Origins Ginger Essence

4.1

on 7/12/2007 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I will always have this ! A very uplifting scent. I wear this year round. I pair this with the "ginger rush" body cream. I think they only sell this body cream during the holidays. Its heaven in a bottle. Keeps my winter skin soft.

on 7/5/2007 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this fragrance - I love that it's very clean smelling and different to the usual ones I wear. I find it uplifiting, it always puts me in a happy mood.

on 7/4/2007 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have bought this time & time again. I love the scent & get huge compliments on my pleasant smell. Strangers actually bring it up in supermarket lines. I've tried all sorts of the Origins Ginger products & have mixed feelings about some of them, but I love, love, LOVE this perfume. It is very reasonably priced & I will definitely buy again.

on 7/2/2007 1:51:00 PM

I use the Origins Ginger Essence Intensified Fragrance Rollerball. I have adored the smell of all the Origins ginger products, and this is a new product that I recently purchased (mainly because the Origins salesperson twisted my arm). I was buying a face product from a different ingredient line when I went over to indulge in the smell of the ginger products. She told me about the roll-on and I thought it would be perfect for summer.

The smell is very refreshing with a bit of lime and bergamot. It's sweet without being cloying, refreshing without being antiseptic, universally pleasing without being "unisex." It's just what I crave in the summer when I no longer want a heady floral from spring and am not ready for a heavier vanilla or spice-infused fall-winter fragrance. At the same time, I don't want a super-fruity or too-beachy summer fragrance either. This is the perfect grown-up summer smell, and you can't go wrong with ginger, lime, and bergamot notes. I think it could work fine in the spring or fall too, it's just that I picked it up in the summer and thought it was perfect for this seaso.

I find that it "carries" nicely without overpowering, and it is a stress-relieving smell. It rolls on very easily and just one application on the wrists lasts most of the day. You can also roll it onto other areas, wherever your pulse points are. I have irritable sensitive skin, but this roll-on doesn't seem to irritate it.The package is small enough to carry in your purse -- even your wristlet -- so you can reapply if necessary. At $12.50, it won't break your bank. I will rebuy, though I think it will last for plenty of time before I have to.

on 6/30/2007 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ginger Essence is a very lovely scent. It has a sweet,lemon,clean quality. The ginger blends nicely as well. I like it especially for spring and summer. I feel that Ginger Essence is seasonally best in warm weather. It is not heavy or strong in any way but still very feminine. This was a really nice surprise because i purchased it without trying it first. I will continue to buy this.

on 6/12/2007 10:54:00 PM

nice, relaxing scent when first applied, however, i don't like how it smells like on me an hour or so after applying, so i returned it :(

on 5/16/2007 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this scent a lot. it has this interesting mix of ginger warmth and refreshing citrus that creates a nice contrast that compliments one another at the same time. It is a nice fragrance to use if you want a break from regular floral or oriental perfumes.

on 5/14/2007 12:23:00 AM

I love light, clean scents and tend to steer clear of "aromatherapy" notes, but the Ginger Essence has become a favorite! It's clean, crisp, a wake-me-up but calm-me-down kind of scent. The strongest notes are Lemon and Ginger, with a dash of Bergamot that adds the perfect amount of spice. Really beautiful, I highly recommend!

on 4/30/2007 11:25:00 AM

This zesty concoction will satisfy your thirst for a refreshing cup of ginger and lemon tea, sweetened with honey!
It is as simple as that fresh, balsamic citrus notes of lemon and a hint of lime, the fresh and pungent yet warm spiciness of ginger sweetened with honey and sparkled with green tea undertones. There may be some trace amounts of vetiver and elemi there is a hint of woodiness at the base, but overall this is a one-dimensional synergy with one aroma therapeutic goal: to refresh you while keeping you calm and confident.
It is quite long lasting as well a lot more than you would expect from such a fresh citrus perfume.
It smells very natural and young: no synthetic chemical notes disturbed my enjoyment of this uplifting juice!
If you like ginger and citrus and need a pick-me-up fragrance for those sleepy afternoon at the office that would be a great choice.

on 4/29/2007 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Nice stuff, but too obvious by far-- SCREAMS Origins ginger line in a crowded room, not a good thing. IMO, the combination of scrub and cream are all you need, and for some reason the cream has incredible depth on skin when it warms that the fragrance never gets. Skip the perfume, use the spreadable scrub and the lovely melty cream!

Popular Fragrances