August 22, 2014 | 2113 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Naturals - Purifying Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by stormm

I don't like this cleanser at all. It's supposed to work for sensitive skin but it's harsh even on my super oily skin. Dries out the skin and causes breakouts. Not recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by emdashem

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was surprised and disappointed by the inclusion of some heavy fragrance, which I did not expect from the "natural" label. I should have read the list of ingredients more carefully! It seems to do the job, but I really prefer unscented/fragrance-free facial products if at all possible, so I won't be buying this again. If you don't mind the heavy scent, this might be worth a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sugartween

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I needed something that would cleanse my sensitive oily skin without irritating it. I thought, Oh it's all natural! This will be perfect! At first, it worked ok, but after about a week it started to burn my face, and make it turn bright red. It also worsened my pimples and dried out my skin. Do NOT use if you have sensitive skin!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Honeylove29

I tend to stick to what I normally use (Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser) but when I saw "natural" on the bottle I was sold. A couple of weeks after using this product my skin started to BURN once washed. My whole face would be red!! It didn't remove any makeup and more pimples surfaced. That is not a good look. So much for the natural part.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 8:46:00 AM More reviews by honeyloove29

I tend to stick to what I normally use (Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser) but when I saw "natural" on the bottle I was sold. A couple of weeks after using this product my skin started to BURN. It didn't remove any makeup and more pimples surfaced. That is not a good look. So much for the natural part.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very gentle, cleans well and smells like apples. This is my every day cleansers and I think will be my HG. This is my second purchase as it last a long time, even using it twice a day.Very happy with this find, I do not think a department store cleanser is really worth the extra dollars.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by crissy234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try out a face cleanser that has more natural products, so I picked this one up. It seems to cleanse my face well and doesn't cause any more/less breakouts than I usually have. The one thing that I really don't like is the smell. I don't think I would repurchase this because I liked Purpose's cleaner much better overall.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kace1396

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the only cleansers I can use that doesn't break me out. I have very oily, yet sensitive skin. This cleanser doesn't do much for acne, but my breakouts aren't as bad as they used to be with other cleansers. I'm not going to say I have horrible cystic acne, but I'll get a pimple or two on my cheek, forehead, or chin. The scent is nice, but it's very strong. All in all I like it, I've already gone through a few bottles and I'll probably keep using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by cukie7707

I feel like this cleanser made my skin worse than it was. I also can't stand the smell of the cleanser...it smells like cough syrup

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by tori1122

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

To start off, here is my warning. For anyone who has sensitivity to products containing Salicylic Acid, do not use this product. Also, weird as it sounds, if you tend to have any adverse side effects to aspirin, you may want to avoid this as well (I'll explain below).

I have really sensitive/oily skin and I thought that since this was all natural it wouldn't irritate my skin. It did a good job of cleansing and I didn't break out any when I used this. The problem is that it BURNED my skin and would leave it bright red for a very long time, and this is with using no other skin products.

The reason why I think it did this though is that it contains willow bark. Products with Salicylic Acid content above 0.5% have always been very irritating and burned my skin, and Salicylic Acid is derived from willow bark. This has lead me to the conclusion that I may be allergic to willow bark (I have a tendency of being allergic to things).

Since the willow bark in this product is in a natural form and there are so few ingredients in this cleanser, it is probably in a much higher concentration and content percentage than Salicylic Acid is in typical cleansers containing it. This may be why I had such a strong adverse reaction to it compared to the reaction I get using Salicylic Acid. So, if you tend to be sensitive and react similarly to Salicylic Acid products, this product could have an adverse effect on you.

As for the aspirin thing, aspirin is derived from willow bark as well, so the correlation may be something to take into consideration. I don't have any medical backing to go with this statement or anything, and I'm not saying that if you have problems with aspirin, you will have problems with Salicylic Acid/this product, or if you have problems with Salicylic Acid/this product, you will have problems with aspirin. It just may be something to think about before purchasing this product.