Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Quite possibly the best foundation I've ever used. This stuff....it's like magic. I swear. I'll put a little bit on my face, and before I even blend it out with a brush, it looks blended (not perfect, but still quite impressively). I don't even know how to explain it, but it makes application a dream! I've used this with a brush and with my hands, and found the brush to be better since it sinks into skin so easily. One thing to note though, is to to work with a small bit at a time on the back of your hand, because it does absorb into my hand as well. The coverage is amazing and can be built up or sheered out, which I love. When combined with my Fix+, I get the most beautiful finish. The longevity is great as well, and after long nights out, I still come home with my face in tact. However, it does nothing for oil control on my super oily face (but nothing does, so at this point I've just given up on that.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This product made me breakout...it also made me looked washed out..ashy grey...not good for acne prone or dark olive skin..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

At first I wasn't really sure about this foundation because when I swatches it at the store, I was so concerned of its thick consistency. I like my foundation to be natural looking and light weight, but I decided to give it a go. When I put it on my face, it blends out smoothly and it turns to a powder finish. I like to apply with my real techniques brush and it gives the most beautiful, full but very natural looking finish. I use only one squeeze of the tube and there's enough product for my entire face. Some days when I have school, I just put foundation on my face and some of my friends thought that it was my natural flawless skin. But I was like "no way". I am a very oily person, and this foundation does shine after 8 hours of wear, but it isn't so bad and it can last longer with a primer. It doesn't smear or move around my face which is a plus plus to me! This foundation doesn't break me out and doesn't irritate me acne prone skin! I'm really enjoying this foundation overall!

PROS:
- very natural finish
- powder finish
- medium to full coverage
- doesn't break me out
- doesn't smear or rubs off
- no scent

CON:
- not very oil controlling
- no SPF (I'm in australia and the one I thought doesn't have SPF )

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I think this would have been a great foundation for me in my 20's or 30's. My skin used to be super oily. I used to dread the warm weather because it would make my problem worse. Anyway, I've had a tube of this for a few years now. I do like the coverage. Easy to work with. Used to put it on in the car before I ran into Target when I worked there. Still use it occasionally. My skin is drier now. (Okay, I'm 61. Yeah, I said it.) I need something a little less yellow and slightly more moisturizing.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I really like this foundation! I love the brush, I love that you only have to use a little bit of product, so it lasts. It does a really good job covering my acne and uneven skin tones. I have very oily skin and while it does not control the oil much, it does stay on me. It does not irritate my skin or acne in any way. It is a bit more coverage than I used to use, so I felt a little "made up" at first, but I defiantly wasn't wearing enough coverage in previous products. I prefer a more natural look, and this seems to achieve it for me. I guess I'd say a good med coverage. I think I will buy again, unless I find some perfect product that magically makes oily skin perfect! LOL!

I have been using this product for the longest time and it has been one of the better foundations that I have come across. I don't have very bad skin and I don't have breakout often so this is a great product if you just needed to cover up some blemishes and uneven skin tones. They have an amazing range of colours and I love the wooden screw cover. Its just so unique and I'm a sucker for anything related to nature. This is also great for combination skin.

I've been using this for a year now and it has worked out good for me. I have oily/acne prone skin and it doesn't break me out and it gives good coverage if you know how to apply it. I've noticed some people saying it gets cakey; from my experience, it doesn't cake up.

The product is so thick i like it. i put it on i used a real techniques expert face brush it came out so flawless after i set it with my powder but after like 2 hours it wasn't as great anymore it looked like my mac foundation and that one is not great as well.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was recommended this by my sister. She said it was a great choice for oily skin. However, during this time my oil has been controlled by my skincare routine that is trying to combat my acne that I am suffering after experiencing the horrors of Asia's dirty air, environment and water. Nevertheless, she mentioned that this was a great foundation that does not irritate acne nor cause cysts. She said she herself wears it even when she has acne because of its excellent oil control.

