Neutrogena Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

2.9

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance

on 9/15/2013 2:54:00 AM

I have found this cleanser to be fantastic. It replaced Murad's Pomegranate Cleanser. My skin does react well to salicylic acid, often breaking me out even more. The Murad cleanser got to the point where it was just -okay-, and my skin just looked dull. This has been an amazing replacement for my skin -- no reactions at all, and when I've walked in at night my partner has raised his eyebrows and told me my skin was glowing it was so bright. I have had about three very small pimples since using this for over two months, and they've gone away quite quickly. Usually I use this at night (Boscia Black Detoxifying Cleanser in the morning), sometimes in the morning as well, and I have really enjoyed using this. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, clean, and soft, and I am really happy with it. Given the price, I'd definitely say go for it!

on 8/28/2013 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this face wash. I have been looking for one that can effectively clear out my pores and this is it. It took a couple of washes for my skin to adjust because it is pretty harsh compared to my last face wash but it was SOOOO worth it. The only down side so far is how drying it is. When using this product you have to be sure to completely rinse it off and use a good moisturizer after.

on 8/21/2013 11:20:00 PM

This is honestly the best cleanser I've ever tried. I use it wish a wash cloth and it makes my pores almost non existent. Lasts a while I've had the same bottle since April and barely over halfway done(I use it morning and night)

on 8/4/2013 4:21:00 AM

I was attracted to this product by its packaging and pump dispenser, since I was looking for a face wash that also removed make up. Its claims that it was 'natural' was also a major selling point for me.

Whilst the make up remover does effectively remove my daily make up, even the water/smudge-proof eyeliner and mascara, it stings my eyes and leaves my skin feeling really tight and dry - not a good feeling. This is even though I have oily, pimple prone skin and usually appreciate feeling good and squeaky clean after a full day. I would suggest using only a little pea-sized amount of product, and tonnes of water to rinse off after.

Not too sure about the product's natural claim either. It might be natural, but it sure aint gentle. I doubt I will finish using the bottle that I purchased, much less repurchase when done.

So this cleanser is supposed to be 'natural'. But it made my face sting while washing my face :( if it wasn't natural, i wonder how much it's going to be worse. After i wash it off and dry with a towel, the stinging is gone but it's too hard to bare it while washing t face.. I had to waste my $10 and buy a new one. And after using this for about 3 days it probably didn't clean my face deep down. I was left with a a lot of blemishes and redness! It's probably good for other people but for me this was horrible. Never buying this again ofcourse! And now i'm kinda scared to use Neutrogena products now :(

on 3/15/2013 3:10:00 PM

I have been looking for a good cleanser for a while & this ticks all my boxes. It removes make up, lathers well & has a nice scent. Leaves my face feeling squeaky clean, soft, & not over dry. Will be repurchasing!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like this face wash. It claims to be "natural", and to some degree it is. It uses willow bark as its salicylic acid source (versus a chemically made one- willow bark can also be used as a pain killer when acetylsalicylic acid is derived from it ((Aspirin)).

Actually, let's be honest- they probably don't use willow bark but are just toting the product to be natural because it's trendy, haha. BUT IF IT IS TRUE...the willow bark is a legitimate source for the acne treating ingredient.

Anyhow, I've been using it for a month and a half or so. It has kept a lot of my pimples at bay, and though not perfect (as it doesn't keep them ALL at bay), it is effective and has not caused me to have any violent, cystic acne or strange pustules. I don't know if my skin has changed or if the concentration of salicylic acid is low (it's not listed as to what percentage is in it), but it has not caused any irritation like I expected it to.

As far as blackhead/white head prevention, I haven't really noticed it particularly helping, but I also use a moisturizer with sunblock everyday so I don't think I will. However, I haven't noticed any crazy new amounts of comedones forming, so I would imagine if I WASN'T using sunblock everyday I probably wouldn't have an issue...but I'd rather have clogged comedones than skin cancer/wrinkles.

Overall- pretty decent cleanser. Average price (I paid around $6 - $7 at my HEB) , and a little seems to last quite a while. A light push on the pump dispenses a suitable amount, and it lathers well (which I know some people complain about but lathering just makes it SO much easier for product use). Haven't noticed any product leakage either and the pump does lock, so that's a plus for the frequent traveler. The product does have a scent- sort of like...apples? It's sweet, but I don't find it overpowering.

4/5. Not perfect, but it works well for me.

Edit: I'm giving this face wash a 3/5 now. I have since switched face washes (for about two months) and did not realize how DRYING this face wash was on my skin. It was also not helping white heads at all.

I am much happier with my Cerave face wash.

on 3/2/2013 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have no problem with this cleanser. I ran out of my clinique liquid facial soap and wanted a quick (and possibly cheaper) alternative, so this fit the bill. I find it to be gentle enough for my morning facial cleanse. I didn't want a soap that did anything crazy, just something to wash with. For the record I have combination skin that can be oily. I like the pleasant scent. Oh and I was surprised that this does remove makeup pretty well too! Definitely a bonus!

on 2/11/2013 2:09:00 PM

I'm surprised by how many poor product ratings this received. I have super sensitive skin and even at fifty years old I'm still prone to break-outs now and then. I use this sparingly in the morning, rinse well and my face feels fresh and clean. I haven't had near the break-outs with this as I have had with much more expensive products. One thing I would suggest with any facial cleansing product, particularly product with lots of natural ingredients is rinse, rinse and rinse again well.

on 1/31/2013 5:45:00 PM

I would NEVER buy this product! I purchased this product and developed cystic acne and pimples! Be careful because I did not immediately develop the acne. It took a few weeks and then boom! I had horrible skin. I have always had "flawless" skin, no issues with pimples or acne but shortly after using this product I had horrible breakouts that consisted of cystic acne and pimples. I finally figured out that it was this product causing the issue since it was the only new thing introduced into my skin routine and within one week of using it the acne had subsided. I haven't used this product in over 6 weeks and my skin is almost back to normal. I will have to purchase creams to help lighten the scarring left from the acne. I would not purchase this product and read other reviews! It has caused a lot of Cystic acne in other users as well!