April 19, 2014 | 1936 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Nourishing Oil Care Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:18:00 AM More reviews by nmaas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love love love this conditioner. I have thin hair but a lot of it and it is very dry and brittle at the last 5 inches of my hair because of a bleach job I did a year ago that is growing out. My hair feels moisturized and soft after my shower. It also smells awesome, like fresh and clean. I alternate this between 2 other conditioners so my hair won't get used to one conditioner but I find myself using this one more because I love it so much. It is also cheap which is a major plus for me! You need to at least try this once. For people with fine hair, do not put it on your roots at all because I can see how it could make hair greasy, but just put it on the hair from the tops of your ears to the ends, concentrating more on the ends. Also a tip I suggest is squeezing all water from your hair before conditioning because it soaks it up better and doesn't drip off your hair :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Fashionopolist

I bought this because of the good reviews on MUA. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by it. It's one of the best deep conditioning "cheap" conditioners on the market.

Please understand, this is a very heavy conditioner. If you have thin or oily hair, you will not like it. My hair is VERY thick and highlighted so it's always dry. I love the heaviness of this conditioner because my hair needs to be weighted down. That said, I can't use this conditioner every day, because it's too heavy for even my crazy dry hair. I use it twice a week for a deeper condition. I'm very pleased with it and you can't beat the price!

I just started using it--so I can't tell for sure yet, but I have a feeling that this stuff will build up residue in your hair if you use it too often. I plan to use clarifying shampoo once a week while using this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WOW - this is the 1st time in 30 years I love a Drug Store Conditioner! All this time I've been using Kerastase Masques, Bumble & Bumble Super Rich, Alterna, Living Proof, Joico, Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm (Dove left my hair softer & fuller, not as limp as w/ Biolage), Redken All Soft (Dove left my hair softer, shinier, fuller w/o the film-y feeling as All Soft), etc. I can't believe a conditioner that costs $3.49 for 12 oz is outperforming $50+ masques & $30 conditioners! I've been trying the highly rated drug store favorites off & on for 30 years only to be disappointed (other Dove conditioners, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Masque DID NOTHING for my hair except to leave it limp/stringy w/ no moisture!, others like Pantene, L'oreal left a film).

MY HAIR: stick STRAIGHT, FINE, thin (but a lot of it), silky Korean hair (I do not need "frizz control"), SLIGHTLY OILY scalp, long (3" past my shoulders), dry ends - this conditioner does WONDERS for me. This leaves my hair soft, SHINY, conditioned yet my hair still has BODY, good movement/swing when I walk and is NOT left FLAT/limp (cond. never feels "heavy"). As others wrote, this cond. makes my hair simply perfect. I am a stickler for the longer parts of my hair to feel conditioned, perfect & this cond. DELIVERS (other drug store cond. failed miserably here). Before this, my favorite was Bumble & Bumble Super Rich Conditioner ($23+tax for 8 oz). I'd bring the B&B in a plain container for my haircuts and the hair stylist who ONLY used Kerastase was impressed how it made my hair so perfect & shiny. When I brought the Dove (in a plain container), this Kerastase obsessed stylist was even more impressed w/ my hair after blow drying than when I brought the Bumble & Bumble Super Rich!

I am 46 & my hair used to be insanely shiny silky w/ other Koreans asking if I was regularly getting "shine treatments" @ the salon (nope, genetics thanks to parents). However due to stress in the past 3 years, my hair has taken a beating & I am more sensitive to dulling films or coatings in my hair/scalp from shampoos/conditioners as I have aged (Cindy Crawford mentions this all the time; aging hair). To cope w/ the stress, I have been working out 7 days a week, 2x a day which is great for my mind/body but not good for my hair (tight ponytail, sweat affecting scalp & hair). This Dove Cond. (from my ears down) & my Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Cond. (from my scalp to my ears) has given me back the hair I remembered (mirror like shine, body, moving/swinging like a commercial when I walk) & my friends have noticed too (w/o me saying a word to them)!

Only issues re: potential acne on the neck, back b/c of the mineral oil content (I'm not thrilled w/ this either), I simply clip my hair in a bun back w/ a comb or hair clip after putting in the conditioner & go on, wash my body, etc. As for potential build-up (most likely for any conditioner to do unless you use non-sulfate & non-paraben conditioners), I use a clarifying shampoo every week to ensure my hair can perform at its peak w/ this wonderful conditioner. I also use a non-sulfate conditioner from my scalp to my ears (Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle Cond. is AMAZING & only $3.99 for 16 oz, see my review for this) & then use the Dove from my ears down to the rest of my hair length.

