December 20, 2014 | 985 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by margomiller

This foundation is truly the worst I have ever used. It will make you look dry and flakey, even if you're not. The "paler" colors are a sickly white that I have never seen as a skin color. The coverage SUCKS!! I would say to put on 2 layers but this foundation is literally a clay paste and feels gross. I have tried with a flat top kabuki brush and a damp beauty blender. Not worth the money.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:51:00 PM More reviews by x8Sophie

I had high expectations for this product cause it sounded so perfect, and boy was a I wrong. It was pretty expensive and it made my face look cakey and didn't blend well into my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Terpsichorean

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Short review for this foundation - it settled into pores big time so I sent it back to QVC.

If you don't have a problem with enlarged pores then I would think this foundation is definitely worth a shot, coverage was good and wasn't too mask-like.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Ammiglammi

I have combo/oily skin and this foundation works wonders! It applies smoothly, stays in place and is medium/full coverage. This is by far my favorite foundation and I don't think I will find a better one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ccarebear344

I am extremely fair skinned and can never find high quality foundation that does not oxidize. This is perfect in ivory, and lasts all day! This foundation is extremely thick and creamy- works much better in the winter than the summer. During the summer, I usually mix with with my moisturizer to thin it out. I love that tarte is all natural and that it does not make my skin break out!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xmissmilly

I recently re-purchased this foundation, and I regret it as it does not withstand the summer heat (of Massachusetts so really not that much heat) I

CONS
It separates especially on the nose and chin. It looks great when first applied but a couple of hours later it looks cakey. I honestly cannot wait to take it off at the end of the day because it literally starts to slide off my face and it smells a little bit, enough for me to notice and want me to get it off.

PROS
I love this as a winter foundation when I am not as oily. A setting powder is a must and helps this foundation a lot. I also love that this does not make me break out whatsoever, if anything it helps heal any breakouts and I get compliments on my "flawless" skin and I stare with disbelief as I have had problematic skin all my life. It spreads very easily with fingers or a brush, and the coverage is great for acne scars and such. The color fair matches my skin PERFECTLY. No oxidization.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

I have been using this foundation since autumn and I must say that I haven't reached out for my other foundations (MUFE; Bourjois; MAC Face & Body) much. I prefer the finish and feel of this foundation in comparison to the others I have but I have yet to see how it will hold up during summer as I get hot and sweat easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by tamerella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a month now and I really like it. Before this foundation I used Clinique Stay Matte Foundation (also an excellent foundation) in the color 19-Sand. For Tarte's shade, I'm in Deep Tan Sand. I apply this foundation with my Real Techniques Face Brush and it applies beautifully! This foundation has a satin finish,not matte at all. I do get a little oily with this but that seems pretty normal for my oily skin type. I wouldn't say that this foundation is full coverage. The only thing I don't like is the price, it's kind of expensive. I think I may switch back to my Clinique Stay Matte Foundation since it only $23.00, Tarte's is almost $40. Still testing this out to see how it will hold up in this very hot and humid summer we are having.

**UPDATE** I live in the South and let me tell you, this foundation is now a no go for me in the summer. Since we have had 98 degree weather plus.... along with the awful humidity, this absouletey makes me look so greasy and gross! I am switching back to my Clinique stay matte foundation because it works so much better than this Tarte foundation. Please keep in mnd that if you are very oily like me, you will have a very shiny face within an hour or two. I will give this a try again in the winter, it sucks that this was on the pricey side.....I will never again buy another tarte foundation. Also, this leaves a white cast on my face when pictures are taken with a flash.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:38:00 AM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great winter and fall makeup. Looks outstanding in photos. No white cast. I think it is like a demi-matte finish. More matte than dewy but not completly matte. keep in mind, my skintype is oily. Long wearing, which is nice. Also great if you are looking for that I am wearing makeup look, in other words, it is kind of heavy looking. more heavy looking than the covergirl 3 in 1...but it is not nearly as heavy looking or feeling as something like revlon colorstay (heavy) or vichy dermablend (unbelievably heavy)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like it. I might have loved it if the coverage were better. It's not full coverage. What I like is that it doesn't get cake around my nose during the day. It reminds me of MAC Studio sculpt a lot, it's a bit thicker but still similar. It never looks dry or heavy on my skin, lasts the day. Not bad at all.
EDIT MY FAVORITE FOUNDATION EVER! I watched the video on qvc.com and they applied with a brush. Because I didn't think the coverage was enough I thought by patting it in would work better. The brush is fantastic, I would call it medium to full coverage. Looks even better as the day goes on and it stays put! Doesn't settle in lines, doesn't dry out, perfect.