MAC Matte - Plumage

4.3

on 11/21/2007 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this color! I bought it because it was pretty in the pan. The MA suggested to pair it up with greens or blues, but I told her I didn't have any greens or blues. She showed me it worked beautifully with woodwinked, sable, satin taupe, all that glitters, and honesty (i know i am a neutral gal). I love to use plumage with this colors to give me a nice smokey look.

I gave it a 4 because i need to work/blend it well. yay for 217 and 224!

Price: MAC needs to stop raising their prices! I remember when i first bought my first propan e/s it was 8.50, now it is 10.50.

on 10/24/2007 3:45:00 PM

For my very first MAC make-over the MA used plumage as a liner and I have loved it ever since. It is dark enough that it is almost black against my blye eyes.

on 10/19/2007 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This may possibly be my favorite es! One day I was browsing a magazine and saw a model w/ the most beautiful smokey teal es, and it set me out on a hunt for a similar shade. That day, I ended up dropping a chunk of cash on a couple es to create a smokey teal shade. Then, a few weeks later, I stopped by a Mac counter and happened upon Plumage. It is EXACTLY the shade I was search high and low for, doh! Anyway, I love to use it as a liner and to do smokey eyes. I love the idea of taking regular colors and adding a smokey element to them. It's so much more interesting than the usual black or gray, as other reviewers have mentioned. Mac shadows are a bit pricey, but they're longlasting and well-worth the cost!

on 5/30/2007 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I can make Plumage work as an alternative to black or grey for a smokey eye, but I have plenty of smokey eye alternatives. I wanted this shade because of the way it looked. I bought this shade against any common sense: an MA had tried it out on me in a store, but I hated it (I think I'm NC-25). Still, I loved the color it was in the pot. After getting it in swap, I spent some time unsuccessfully trying to pack on the color, and layering it on various bases. Finally, I put it over Sea Me shadestick and it worked! It is as vibrant (and maybe a tad more, because of the added shimmer) and thoroughly gorgeous. I'm very glad I didn't give up on this one.

on 5/7/2007 5:06:00 PM

Amazing - looks so good as a liner with LM platinum metallic creme eyeshadow - I am blonde with blue gray eyes and it looks great for day or night - every season. I have been very happy with this color and it lasts forever!

on 3/27/2007 4:43:00 AM

My collection of eyeshadows cannot ever be without Plumage. I've been using it for a few years now, and it remains one of my treasured staples. It is a gorgeous dark/matte blue-green shade, and looks gorgeous paired with other green tones (ie. Steamy, Shimmermoss, Aquadisiac, and especially matte limey greens). Great quality, nice texture, affordable, and a small amount goes a long way.

on 2/27/2007 11:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This eyeshadow was nothing spectacular in my opinion, despite the reviews to the contrary. It shows up as a murky shade of black on my lids. The beautiful blue-green-black color in the pan does not translate onto my skin, and it just appears to be another inky smokey eye look. I already have a black e/s for that, so I won't be needing Plumage which is too similar. I'm NC30, brown eyes. I intend on returning and would not repurchase.

on 2/21/2007 6:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Been a fan for so long of this e/s and only now am i reviewing on it. It is my favourite e/s for smokey eye i must say, love to pair it w/ bronzey shades like the one on the pic but love it also with Steamy; great for crease but works wonders as shadow liner as well. Regarding color i really don't know how to describe it, but as it is really dark and it isn't easy to blend, a light hand is needed.
Better for brown eyes and brunettes.
A minus however is you'll NEED a eye primer otherwise it'll totally wear off specially if you're oily.

continued >>

on 1/29/2007 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Such a beautiful, dusty dark blue/green! Makes a great crease color for shades like Aquadisiac and a wonderful liner for those black is too harsh on.

on 1/12/2007 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Plumage makes for an amazing crease color. I wont go describing the color, b/c everyone else has...but I really think any brown eyed gal should pick this up...it really makes for a sexy smoky eye look, and looks great paired with a variety of shades. another plus is that it is not as hard to work with was carbon, which can be a bit chalky at times. I find the texture of plumage to be way easier to work with, but it needs to be used with a light hand. It is very easy to build to the intensity you prefer. I'm so glad my favorite MA intro'd me to this color, it is great with my ggg skin and dark brown eyes.