July 22, 2014 | 2431 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Clinique - Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by lucybeee

I originally bought this product hoping that I could wear it in the summer, so that it wasn't greasy and would give my skin a healthy glow without feeling caked with make up. I have to say that I can't use it on its own, and I know it's supposed to have a sheer coverage, I didn't expect it to give me flawless skin, but it just doesn't look right on me on its own. I ended up putting it in a drawer and not using it......

However! I have recently been using it again (after about a year or so not using it) and I'm loving it!

I've been using the Moisture Surge Moisturiser underneath my make up, and decided to try the Tinted moisturiser under my make up for a night out (for extra coverage) and it worked brilliantly! It made a perfect base for my make up (Collection 2000 Lasting Finish) and doesn't seem to make my face oily when used with a foundation & setting powder (Maybelline dream matte)

I have been trying this combination of products during the day too, and it doesn't look cakey, my face just looks (almost!) flawless, which is brilliant!

This tinted moisturiser can definitely be hit or miss, and I've found a way that it can work... however I'll probably try and find a cheaper alternative once I run out, as it's quite expensive!

This is my first review, thanks for reading :)

Lucy x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great tinted moisturizer for normal to combination skin types. It provides light coverage and does not cause my combo skin to break out. Feels like a liquid foundation on the skin, which I am not too crazy about. Like that it has spf 15 in it. I usually use this topped off the Estee Lauders loose Mineral foundation powder and really like how the two products look together on my skin. I am very fair skinned and shade 1 is a touch too dark for me but I can live with it until I find a closer match. Update: Halfway through the day, this is sucked off my skin and into my pores. Not long lasting enough for me to continue to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by aftonsmama

very good coverage... ive tried TONS of tm and this one is on my "daily reach for" list, i also like pf tinted moisturizers... this is just a personal preference but i like thicker tm's that give good coverage but are extremely light and this definitly fits the bill, great color b/c i have red undertones (wouldnt really recomend any clinique foundations/tms for yellow based skin tones. a little pricy but a little goes a long way. packaging is great, good control on how much product comes out!! definitly a repurchase (during gwp of course)

UPDATE
now that i have tried it for a while I HAVE NOTICED THAT MY SKIN HAS ACTUALLY DRIED OUT FROM THIS PRODUCT. also it now accentuated the dry patches on my nose and chin that this has made!! dang it..... off to find another product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by MERP

This TM is very opaque given that it's a TM. I cut it with moisturizer, and after that I like it. However, since that puts it back in the pile of all my other foundations I cut with moisturizer to MAKE a TM, my search for a favorite out-of-the bottle TM continues...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Blessis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This really doesn't work on my skin at all. My face looks dry and my (acne-prone) skin doesn't seem too happy about having this on. It was a complete waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by angiee0215

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

amazing coverage for a tinted moisturizer and has lasted me all day. to add a little more coverage on top of this I just add a powder on top. I love how natural it looks on. The shade 1 matched my NC15 skin perfectly. I know clinique sometimes has issues with matching us pale skinned girls so if anyone is lighter than NC 15 I would suggest going with another brand. There are a few other foundations I cannot wear because clinique's lightest color is sometimes too dark for me.

I am oily skinned and this looks dewy but doesnt make me oily (when I set it with powder)

If you have dry skin it might show your dry patches or if you use it make sure to moisturize before hand

EDIT: The color is way off. The lightest shade is too orange for my very light pale skin. Once again clinique doesn't have a color for something I love.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

