November 28, 2014 | 1949 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 8:14:00 AM More reviews by alessiapasquali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first came across Dior addict when it was first released and I was around 13(far too young to pull off such a womanly scent!) and loved it, however being so young I moved on to other fragrances very quickly. It was only until i decided to take another smell of it many years later in Galleries Lafayette in Paris that I fell madly, truly and deeply in love with it(this was 4 years ago now so i have definately converted to a one perfume woman having always tired of perfumes after a while). It really is the most beautiful scent, with oriental orange blossom notes and a feminine vanilla undertone. It's a very difficult smell to be able to describe in writing so I urge all ladies to try it on when you are next passing a Dior counter. Its a very sexy, confident and feminine smell and I only wear it at night as it is a dark, sensual fragrance and i am not kidding when i say this MEN LOVE IT!!! I have never seen men react to perfume in this way it is a total man magnet as it is so sexy. I refuse to wear any other perfume on a night out! It is a strong fragrance so you don't need alot and it lasts all day(and night) so in that way, even though its expensive (come on you have to pay big for Dior!) it does last a long time. The deep blue bottle really reflects the mood of the perfume, dark and sensual. you can also lock the nozzle by twisting it which is great so you wont have any "lid came of in my bag/leakage" drama.
Sorry to have written such a long essay about this pefume but i have such a love affair with it that i couldn't help it! Be bold and brave women and wear this remarkable perfume with pride, you will not regret it and I guarantee you will always recieve compliments when wearing it! Dior Addict till the end!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is one of my favorite fragrances ever, and definitely one of Dior's best. I like this original version the best. It is spicy and sweet, and very sexy. It very potent, so use sparingly. It dries down to a beautiful scent, and has some interesting notes. There are 4 different versions of Dior Addict, but this to me is the best one, the rest are quite tame and more floral. This has a floral heart but it has a strong vanilla scent to it. I love love love this one. Hope they never discontinue it! Very sensual.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by tecumsum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! This fragrance is hard to describe. I love it. It smells unlike anything that I have ever smelled. Not girly, but hard-core, down-right sexy and raunchy woman smell. I feel like a sexpot whenever I wear this. I've never worn it in the summer because it is strong. For some reason, I tend to gravitate towards heavy scents. This is definitely an attention-getter and a man magnet. The drydown is fascinating and captivating. Excellent sillage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Holmes7575

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wore this when it first came out... and loved it and for some reason over the years I forgot about it, and then I was trying to remember all the great perfumes Ive worn
And the ones that Men like and Dior Addict came to mind... oh how I could forget that winter it was a Wicked winter and I was wickedly sexy that winter... I had more men than I could handle. Kidding but it is a great smell rich, lush sweet, and spicy all at the same time... I thought Thierry Mugler Alien was my new HG for fall/winter but now I am back to an old friend... YEAH! Ladies it is worth a try. Works with my body chemistry that is very acidic... Great smelling man magnet sexy perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by kristinb64

