MAC Studio Careblend

4.2

Talc, Boron Nitride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Myristyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Silica, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxhydrocinnamate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate [ May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Maganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This powder leaves a beautiful sheer, soft finish on my dry skin but the color, Light, is just too yellow to look natural on my NC15 complexion. I returned to my old standby, Clinique Blended in Transparency Neutral, which also leaves a sheer, soft finish on dry skin and, unlike Careblend, the color blends perfectly into my my neutral-warm skin tone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love pressed powders, I love hd powders, I love MAC...so...it's simply perfect!
But if you don't wear any foundation and you want to try it "alone"...
...you won't see the real difference!
This powder, in Italy, is not so expensive (less than 30)
(MUFE, BENEFIT, TOO FACED etc. are higher than 30!!!)

This powder feels really nice in the pan but unfortunately it makes my skin look really dry. It also makes areas look cakey. I will still use it but very sparingly on my face. I have a rimmel powder that works better for me but I won't waste this product. I know it is not the most expensive powder but I don't think its worth the price at all.

Review of:
M*A*C Studio CareBlend/Pressed Powder
Shade: "Medium Plus".

Sorry to burst the bubble of happy reviews and go against the grain of this item but we all want honesty, amiright?

I am not impressed. The color match is just OK, slightly too yellowish for me. But the worst is that it makes my pores look GIGANTIC and I have really tiny pores, which are probably the ONE and ONLY thing about my skin that I don't have to fret over! Alas, not with this powder, apparently! It also makes my skin feel (and look) rather dried out and "crpe-y".

All in all this product seems more on-par with Wet N' Wild, yet five times the cost. There's better options out there, especially at this price.

3.2.2012

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So...where to begin. I like this powder, I really do. It's different from all the other powders I've used, very finely milled and soft, feels like I don't have a lot on my face but whatever i'm used to it. But here's the thing, I don't like the pink tones in this powder :( why MAC whyyyyy must you make powder this color? When I go out at night, it looks perfectly fine, very beautiful, but when I put it on in the day time, it makes my face look quite pinkish. I always do my makeup by my window so i can get natural sunlight to hit my face and I've been noticing how pinkish it makes my face look. Btw i'm Medium Dark and I wish MAC had a better color selection! oh well, life must go on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm definitely giving up MSF Natural after using this. I stopped setting my foundation with powders (such as MSFN) after I realised I didn't like the powdered-down look. MSFN also made me oilier than usual, and oxidised to make my face look more pink, which I hate. But I did need a setting powder. After considering Chanel Natural loose powder, and nearly going for it, I (thankfully) came across this!

It's absolutely wonderful. I live in the tropics and I don't feel anymore oily, or like i'm wearing anything extra. You can't pick up too much product. You don't need too much product (unless you harshly swirl it, which I think is a waste..... watched this girl on YouTube - she was wondering why it lasted her only 2 months. Doh!)

Overall,
Pros:
Feels light and smooth on the skin - Pretty finely milled.
Doesn't break me out or make me oilier than usual
Lasts for long enough
Great for setting foundation
Great finish (Although, it could just be my foundation, i'll still add it to the list though)
Does not cling to/ accentuate flakes!!!!! *YESSSS!!!!*
Affordable
Better packaging than MSFN - handbag friendly; comes with mirror

Cons:
The puff it comes with is a bit awkward. There isn't a place to put it. But I don't think I'll be using it anyway. Shall just bring a travel kabuki if I do intend on using it on the go.
Not a con for me, but for those who are looking for coverage, look elsewhere. This is a SHEER pressed powder and is best for going over foundation, or light powdering.
Probably not best for people with really oily skin.

Will repurchase. I'm an NC35. Was between Medium and Medium-Plus. After trying it on, I went with Medium to account for slight oxidation. Doesn't really make a difference anyway since it's so sheer.

This is a great powder. It gives a nice finish to all the foundations I use, doesn't make me look matte, and takes away the tacky feel of some foundation. I use a large powder brush to sweep over my entire face. If you have combo to oily skin, don't expect it to keep you oil free - I find it doesn't do that at all, I'm more oily in the summer and find it doesn't help my foundation stay on. But its great for my winter skin and gives me a very nice dewy finish.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I adore this powder! It does not provide a lot of coverage, i use a fluffy face brush. But i like that. I'd rather use concealer on area's that need it. I use it over my BB tinted moisturizer, which on it's own makes me a greaseball within one hour. This powder takes away the shine but lets somekind of dewiness shine through. It also prolongs the staying power of my TM. I have used MSFN in the past and it made my face very greasy (i have combo skin).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great powder for setting sheer foundations, tinted moisturizers, primers, etc. it adds no color at all that I can see, isn't powdery at all, and doesn't really seem to matte down any shimmer that your foundation may have. I applied over a mixture of Strobe Cream and Bourjois Healthy Mix, and the glow is still visible, but the foundation is no longer tacky to the touch, love.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

UPDATE: 08/02/12
Will not buy again, broke me out. Going back to regular blot powder!!!

purchased this last night. i've been wanting this for a long time now but always too lazy to go to the mall! i picked it up in medium deep. medium dark did not look like it had any yellow undertones to it and since its sheer the medium deep was perfect for me. i am a C4 in studio fix but i find it a bit light so i could have gone a bit darker. it is definitely "creamy" feeling, so light and soft! i brushed it on this morning and i like the look of this more than studio fix. SF looks so powdery on me. i brushed it on and it gave me great light coverage and looks so soft focused. its been about 4 hours now and the oils have been pretty much kept at bay, maybe just a smidge seeping through my nose. purchased for $23.00. the only thing i wish it had was the same case as studio fix to store the puff. i dont like the puff sitting on top of the powder after ive used it! it should be like the other cases -in its own ventilated compartment. really great powder that can be used for girls who dont use foundation (like me) or as a setting powder. will repurchase as long as it doesnt break me out. i will update in a few weeks. EDIT: 03/13/12
ok, so i still love this. i hit pan already though and its only march? i only use this once a day in the morning as a setting powder. i bought my SF longggg before i got this in january and i havent hit pan on that one! not much product. i will buy again though but this time i think i will try medium instead of medium deep.

Recommended for Normal Skin