July 24, 2014 | 1903 users online

Styling Products - Organix - Renewing Moroccan Argan Penetrating Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ahs767

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought travel sizes of both the shampoo and conditioner to try because of all the hype. Although it made my hair soft, it also made it greasy. I only put a dime sized amount in my shoulder length hair and it still made it look oily when it dried out. Honestly, lush shampoo products made my hair softer anyway. Wouldn't repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

PROS: Great smell, affordable, leaves hair soft and smooth and great as a heat protectant.

CONS: I wish there was more product in the bottle, scent doesn't last as long as I want it to and packaging could be better (a pump would be nicer)

This is the first bottle of argan oil i've ever tried. The high prices of other always drew me away from trying. Found this at Target for about $7-$8. I'm in the process of growing out my hair and this helps prevent my ends from breaking. I use about a quarter size amount after I shower to my lightly towel dried hair, concentrating on the ends. Also if I use any type of heat to my hair I will use about a nickle size. Great oil and I will most likely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 11:56:00 PM More reviews by CherokeeRose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I stumbled upon this product back in December 2011 when I was trying to find a good Argan Oil. It was cheaper than all the other Argan Oil's I came across, and heard amazing things about Organix. Since the first time I used it, I've been in love ever since. This little bottle lasted lasted me up until now, and still have a few good months to go. It makes my hair extremely soft, smells amazing, and is not greasy or film-y one bit. It's truly amazing, and I use it every time I wash my hair. Even my Mom loves it! 100% recommended.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by emilee246

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I first used this the first few times my hair felt soooooooooooooo soft I dunno what it was but it worked amazingly. Now it still works and i like it but I dunno if I have build-up in my hair but it doesn't work as well. It is an amazing price though I bought it in January and I just barely finished one bottle... Thats pretty amazing. you only need a small amount. if your looking for argan oil, this is a good option, I would recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by eeemmm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After a series of not so great haircuts, I'm proud to say that I've grown my hair out! It looks awesome, so I was a little annoyed when my ends started looking dull. I didn't want to get another cut, so I decided to try this oil. I'm so glad I did! It's lightweight, smells great, and does wonders for my hair. I usually apply this after I wash my hair, then again before I leave the house. It's really great, but I wouldn't apply this on the crown or bangs because it can get greasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by mg1013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, a PSA: This is about $3 cheaper at Stop 'n' Shop than at Walgreens or CVS, if you live Stateside. Go. Get some. I will be here when you come back.

Secondly . . . I cannot say enough good things about Organix' argan penetrating oil, and I am basically *made out of* superlative adjectives. I have extremely curly hair, and it tends to frizz out at the slightest provocation. For YEARS I battled my hair, but now it's actually behaving itself! And getting COMPLIMENTED! It's soft and shiny, and the ends don't split as quickly as they used to. If you'd told me about this a year ago, I would've called you a corporate shill, but I would have been stupider than an umbrella in a submarine: If this is the only semi-expensive hair product you EVER buy, you have made some Good Life Choices. Congratulations.

I have to say that although I have also had success with the conditioner from the same Organix product line, it is MUCH harder to get the last bit of product out of the conditioner bottle since it's got a weird tiny nozzle, whereas the penetrating oil comes in a bottle that's easier to empty completely. (For cheapskates like myself, this is a must.) I've also found that although the conditioner gives a similar result in terms of hair behave-ability, it's not necessary to pair the penetrating oil with the conditioner. I found the oil effective enough on its own that the conditioner was superfluous. They're the same price, so . . . I just buy two bottles of the oil at a time, instead of one bottle of oil and one of conditioner. PROGRESS!

A lot of girls grow up thinking that oil is something "bad" that must be stripped out of hair if they want it to behave. This is not true, and I wish I learned so sooner. I feared that I would feel "greasy" if I put oil in my hair, but now? Now I feel like I walked out of Botticelli's "The Birth of Venus." Yeah, you heard me, this stuff comes with its own decorative seashell and putti entourage. J/K, but it DOES come with hordes of admiring onlookers.

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

I only have the oil, but so far, I love it. I can instantly feel that my hair is softer and appears shinier when I apply it. It also reduces the look of split ends. The smell is amazing. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by HesterMofet

I've been using this for about a month now, and I don't think it's a miracle product but I will continue using it. My hair is waist length, bleached and color treated and VERY dry. I apply a good amount (about 4 drops) to the bottom half of my hair and around my hairline where I get frizzy from breakage while my hair is damp, it doesn't make my hair super shiny but it does smooth it out and make it feel soft, strong, and moisturized. I prefer to use this with another leave in treatment to really tame any frizziness and give my hair more shine. I personally think the smell is addicting, I can't stop smelling my hair right after I put this on! This might be a better product for someone with less damaged hair than mine, I may try the "intense" version after I finish my bottle. A MAJOR plus for this product is that I notice it cuts way down on the drying time for my hair, which is great becase 99% of the time I let it air dry. My only complaint is that I noticed after a few weeks my hair seemed very dry and resistant to soaking up moisture, I think this product was leaving buildup that was preventing my hair from absorbing moisture - but a wash with clarifying shampoo seemed to do the trick.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by jooelze

This does nothing for my hair. No matter how much I put in my hair looks exactly as it does before. It does not appear to add to softness, silkiness or anything.
My hair is not color treated or heat damaged, so I have different experiences with hair products than many other users.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by plastics

I have thick, wavy, coarse hair. This product did not work on my hair. It didn't seem to make it shiny or eliminate frizz. HOWEVER, and it's a big however. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell. I can't get over it. I really wish they would make the smell into a perfume because I would buy that over and over. That's the only reason I'm going to buy this product in the future. I think I'm going to take a small glob and put it on the lower half of my hair when it's dry, just to put the nice smell in my hair.

I should mention, I only tried this stuff once so far, tonight is my second time. The first time I put it in when my hair was wet and went to bed. That probably wasn't a very good way to start out with it. Tonight I'm gonna see how it is with my hair dry and then going to bed.

Anyway, like I said...I think the smell is amazing. I think it's better to put it in in the morning though, because the smell goes away after sleeping or after a few hours.