August 1, 2014 | 1160 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Marjut777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have fine hair although there's lots of it. However, my problem really is the front, where I have these sort of wannabe curls that only exist in that area while the rest of my hair is straight. And since my hair so fine these wannabe curls tend to look really out of control compared to rest of my hair. I also don't like to use time styling my hair, so I put my hopes to my conditioner.

I haven't tried any other Dove conditioner and only tried this one based on the reviews here. I have now used about a bottle and it seems to be a decent conditioner. It doesn't really add any shine that I notice but it has this smoothing effect. Not perfect, no, but the difference between this one and something that doesn't suit my hair is remarkable.

One thing I'd like to note is that I think this conditioner really works the best with its shampoo counterpart. For the price it's a really good combo.

Some people have told that the conditioner caused them breakouts. I have the exact opposite experience. While no miracle maker to my hair, my acne prone back has cleared up while I've used this Dove combo. I don't know why since there shouldn't be anything good in those silicone bombs but whatever, if my back likes them so be it. For the first time in years I'll be actually buyng the same products for the second time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by makiyazh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really love this conditioner. It makes my hair so soft. I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by babylove2

Love this conditioner!! It is the only conditioner I've ever used that produces consistant results. I can really feel a difference in my hair as soon as I'm rinsing this out... So smooth and tangle-free! I have already repurchased several times, and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 8:49:00 AM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow, this conditioner is amazing for dry and unruly hair. I bleached the hell out of my hair 2 months ago to remove Black hair dye and my hair was a wreck. I tried all the expensive Salon brands trying to get the soft and silky hair back. I was about to give up and just wait for my Damaged hair to grow out. Had a Coupon for this and bought this and the Leave in Cream. Wow, Wow, Wow. My Hair Felt so so soft and much less frizzy after one use. After 5 Days, My hair feels like my normal Pre-bleached self. I've never been impressed with Dove's Hair care line but the Nourishing oil line is the best drugstore hair care I've ever bought. After using just the two products, I went and got the Shampoo and love that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 3:48:00 AM More reviews by alisatakahashi

OHMYGOSH. HOLY GRAIL CONDITIONER. it makes my hair SO SOFT.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by pkha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wash my hair at night, so after a warm shower, my hair gets a bit frizzy by bedtime. This product works wonders for my hair, in the morning, My hair feels light and bouncy, not to mention soft. I would definitely recommend this conditioner for those whose hair undergoes lots of stress during the day, whether it be sun-damage, chemical- or heat-damage from styling products. I can't really think up a cons list for this conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Not loving this at all. It just leaves my hair fly away and too soft, but no moisture...just that coated feeling. I have very, very fine wavy hair and this just sucked all the waves out and left me with a poofy fly away mess. Ugh, I so wanted to love this.

6 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by nmaas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love this conditioner. I have thin hair but a lot of it and it is very dry and brittle at the last 5 inches of my hair because of a bleach job I did a year ago that is growing out. My hair feels moisturized and soft after my shower. It also smells awesome, like fresh and clean. I alternate this between 2 other conditioners so my hair won't get used to one conditioner but I find myself using this one more because I love it so much. It is also cheap which is a major plus for me! You need to at least try this once. For people with fine hair, do not put it on your roots at all because I can see how it could make hair greasy, but just put it on the hair from the tops of your ears to the ends, concentrating more on the ends. Also a tip I suggest is squeezing all water from your hair before conditioning because it soaks it up better and doesn't drip off your hair :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Fashionopolist

I bought this because of the good reviews on MUA. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's one of the best deep conditioning "cheap" conditioners on the market.

Please understand, this is a very heavy conditioner. If you have thin or oily hair, you will not like it. My hair is VERY thick and highlighted so it's always dry. I love the heaviness of this conditioner because my hair needs to be weighted down. That said, I can't use this conditioner every day, because it's too heavy for even my crazy dry hair. I use it twice a week for a deeper condition. I'm very pleased with it and you can't beat the price!

