October 22, 2014 | 1804 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by varamos0193

I really really wanted to like this product but it just wouldn't dry. I even put setting powder on top and 4 hrs later I accidently (barely) touched my cheek when I was fixing my mascara and it smeared off. ive NEVER had this issue with even my drugstore back ups. also, I put about 1-2 pumps for my entire face and still felt heavy and wet on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by dawny1980

this is my hd foundation. i am really pale and use 1.1 which is the perfect match for me. after years of searching for the perfect foundation i found this and will never change brands again. it is slighty expensive but if you order sirect from smashbox you usually get a decent sized free sample of another product and you only need to use a little so it really is better value than you would first think. one pump is all you need for a medium coverage. it blends well and covers pores and impurities well and also does not break me out. it evens out my combimation skin and looks amazing all day. it goes on velvety smooth and you need very little for good coverage. i use this with smashbox photo finish primer and set it with a light dusting of mac mineralise natural powder in light. can't say enough good things about this foundation, it is superb.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by why1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am an African American woman. I am super oily! I was looking for a transfer resistant foundation and came across this product. Not only is it transfer resistant but it also mattes my skin! Amaaaaazing! Now I can touch my face again without getting spots all over everything.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by sparklezandbutterflies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation now everyday all seasons any weather. It covers pretty well, Medium coverage but beautifully layers to a full coverage finish without looking too cakey or too thick. Sets nicely with or without powder, I tend to only powder it in summer or when i know that i will be wearing makeup for an extended period of time (over 10 hours). Rarely do I need to retouch it, tissue blotting does the trick. It photographs beautifully without any white casts even with flash.

I use the Photofinish Light Primer under and mix shades 2.4 and 3.4 (both have strong golden tones) to get my exact shade which is between MAC Nc 40-43. When I do powder it I use the Kryolan anti-shine powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Iheartbronzer

I am a former Sephora employee and I have tried EVERYTHING. This has been my fav for over a year because of its coverage, natural finish and perfect amount of hydration.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This foundation is amazing. I am a huge foundation junkie but I have really dehydrated, flaky oily skin and finding something that doesn't make me too oily but keeps my dry patches soothed is definitely a challenge and I have only found 2 foundations that truly do that. This foundation and the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum foundation though this is definitely my favourite of the two. Smashbox released this foundation about 2 years ago which was when I bought it for the first time and I was just in love with it. I didn't purchase a second bottle until recently and I am in love all over again. This foundation does everything that I hoped that the Laura Mercier silk creme foundation would do when I bought it back in July or June and returned it. It is a thicker liquid, almost like a cream, provides medium to full coverage, doesn't feel cakey or mask-like, blurs flaws and looks airbrushed without the airbrush. The shade that I use is 1.1 (lightest shade) and I don't really find the shade selection to be all that thrilling- I wish that they had lighter shades since 1.1 is pushing it a bit for me. However, they are one of the few lines that makes pale foundations that have yellow undertones and I am pale and have yellow undertones. I wouldn't say that this foundation is hydrating in the sense that your skin is going to feel plump and moisturized with it on but it keeps my flakes noticeably under control. A massive problem that I have with foundations is that a few hours after applying them, the foundation starts to gravitate towards me dry patches and really clings to them but this stuff stays put. Also, to get the hydrating properties from this foundation, I do not have to sacrifice wear time- this gives me a natural matte finish for literally the entire day and I don't set me foundation with powder. My only negatives with this foundation is that the first time I purchased a bottle of this foundation it was going in to summer so I had to put away my bottle for the summer since the shade was too light and when I went to go use it again, it was really gloppy and had really changed in the bottle so I had to toss it so you kind of need to use the bottle in one go and then the shade selection being so minimal. Otherwise this is definitely my HG foundation and I think for the time being, I'll be done with foundation reviews because I really have found something that ticks all of my boxes and then some. For the sake of the changed texture over time, I rate this foundation 4/5 but for my personal feelings, I would rate it 5/5.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I am very picky about foundations. my skin is super picky actually. I have redness, combination - U zone is dry, and T zone is normal to oily, I have pores, I breakout easily, etc.
This foundation on Sephora has almost a 5 star review.
So I went in store and asked for a sample for color 1.2.
the color is perfect for my skin. I'm not pale, but I can easily pull off what is light. (I am NC 20 from Mac)

