Estee Lauder Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

3.0

Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Gentiana Lutea (Gentian) Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Hydrolyzed Rice Bran Extract, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Salicylic Acid, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Acetyl Glucosamine, Squalane, Yeast Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Isohexadecane, PEG-6, Dimethoxytolyl Propylresorcinol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Polysorbate 20, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Polysorbate 80, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Di-C12-18 Alkyl Dimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Tromethamine, Tin Oxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Linalool, Limonene, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I used this product for about a year and it did not help to even out my skin tone or to reduce redness. It did give off a nice shimmery finish that made my skin look like it was glowing, but with continued use the glowing look disappeared. This product was way too expensive and did little to improve the look of my skin.

on 6/6/2012 6:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I was given 5 sachets of EL's Idealist Skintone Illuminator and by sachet 3, I knew I had to get this. My skin is blotchy at best of times - red cheeks, old acne scars, pigmentation marks, you name it! By sachet 5, my skin had gone through an incredible turnaround. My face is smoother, softer and the redness which I have suffered with for years is gone and so has most of the pigmentation marks! My acne scars are still there but they have faded considerably. Even my husband who is normally so blasť actually commented, twice(!) that my skin was looking so much clearer and better. This has been a lifesaver. I feel more confident now knowing that underneath this veil of makeup, I have good skin!

on 6/6/2012 5:57:00 PM

Estee Lauder's Cyber White serum and their Enlighten Serum work much better for dark spots than this Idealist serum.
I've used two bottles of this product until I decided that I should use something else. I think it's great in lightening acne scars, but the effects are temporary. I was told by an Estee Lauder rep that for this serum to be effective I should always use a moisturizer over it, and I followed these instructions but still didn't get the results I wanted.
Also, this makes my face look shiny even when I don't use makeup on top of this serum and moisturizer. I'd like for my skin to look luminous, but not in the sense of having green/yellow shinny glitter on my face like what this product creates.

on 6/4/2012 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hi Girlies,
I'm absolutly buying this product again, it took away the redness and some pimple marks of my face with one week after using the product twice a day . AWESOME.

on 6/4/2012 1:24:00 AM

I got this as a sample from David Jones. It didn't do much for my skin pigmentations. I use it every morning and my skin still seems to be the same . The only thing I like about it is the slight shimmer and glow it adds to my skin. Unlike some other reviews, it didnt break me out in acne. Won't be purchasing it again.

on 5/28/2012 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Not a fan of original idealist, but this one is great!
I have sensitive, acne prone skin, and discoloration from past breakout IS a concern for me. I love this stuff (can't believe the fragrance doesn't irritate my skin), I use it every morning now. Since getting my breakouts under control I appreciate the subtle golden shimmer that never makes me look sparkly, just radiant. It does seem to help with skin tone, but I am using a prescription retinal at night too (very good combo). I can mix it with my tinted moisturizer or foundation (smooth operator or amazonian both by tarte) or wear it alone under some sheer powder. It is great for layering or priming under makeup too. Super versatile, doesn't ball up or have trouble mixing. You can even mix it with sunscreen! It also makes the skin feel velvety smooth.
LOVE it!

on 4/29/2012 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

So this is supposed to "dramatically reduce the look of uneven skin tone" over time. I neither use this often enough nor really need it to notice a difference. I'm not sure why I bought, actually, but I am glad I did. I use retinol at night, and this in the AM either as a primer or in place of foundation. Like Burberry's Fresh Glow this has very, very fine shimmer, a lovely champagne pearlessence. It brings a little glow to my face and helps makeup last, although I don't believe it is properly a primer. This smells amazing and if I could use a similar smell as a light spray, I would. Lots of reviewers have commented that this broke them out very badly; the original Idealist does that to my face, I have no trouble with this.

on 4/11/2012 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I tried this. Meh. I don't think it did much to fade the spots I had. It might have helped prevent a few, and the gold shimmer did help my skin have a little extra glow, but this was a lot of money to pay for not much of a result. Also, the shimmer rubbed off a bit on stuff so that was a little disconcerting.

on 4/2/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product was disappointing. I used the entire bottle, but didn't notice any improvement. I won't buy this product again, and would not recommend it.

on 4/2/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I'm not sure if this did anything for me. My hyperpigmentation spots faded from my face and chest while I was using this, but they continued to fade after I was all out. (I think it was the Equate Proactive dupe toner from Walmart) On the other hand, it didn't make my skin worse. Even so, I will not repurchase.

Popular Treatments (Face)