July 23, 2014 | 2030 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Ocean Salt

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I am on my second large pot of this, and this is the third time that I have purchased Ocean Salt. This is one of my all time favorite products from LUSH and as long as it is being made, and as long as I continue to use it and run out, I will repurchase.

I adore everything about this scrub. The smell is heavenly. The color is beautiful. I use it as a body scrub every other time that I am in the shower (because I like to use Buffy occasionally and recently bought Rub Rub Rub and Turkish Delight to try out) and I swear that my skin has never been so soft. This scrub is not harsh in the least bit, in fact, I find the exfoliating particles to be perfect and rather soothing. Compared to Rub Rub Rub (which smells like laundry detergent and is really runny) Ocean Salt takes the cake. I also use it on my face while I am in the shower during the day since I typically exfoliate using Philosophy's Microdelivery Wash at night twice a week (once I run out of this, I will not repurchase since I like the results and feel of Ocean Salt more so I'm just trying to use this huge bottle up now)

For the price (35.95 USD for the large 8.8 ouncfe pot), this is not that expensive for being a multi-purpose scrub that lasts quite a while since you do not need to use that much to get a great scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay, I've been hooked on Philosophy's MicroDelivery Peel for years.It's pricey but I liked it. I tried a salt scrub years and years ago but it burned my face and I never looked back. I read the reviews on this, I hesitated because it is a salt scrub and I have sensitive skin. I bought it anyway and so glad I did. I was worried when I read the description online because it does have both large and small salt crystals. I thought the large ones would tear through my skin. It does not. It is actually less abrading than what i had been using yet exfoliates so much better. It's not drying at all, it's not harsh, it didn't irritate my skin and the price compared to what I had been paying? Ounce for ounce....this is so, so inexpensive compared to what I was using and you need less product!. LOVE IT and the price is fantastic!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 2:00:00 PM More reviews by cah123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE! I bought this as soon as I got back from the beach and realised the sea had almost completely dried up my spots. I use this every night as a makeup remover and it removes it better than oil cleansers I've used in the past. It has got chunky pieces of salt but as long as you don't proper mash it in to your face it works perfectly! My skin is the smoothest its ever been and I haven't found it at all drying. I have acne-prone skin and its helped keep spots at bay, while still being gentle on remaining ones (I haven't found it stings like other have).
Just go gentle with it and I guarantee you will love this beachy treat!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 6:01:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can only comment on this as far as a body exfoliator because there was no way this was going on my face. I have sensitive skin and I just couldn't use this because I could feel it stinging by just looking at it. That said, as a body exfoliator, this is heavenly. It smells like a summer beach cocktail. I was a little confused when I opened it up to find really coarse salt on top and then moisturising goodness at the bottom, but it obviously needs a little stir and you're good to go. I would buy this again but it's reasonably pricey and more of a summer purchase for me, so I will look at it down the track - not an immediate repurchase for me. Smells great, does the job on the body and if you can use it on your face I'd call it a bargain!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by aed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this (along with the LUSH Cupcake Mask), and I'm a huge fan. I found after use it clears up any minor blemishes and leaves me with a dewy look. Plus, it smells like the beach. Which is a huge bonus.

I would recommend this to anyone with combo/oily skin in a heartbeat.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Lorysreview

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is too harsh and drying for the face. My friend has oily skin acne-prone, and it made her break out more. I have dry skin and it dried like hell. I ended up using it as a body exfoliant in the shower, every once in a while. I dont think vodka which is an ingredient in it, should be put on the skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by ChrissyD1985

I went into lush looking for a sugar scrub but their sugar scrub smells awful so the sales girl showed me this. I really enjoyed the smell and when she said it could be used for your face my eyes lit up. I've been looking for a good facial exfoliator plus my skin has been breaking out lately so I was desperate for anything that would help. she demonstrated it to me on my arm and I really liked it but told her I would buy it mainly for my face and I was hesitant to buy it because my skin is sensitive (and this stuff isn't cheap!) she gave me a sample so I could try it at home. I just tried it tonight and wow, what a difference right away! Immediately you can tell that my skin is much smoother and softer plus it leaves you with this wonderful glow. And I only used a tiny bit, a little goes a long way with this stuff. I'm definitely going back and buying the full size and plan to only use it only on my face. I feel like for your body it's too expensive and you would go through it too fast when you can just make a homemade one for super cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Pumpk1npie

I read tons of reviews about this before getting it, and not one was negative so I thought why not? And they definitely all spoke the truth!!! I found this to be a great exfoliant, the salt granules really do the trick! It smells divine, I wouldn't describe it as a seaside smell like lush do, more like lemon and lime but amazing all the same. My one complaint is that when in the shower with soaking wet hands, I struggle to open the lid, and scooping it out can be a challenge too!!! Overall, however, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by beautygirl23

I received this as a sample cause I had a hand treatment done with this and ro' s argan. I used it for my face and I love the afterglow. It was that time of month and a huge painful hormonal zit was popping up and after a few days of scrubbing my face twice daily with it it is starting to shrink. A lifesaver if you have a hot date the next week ;)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Another product I really wanted to like. Smells super fresh and clean, but I feel it's a bit too creamy to be that great of a scrub. I used it on my body and found that it didn't do that great of a job...my homemade grapeseed & sugar scrub works much better than this stuff I found. So I started using it for my face and now I'm in the middle of one of the worst breakouts I've had in months! I got this in my beach box so it was just a small sampling, but I won't be buying this sad to say.