Overall Rating: 4/5
Wow! I really am surprised by how much I like this. To give you a background on my skin type: I am a teenager with very oily, very acne prone, very scarred skin. I have been tired of wearing heavy make up to cover all my scars and spots, and decided to go for the more natural look. I knew that tinted moisturizers usually only had light coverage, but as long as it evened out my skin tone, that was fine with me. I got a sample of this at a Clinique counter in "Shade 02" (which is a tad too pink and too dark for my NW25 skin tone). THE COVERAGE! I am so impressed with the natural, light-medium coverage this stuff gives me. Although it is light, it feels more like a light weight foundation than a tinted moisturizer. It goes on smooth, and a little goes a long way. My only problems with it:
1. Color range. Most of the shades are pink-toned, and I dont think any are dark enough for some dark skinned women.
2. The price. Its $27. I dont think this is worth that much, but oh well.
3. Obviously, oily skinned people must wear a setting powder or else you will become an oily slick.
Even though this TM has some issues, I still really like it overall :) I will purchase a whole bottle when summer comes around (and when I have the money! XD)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great tinted moisturizer, PERIOD. It has a cream-gel like quality not totally unlike Moisture Surge (not quite as gel, but a bit more cream.) Initially you may think it has a bit too much coverage, but the secret is in it's application. You can use much less of this than what you maybe used to w/a tinted moisturizer. This is because of the somewhat gel-cream cosistency. A very small amount will move across an entire side of the face because of it's great amount of slip. Add the SPF of 15 and it's an all star product. The ingredients are like a treatment cream as they cater to skins nourishment/protection. The ingredients for it's texture/appearance are of equal quality. There is one caveat: The color selection is limited, particularly in the medium-fair to medium tone. I had to buy two shades to mix equally to get the exact/proper color. I know you're thinking "it's a tinted moisturizer. It should be sheer enough to adapt to varrying skin tones." Well it is and it isn't. Some may akin this more to the foundation side of coverage as opposed to the sheerer side of a tinted moisturizer. It's a hard call. It really is enough moisture to go it alone on bare skin. That would not be the case w/most foundation. It just has this amazing slip/glide to it. This is why you can keep it sheer as so little goes so far. I feel as if I'm repeating my points so I'll just say this is probably one of the most luxurious high end feeling moisture tints I've experinced; not something I usually equate with Clinique. I think it was $22.50 for 1 ounce so it's not inexpensive, but the quality is right up there. I LOVE it. It looks good. It's made to build it's skin benefits through continued daily use as the benfits build day by day. By the time you're done with a one ounce bottle of it you will see a marked improvement in skin hydration/texture/eveness. You just have to be diligent and use it daily and why wouldn't you? It feels good and looks good and wears very long. What more can one ask for???

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by 2010jesslee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I Never give 5 stars for a foundation, especially only a tinted moisturizer. I have been using this for 7 days continuously now, I am amazed with the coverage, long lasting, light weight and the good color match with my skin tone perfectly. I used to like matte foundation, but I feel like my skin looks bad after I remove my make up, also dont wanna wear a mask everyday. I have used Revlon colorstay for few years now. Then I moved on to BB cream, try 3 different brands (Missha, Skin 79 and Lioele) but their quality is not good enough, often clog my pores if I wear them for 8 hours a day, and bad Colour match to my skin tone because of the grey cast, also bad oil control.

I first put hydrating serum after I use my toner, then I put moisturizer on, I use La Roche Posay Effaclar M, then after it sinks in then I put on this tinted moisturizer. I sometimes use Sigma F80 brush rather than my fingers.
Then I use concealer then silk powder to set the makeup. I am surprised the oil on my t zone didn't break through until 4-5 hours later, normally I see oil come through after 3 hours when I used the Revlon Colourstay. So I am very Impressed!!! After 8 hours my face still look fresher than other foundations/ bb creams that I've used. I have acne prone and sensitive skin, when I used something wrong such as MAC foundations and BB creams etc... But now I have not noticed any big break out yet, I have now used this for about 10 days. If you are looking for full coverage, this is not for you. But as I said, you should let your skin breath some days, because everyday wear matte foundation is not good for your skin. This tinted foundation has better coverage than most BB creams, the main benefit is it has not clog my pores which means produce less break out in long term. I may do an update if this has break me out, otherwise this is my favorite so far!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2012 7:32:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I purchased this tinted moisturiser as an everyday product, just to even out my skin / apply a light layer of foundation type product for work. Ive got fairly dry skin and thought the moisture surge description coupled with it being a tinted moisturiser would help with this - it didn't really though. It wasn't terrible but nowhere near great. Several years ago I bought the "almost makeup" and liked this better than the current incarnation. I used in conjunction with the "stay matte" powder to alleviate the shine but found it gave a funny sort of pinky patchy coverage. I've read in other peoples reviews about the funny pinky colour it seems to bring out and I concur. It's ok and not terrible, more comparabie with revlon/max factor type profducts but with MAC type prices. I wouldn't buy again.