I also bought the Dove Damage Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Daily Treatment Conditioner (in the tube, $4.49 for 8 oz ) - although it doesn't have the greatest ratings, I like it as a 1x week deeper treatment (although the tube says "Daily". It doesn't leave my hair as full w/ body as the Daily Cond. does but I can feel a difference (deeper conditioning) after using the stronger Dove Treatment. Still I love the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Daily Conditioner more. Try both, esp. with these prices! Shoot, I think I need to stock up for the first time in 30 years.

I just tried the Dove Nourishing Oil Shampoo. It left my hair beautifully conditioned, soft & shiny but it is probably too much/ too heavy for my fine, straight hair as my hair is not as full as I prefer. Still thrilled to have the this Dove Conditioner though!

I am 46, have fine, thin (but lots of it) long (5" past shoulders), black, stick straight, silky Korean hair. Slightly oily scalp with dry ends. I use: Kerastase Bain Miroir 1 & 2 Shampoos, Kerastase masques (MasquIntense, UV Defense), Bumble & Bumble (Super Rich), Joico (K-Pak deep conditioners), Redken (Extreme Conditioner).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you haven't tried this yet, you are definitely missing out! my dry, frizz prone fine hair loves this stuff! It's 4 bucks a bottle, and works better than many others I've tried, and I've used all price ranges! Smells light and fresh, works almost instantly to soften and detangle! It's my daily HG! I use their deep nourishing treatment once a week, and it's amazing too! Now, if only they'd come up with a proper deep protein treatment to alternate with, I'd have it all for under 30 bucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by tinythea

This product works very well with my dry hair and it doesn't irritate my face. So, i have well moisturized hair and acne-free face.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by nuyearbabee

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know what it is about this conditioner, but I'm not a fan :( After seeing the great reviews, I ran out and bought it. My hair is highlighted blonde and a little past my shoulders. It's not real damaged, but it is a little dry. No matter how much I use, it just feels heavy, and after I rinse it out, my hair feels "blah". It doesn't feel soft. But I'm happy so many other people like it...I guess my search continues...lol..oh like I'm not a product junkie or something anyways ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This product builds up very fast on my hair and has a lot of silicones. It smells like baby powder and is yellow and thick. It worked on my hair at first and then it started making my hair poofy and less curly and dirty looking. I was not impressed at all. The matching shampoo wasn't any good either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

I am so impressed with this conditioner. i use it everyday with the shampoo and i use the treatment once a week. my hair looks so much healthier. i was using wen and liked how shiny it made my hair but it never felt totally clean. i have thick long slightly wavy layered hair. because of my layers, it tends to look very damaged at the ends, since using this for the past two weeks, my hair falls nicer and looks so shiny. i straightened it the other day and whoa! super shiny. makes it feel clean but moisturized. would totally recommend. also, i have very sensitive skin and break out when i use fragranced hair products and have not broken out with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by 3ur3ka

I'm constantly trying new shampoos and conditions. Always. I have fine, yet super curly hair. and lots of it. I'm also a recovering dye addict. Over a year since my last dye job! I'm working on getting my hair back to its natural state. My hair is still slightly damaged. and even before I started dying my hair I always had horrible frizz and my hair stayed pretty dry. I have used this once. The smell is amazing. Nuts and coconut. OMNOMNOM. I digress. It was instant love with the shampoo. I was worried about the conditioner though. The consistency was a bit thicker than I'm used to and I really had to work it throughout my hair. I left it on my hair while I did all of my other showery stuff. It rinsed away quickly, but when I got out of the shower my hair felt stiff. Somewhat brittle even. Whenever I buy a new shampoo and conditioner, I never put anything else in it afterwards. I let it dry naturally. I actually fell asleep with my hair wet. I woke up thinking my hair was going to be a horrendous mess. Much to my surprise, my hair was in perfect ringlets. It was so soft. I never brush my hair while it is wet, so I was expecting a rats nest to brush through. Not the case! My hair was so soft. Virtually no tangles. It isn't frizzy. It is so shiny. It looks SO healthy. I'm in complete love with this stuff.

I think the other half is diggin' it too. ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by ejtrudell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this: it's not too heavy to use every day on my long, fine hair, it smells nice, and it's inexpensive. It makes my hair look like it's in great condition!