BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

1947 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews! I absolutely LOVE this mascara. I find that it separates/defines my lashes while adding some volume and length! I've used about three sample tubes of this and definitely plan on purchasing the full sized product once I run out of the minis I've been hoarding. Lately on MUA I've noticed the mascara reviews are much like fragrance reviews- meaning they're an individualized preference depending on what your needs are. I also feel it personally takes me a few days/a week in order to maneuver the brush as each mascara is so different from one to the next. I do feel Benefit products in general are hit or miss, (we all know the Push-Up Liner was a total fail), but this one is definitely worth checking out. Considering the mixed reviews, I'd get my hands on a sample tube first if I were reading this before spending $23 on a mascara. In my humble opinion, it is worth every penny. I just love the formula, the brush, everything about this. It's very long lasting and yes, can be a little tedious to remove. I think this is more of a glamorous mascara as opposed to a natural looking mascara such as Tarte. I definitely consider this HG material.

I love tanks! I don't like the price but it has great staying power and I think to get the most out of this you need to use two mascaras. I like tarts light camera lashes to hover top of this. Sometimes I'll use the dior serum primer first then benefit then tarte. Perfection! However I do almost think that LOREAL manga is reallllly close to this mascara so unless I have the extra money I buy that instead

on 1/20/2015 5:43:00 AM

I think this is a love it or hate it kinda product. I had tried a sample from Sephora and thought that it made my lashes clumpy and short. That being said my friend tried it and it made her lashes look amazing. Although every time I tried it I was left disappointed.
Wonder how a product can be perfect on one person and a disaster on another?
I say try it yourself and get a sample first

on 1/20/2015 5:14:00 AM

Probably the worst mascara I've ever used. I bought it hoping that it would separate my lashes to make it look like I have no mascara on, but instead it made them stick together and I had a hard time removing it. Definitely wouldn't buy again.

on 1/19/2015 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I really like this mascara but I lean slightly more towards Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara as my favorite.

I've never had any luck with any drugstore mascaras and I'm a mascara junky. So I turned to the more expensive brands. This and Too Faced's BTS mascara gave me great results but this gives me more of a spidery look on the 2nd coat. I get great length, volume, color and definition as long as I only use one coat. That being said, I haven't had an issue with flaking either but its a bit hard to get off if I'm not using Philosophy's Purity cleanser to remove it.

Due to my Ipsy subscription and loving trying different mascaras (I have 5 sample tubes I need to use up before I can consider buying a full sized mascara), I probably won't repurchase it. Too Faced's BTS is just slightly better in my opinion (no spidery lashes) and I want to try out YSL, Urban Decay's Perversion, and Tarte's Lights, Camera, Flashes.

It beat any drugstore mascara I've tried but I feel like it could've been better if it wasn't spidery. I guess I just need less spideriness if I'm going to send 20 some dollars on a mascara.

on 1/19/2015 8:07:00 PM

Never have i spent more time removing a single product. Id heard good things about this mascara but i hated it. It gave great length but dried a lot and made my lashes feel crunchy and my lashes even got tangled...what. ive never hated a product more. Im definetly returning this next time im at ulta.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm not a huge fan of Benefit products as I find they can be a bit 'style over substance'.
This is a nice mascara and make my stubby lashes look long but I still need to curl them. It doesn't transfer during the day but I find it a nightmare to take off so for that reason I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/19/2015 1:11:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

Benefit products have always eluded me.. I've never had great success with any of their products and yet they get raving reviews on sites like Sephora and youtubers swearing by them. Why? A great PR campaign of course!

With that said though, I was (still am..) on the hunt for a HG mascara. Being desperate and yes, suckered in by all of the rave reviews online, I decided to give this stuff a go with an open mind.

When I bought this I should have insisted that I be allowed to try it even though there wasn't a tester available-- not only did it not give me the wide-eyed look I was hoping for, it made my lashes look like spider legs. They were a little bit longer, for sure, but the effect was not pleasant! Formula was gloopy, gooey and odd and it was an absolute nightmare to remove.

My theories on Benefit have only been confirmed after using this stuff. Will not purchase again, ever.

on 1/15/2015 8:29:00 PM

I have been using this mascara for around two years. My reasoning behind this would be for the most part, it's staying power. My mascara would always find its way under my eyes by the end of the day and this one does not. It also makes lashes look quite long and thick. It is pretty hard to take off and is a bit on the pricey side so that's why I can't give it a 5. I buy mine at sephora either at the store or online and it comes with a fair amount.

on 1/14/2015 10:38:00 PM

I usually use waterproof mascara because I have very straight eyelashes and it helps to keep them curled. I was told that this was just as good as any waterproof mascara. As soon as I put it on my eyelashes drooped down again, straight as an arrow. I decided to use it on my bottom lashes and it looked really dry and after an hour I had black circles under my eyes. This stuff just didn't work for me. I'll stick with maybelline..

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products