April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by AddieRuca

I was pretty excited about trying this new line of cleansers since I was tired of using washes with so many chemicals. It did nothing for me; doesn't remove make up and doesn't even leave my skin feeling clean (face or chest). Couldn't return it so I just threw it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2012 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mistywarden

I'm almost finished with this bottle (not out of love, just wanting to use it up) and for my combination/oily skin this isn't the best cleanser but it didn't cause any breakouts or irritation, which raised it from 2 to 3 lippies for me. My chin does feel a tiny bit tight after washing but no flakes or redness.

Because there seems to be some confusion, I'll say this part loud: THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT CLAIM TO REMOVE MAKEUP, so I didn't rate it based on its ability to do so. I have a separate makeup remover for that purpose (part of why this is only a meh cleanser for me. My HG Liz Earle does both). I also would strongly recommend not getting it in your eyes.

The fact that the label lists the origins of the ingredients was cool for me, though it lists Fragrance and explains the inclusion of this and several other "non-natural" ingredients as "essential to blending the product" 0.o The scent isn't nasty, but if you're sensitive to scents I'd advise against this product.

The packaging is fine, though I wish all pump bottles would get ALL of the product out but the thought that it's made with partially recycled plastic is nice.

Long story short: I didn't hate it, but I'm glad I'm done with it and will not repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by codonohue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you experience a lot of salycic (i know i'm miss spelling that) acid cleansers that dry out your skin, than this is a good product for you. What makes the other cleansers so drying is the chemicle they put in it that they don't put in this one (forgot the name). This cleanser will not lather like you're used to b/c of that chemicle not in it, and you may think it's not working, but that's only b/c you've been tricked with shampoos and facial cleansers all your life that use that chemicle that makes things lather. Companies know if it lathers then we will think it it's cleaning the best. However, this facial cleanser does clean and it cleans very well. No dirt is on my cotton pad when I follow with astrigent. It doesn't completely clear alllll acne, for me anyway, but no cleanser ever does. Horomons are to blame for that one, urg. However, it clears enough to make my skin look great, it doesn't over dry my skin so applying make up is easy and not frustrating, and it doesn't make my acne worse, it does make it better. It cleared a bad break out on my forehead that I think was caused by using harsh cleansers for so long. I will buy this again and again. Oh and I can't remember the price of it, so my rating for that is not something to look at with my review.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ArShah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an awesome cleanser for removing makeup. I've bought it about 3 times already because it really gets every last bit of makeup off and just overall cleansing your face :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by calanthe

It's been awhile since I've had to use something for acne, because I took Accutane in 2007. Lately with the hot weather I've been getting little zits all month long. So I picked this cleanser up and after a week, I'm looking better. Use something else to take your makeup off, please. This is better as a start of the day cleanser, when your face is product-free, anyway. Yes, it can sting a little for the first few days, but only use one pump and cool water. I crushed up four or five aspirin and then lathered with this cleanser and it was like a mini-facial. I really like this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by rjackson42

I like how there are no harming chemicals in this product, so let me say, if you are taking any acne topical medications, like for me I'm taking tretinoin cream, this product doesn't irritate my skin. This is because if you are using a topical gel, having benzoyl peroxide and salicylic scid in your face washes can REALLY irritate your skin if you're sensitive. However, I wish I could say this product clears my acne up more.. it doesn't. I see an overall improvement in my skin, but I still get pimples, even when I feel like my face routine is perfect:/ so overall YAY on this product! It does it's job.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by fendi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading so magazines about the dangerous chemicals and toxins that are used to make certain product and when it is aborbs through your skin and carried out by your blood can cause cancer and some could sterilize you from having children and was shocked so began to do organic stuff for my body. This was horrible doesn't lather I didn't feel my skin was being cleaned at all you needed a lot of pumps to actually remove make up. It's fragrant with apples and it shouldn't really be there considering fragrant products are the culprit for causing your skin to become sensitive. waste of money had a lot of hopes for this did nothing I broke out the next day swell with many tiny white dots of acne when my face was clear the other day prbbolay because it didn't do a very good job at cleaning at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

ok so when i got this the nozzle was broken... which meant i had to return, but thankfully i had an old bottle of the neutrogena grapefruit cleanser, so i just replaced that nozzle. however it still doesn't fit perfectly :/ when i first got it it smelled AMAZING, like apples and lemons, but after three weeks of vacation, i came back, and it kinda smells like rubbing alcohol. i have normal skin, so all cleansers work the same on me, just take off any dirt. so its alright, but i will NOT be repurchasing

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by CherokeeRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I ran out of my usual cleanser, thinking it would be good. Now, I'm not going to tell anyone not to buy it, because everyone's skin is different. Personally, it was good for a week, then it started to break me out. It smells very strongly, and I hate fragrant cleansers. It burned my skin while using it, too. So I don't recommend it, but I won't say not to try it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by pocky

This is your run of the mill drugstore cleanser. It is nothing special. I was curious about trying a "natural" cleanser without spending a lot of money. This cleanser is okay but I can't stand the fragrance. It's a little too much and, frankly, it smells like something I wash my hands with. The cleanser also is a little drying and my skin doesn't have that soft, clean feeling I'm used to with my regular cleanser. I stopped using this after a few days because I was afraid my skin would get too dry.