Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.8

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

on 3/2/2013 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have no problem with this cleanser. I ran out of my clinique liquid facial soap and wanted a quick (and possibly cheaper) alternative, so this fit the bill. I find it to be gentle enough for my morning facial cleanse. I didn't want a soap that did anything crazy, just something to wash with. For the record I have combination skin that can be oily. I like the pleasant scent. Oh and I was surprised that this does remove makeup pretty well too! Definitely a bonus!

on 2/11/2013 2:09:00 PM

I'm surprised by how many poor product ratings this received. I have super sensitive skin and even at fifty years old I'm still prone to break-outs now and then. I use this sparingly in the morning, rinse well and my face feels fresh and clean. I haven't had near the break-outs with this as I have had with much more expensive products. One thing I would suggest with any facial cleansing product, particularly product with lots of natural ingredients is rinse, rinse and rinse again well.

on 1/31/2013 5:45:00 PM

I would NEVER buy this product! I purchased this product and developed cystic acne and pimples! Be careful because I did not immediately develop the acne. It took a few weeks and then boom! I had horrible skin. I have always had "flawless" skin, no issues with pimples or acne but shortly after using this product I had horrible breakouts that consisted of cystic acne and pimples. I finally figured out that it was this product causing the issue since it was the only new thing introduced into my skin routine and within one week of using it the acne had subsided. I haven't used this product in over 6 weeks and my skin is almost back to normal. I will have to purchase creams to help lighten the scarring left from the acne. I would not purchase this product and read other reviews! It has caused a lot of Cystic acne in other users as well!

on 1/30/2013 7:40:00 PM

This was a really polarizing product for me. Normally I like Neutrogena and the products they put out but I am certainly not a fan of this. It left this crazy residue feeling on my skin, and dried it out causing a lot of irritation. The one good thing about this product is that it does take off makeup pretty well, but it doesn't overshadow the gross feeling you have on your face afterward. Nothing really feels natural about this product, it burned my skin the first time I used it. I'm not a fan of gel cleansers in general, have not had good luck with them.

on 1/22/2013 11:35:00 AM

I too bought this because my CeraVe ran out and it was on sale at the drugstore so I thought I'd give it a try. After reading the reviews that the product causes redness and dryness, can I suggest to you that you splash lots of water on your face first then only use a quarter of a pump of the cleanser to wash your face. That trick worked well for me and it still effectively removes my makeup. Still, I wouldn't repurchase as I think there are far more gentle cleansers out there.

on 1/20/2013 10:10:00 PM

This cleanser was amazing for my skin! I have senstive, combination skin with horrible acne, and decided to grab this at the drugstore. The first time I used it, my skin felt really smooth and noticably less red. After using it for a month, I STILL see those results and more: my acne is almost comepletely cleared up! It contains Willowbark extract, a natural source of salicylic acid, which I'm sure played a big part in it.

This cleanser actually IS all natural, aside from only two ingredients, which Neutrogena says were neccessary. Perhaps that's why it didn't irritate my skin (It also does an amazing job at removing makeup). The pump bottle is also 50% post-consumer recycled. I will continue to buy this as long as Neutrogena continues to make it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

it burns your skin, makes it red, and drys it out. the minute i put it on and felt that burn i was like, "uhh...natural?"
bizzarre but predictable since it's not entirely natural (that's what those astricks indicate on the back.)

Purchased for change of pace. Drugstore-wise, usually buy Purpose. Also for use with Clarisonic Mia 2. Therein lay the problem. Stung my eyes and tasted horrible (couldn't help getting on my lips). Returned to store. Bought Boscia black that warms; like that. Also use Lush AoBS.

on 12/26/2012 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have had a horrible horrible experience with this cleanser this past week. So let me start by saying I only bought this as a temporary face wash because I ran out of my CeraVe facial cleanser and they didn't have it in stock so I just bought this because I thought it was a simple cleanser. When I initially used this, I felt a little sting. I checked the ingredients and saw that it had "naturally derived salicylic acid" from willow bark extract.So over the past few days I noticed that the longer I leave this cleanser on, the more it stings. It also leaves my face sensitive and red as a frickin tomato. I've been noticing a lot of dryness, and I started developing a rash on my neck and jawline. It's really inflamed and itchy right now. At first I thought it was because the sal. acid was too harsh along with my acne meds (clindamycin phosphate and tazorac) I finally realized that I'm probably allergic to the willow bark extract because I had the same reaction to the Burt's Bees acne solutions line, which boasts willowbark extract. This cleanser has DEFINITELY not been right for me, but hey if you're not allergic to it you might have success. I wish Neutrogena would advertise it on the front of the bottle that it contains salicylic acid though...if they had, I would have opted for a different cleanser. Sad to see my $10 go to waste :(

on 12/23/2012 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i really like this cleanser. i have oily/combination skin and it does a good job of cleaning without drying or causing me to break out. i am pretty happy with the whole neutrogena naturals line actually. with the cleanser, its fairly expensive for a drugstore brand, but a little goes a long way.