BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2088 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 6/27/2015 8:50:00 PM

I got a travel size version of this, so I'm not sure my experience would be the same as the full size. I heard this was an amazing product but was disappointed. I found it to be a bit clumpy and did not lengthen and define my lashes that well. I had high hopes for the tip, which looked like a minesweeper, but I found this did not get the corner lashes very well. Again, the brush may be slightly better in the full size, but I would not recommend this.

on 6/27/2015 4:42:00 PM

I just can't understand all the hype about this mascara. Based on those enthusiastic reviews I had pretty high expectations on this product. But the miracle with my lashes didn't happen. It is one of the worst mascaras I have ever tried. I really hate the rubber wand. Although I always use my lash curler before applying mascara, this one can't hold the curl and straightens my lashes immediately. For me it's big NO-NO.

I had never tried this before, and made the terrible mistake of buying the full size. It made my lashes thick, clumpy, and spidery and didnt come off even with eye makeup remover. Trying to get it off was probably the worst pRt. I got a sample of the they're real remover, that did nothing as well.

on 6/25/2015 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had received a sample of "They're Real" from Sephora. Tried the mascara and loved it. I love the wand with the spiky end which really gets all your little lashes. I did watch the video on how to apply this mascara which was very informative. I have listed the link:

It really makes my lashes look full and long and actually people have asked me if they are real! I do however use Covergirl Lash Blast first then "They're Real" over that. When it comes to cleaning my face at night I do not use an eye makeup remover, I just use warm water and and my cleanser and gently rub with my ring finger over my lashes and the mascara comes right off. Yes it is very pricey but using it with another mascara first gives me some longevity. I definitely would buy this again.

on 6/16/2015 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I expected this to be rubbish but it actually isn't half bad. I'm not the biggest fan of the brush and find that the bristles aren't too flexible and kind of harsh against the lashes. I also find the spikey end of the wand to be rather useless. The formula is pretty wet and goes onto the lashes quite easily. I found that this added a little bit of length and was quite generous with the volume, even though I have tried other mascaras that provide more. This also has a nice rich black colour. I think the biggest con is how clumpy it gets and quickly. I like to layer and build up mascaras as long as it doesn't take too long, but I find that this clumps up really quickly. However, this is a pretty common problem with my relatively sparse Asian lashes. This is hard to remove with normal make up remover but I find it removes easily with my favourite cleansing oil that dissolves even hard wearing waterproof mascaras. On the plus side, this wears really well and doesn't smudge or flake.

I find this to be a good mascara in that it actually made my lashes look different given that many mascaras fail to make a difference on me. However, I have found others I like so much more so I will not repurchase this. I struggle to find good drugstore mascaras but I imagine you could find something similar without paying this price. I don't mind paying $$$$ for an exceptional mascara, but this doesn't wow.

on 6/15/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Spider lashes, pure and simple. I got a full size tube of this for free and I would never go out and purchase this on my own. Stains the skin and is extremely difficult to remove, so it ruins the application for me. I've used drugstore mascara that is better. The overall effect is just tacky and unnatural, and I do not recommend at all.

on 6/14/2015 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Absolute horror. Got this two times, don't know what I was thinking. I look monstrous and spidery af when applying. The formula gets dry after a week or so but even when it's fresh it is trash. Hate it.

on 6/14/2015 4:17:00 AM

This mascara is horrible! The wet formula does nothing to hold the curl of my lashes as well as clumping them considerably into thick spider-like lashes! Despite it having many negative aspects it still gives great length but isn't worth the money.

on 6/13/2015 1:31:00 PM

This will teach me not to try something new without checking MakeUpAlley first! I can't really add too much new to the existing reviews that hasn't been said: Wet, spidery, thin lashes. Absolutely no volumizing effect. I also need a separate eye makeup remover which I don't like - usually I come home after work and take everything off my face with Bioderma, but this is impervious to that. I really have to work at getting this off which isn't good for the delicate eye area. I will never stray from L'Oreal's Voluminous again - they just dominate the mascara world -for a third of this price of this non-starter.
I want my 25.00 back . :(

on 6/13/2015 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

It applies nicely. For someone with short lashes the brush is very friendly. My lashes looked nice afterwards and did make a difference. It did start to irritate my sensitive eyes to the point where they started to burn after half an hour and I had to remove it. Too bad, since this does give a good lash. Badgal Lash has always irritated my eyes, however Roller Lash doesn't seem to. This one isn't friendly for sensitive eyes.

Video Reviews & Tutorials