Its scary what we put on our skin..

on 3/13/2014 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm kind of on the fence about this foundation I bought after hearing a lot
Of reviews ... I hated the studio fix fluid as it just like a mask and too heavy and for me the match master isn't that different ... They seem pretty similar IMO .. So if you using studio fix I wouldn't run out and buy match master any time soon .... I feel like it looks slightly orange and caky in person ... But yet it looks amazing in photographs ?! So i don't hate it but I definitely don't love it ... It's extremely matte and to me looks very unnatural on the skin ... Would work pretty well on oily skin girls I guess.... It just didn't really wow me I like a more glowy or dewy finish ... Suppose I'll just try a few different techniques with it see if can make it work