January 27, 2015 | 1254 users online

Blush - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by totoro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dollface is one of two blushes I brought with me on the last long trip I took (the other was UD fetish).
The texture is absolutely matte with no shimmer whatsoever, and the color is a light, cheerful, somewhat bright, clear pink (that isn't too bright for pale skin). As other reviewers have said, it's not too cool (though when I first saw it I thought of it as a cool blush; when you see it next to something really cool, like Tarte's Adored, it puts things in perspective). I imagine Dollface suiting medium skin tones as well as lighter ones, and this blush compliments just about everything and any makeup look. It can be played down to look like a barely there natural flush or played up to achieve the "china doll" look it's named for. This is why it's one of my favorite traveling companions. Since I tend to get tired of using the same blush over and over again, I have to be careful when packing makeup for a trip. The product has to be so gorgeous and versatile that I don't get tired of it and can pull together different looks for day and night, warm and cool, casual or elegant, strong lips or eyes, etc. Dollface meets all the above criteria. I do have to touch up at least once during the day (in fewer than 12 hours, especially in humidity and heat), and that's why it gets only four lipsticks. To be fair, though, I don't think I've ever met a blush that would stick around that long on me. :-/ Blushes tend to wear off for some reason. I got the mini-size in a set along with a small travel size of "Park Avenue Princess" bronzer. This makes it even better for an on-the-go makeup bag in my purse or for travel. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by geekischic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! Love the colour, it's gorgeous, and super flattering on my nc15 skin tone. :) It's everything bella bamba wishes it was, and no shimmer, which I hate in a blush!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this blush! It's the perfect pink color that lasts all day. It's very pigmented so you just need a light dusting to get a warm pinky glow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:42:00 AM More reviews by theymightbejenny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my all-time favorite blush, which is saying something considering how many I have. It's the perfect everyday pink shade that's not too cool-toned, but also not peachy. Peachy blushes tend to look orange on me, so it's always a struggle to find that perfectly balanced warm pink color. Honestly, this is it. It has a lovely matte finish and blends very nicely. It's my default blush - when I don't know what to wear, I throw this on because it looks good with everything. My only issue with it is that you have to keep it someplace dry (aka, not in your bathroom), otherwise the clay in the blush will absorb water and harden the surface. It's also a bit pricey ($25!), which I'm not a fan of, but it is pigmented so it will last a long time (and you can always knock a few bucks off with an Ulta coupon). I've nearly hit pan on my first one and I am definitely going to repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by richellealexis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bright and fun! This blush is for a girl who loves to go out and have a good time. The bright pink gives your skin a happy glow, however I do recommend this color for more fair skin types. The Amazonian Clay will help you make this blush last - it is very concentrated! I bought mine over a year and a half ago and I can still see the pretty imprinted design on mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by BeautyEssentials

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first bought this blush, I was very hesitant. I wasn't sure how a light pinky blush would show up on my NC35 skin. But I'm glad I bought it. It leaves such a natural flush on my cheeks. A lot goes a long way with this one. My only problem with this blush is that I find it fading well before the 12-hour mark. But that is easily overlooked when I consider all the pros of this blush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this, along with a bronzer, in a small size for $15 at my mall's new Sephora. (Finally!)

It's a beautiful color on me - I'm pretty fair - but as another reviewer states, the color payoff isn't that great.

It doesn't last anywhere near 12 hours for me. Not even six hours, and my skin isn't oily.

If I can find a dupe I'll buy that. I'll repurchase the small size tarte if I can't locate one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by yelloats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is the most flattering pink ever! not too blue toned or warm its just like perfect dolly pink! i love it so much and i am sooo glad i bought it when it during friends and family. at full price...seems expensive but haha all blushes at sephora are lik 25-40$ now so this is actually good. i wouldnt buy again b/c i use blush very sparingly and this will liekly not run out for a loooooooooong time

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Dollface is a blush that is a cool-toned, baby pink color. I have experienced a slight darkening of the AC blushes overtime as you wear them, so I recommend that you apply lightly, because you will defiantley see it as time goes on in the day, and to avoid looking overdone. This reminds me of the effect of the Dior Rosy Glow blush in this sense. This color goes great with my skintone (I am fair with cool undertones). It is a matte blush. I am a sucker for the packaging, since it coordinates with the blush inside, so that when you go in your stash to pick one out, you can automatically tell which is which for the most part without having to read the labels. That kinda reminds me of the Revlon Lip Butter's packaging in that way. Definatley one of my favorite blushes in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Ashley1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this blush!
Very natural rosy hue of pink.
Doesn't look like harsh pink blush.
Looks like you've been sun-kissed with a nice rosy glow and flushed from the great outdoors.
Not shiny or shimmery.
Can be layered for more dramatic color for evening.
I use Dollface on the apples of my cheeks while contouring the hollows of my cheekbones with Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer. This duo works very well together - or separately.
I like the fact that it's formulated with a lot of natural ingredients.
The price is a little steep, but it does have good staying power.
The container is slightly difficult to open (but maybe I just got a defective packaging).
Overall, great product and would recommend!