April 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Liquid - Illamasqua - Skin Base foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by jmb217

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am shad 3.5 in this foundation. I am NC15-20 in MAC and sometimes an NW20 (select sheer powder) I have a pretty good mix of pink and yellow understones. I find that I use a tiny amount and just where I need it. I put it mostly on my cheeks and it makes them look incredibly smooth and perfect. It's kind of amazing that the color match is so great in this that I can use it to spot cover and it's undetectable where I've applied it and where I haven't! I also use it under my eyes as concealer. I find it to be a satin finish. I'm normal/dry ...mostly dry in the cheek area and it sits beautifully without accentuating dryness like many others (vitalumiere aqua, MUFE HD, nars sheer glow) do. It lasts very well for me, maybe 10 hours, and I find no difference with a primer or without My skin feels really lovely with this on, smooth and moistened, but really not dewy or greasy. I have sensitive skin and it's not caused any issues. It's the best I've used on my never-ending foundation quest.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Hippylady

So unsure about this. On the one hand I think I may have wrong shade as it seems really pale sometimes but other times it works ok. The texture is quite drying to work with and gives a flattish appearance initially but then after it settles it looks nice. It looks nice at night/evening and in pictures but not quite right for day use. Doesn't need a powder even though I have combination skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Holy oily! this made me look like a greasy mess within 30 minutes after application. Not for oily skin. Would look best on dry skin. Gave it two lippies because shade selection is good.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lwaine

After reading a lot of good reviews on this product, I was really excited to try it. On applying with a kabuki brush for the first time I thought it was living up to all the hype. It feels light on the skin, blends evenly and covers imperfections without looking mask-like. However, after a short 4 hour shift at work, I came home to see the foundation gathered around my nose, creasing into fine lines under my eyes and sitting in my pores, making them look huge! I have persevered for a month with it now and its just getting worse. If I have a dry skin day, it sits on top of the skin and accentuates the issue. I am left with oily patches on my nose and chin after only a short amount of time. Its really disappointing because the colour range is fantastic and matches my very pale skin perfectly. To top it off the bottle looks very cheap, it is hard to dispense the product from and all the writing on the back rubbed off the first time I squeezed it! Will not be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Cutekitti

I got the white foundation as most foundations are too dark for me. It allows me to wear my beloved Mac SSF with just a tiny drop added to each amound I apply. It mixes well and I havent had any troubles with it in any foundation that I mixed it into. A tad expensive for such cheap packaging though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Jassianne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really good color for my light-medium olive skintone but I have oily/combination skin and after 1 hour of wearing this foundation my face looks really really oily good for picture but not really good in real life which I think is more important anyway I will still wear this for special occasion

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by hottamales

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Managed to get this on sale at the Illamasqua counter at MYER after all the product rave on Youtube. Was matched to Shade 3.5 (New shade) which was perfect for my skin, tried it on at home and found the consistency too thick and difficult to work with initially...However, after trying it on with my hands and using a buffing brush to really work it into the skin, got a really nice medium coverage and dewy finish. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by LM221990

As someone who is very very pale, no matter what foundation I try it is always a little too dark or orange on me so this white foundation was perfect I mix a little in with my foundation and get the perfect shade, I also use it as a highlighter when contouring and it dosen't make me appear washed out because it can go on sheer and still looks like my skin, my only problem with this product is it drys in to quick so you don't have a lot of time to work with it, I will definatly be repurchasing and would highly reccomend it, it hasn't dryed out my skin, it dosn't emphasise my dry patches either, I do think it is fairly expensive but I feel a little goes a long way.

the reason I only gave 4 lippys and not 5 is because of it drying a little quicker than I would like apart from that I love this foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Izzybelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this after i got my makeup done by the Illamasqua team. Loved the look of it on my skin. I just wish i had've bought the primer to go with it, as i probably wont achieve the same look by doing it myself.
Medium buildable coverage, best to start off with less in your hand as you cannot put back what you don't use in the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2012 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Scarlett2

Hi Peeps, not sure about this foundation, it seems very thick, but does seem light once on the face, but it seems to make the pores look big (no one wants that!). I may not have mastered the art of applying it, I assume you would need a tiny amount, as I put a little, and it looked clumpy after a few hours and my skin was perfectly moisturized and primed.. I will stick to Double Wear Light as my HD for the moment... This Illamasqua is also made in Thailand... which concerns me. Never quite know what is in it - not being awful (dont hate me for that comment), but regulations just not as tight as a lot of other places.