August 1, 2014 | 931 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 11:21:00 AM More reviews by demetra02

I have been using this foundation for nearly a year now. I haven't changed just because I am tired of foundation shopping and haven't found anything better. My skin is combination and I have some dark spots on my face as well. I use two pumps of this foundation and apply with my hands. I do one pump and put it on my forehead, eyes, nose and chin first and rub it in. Then i use a second pump for just my cheeks since the dark spots are there. the coverage is medium, it is however buildable but I don't like putting more because it can look cakey. Truthfully I hate putting 2 pumps on my face, that's the one downside about it. The other downside is the price, I used to use mac foundations and this is at least $20 more. I use 3.4 and it matches my face and the rest of my body perfectly. I also like that is doesn't have a high spf and is waterproof which is great since I don't have to worry about changing to a different foundation for the summer. Now I have actually tried it for 15 hours since I was at school then working and it is really long lasting. At 15 hours it doesn't look as good as when first put on obviously but with a blotting paper, any oil is absorbed. With my skin my nose and forehead gets oily first and with this product after 15 hours you could choose to blot or not. I saw a shine personally after 15 hours, but it didn't look greasy it was kind of natural. I don't like any shine so I just blot. I also do use my mac powder to set this foundation every morning so keep that in mind. I also use a primer which is also essential with this product.

I would buy this product again, just because of the fact its long lasting and waterproof and the fact that I haven't found anything better. Definitely worth it to give it a try

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 2:19:00 PM More reviews by TraciMaci

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think my search is FINALLY over. I have been a MAC NC-50 girl for well over 10 years. However, over the last two months, I noticed that my skin started to break out on my both cheeks. I thought it was EVERYTHING but MAC Studio Fix since I'd been using it so long with no problem. Well it was the Studio Fix. I am 43 and I think my skin has changed and no longer works for me. PLUS I started seeing that the color was off and turning very orange by mid day. So I started my hunt for a new foundation. I tried Bare Minerals...could not get a good match, I tried various other colors of MAC foundations, I tried their other foundations "MatchMaker"....all turned orange.

So I went to Ulta again to look for something else and saw the Smashbox Studio Skin foundation. I picked up the 4.1 and thought it looked like ME so I tried some on and walked around the store expecting to see it change in the different light etc.....IT DID NOT! It blended beautifully into my skin and dried to a very natural semi-matte finish. I thought it could not be true!!! I purchased it and ran home to wash my face and reapply as I would in the mornings to go to work. OMG this foundation is beautiful. It's natural and a perfect match for my skin tone! Thank you Smashbox I think my search is over. I will wear it for a a week or two and report back if any thing changes. I sure hope it does not continue the breakout feast I've been having on my cheeks from Studio Fix.

UPDATE: Okay, I've been wearing this foundation for the past two weeks and it is fantastic! Very beautiful, soft, semi matte finish! A little goes a long way and I use the Halo powder to set. My skin has never looked so natural and beautiful. Not "made up" or caky. And it really is long wearing and stays put. I've only had to blot maybe once during the day IF that. I highly recommend this foundation. Even have my daughter using it now and she loves it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by GabbiDiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have a yellow undertone and i'm kind of very white, not so white i have to choose the whitest tone but still. I don't know why makeup artist always gives me red & to white foundations.

I remember being between makeup store, smashbox and elizabeth arden, because honestly, i've tried all between dior to maybelline and still they let me go with a red, very white foundation, i looked sick. Il live in scandinavia where people tend to be really red so they just order this type of foundations. So there was only these three left.

The makeup artist who helped me said that elizabeth arden was the best but i didn't agree at all. The only foundation i've ever had, that really had a true yellow undertone was this foundation. SO if you have a RED undertone, don't even bother buying this.

It really hydrates the skin and even if i have a normal skin i still think this is really hydrating (many foundations tend to dry skin even if it's "hydrating", but this one not)

I't covers well, but still has an natural look.
I absolutely love this, from 2 weeks running around in a big city trying to find a good foundation i founded this.
Give this a try, you won't regret it.
If you have a red and oily skin. Don't try it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Ariiel

I have been looking for a foundation that is able to stay on my face and keep it oil free for months now and stumbled upon this gem at Sephora. My skin is definitely combination, so I have an oily T-zone and dry nose/chin and this foundation actually helped with the oily/dry aspect as it is oil-free and hydrating. Also I haven't had any breakouts so far using this product, so that's a plus.

