July 29, 2014 | 2150 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

So this is supposed to "dramatically reduce the look of uneven skin tone" over time. I neither use this often enough nor really need it to notice a difference. I'm not sure why I bought, actually, but I am glad I did. I use retinol at night, and this in the AM either as a primer or in place of foundation. Like Burberry's Fresh Glow this has very, very fine shimmer, a lovely champagne pearlessence. It brings a little glow to my face and helps makeup last, although I don't believe it is properly a primer. This smells amazing and if I could use a similar smell as a light spray, I would. Lots of reviewers have commented that this broke them out very badly; the original Idealist does that to my face, I have no trouble with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by MandyinNYC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this. Meh. I don't think it did much to fade the spots I had. It might have helped prevent a few, and the gold shimmer did help my skin have a little extra glow, but this was a lot of money to pay for not much of a result. Also, the shimmer rubbed off a bit on stuff so that was a little disconcerting.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by 282012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was disappointing. I used the entire bottle, but didn't notice any improvement. I won't buy this product again, and would not recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

I'm not sure if this did anything for me. My hyperpigmentation spots faded from my face and chest while I was using this, but they continued to fade after I was all out. (I think it was the Equate Proactive dupe toner from Walmart) On the other hand, it didn't make my skin worse. Even so, I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 12:13:00 AM More reviews by jiller777

I have normal skin type and after having a severe breakout from MAC Studio Fix, I got this in a kit (has a sample of ANR, Daycream and ANR Eye

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by skinnyboness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works just as well as the clinique even better clinical serum. They are almost identical, except EL added gold illuminating pigment and the pH is lower within exfoliation range. I opt for this product because it will remove my red acne scars but it is very slow working. Also, these serums are less irritating than hydroquinone.

As I said in my review for the Clinique product, I don't this this product will be very effective against more stubborn pigmentation blemishes (melasma, sun or age spots) but it works well against fighting acne marks. If your skin is glowing like a disco ball after, it is probably because you're applying more than necessary and not layering and SPF or moisturizer over it. I have no issues with the gold pigment, however I could do without it. It has no benefits for your skin. It's just a makeup trick.

Pros:
-non-comedogenic
-doesn't cause rashes, eczema or dermititis
-hydrating and full of antioxidants!
-fades brown and red acne hyperpigmentation
-great packaging - it has not oxidized and I've had it over 2 months

Cons:
-slow working
-very expensive
-not aggressive enough for darker blemishes
-contains fragrance that has the potential to cause irritation

I also find that mixing this serum with 100% pure argan oil enhances its efficacy and you will need to wear a very high SPF daily.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I could tell a difference in the redness but it gave me cystic acne. Something I've never had before. Painful. It's honestly not worth the price. Just make sure you have a good solid skin care routine. That's all you need.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by somedancer125

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for 6 months off and on within 2-3 weeks I can see new and older dark marks left over from acne start to fade, this product has faded many marks. As far as dark mark/spot lightners I've tried have been Clinique, Acne Free, Garnier, Neutrogena, etc, none of which worked or they made me breakout. I don't apply this product all over my face only on the area's that need to be lightened, when I first started using it I noticed breakouts from applying all over. Overall it takes a good 10+ weeks for a dark mark to fade and being prone to them (even the most tiny breakout) on a college student's budget not I would buy due to the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by emeraldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is great before putting on my powder or foundation. It sorts of prepares my skin and makes it look fresh. It makes the make-up glide on smoothly and flawlessly. It does brighten and even out my skin tone instantly and I can see a difference when I have this on with my make-up. It also does not make me break out. But I am not sure of the long-term benefits of this product as I have used this with many others at the same time. I got this for less than half the price on eBay but will not be repurchasing again, I find it too expensive. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by luvyal9449

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had seen results from this product initially but this was brief before my skin started to take a turn for to worst. I feel that my skin began to be the opposite of what the product advertised. My skin became dull and I felt that I saw even more discoloration. I also began to experience abnormal breakouts. This product is going in the garbage..