December 21, 2014 | 1828 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - BareMinerals foundation #2.3 Medium Beige

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by musiclover07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I started using bare essentials when I first started using make up and I'm so glad I did! If you apply it right it works wonders, it covers up my blemishes and dark circles well. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing any foundation. I love this product and it has been an essential for almost five years now! I am completely shocked by the bad reviews this product has received. My only warning to new users is not putting on too much, like any powder it will look cakey. I love it and recommend trying this product with a good primer for the fact that you use less powder with a primer!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2010 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Daisydill

This was my first experience with mineral makeup. I hated it! Ended up bringing it back (purchased from a BareMinerals store). Made me look old and chalky. Highlighted my lines, and provided no coverage. It also didn't last very long, even with using the BareMinerals PrimeTime. I also found this extremely messy, and not travel friendly. I know many who love BareMineral products, but this just didn't work for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

The first month my skin was fine, but after two months of using the product, my pores are more obvious and my skin breaks out more. Whats weird was that after I remove my makeup, I still get a lingering feeling of the powder still being on my face. I chucked the whole package and will not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by MsAshleyCrim

PROS
-the finish is beautiful, gives a really pretty glow resembles a waxy candle
-Natural finish
-buildable coverage
-good for your skin
-dont look like your wearing makeup

CONS
-Not long wearing
-Not a lot of coverage
-Limited color range for fair/light skin tones. For me, Medium Beige is too dark and Fairly Light is too light. (MAC NW 20)
-Formula made me itch when sweating
-Doesn't conceal well

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by dolcely

It does not give me enough coverage so I don't use it alone. I have to use a liquid foundation under it (dermablend). I use it to seal my liquid foundation and it adds a very natural glow that makes me look like I have natural healthy glowy skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by paradizchic23

i would never buy this product again! i bought the starter kit from sephora and i repurchased the foundation when i ran out once but i will never buy it again. when i would sweat or be in hot weather it made my face itch and it never really provided enough coverage. it emphasized my pores and wouldnt last more than an hour or two. it was just awful i had to go back to liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by slimm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used many mineral foundations over the years, but this color and BE work best for me. I looks the most natural and matches my skin beautifully. It doesn't look mask-like or have that white cast, as I get with other mineral foundations. I'm glad that BE has more color choices now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by trnglinh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate the packaging of this product!! It spills EVERYWHERE!!

But other than that ~ it's the BEST FOUNDATION I have ever used. I hate foundations, all of them seem to feel very heavy on me, as if I was wearing a mask. This one, on the other hand is perfect. I dont feel it at all, sometimes I forget that I even have a foundation at all. It gives a very natural effect. Seems like my skin is naturally beautiful.

Many people complain that it gives you too much shimmer. I personally think, it's just the illusion. It gives you this healthy glow that other mineral foundation don't give. And believe I tried plenty of them.

Used with mineral veil and it will last from morning till late night.

I also noticed that it doesn't break me out and has improved my skin condition since most of the foundation block the pores.

Overall, it is a fantastic product. Unfortunately, I find it a little bit expensive. In UK it retails for £16 for only 2g. It last me a long time. Roughly 8 months since I dont use it that much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

This foundation has such good coverage and its also very flattering because it has a bit of a glow. My only problem with it is that it caused my skin to break out in these little bumps and they seem to get gradually worse and I had to stop using it even though I really love the way it makes my skin look. I did some research about that and I guess its from the bismuth that is in the foundation that will make people with acne-prone skin break out like that.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Sweetie360

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Recently I have been suffering with spots, which I think are hormonal as they are either on my cheeks or chin. After reading fantastic reviews about this product helping to reduce the appearance of spots and the possibility of them stopping, I wanted to give this foundation a try.

I unfortunately had a terrible skin irritation. My face burned and I mean burned. It went red, blotchy and itchy and it kept me awake at night, it was extremely uncomfortable. Having a look around the internet, I found out that an ingredient in this mineral foundation "Bismuth Oxychloride" can cause this same effect if you are one of the unfortunate people to be allergic to it.

On the plus side, the first time I used the foundation it gave me lovely coverage and the shade was just perfect...it did make my nose area abit shiny half way through the day but I have yet to find a foundation that completely takes this away by the afternoon.

Just be careful about this foundation. I ended up spending nearly £20 to use it only 3 times and then throw it away.