December 20, 2014 | 1592 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by Chibi12

This is a great powder. It gives a nice finish to all the foundations I use, doesn't make me look matte, and takes away the tacky feel of some foundation. I use a large powder brush to sweep over my entire face. If you have combo to oily skin, don't expect it to keep you oil free - I find it doesn't do that at all, I'm more oily in the summer and find it doesn't help my foundation stay on. But its great for my winter skin and gives me a very nice dewy finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Elif89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this powder! It does not provide a lot of coverage, i use a fluffy face brush. But i like that. I'd rather use concealer on area's that need it. I use it over my BB tinted moisturizer, which on it's own makes me a greaseball within one hour. This powder takes away the shine but lets somekind of dewiness shine through. It also prolongs the staying power of my TM. I have used MSFN in the past and it made my face very greasy (i have combo skin).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by ocmommy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great powder for setting sheer foundations, tinted moisturizers, primers, etc. it adds no color at all that I can see, isn't powdery at all, and doesn't really seem to matte down any shimmer that your foundation may have. I applied over a mixture of Strobe Cream and Bourjois Healthy Mix, and the glow is still visible, but the foundation is no longer tacky to the touch, love.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: 08/02/12
Will not buy again, broke me out. Going back to regular blot powder!!!

purchased this last night. i've been wanting this for a long time now but always too lazy to go to the mall! i picked it up in medium deep. medium dark did not look like it had any yellow undertones to it and since its sheer the medium deep was perfect for me. i am a C4 in studio fix but i find it a bit light so i could have gone a bit darker. it is definitely "creamy" feeling, so light and soft! i brushed it on this morning and i like the look of this more than studio fix. SF looks so powdery on me. i brushed it on and it gave me great light coverage and looks so soft focused. its been about 4 hours now and the oils have been pretty much kept at bay, maybe just a smidge seeping through my nose. purchased for $23.00. the only thing i wish it had was the same case as studio fix to store the puff. i dont like the puff sitting on top of the powder after ive used it! it should be like the other cases -in its own ventilated compartment. really great powder that can be used for girls who dont use foundation (like me) or as a setting powder. will repurchase as long as it doesnt break me out. i will update in a few weeks. EDIT: 03/13/12
ok, so i still love this. i hit pan already though and its only march? i only use this once a day in the morning as a setting powder. i bought my SF longggg before i got this in january and i havent hit pan on that one! not much product. i will buy again though but this time i think i will try medium instead of medium deep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Careblend is a hybrid between MAC Studio Fix foundation powder and MSFN, it is not too cakey and thick however it has natural, quite full coverage. You could use careblend on it's own or to set liquid foundation, I use it to set my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, and it looks great. The shade 'light' is perfect for my NC15-NC20 skin and lasts pretty much all day, atleast 6+ hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gives my skin a nice natural finish It doesn't feel or look powdery. In fact, my skin feels softer and creamy with this! I will probably not buy again due to price and my desire to try new things. I might though if I have money for it and no urges to try another powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I was in my 20's I used to be able to pack on the powder foundation or liquid AND powder every day. No problems with dryness, flakes or breaking out. Now I've reached that "certain age" I find that the majority of powder makes me look like a dried up mess by noon. Even my favorite "HD invisible" powders are drying on me after a time. Not with Careblend! I just purchased it a few days ago and I am just thrilled with the results! 9 plus hours of wear, no flakes, no caking. It wears to a glowy finish on my (very) slightly oily forehead and stays semi-satin and comfortable on the rest of my (very) dry face.
You ask why even use powder if I am dry skinned? I use it to set my foundation so my makeup stays where I want it to stay. I usually like loose powder so I've adapted my application of Careblend to my regular loose powder technique. Smooth product with a large puff, tap off excess on puff, press lightly on face, use powder brush to remove excess (if necessary). I use this same method if I use this as a setting powder or wearing alone over face cream.
The colors tend to run light and yellow. I'm a "Medium" in Careblend as it is the lightest pink toned. Light was almost white and Light Plus too yellow for me. I'm NW20 in the winter and a light NW25 in the summer.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by laaine

I did lots of reading before finally deciding on this product. I do like it so far, I have combination skin: oily in my t-zone and normal cheeks, sometimes dry. I found that this product did make my face a bit oilier than usual but it did provide good coverage over the redness on my nose and the few pimples I have. I chose medium as my color and I am not the darkest person, I have been called a ghost but I am platinum blonde and the medium suited me very well. It felt soft and really good on my skin first going on, but like I said it got a bit oily as the day went on. After reapplying though it did not cake, it was soft again. I paid $28.00 CAD for this which is a bit pricier than the drug store cover-up that turns your face orange, but I don't mind :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by theleia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder and was devastated when they discontinued it. In replacement they recommended me this, which I bought because I trusted MAC. But one swipe of the finger revealed that this was already much grainier than Select Sheer. I should have trusted my gut!

This is much less finely milled than Select Sheer. Studio Careblend also doesn't come in the NC/NW colour range that SS did. Instead I was given a "medium" that is a tad too pink for my skintone.

It still works well as a pressed powder, so I'm sticking to it in order not to waste it. But while SS could save me on bad skin days, SC tends to only work when my skin is already pretty smooth. So it's not going to be a re-purchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a silky powder which gives medium coverage. I would'nt buy it again as the shade is very yellow on my NW10 skin. I can use it lightly but any heavier and I look jaundised. I much prefer select powder for oil control.