July 26, 2014 | 1098 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Lip Care Stick - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 12:53:00 PM More reviews by happilyme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just wonderful. Not only is the smell really yummy, it has a very moisturizing feel. It is easy to smooth on the lips, rather soft. It is one of my favorite lip balms and I am really picky.

I will buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

On my third tube already, and already stock up 4 more during their recent sale :)
I use this all the time, before lipstick, before bedtime, or just anytime I need lip moisture. The scent is great and yummy, and the texture is not overly waxy or minty, its just right with lipstick on top or just by itself.
The price is reasonable too...better than buying 3 drugstore brand and found out either their fomulation sucks or the tube breaks or the lipstick can not scroll back in.
Will definitely repurchase, in fact I already did so many time!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by jouissance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dashed into the Body Shop on a cold, cold New York night when the wind was tearing at my lips, in need of some instant relief and this was it. Sooo emollient and gives my lips a little shine. Definitely smells more like cocoa candy or hot chocoloate than just cocoa butter but I can stand it (and scent kills a lot of products for me). It does leave a slight oiliness on the lips but I find that more protective than unpleasant.

This is not the be-all and end-all of lip products and I would only buy it when it is subject to a special promotion but its definitely good stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 4:38:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

The reason i bought this was a promotion going on and the smell.The smell makes me wanna eat this whole thing off!!!!However, its not as rich to perform its duty well enough as a lipbalm, and it didnt soak inside my lips, just kinda, sit on top of my lips, just moisturize the surface only. Sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2008 5:13:00 PM More reviews by loliemoo

i have the one with the clear cap, not the brown cap. i got this as a present, and wow, it is amazing! it smells like chocolate..which..i guess for most people is good..but ..i prefer fruity smells better. anyways, so..i lost my regular chapstick and decided i would try this. when i put it on, it felt very smooth and is not very waxy. i just though it was an average product. however, i didn't realize how good this product was until later that day, when i realized that my lips weren't chapped, for once. (my lips are usually ALWAYS chapped and dry)..and yet..my lips were sooo smooth and soft!! woohoo! this chapstick is hg material for sure!! :]

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2008 2:50:00 AM More reviews by AliceRene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love how this stuff smells, but considering the price and the fact that I don't think it actually moisturizes, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by siknik4prez

I do not know what the hype is about this. It's just a little bit better then normal drugstore chapstick.

pros-feels good going on, nice smell

cons-price, doesn't stay on that long, and didn't feel thick enough. Felt too thin and just kind of sat there. Doesn't heal my lips, or stop chapping.

One word to describe this would be: mediocre.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 6:37:00 AM More reviews by curlylaura

I bought this when my lips were really dry and gross. I find it works great to moisturise my lips but it does seem to sit on top of them for a while before soaking in. The only down side I've found is it starts to melt of I keep it in my pocket. I'm still on my first tube of this and would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this lip balm ^^ and I usually just use TBS honey lip care. For those who haven't tried it yet, it doesn't have the exact smell of chocolate that we eat, it's cocoa, more like the smell of chocolate candy.

Very moisturising. TBS lip care range is much better than those Born Lippy, Lip Butter ranges.

I love using this when putting on Lush chocolate mask.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by LynG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like the cocoa smell of this lipbalm, however i feel that it just sits on top my lips and doesn't absorb into them. It moisturizes for only a few hours, which is not enough for my uber dry lips. It has a matte finish though and makes a decent base for lipsticks. I also like the Chapstick-like packaging which is very handy to carry around. I think this product is better suited for people who don't have perenially dry lips and just needs a basic lip moisturizer.