This perfume is amazing. I went to Sephora to try it based on the great reviews. I knew I had to have it after one sniff! There is definitely vanilla in there, but I get more of a soft, sweet, powdery smell than anything else. It is SO classy and sophisticated. I've been wearing it to work for only an hour (just bought it today) and I've already gotten 3 compliments! This may just be my new signature. If you're looking for an elegant, classy, beautiful perfume... DEFINITELY give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by russetandvermilion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, i am so in love with Dior Addict!! I love that it smells expensive on and I love the smell of it on myself and others! It is not cloying or overpowering in any way. It has vanilla in it! The middle is called "Queen of the Night". That pretty much sums up how cool this fragrance is. Rich and delicious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the closest Ill have to a signature scent, as I serially rotate fragrances as often as most people change clothes. However Ive loved, and frequently worn, Dior Addict for about 7 years, definitely making it one of the scents Ive stuck with the longest. I discovered it in the slightly stalker way I fall in love with all perfumes by catching the sillage in the air wafting off of another woman walking by, then chasing her down and begging her to tell me what shes wearing. Interestingly, I empathize with those who absolutely hate this when I visited a department store counter to sample this on my wrists, smelling it straight out of the bottle I was certain it could NOT be the same perfume I had run down a few days before it was cloying and suffocating, overly perfumy and headache inducing I drove home disappointed. However, Im glad I didnt scrub my wrists because after an hour had passed, it developed into something truly addicting. The top floral notes (which are what I believe offend so many people they come shrieking out of the bottle) dry down into comforting spicy, ambery woods and a smoky rich vanilla the transformation on my skin is really remarkable. This must be applied with a light hand I spray it in the air and walk through the mist once it has dissipated a bit and I still smell it the next morning it definitely has the greatest staying power of any perfume Ive ever tried. This is definitely a love it or hate it scent due to its power, and Id avoid wearing it if I worked in an office setting. Men love it, and Ive also been stalked on the street, out at night etc. multiple, multiple times. If you can get through the first 30 minutes, which smell pretty trashy, youll be rewarded with a pretty lovely, cozy vanilla that will have you compulsively sniffing your wrists all day.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by CarrieNations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The best smell on the planet. I first caught a whiff of this on the neck of a girl friend. Tracked it down immediately and became "addicted," as it were.

I think this is one of those "power" fragrances that takes a certain amount of courage or confidence to pull off. It's not for the faint of nose, or wearer. It's sweet and spicy, seductive and snuggly. They say it's a winter scent, but I went ahead and made it my signature scent and have been wearing it year-round for over two years now. It gets lots of compliments and truly does drive men wild. Never have I seen such a reaction.

In addition to all of this, the deep-blue and gold packaging is just gorgeous. The scent itself--lots of vanilla and earthy spices and a hint of floral--lasts all day. It's the only perfume I've ever worn that I can put on at 8am and still smell on my wrists at 8pm. The evolution of the tones throughout the day is fascinating; I think my body warms it up and creates the best fragrance after about 3-4 hours of wear. As I drive home from work, I compulsively sniff my wrists and get the most beautiful, natural vanilla.

With the exception of the high price, I can't say a single negative thing about Dior Addict. HG. Love at first smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by theoneandonlyfraggle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If someone offered me a million bucks to wear this for a day, I would refuse.

There are not many fragrances that repel me to such a degree that I want to gag. I had read so many promising reviews and two seconds after spraying this on my wrist I immediately knew this was a terrible mistake. Within minutes a migraine hit me hard and lasted for two long days.

It reminded me of Joop, with that same plastic, cloying, energy zapping, soul sucking poison that only Cruella would wear. I just don't get it, it smells so offensive. For example Poison or Angel might be offensive, but mainly because they are very strong. Addict smells ugly. There is nothing gorgeous or beautiful about it.

It reminds me of a damaged middle aged woman who has gone out drinking the night before, she stumbles home in the early hours of morning stinking of booze and cigarettes. She hasn't washed for days. Red lipstick is smeared on her lips. This would be her fragrance. I can feel a migraine coming on just thinking about it. The mere thought makes my eyes water as I feel my gag reflex start to quiver. It is so intoxicating in the literal sense that I find myself begging for death to offer me sweet relief. I want to cry.

I am sorry to all you lovely ladies out there who love this, for I too I wanted to love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Prettynotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I still remember the first day I discovered this perfume...walking by the makeup counters at Sears, heading towards the juniors section...and then, I got a whiff of heaven...I turned around,looking for the source of this exquisite scent, and saw one of the perfume girls holding the blue bottle and handing out samples. I got closer, confirming that this was indeed where the scent was coming from, and the rest is history. This has been my signature scent for almost ten years! It's not fruity, it's not flowery...it's sweet but not the kind of sickening sweet you find now (mostly on celebrity perfumes). It's a cloud of musky sweetness that dries to a sweet and unique fragrance that lasts ALL DAY LONG. Still haven't found anything that will make me stop using this, I love it!