Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

3.0

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Squalane, Yeast Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Isohexadecane, PEG-6, Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Polysorbate 20, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Di-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Limonene, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine

on 6/6/2012 5:57:00 PM

Estee Lauder's Cyber White serum and their Enlighten Serum work much better for dark spots than this Idealist serum.
I've used two bottles of this product until I decided that I should use something else. I think it's great in lightening acne scars, but the effects are temporary. I was told by an Estee Lauder rep that for this serum to be effective I should always use a moisturizer over it, and I followed these instructions but still didn't get the results I wanted.
Also, this makes my face look shiny even when I don't use makeup on top of this serum and moisturizer. I'd like for my skin to look luminous, but not in the sense of having green/yellow shinny glitter on my face like what this product creates.

on 6/4/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hi Girlies,
I'm absolutly buying this product again, it took away the redness and some pimple marks of my face with one week after using the product twice a day . AWESOME.

on 6/4/2012 1:24:00 AM

I got this as a sample from David Jones. It didn't do much for my skin pigmentations. I use it every morning and my skin still seems to be the same . The only thing I like about it is the slight shimmer and glow it adds to my skin. Unlike some other reviews, it didnt break me out in acne. Won't be purchasing it again.

on 5/28/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not a fan of original idealist, but this one is great!
I have sensitive, acne prone skin, and discoloration from past breakout IS a concern for me. I love this stuff (can't believe the fragrance doesn't irritate my skin), I use it every morning now. Since getting my breakouts under control I appreciate the subtle golden shimmer that never makes me look sparkly, just radiant. It does seem to help with skin tone, but I am using a prescription retinal at night too (very good combo). I can mix it with my tinted moisturizer or foundation (smooth operator or amazonian both by tarte) or wear it alone under some sheer powder. It is great for layering or priming under makeup too. Super versatile, doesn't ball up or have trouble mixing. You can even mix it with sunscreen! It also makes the skin feel velvety smooth.
LOVE it!

on 4/29/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

So this is supposed to "dramatically reduce the look of uneven skin tone" over time. I neither use this often enough nor really need it to notice a difference. I'm not sure why I bought, actually, but I am glad I did. I use retinol at night, and this in the AM either as a primer or in place of foundation. Like Burberry's Fresh Glow this has very, very fine shimmer, a lovely champagne pearlessence. It brings a little glow to my face and helps makeup last, although I don't believe it is properly a primer. This smells amazing and if I could use a similar smell as a light spray, I would. Lots of reviewers have commented that this broke them out very badly; the original Idealist does that to my face, I have no trouble with this.

on 4/11/2012 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I tried this. Meh. I don't think it did much to fade the spots I had. It might have helped prevent a few, and the gold shimmer did help my skin have a little extra glow, but this was a lot of money to pay for not much of a result. Also, the shimmer rubbed off a bit on stuff so that was a little disconcerting.

on 4/2/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was disappointing. I used the entire bottle, but didn't notice any improvement. I won't buy this product again, and would not recommend it.

on 4/2/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I'm not sure if this did anything for me. My hyperpigmentation spots faded from my face and chest while I was using this, but they continued to fade after I was all out. (I think it was the Equate Proactive dupe toner from Walmart) On the other hand, it didn't make my skin worse. Even so, I will not repurchase.

on 4/2/2012 12:13:00 AM

I have normal skin type and after having a severe breakout from MAC Studio Fix, I got this in a kit (has a sample of ANR, Daycream and ANR Eye

on 3/23/2012 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This works just as well as the clinique even better clinical serum. They are almost identical, except EL added gold illuminating pigment and the pH is lower within exfoliation range. I opt for this product because it will remove my red acne scars but it is very slow working. Also, these serums are less irritating than hydroquinone.

As I said in my review for the Clinique product, I don't this this product will be very effective against more stubborn pigmentation blemishes (melasma, sun or age spots) but it works well against fighting acne marks. If your skin is glowing like a disco ball after, it is probably because you're applying more than necessary and not layering and SPF or moisturizer over it. I have no issues with the gold pigment, however I could do without it. It has no benefits for your skin. It's just a makeup trick.

Pros:
-non-comedogenic
-doesn't cause rashes, eczema or dermititis
-hydrating and full of antioxidants!
-fades brown and red acne hyperpigmentation
-great packaging - it has not oxidized and I've had it over 2 months

Cons:
-slow working
-very expensive
-not aggressive enough for darker blemishes
-contains fragrance that has the potential to cause irritation

I also find that mixing this serum with 100% pure argan oil enhances its efficacy and you will need to wear a very high SPF daily.

Popular Treatments (Face)