Smashbox makes great primers although I don't use them because I think they're better for normal skin, not to control oil on my t zone or hide pores. anyway, so I thought they would make a great foundation too.
It's not a bad foundation, but definitely not one of the best ones.
It doesn't enhance the dry spots, or patches, but it doesn't hide pores at all.
and compared to how thick it goes on even with my beauty blender, the coverage isn't that great.
I can see it caking up if it werent for my beauty blender which applies everything very thinly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been trying this foundation out in 2.2 Light Golden Beige (2.3 was too dark) for the last 4 weeks. At first I wasn't completely sure I liked this, I'm going through a period in which I am searching for the most ideal foundation for my skin and this was the only one that withstood my test of:
a) good coverage (does not cover breakouts completely but does reduce redness, I can live with that)
b) long wearing (I do get oily in my t-zone in 5 hours, but I can blot and it fades nicely)
c) does not break me out (THIS is the big one, generally foundations that have good coverage and are long wearing break me out! Not having the previous two points perfect are acceptable as long has it doesn't break me out.)

I'm both very acne-prone and oily. The only thing that I must point out, it is NOT matte, it's suppose to be camera-friendly and has "light diffusing" properties, which generally means "dewy" appearance. So probably not the most ideal formulation for my oily skin BUT, because it does live up to my expectations fairly well, I can compromise that it doesn't stay put all day long. I pointed out I didn't love it at first because I found that I got oily very quickly but recently I started mixing my primer in with the foundation rather than applying the primer on my face first then the foundation, this seems to extend its life a bit more!

Yesterday, I wore this foundation for a total of 14 hours and even then, my skin looked pretty incredible. Of course, some of the foundation has been lifted from blotting but my skin still appeared to have some coverage, my concerns are the redness, a few breakouts and acne scars.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by demetra02

I have been using this foundation for nearly a year now. I haven't changed just because I am tired of foundation shopping and haven't found anything better. My skin is combination and I have some dark spots on my face as well. I use two pumps of this foundation and apply with my hands. I do one pump and put it on my forehead, eyes, nose and chin first and rub it in. Then i use a second pump for just my cheeks since the dark spots are there. the coverage is medium, it is however buildable but I don't like putting more because it can look cakey. Truthfully I hate putting 2 pumps on my face, that's the one downside about it. The other downside is the price, I used to use mac foundations and this is at least $20 more. I use 3.4 and it matches my face and the rest of my body perfectly. I also like that is doesn't have a high spf and is waterproof which is great since I don't have to worry about changing to a different foundation for the summer. Now I have actually tried it for 15 hours since I was at school then working and it is really long lasting. At 15 hours it doesn't look as good as when first put on obviously but with a blotting paper, any oil is absorbed. With my skin my nose and forehead gets oily first and with this product after 15 hours you could choose to blot or not. I saw a shine personally after 15 hours, but it didn't look greasy it was kind of natural. I don't like any shine so I just blot. I also do use my mac powder to set this foundation every morning so keep that in mind. I also use a primer which is also essential with this product.

I would buy this product again, just because of the fact its long lasting and waterproof and the fact that I haven't found anything better. Definitely worth it to give it a try

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by TraciMaci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think my search is FINALLY over. I have been a MAC NC-50 girl for well over 10 years. However, over the last two months, I noticed that my skin started to break out on my both cheeks. I thought it was EVERYTHING but MAC Studio Fix since I'd been using it so long with no problem. Well it was the Studio Fix. I am 43 and I think my skin has changed and no longer works for me. PLUS I started seeing that the color was off and turning very orange by mid day. So I started my hunt for a new foundation. I tried Bare Minerals...could not get a good match, I tried various other colors of MAC foundations, I tried their other foundations "MatchMaker"....all turned orange.

So I went to Ulta again to look for something else and saw the Smashbox Studio Skin foundation. I picked up the 4.1 and thought it looked like ME so I tried some on and walked around the store expecting to see it change in the different light etc.....IT DID NOT! It blended beautifully into my skin and dried to a very natural semi-matte finish. I thought it could not be true!!! I purchased it and ran home to wash my face and reapply as I would in the mornings to go to work. OMG this foundation is beautiful. It's natural and a perfect match for my skin tone! Thank you Smashbox I think my search is over. I will wear it for a a week or two and report back if any thing changes. I sure hope it does not continue the breakout feast I've been having on my cheeks from Studio Fix.

UPDATE: Okay, I've been wearing this foundation for the past two weeks and it is fantastic! Very beautiful, soft, semi matte finish! A little goes a long way and I use the Halo powder to set. My skin has never looked so natural and beautiful. Not "made up" or caky. And it really is long wearing and stays put. I've only had to blot maybe once during the day IF that. I highly recommend this foundation. Even have my daughter using it now and she loves it too!