October 1, 2014 | 1918 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Candy EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Gael5

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Who called this an old lady scent? Some sensory impairment issues there. Old lady scents are heavy florals usually, of which this is the polar opposite.

If anything, the complaint could be that it's too young with it's sweet, childhood candy tone. I loved it but it lacks lastig power and at it's price that makes it a no re-order for me. I'd go for Hard Candy which is sweet but lasts.

Watch that cap on it, will drive you made. Remember the whole piece comes up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get the yummy gourmand notes from this scent. What really stands out after wearing it for over an hour are the powdery and floral notes. It smells really similar on my skin to Emporio Armani She. It's a softly floral, powdery Oriental... not really my style. There is one sweeter vanilla note that stands out, which I think is the benzoin.

Overall, Candy is too powdery on me, which makes it smell a bit "old lady." But it's a soft, inoffensive scent otherwise. It's not the sort of perfume that will enter a room before its wearer, nor is it terribly unique. I do think the bottle is gorgeous, though. I'd love to have this sitting on my vanity. Even the samples of this scent are beautifully packaged.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Mkuplv86

i love the smell but it doesn't last AT ALL!!! It's gone an hour after i spray it. very disappointing. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by Mysticmme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The benzoin smells like play-doh, it doesn't last on the skin, and the bottle design reminds me of the actress Debbie Reynolds (weird I know, but I find her style repellant).

Bad news aside, someone gave me a shower gel and that was a fun product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Mis72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I like this scent. It is definitely unique and sweet. However, it didn't last on me whatsoever. There are some scents that I put in my hair rather than on skin, due to chemistry issues. I put this on my skin AND in my hair and by lunchtime, I couldn't detect it all and neither could my coworkers. I have other Prada scents and they last much longer than this one. I wish i could return it!!Too much money for too little benefit

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by sauce62

I chose Candy from the Sephora Perfume Sampler at Christmas. I was really hard pressed to find one that was full bottle worthy. But I do quite like this. No sillage on this one, but it does last on my skin and clothes. Very warm and delicious. Upon first applying though, I do get a very strong blast of carrots. Yes, carrots! The carrot scent dissipates quickly and I am left with the caramel and musk. I don't agree that it smells like Pink Sugar. I can't stand that one. This has some butteriness to it. Reminds me of the long discontinued Warm Embrace from Victoria's Secret. Enjoyable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, it's overly sweet. Yes, it's a decedent of the gourmand freaks issuing from Angel. Yes, it smells like candy. Cotton candy.

And that is why I like this one.

That over the top powder with the obnoxious vanilla sugar, and the mixed bag of florals underneath.

Not elegant. Not sophisticated. But it's not cloying nor is it rotting.

Wearing cotton candy, there's something kinda romantic and circus like and bizarre, and it makes me smile.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by BCoffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband bought me this for Christmas and I really like it, I use it as a backup or to change things up from my current fave scent Gucci Flora II. It's sweet, yet not too sweet, and seems to have nice staying power. I get lots of compliments on this frangrance when wearing it. Love the bottle and the way it mists.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Silvertip

No, no and NO. I can't understand why this is so popular, to me it smells like an old lady... But I like the idea and the bottle, the spraythingy is supercute!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by caperucita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my signature scent. It is soft, warm and sweet, not a very complex scent, but I like it anyway :) On me, it's musk, amber, and powdery caramel, much more mature than most sweet fragances, and lasts about 8 hours. Sillage is close to the skin; only people that get close to you can smell it (that is, if you don't overspray).