October 24, 2014 | 1579 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by HairWaves

A basic product but does the job its intended to. Smell is nothing special but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by ellaofthewoods

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my first product review ever! Just felt i needed to review this moisturizer. My story: I decided to tackle my acne and started a benzoyl peroxide and tea tree oil regimen. So my acne is gone, (for the first time since my teenage years) but i was left with EXTREMELY dry and flaking skin. Wrinkles started to appear due to the dryness. It was horrible. I tried a number of expensive creams and facial serums (mario badescu, weleda, sukin etc etc) They moisturized for a little while but my skin quickly became dry again during the day. Also did a lot of homemade masks, honey yoghurt, oatmeal, etc. They helped, but only so much..

My boyfriend bought a bottle of Cetaphil lotion since he ran out of his old moisturizer and simply bought it because it was on sale. I decided to try it out just for the heck of it before bedtime. When I woke up the next morning I hardly recognized my skin. Plump, dewy and flakiness pretty much gone instantly. I kept using it for the next days and it COMPLETELY changed my skin. It's now so soft and dewy, calm, and even my hyperpigmentation seems faded. I know people don't like the list of ingredients, but honestly, NOTHING has done such an amazing job at moisturizing my skin. All those organic products just aren't strong enough. So Cetaphil lotion is now at HG STATUS!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by jamface17

For the 1 litre bottle, the cost is around $20 AUD. I bought this lotion with the intention to just use it as a body moisturiser. For a very basic lotion, it does a good job. I apply it every night after my shower and after several uses, my skin felt noticeably softer. Using this combined with regular body exfoliation definitely helps to maintain soft and smooth skin. Some people may find it to be slightly tacky on the skin, like it hasn't fully absorbed, but since I apply it at night, it doesn't really bother me. There was one night though, that my brother touched my neck and was like, "why are you sweating? Didn't you just have a shower?" So yeah.. tacky feeling lotion and a younger brother probably isn't the best pairing!

My mistake with this lotion though was trying it on my face. What was I thinking?! For reference, I have oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. My skin is also EXTREMELY prone to clogged pores. I thought that it'd be wonderful and so convenient if I could use the same inexpensive, simple moisturiser on my face and body. I tried it one night and the next morning awoke to skin that was oiler than usual and a couple of new spots on my cheek/chin area. The clarity of my skin didn't look too crash hot either. After testing it out a few more times on random nights just to be sure, I've concluded that even as a night cream, this is not good for oily skin, especially if it's acne-prone. However, depending on your skin type, some people will like it for face and body. My friend has dry, sensitive skin and this works great as an all-in-one moisturiser.

I'm still rating this product highly because as a body lotion, it's very good and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants something inexpensive to use daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by teeohhareeye

My dermatologist told me to use this and I love it I have horribly dry skin and it helps so much

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by AJ3141

I've been using this as my daily body lotion for about 2 months now and it has blown me away. Finally, a lotion that doesn't leave my hands greasy after I've put it on! It provides the perfect amount of moisturization for my legs, arms, shoulders, and back. It's noncomedogenic so if some gets on my face, I don't have to worry about it breaking me out. Since it has no fragrance, it doesn't interfere with my perfume or scented body products. Very cheap for the amount you get and how long it lasts. I'll be buying this again when I run out :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by pinktarte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This product line is horrible. My sensitive skin reacted so much to this. I don't know how dermatologist recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by girlraven

I don't like this moisturizer, it says its for all skin types but this made my skin greasy. It was the first ever moisturizer and cleanser I ever bought, and I didn't know what I was looking for, I have since moved on and found way better moisturizers than this like lush and many other drug store moisturizers. Save your money and buy something better, off course I would not repurchase this ever again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Simply put, I love this lotion. I have acne prone dry skin and this lotion while basic does a great job of moisturizing without making me greasy. I highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Hauzer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Death to this product! I have never ever broken out with any products (and I have abused my skin with a variety of skin products over the years!) but this killed my face!! I have normal skin with the occasional time of month pimple. Cut long story short, ran out of my reg moisturizer, used this ( cmon I use this on my baby's butt it must be safe!), became leather face from Texas chainsaw massacre. My face was so dry, red and stingy on fire ! For a mild product it's pretty evil on the face but it was fine for the rest of my body. Sorry Cetaphil wanted to like but you were no good for my face. No love here

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by eunicet182a

I've tried many other moisturisers, but I always seem to come back to this one. I wouldn't say this moisturisers particularly good. It's just a reliable, basic one that does what it's meant to do. It makes my face a bit shiny though.
I used to use this on my body as well, but I've found that the formula wasn't thick abd moisturising enough.