Something I would like to point out is that the majority of this line has a yellow undertone to it. For me it's perfect, seeing as I have a hard time finding products that actually match my medium/yellow skin. That being said, I would exercise caution with this line if you have something like a pink undertone.

The 15-hour wear claim more or less holds up for me, which has never actually happened before. I use a facial primer (mostly drugstore ones and only an expensive primer for special occasions), and then put the foundation over that and it stays for the majority of the day. I love it, especially since I'm at the gym everyday and after my workouts the foundation rarely shows any signs of wear.

All in all I think this foundation works for any skin type (dry/combo/oily/etc...), but matches best to skins with a yellow undertone. For me one pump provides medium coverage for my whole face and paired with a primer stays on for the majority of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by Zoecash

Amazing! For over ten years I have been trying all brands of foundation from Chanel, Mac, Estée Lauder, Dior, you name it I've tried it! I am prone to an oily t zone and I have enlarged pores which cause me to break out when my pores get clogged. This foundation doesn't clog my pores, is oil free, stays on all day and doesn't give you that matt cakey look which I've had in the past. I ran out of this foundation and had to use my old foundation until payday arrived! I was using Mac Studio fix and over the 2 week duration my skin broke out! I have repurchased Smashbox and after just 2 days my skin is clearing up again! This is the first time I have wrote a review, I feel I had to let you all know how fantastic it is, it really has changed my skin and confidence to go out during the day knowing it looks flawless. Not to mention all the compliments I've had since using it! At £27.50 and lasting me around 3 months I would say it is excellent value for money. The packaging is a glass bottle with a pump which controls how much you use. 2 pumps is plenty for full coverage, sometimes I use only 1 and you can build it up for an even fuller coverage. 10/10 in every way for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by MRSMCCRAY

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this foundation! It is definitely my holy grail foundation. I wear this foundation in color 4.1. For reference I am NC45 in mac products. This foundation has a gel like consistency. I apply it with my fingers. I didn't give it five lippies because although it lasts for more than 15 hours, I do tend to get oily on my cheeks and chin after about 7 hours. But I simply blot with a paper towel and I'm good to go. I get compliments on this foundation all the time. It looks so natural. I simply set it with whatever powder I grab first. I've worn it for well over a year. It's 42.00 at ulta and sephora. I always wait until I have a 20% off coupon to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

it covers very well...I wear it on rainy days coz this stuff really doesn't slide off, it's so waterproof I think it could be worn even at the beach lol...anyway people told me it looks kinda heavy and cakey on me, so I tend to use it only when I get some premenstrual under-skin blemishes coz this foundation covers imperfections very well...wish it looked more natural...I tried to apply it with a normal fdt brush, my hands and a stippling brush but still, the result is the same..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

One of the better higher end foundations. It gives VERY good coverage - one layer is full coverage, medium at the least. The texture is also very creamy but not too runny, just the right viscosity to spread with fingers or a brush. It covers most things - freckles, scars, indents, veins, dark circles, etc. It has a matte finish and looks like porcelain skin when set with a setting powder. The price is a bit high but the product is amazing and there's a good color range for yellows but not really for pink undertones. I would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by ByCharlotte

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have super dry dehydrated skin and I'd say texture is my biggest problem, along with redness - thankfully I tried this foundation! This is my go to foundation for work. It provides perfect coverage with a nice clean finish with super long wear. If you're like me and love a glow-y foundation look, this, in my experience at least, isn't the the most suited foundation. You can count on this to make you look polished and matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mickansley123

I love this foundation for my dry skin! It's lasts forever and keeps me hydrated without flaking. I have a sort of olive complexion so it works great for me but to anyone who has a pink or white undertone, I would not recommend this product. Also, I got this at Bella Donna when they had a sale on all smash box items! It only cost me $25!