April 17, 2014 | 1934 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Candy EDP

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, it's overly sweet. Yes, it's a decedent of the gourmand freaks issuing from Angel. Yes, it smells like candy. Cotton candy.

And that is why I like this one.

That over the top powder with the obnoxious vanilla sugar, and the mixed bag of florals underneath.

Not elegant. Not sophisticated. But it's not cloying nor is it rotting.

Wearing cotton candy, there's something kinda romantic and circus like and bizarre, and it makes me smile.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by BCoffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband bought me this for Christmas and I really like it, I use it as a backup or to change things up from my current fave scent Gucci Flora II. It's sweet, yet not too sweet, and seems to have nice staying power. I get lots of compliments on this frangrance when wearing it. Love the bottle and the way it mists.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Silvertip

No, no and NO. I can't understand why this is so popular, to me it smells like an old lady... But I like the idea and the bottle, the spraythingy is supercute!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by caperucita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my signature scent. It is soft, warm and sweet, not a very complex scent, but I like it anyway :) On me, it's musk, amber, and powdery caramel, much more mature than most sweet fragances, and lasts about 8 hours. Sillage is close to the skin; only people that get close to you can smell it (that is, if you don't overspray).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by skelterhelter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Prada Candy is the sophisticated yet still fun older sister of Aquolina's Pink Sugar & Viva La Juicy. There's an overall cotton candy sweetness -- which makes it perfect for younger girls -- but it has a musky Oriental dry down with a slight hint of caramel, so older ladies can rock it too. It's a scent a girl can wear to the office or school because it's very light, girly and non-offensive. And don't be put off by the word musk -- it's just a general warmth & spice that rounds out the gourmand sweetness rather than your typical cloying musk. Beautiful scent but I took off a lippie for its disappointing longevity. I can barely smell it after about a half hour. So instead of taking the plunge & buying a full-size bottle (been working on my samples), I purchased a $5 knock-off from CVS called Party Candy. Not an exact dupe but very similar, and also in a cute bottle like the original. Lasting power sucks on the dupe too, but at least I'm only out $5 instead of $80 ;p

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by amandawongjoyee

Really nice and sweet for teens like me but it is a little tab too powdery and strong for me. I think this is more suitable for mature woman. But i really like this for night time or for dinning as it smells sophisticated and higher-end!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by BeeBonnet

Attracted by reviews of a combination "powder meets caramel candy goodness"....I had been wanting to try this out since first hearing about it, and finally did so yesterday while at the Macy's counter. I then walked around the mall for an hour or two, debating whether or not to return to make the purchase. I actually liked the initial spray, which to me was not overpowering at all and only slightly sweet. Problem being, shortly afterwards the scent was practically nonexistant on my skin. So I pass.... nice scent... while it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by TheHeather77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

My husband got this for me for Christmas and I am in love with it. It is so warm and inviting and not one bit overly sweet. I don't care for scents that are sickeningly sweet, so ironically I end up loving a perfume called Candy! but it is amazing, I highly recommend going and giving it a sniff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by damag

I absolutely love this fragrance!!! It is pure Candy sophistication :) I detect the caramel note & enjoy it a lot! This beauty isn't your average cheap smelling sweet scent, it is very complex & people always compliment me while wearing it, I first discovered this beauty on a magazine add, it was love at first sniff, I just purchased my second bottle last month & will keep buying it despite the prize because it is worth it! A lot of ppl say lasting power is poor but on me it lasts for 8hrs & I can still smell it on my clothes the next day :) this perfume is wonderful & it somehow reminds me of lipstick, a yummy expensive, sweet one that is!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Icingsugar

My favourite perfume of all time, perfect for winter, snuggled indoors watching a film with hot chocolate in your favourite sweater, very comforting yummy scent. Rich yet soft, powdery with underlying smooth caramel. Beautiful scent. Only wish it lasted longer. On me I get a few hours at most. I have purchased this twice and will keep on doing so despite the price because it is such a beautiful sweet scent. The body lotion is amazing too, not as rich as the scent, a little more candyfloss sweet but lasts a good time and is very thick texture.

I would give this a 5/5 but for the lasting power.