Almay Get Up and Grow

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'Abeille), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de Carnauba), Trisiloxane, Triethanolamine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-6, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

I really tried to like this one. I picked up the waterproof formula and haven't tried the non-waterproof- it doesnt seem like I will try it either.

It was dry, more dry than what I like plus it flaked all day long.
The volume it gave was alright but no length or curl (even when using an iron) My eyelashes look pathetic and I gave it a little while to "air out" using it for about a week. It is easy to remove, I'll give it that and nice for sensitive eye balls.

It is NOT comparable to higher end lines such as Clinique and dare I say.. I have a bit of smudging on lower lash line

I also bought this on emilynoel83's recommendation, but was sadly disappointed. The real deal-breaker is the smudging- I want a mascara that will wear all day and not leave black under my eyes.

PROS:
very little clumping
holds curl fairly well

CONS:
smudges like crazy!
adds very little volume

And although I haven't noticed any negative affects on my lashes from using this mascara, I haven't noticed anything positive either. I don't think it's made a difference in my lash growth.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I too got this mascara based on emilynoel83's review. This one didn't do it for me. The formula is very dry and not buildable. Your lashes have already dried into little clumps by the time you are ready for the second layer. The brush is long and kind of hard to work with. It lengthens and volumizes a little bit -- pretty average in both. It doesn't flake at all, but smudges a little bit on my lower lid.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I also bought this due to Emily Noel's recommendation. At first, I was sorely disappointed. It didn't seem to do anything. I still used it regularly, determined not to waste my money, and about 3 months later I noticed an improvement in performance. It started to lengthen and define my lashes quite noticeably. The texture must be too wet for the formula when new..so if you don't like it and can't return it, give it a few months and hopefully your purchase won't be in vain. I won't be repurchasing, but I am finally content with the product.

I really like how this mascara goes on. The brush is full enough to cover all of your lashes, but not so huge that it's hard to maneuver. I got it because it looked good, paying no attention to the name of it, but after about a week of using it I swear my lashes have grown! They look longer and fuller, and that is just the cherry on top of a wonderful product. I use the regular one, though I believe they have a waterproof version.

This mascara gives a nice, feathery look to your lashes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried a million and one mascaras and this one is most definitely in the top 5.

The brush is amazing. It is really large so not the best for tiny eyes or bottom lashes, but is great for naturally long/full lashes.

The formula is great, thick without being clumpy. You do not have a large window of opp for fixing mistakes tho, it dries quite fast (also the entire tube goes quickly, this is a 4-6 month max if you use daily or close to it), and it does tend to look a bill dull (rather than bright black).

For me I love the effect the brush gives, enough to overlook the few annoying things about it. I would definitely replace after a few months to keep it at top performance, I usually spend $25-$40 on mascara so this is a total steal for me, the effect is just as fabulous as the richer stuff. Definitely one I will be keeping on stock (if Almay ever decides to go cruelty-free!)

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this! It was the first mascara I've ever had and it is my favorite! But keep in mind I have tons of long dark thick lashes, people who have thinner eyelashes may get more clumps because it is a thicker formula. It looks great on me but then again one mans garbage is another man's gold.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do not recommend this mascara at all. In my 20+ years wearing make up, I have never had a mascara give me panda eyes! On my first day of use, I tried it on upper and lower lashes. The top of my eyes were fine, but the bottom was smudged up after a few hours. The next day I figured I would try it again, just on upper lashes. Same panda eyes! This apparently is a problem for many users. I should have have known to read reviews on MUA first instead of just purchasing this after a favorite You Tube make up guru's recommendation. Oh, and it not only it smudges easily, it is VERY difficult to remove. Luckily, Rite Aid has a 100% refund policy if you are not satisified with beauty products (as long as you have your receipt). I returned this today and will not be purchasing it again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is the best mascara I have ever used. Thick, long, black, beautiful lashes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For those of you who are suffering from smudging and "not holding up curls all day" issues, I suggest you get the waterproof formula which will possibly eliminate all of those issues. I almost always get waterproof mascara because of those said issues. I love this mascara so much! You have to hold up the mascara at the base/root of your lashes, wiggle it, and then slowly pull out, making sure you have most of the product at the base and not on the tip. It creates these full, natural, slightly long lashes (It's not a lengthening mascara is it), that.. really looks natural! It doesn't really look like I'm wearing any mascara, which is the result I get often with other mascaras.

I love this so much.. and it's so fast for me too. I don't have to separate the clumps using lash comb or a spoolie with this mascara, which is something I have to do with other mascaras. I LOVE IT! I probably will repurchase this again because a lot of the newer mascaras I've been trying out aren't as good as this one.

Popular Mascaras