I just started using it--so I can't tell for sure yet, but I have a feeling that this stuff will build up residue in your hair if you use it too often. I plan to use clarifying shampoo once a week while using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW - this is the 1st time in 30 years I love a Drug Store Conditioner! All this time I've been using Kerastase Masques, Bumble & Bumble Super Rich, Alterna, Living Proof, Joico, Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm (Dove left my hair softer & fuller, not as limp as w/ Biolage), Redken All Soft (Dove left my hair softer, shinier, fuller w/o the film-y feeling as All Soft), etc. I can't believe a conditioner that costs $3.49 for 12 oz is outperforming $50+ masques & $30 conditioners! I've been trying the highly rated drug store favorites off & on for 30 years only to be disappointed (other Dove conditioners, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Masque DID NOTHING for my hair except to leave it limp/stringy w/ no moisture!, others like Pantene, L'oreal left a film).

MY HAIR: stick STRAIGHT, FINE, thin (but a lot of it), silky Korean hair (I do not need "frizz control"), SLIGHTLY OILY scalp, long (3" past my shoulders), dry ends - this conditioner does WONDERS for me. This leaves my hair soft, SHINY, conditioned yet my hair still has BODY, good movement/swing when I walk and is NOT left FLAT/limp (cond. never feels "heavy"). As others wrote, this cond. makes my hair simply perfect. I am a stickler for the longer parts of my hair to feel conditioned, perfect & this cond. DELIVERS (other drug store cond. failed miserably here). Before this, my favorite was Bumble & Bumble Super Rich Conditioner ($23+tax for 8 oz). I'd bring the B&B in a plain container for my haircuts and the hair stylist who ONLY used Kerastase was impressed how it made my hair so perfect & shiny. When I brought the Dove (in a plain container), this Kerastase obsessed stylist was even more impressed w/ my hair after blow drying than when I brought the Bumble & Bumble Super Rich!

I am 46 & my hair used to be insanely shiny silky w/ other Koreans asking if I was regularly getting "shine treatments" @ the salon (nope, genetics thanks to parents). However due to stress in the past 3 years, my hair has taken a beating & I am more sensitive to dulling films or coatings in my hair/scalp from shampoos/conditioners as I have aged (Cindy Crawford mentions this all the time; aging hair). To cope w/ the stress, I have been working out 7 days a week, 2x a day which is great for my mind/body but not good for my hair (tight ponytail, sweat affecting scalp & hair). This Dove Cond. (from my ears down) & my Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Cond. (from my scalp to my ears) has given me back the hair I remembered (mirror like shine, body, moving/swinging like a commercial when I walk) & my friends have noticed too (w/o me saying a word to them)!

Only issues re: potential acne on the neck, back b/c of the mineral oil content (I'm not thrilled w/ this either), I simply clip my hair in a bun back w/ a comb or hair clip after putting in the conditioner & go on, wash my body, etc. As for potential build-up (most likely for any conditioner to do unless you use non-sulfate & non-paraben conditioners), I use a clarifying shampoo every week to ensure my hair can perform at its peak w/ this wonderful conditioner. I also use a non-sulfate conditioner from my scalp to my ears (Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle Cond. is AMAZING & only $3.99 for 16 oz, see my review for this) & then use the Dove from my ears down to the rest of my hair length.

I also bought the Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner (in the tube, $4.49 for 8 oz ) - although it doesn't have the greatest ratings, I like it as a 1x week deeper treatment (although the tube says "Daily". It doesn't leave my hair as full w/ body as the Daily Cond. does but I can feel a difference (deeper conditioning) after using the stronger Dove Treatment. Still I love the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Daily Conditioner more. Try both, esp. with these prices! Shoot, I think I need to stock up for the first time in 30 years.

I just tried the Dove Nourishing Oil Shampoo. It left my hair beautifully conditioned, soft & shiny but it is probably too much/ too heavy for my fine, straight hair as my hair is not as full as I prefer. Still thrilled to have the this Dove Conditioner though!

I am 46, have fine, thin (but lots of it) long (5" past shoulders), black, stick straight, silky Korean hair. Slightly oily scalp with dry ends. I use: Kerastase Bain Miroir 1 & 2 Shampoos, Kerastase masques (MasquIntense, UV Defense), Bumble & Bumble (Super Rich), Joico (K-Pak deep conditioners), Redken (Extreme Conditioner).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No