November 27, 2014 | 1491 users online

Fragrances - Thierry Mugler - Angel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate this fragrance, for all the reasons others here have described including its massive migraine-inducing power. I've also always been dismayed by the mismatch between the packaging/name and the actual juice - angels, stars, and light blue bring to mind light florals, something powdery, maybe aquatic, overall an ethereal effect, not an effect of a dorm bathroom before a big night out where all the drunk girls have over-sprayed their "sexiest" perfumes.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 7:24:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

A disgustingly overpriced fragrance. Ugh. Whoever curates the houses fragrances really needs to stop, flip it and reverse it because these notes are crazy. Cotton candy? Coconut? Peach? Chocolate? Caramel? Need I say more. It would be alright if they worked together but they don't. There is something very sparse, very disconnected that just doesn't work. It is sweet but woody, spicy yet grassy, and has some floral notes chucked in for good measure. Save your money and go to a $2 shop, i'm sure they'll have something that smells bearable for a hundredth of the price.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

AWFUL. I had a sample that I spritzed on my wrist. It smelled so obnoxious and gross that I spent five minutes scrubbing that wrist raw to get the smell off. Stay away from this scent!

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first saw this perfume, I fell in love with the bottle. And that was the only reason I wanted it. I read on the Thierry Mugler website the description about the fragrance and it sounded good. I'm alway reluctant to order perfume online. And I'm glad I waited. I received a sample of Angel from Macy's. It was awful! I couldn't stand to be near it. Too strong of a smell for me. Way too overpowering as well.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by moonbeam11

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Worst scent ever. Seriously nasty. It's incredibly overpowering and obnoxiously stinky. The odor made me nauseated and it was very difficult to wash it away. Even after showering and scrubbing with soap and a loofah, I could still smell the stink on my wrist. I'm shocked that some people actually like this hot mess.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by rosagarcia163

Dissgusting. This is probably the worst perfume on the market. One thing I absolutly hate about perfumes in when they smell masculine, and this perfume deffinitly fits masculine. It smells over powering, strange-not in a good way- and you cant get it off your skin.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by sillage

When Angel first came out, I thought it was the most *gorgeous* perfume ever created, and I was madly in love with it -- and I sang its praises to anyone who would listen. Swoon-worthy. It never occurred to me that everybody in the universe wouldn't be madly in love with it too. How could anybody not LOVE Angel to pieces as I did?

Unfortunately, I started reading negative reviews about Angel online, and they somewhat ruined it for me. I was shocked and disappointed to read the criticisms. In spite of naysayers however, Angel has been a huge success -- a gamechanger -- a trendsetter -- and continues to be a best-seller. We fans apparently outweighed the haters.

I still love Angel, and I'm working to finish my original star so I can get a fresh refill -- but I'll never love it as wildly as I did before I started seeing it ripped to shreds in reviews. But these reviews also pointed out a couple things about Angel that my own nose hadn't really noticed.

I began to notice for myself a note that others mentioned -- that *pine, evergreen, menthol-ish* note. I started to pick up on that, and it does bother me, but not really in the EDP -- however *definitely* in the comet-shaped EDT, where it's much more prominent, to my nose.

And the strength of Angel is now more noticeable to me too. I find it difficult to spray only a drop -- and only a drop seems to be advisable, as Angel is rather powerful.

I still love the original Angel EDP but *not* the comet-shaped bottle EDT version. I think it's too "pine-ish" and not gourmand enough, missing too many of the delicious basenotes of the original perfectly blended formula.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by NeonBiitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

*FRESH* patchouli, LOVE THIS!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

No thanks. This is absolutely disgusting. It smells like incense, BAD ones, and kinda like my mom & dads duffel bags they would bring home from deployments, and shoe polish now that I think of it. Thank goodness i only have free samples, and no one hated me enough to give this as a gift.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Im on my second bottle of it. The first one smells gorgeous, would say its my all time favourite. Used it up recently and bought a second bottle. I notice with this bottle, the fragrance looks a darker blue, and smells different than before. I bought the same, eau de parfum, last time i got 25ml, this time 50ml. I dont know what it is, but its just not the same :(

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No