December 19, 2014 | 1478 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by saasland

As a sales associate at LUSH, I can speak for most of the employees when I say that this is a cleanser we cannot live without. It's great for any skin type, but will help brighten and cure congested skin. It's the only product I've been able to find that actually fights blackheads, so I am eternally grateful! The smell is intoxicating (literally, there's lime-infused vodka for toning and clarifying) and it leaves your skin feeling fresh and super soft!

Those of you that say it's too rough: make sure it's stirred! We usually offer to stir it in store for you, but if you didn't get it stirred or it came in a gift set, you need to stir it before using it! The coarse sea salt sits on top and will definitely be way too abrasive on your face. Once stirred, the scrub is the perfect consistency as it has scrubby salt and coconut oil and avocado to moisturize.

I typically use it 2 or 3 times a week, but listen to your face and use it only when needed!

I hope this is helpful!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Lisa86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love. This scrub has completely changed my skin. I have combination/oily skin and I typically use Philosophy's Microdelivery exofoliating wash, and I would have to say that this tops it.

The smell is fantastic, reminds me of a margarita (similar scent as Philosophy's Senorita Margarita Salt Scrub). I've read in other reviews that people have found the salt to be to chunky or abrasive. I've found that if I make sure my face is wet thoroughly and that I break it down a bit in my hands first it feels a lot nicer on my skin.

This will definitely be something I repurchase for years to come.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Lumilintu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The negative: The salt chunks are too rough for my face, but I like them a lot for exfoliating my hands. I take one lippy away for it being just too brutal of a scrub that way.

Now the good: Wonderful scent. I absolutely love how this stuff smells. I love how fresh my face feels after when I do use it there (I apply it very, very gently). I love the effect this has on my skin. While that sounds generic, I find it hard to put into words what I love about the textures (other than the big sharp salt) beyond "I love it".

I spin yarn, and when you spin silk, you need to exfoliate your hands or bits of dry skin that you don't even know exist will cause the silk to catch and snag. There is NOTHING I've found like Ocean Salt to exfoliate my hands. I can handle piles of silk fiber like crazy after a scrub with this and a moisturise. And the smell just makes me happy.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by avisonaboire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've refilled this only once (The expiry is like 10 months or a year or something?) and you don't need a lot! I had this sitting in my bathroom for about 7 months (was a christmas gift) before I decided to use it. I was scared on using it on my face cause it contains vodka, and when I drink Vodka I always get extremely sick. So I was hesitant. After stress from Nursing School took its toll on my complexion, I was ready to try anything.

SO GLAD I USED THIS!

I use it ONLY at night, and lately I've been using it EVERY night. I notice a decrease in redness of my blemishes almost immediately and I had horrible blackheads and little skin colored bumps on my face. After a week, I found that there literally wasn't anymore skin colored bumps for me to pick at (I pick obsessively) and I've been trying to get rid of those skin colored bumps since I was 13 (I'm 20 now) My complexion is clearing up significantly, and is amazingly soft and glowing! I love this stuff and will repurchase! I hear amazing things about the Mask of Magamenty too so I am going to try the two products together and see the results.

Not in love with the pot it comes in... but I cant think of a better way to package ocean sea salt.. soo.. No complaints there really.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Slcatlow

Hmm well this is a tricky one. I love the smell and I love the salt in this it's great for when my skin feels oily and needs freshening up! But on the down side. The salt is unfortunately too harsh and I found mine to have large crystals which on my first use did actually leave one scratch on my face. Didn't show much but the salt sure made it sting! It's a good face scrub if your face can handle this harsh but good scrub.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by shoegal2122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE! I am always on the hunt for facial scrubs and this is HG for me. It has the consistency of margarita salt and smells of citrus. This works wonders for my acne prone skin. Definitely a summertime staple in my shower. My skin feels so soft after I use this and skin tone has drastically improved. It is very abrasive so use with caution.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:10:00 PM More reviews by savannahxoh

The first couple times I used this, I thought I had fell in love. After using St Ives (which is hell for your skin) for years and years and my skin looking flawless, I thought I had found my new facial scrub, which wouldn't damage my skin! Sea salt is a natural exfoliant, so it doesn't leave microscopic scarring, and it starts to dissolve on contact with your skin so you cannot over exfoliate.

BUT. DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR FACE. AFTER YEARS OF CLEAR SKIN WITH ST IVES, THIS FACE SCRUB BROKE ME OUT ALL OVER MY ENTIRE FACE.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by saynotococo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this for body and face. For body, i use this 3 times a week (sometimes more when my skin is very dry and dull), and every time it always gives me a super smooth skin. The scrub is the perfect consistency for me, i like how it forms a paste coz it gives you a pleasant feeling when scrubbing against your skin. This is by far the best body scrub I've found so far (and believe me, I've tried a lot). The only reason I didn't give a 5 lippie is becoz of the price (overpriced).
For face, I use this sparingly, as a lil pick me up for when my complexion feels dull and disgusting. And it does works wonders. Skin feels smooth and glowy.
Use it too often, and it'll give the opposite result. I think it's becoz the salt is too abrasive to the skin.
I would def buy this again, but only as a facial scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

nice smell. cleans face. isnt too hard. packaging is not ideal for the shower. i hate the big salt pieces. it is useless. just falls straight off your face. wouldnt buy it again just because i think it is over priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by JayFab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Large pores? Dull complexion? Not anymore!!! My skin would be so grainy and dull. Literally looked lifeless, and my pore were huge! I use this daily and my skin glows, and is so soft and radiant! My pores are cleared and tightened! I follow this with the grease lightning cleanser and then a moisturizer and my skin is flawless all day! At night I use glow pads from bare minerals