I first got this done in store, both the foundation and the powder, by the national representative makeup artist for Tarte at the Ulta store. It looked great and I love how easy it was to color match me into my shade. I had a problem where my face was much darker than the rest of my skin because I was in the tropics. I got matched to Light Medium Sand for the liquid foundation and Fair Light Honey or Light Sand for the powder. I did not purchase them because I wanted to see how I was reacting to it. I really loved the feel of using the brush to buff it in and build it. The creamy feel of the foundation was rather odd compared to more watery liquid foundations. The powder was really cool and the net was a fun idea (although likely messy). After taking it off about 5 hours later (which thanks to the artist's expert application still looked GOOD, not cakey, and definitely not melted off), I had noticed that my cysts were an angry red, but thought it might have been due to the makeup artist's multiple removals of makeup when trying to color match me to Tarte's liquid and powder foundation. My dry patches were peeling.

In the end a month later after debating the price, I decided to buy it. By this time, I lost a lot of the tan on my face (I have a fairly neutral face with mostly yellow but some pink that leans towards warm due to my constant sun exposure from childhood outdoor activities), so I was forced to buy Fair Sand and Light Medium Sand to mix to match the color on my face. By this time, though, my skin returned to normal/combination and no longer was an oil field although I could still get oily throughout the day without it feeling like a slug slime on my face. Therefore, buffing this foundation in was difficult and I felt was more light to medium coverage than medium coverage that was buildable to full coverage. The accompanying foundation brush irritated my healing acne. It also dried very quickly, but application layer above it flaked off the bottom layer and the coverage became cakey. In the end, my face had a beautiful finish. It unfortunately did not last, but I think it was because my face powder didn't have the setting strength to hold up the heavy foundation.

After only wearing it for 3 hours when I was outside, I took it off immediately because I don't like to wear makeup in the house, especially when I no longer have plans to leave. My face was NOT HAPPY. Cysts that had disappeared or were a faded pink patch not quite bump and almost the color of my skin ERUPTED with my pores a volcanic red. Wasn't sure, so used it the next day, too. EVEN WORSE. My pores were CLOGGED and visibly dark and oxidized. I almost cried when I saw my face after removing the foundation. I didn't cry because I know crying doesn't solve anything, and makes me feel worse.

I finally looked up the ingredients on cosdna.com to judge the severity of each. I prefer to avoid cosmetics that have stearate in them, and I am usually good at avoiding them. I found out that this has Stearic Acid in it. Okay, not so bad. Next, it has Potassium Chloride! Hello, Potassium Chloride is NOT non-comodegenic. And is one of the worst makeup induced acne ingredients!

I am angry at myself that I was duped into buying this. I am going to return all of my Tarte products and refuse to consider any of their brands ever again. They are liars when they say their products are non-comodegenic.

Tldr; great for oil control; I would NOT recommend for normal to dry skin because otherwise drying and cakey. Final verdict: DO NOT BUY FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN.

This foundation has so much potential...I really wanted to love it and I had high expectations. No matter how hard I try, I cannot get this to work for me AT ALL. I have combo skin, and both on my dry patches and my oily areas, this foundation does nothing good for me. I really don't see how this works for anyone unless their skin is perfectly balanced.

First off, I love the squeeze tube packaging. The color selection is some of the best I've seen in any foundation. They could do with more olive tones and deep shades, but otherwise I thought the choices were great. It was easy to find my color.

The texture is a whipped, creamy consistency. I apply it with a flat topped kabuki brush. When I first put this on, it feels and looks amazing. The shade matches my skin perfectly! In fact, I've never had a foundation that so perfectly matched my skin tone. It blends really nicely and my skin looks airbrushed when I'm done. If it would only look like this for more than an hour or two, this foundation would have 5 lippies!

I wouldn't say that it's full coverage at all. It's medium at best. If you build it up for fuller coverage, it cakes.

Here's where the heartbreak starts...after about an hour or two, this stuff completely WRECKS my face. It clings to every imaginable dry patch and emphasizes every wrinkle (and I'm only 23)! It cakes and gets patchy around my nose and eyes. On my T-zone and oily areas it rubs off completely, exposing all of my redness. I feel like this stuff sucks all of the moisture out of my face. My skin will literally be dry and peeling for a good two days after wearing this stuff. It's insane.

I've tried different Primers (Smashbox, Pur minerals), no primer, different setting powders, different moisturizers...nothing seems to work. I get the same horrid result every time regardless of what I do. It's a total disaster. I don't even think I will be finishing this tube, and I am not one to waste a product. This is one of the worst foundations I've ever tried.

I don't see how anybody gets this to work, and I envy you! When I first apply it, it's gorgeous! But for some reason this foundation and I were not meant to be...

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom