December 18, 2014 | 1714 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted so much to love this mascara. But I don't. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but I just don't love it. I have rather long and thick lashes (lucky me!) but the tips are blond so they look pretty short without mascara. I prefer thick, full lashes to lots of length and They're Real is moderately lengthening and gives a fair amount of volume and fullness. I have no issues with clumping, even though I routinely layer 4 or 5 coats on. I also have no issues with smearing and flaking. I know many people complain of how hard it is to take off, it's really not that bad. You just need to use a good eye makeup remover. This is a solid performing mascara and it's only fault is that is doesn't give have quite enough oomph for the super dramatic look I usually go for. I will use up the tube I have but I doubt I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by amyvankirk

I really wanted to love this product but I am more of a fuller lashes kind of gal not a stringy spider lash type. The brush on this mascara does help to get all the small hairs but it doesnt plump them it more just defines them which is great for some but not me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by innagrig

I'm so glad that so many people rated this bad. I honestly love it for a day. Once I put the benefits mascara on one eye and a drugstore mascara on the other and the drug store one was just as good! In fact the drugstore one was way easier to apply as well! The little ball thing on the end was pointless and made the application clumpy

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by mybeautycravings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The first time I used Benefit’s they’re Real! Mascara, I was impressed with how it gave me luscious and jet black lashes. However, after a few uses, I’d fallen out of love with it.

What's Good?
1. Thick & luscious lashes
2. Intense colour
3. Coat and separate lashes well

What's Bad?
1. Big Brush head
2. Smudges too quickly

Full review and before-after photos at: http://bit.ly/ben-real

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by snoepje

I don't know what happened with this mascara. I put it on and it clumped SO MUCH that I got an eye infection. Literally, the clumps started falling off into my eyes and I had to lie in bed bleary and red-eyed for two days because I couldn't open them without feeling excruciating pain. Now I'm scared to try it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Heezy

This is an averagely good mascara. I wouldn't say there is anything revolutionary about it. You can find drugstore mascaras that perform as well for a fraction of the price. That being said, it doesn't clump or flake and separates relatively well. Its nice and black and had good staying power. It's just nothing unique.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by allykat1339

I really tried to like this product. It does make your lashes longer, however, it's quite heavy feeling on my lashes. It's a pain to wash off, even for a waterproof mascara. Overall, it is a good mascara, but I personally can't stand the way it feels on my eyelashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Angelina182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so exiting,as i bought this mascara. But Then i tried it out and it was a mess! My lashes get Clumpy and i look that i have less lashes Then i Actually had before. So please dont buy this Mascara, it's not worth the money. The only positive thing about this is that it stays on very well. But when you are like me and you don't like how it looks, I would not buy this. There are drugstore Mascaras where you can get definitly better results.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara for the fact that it does what it says - makes lashes very long, and it provides reasonable volume too. I have been using this mascara almost everyday for just over a year, and one thing that continues to happen are the clumps. It's very long-lasting, to the point where you go to do your makeup the following day and small chunks this mascara will still be left on your lashes, even after removing makeup the previous night. As a result, I now use my HG mascara with the second coat being a little bit of the They're Real! to give my lashes that extra length, minus the clumpy lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by jivelovebug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Longer lashes r instantly visible. Removing this mascara would be a tough task, as it gets clumpy.
Otherwise,it is a wonderful product.