Almay Get Up and Grow

3.5

Aqua (Water), Paraffin, Stearic Acid, Cera Alba ((Beeswax) Cire D'Abeille), Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogenated Polycyclopentadiene, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Cera Carnauba ((Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax) Cire de Carnauba), Trisiloxane, Triethanolamine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Stearyl Esters, Isosteareth-200 Linoleate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-6, Simethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black 2 (CI 77266), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 1/18/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried a million and one mascaras and this one is most definitely in the top 5.

The brush is amazing. It is really large so not the best for tiny eyes or bottom lashes, but is great for naturally long/full lashes.

The formula is great, thick without being clumpy. You do not have a large window of opp for fixing mistakes tho, it dries quite fast (also the entire tube goes quickly, this is a 4-6 month max if you use daily or close to it), and it does tend to look a bill dull (rather than bright black).

For me I love the effect the brush gives, enough to overlook the few annoying things about it. I would definitely replace after a few months to keep it at top performance, I usually spend $25-$40 on mascara so this is a total steal for me, the effect is just as fabulous as the richer stuff. Definitely one I will be keeping on stock (if Almay ever decides to go cruelty-free!)

on 1/17/2013 6:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love this! It was the first mascara I've ever had and it is my favorite! But keep in mind I have tons of long dark thick lashes, people who have thinner eyelashes may get more clumps because it is a thicker formula. It looks great on me but then again one mans garbage is another man's gold.

on 1/13/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I do not recommend this mascara at all. In my 20+ years wearing make up, I have never had a mascara give me panda eyes! On my first day of use, I tried it on upper and lower lashes. The top of my eyes were fine, but the bottom was smudged up after a few hours. The next day I figured I would try it again, just on upper lashes. Same panda eyes! This apparently is a problem for many users. I should have have known to read reviews on MUA first instead of just purchasing this after a favorite You Tube make up guru's recommendation. Oh, and it not only it smudges easily, it is VERY difficult to remove. Luckily, Rite Aid has a 100% refund policy if you are not satisified with beauty products (as long as you have your receipt). I returned this today and will not be purchasing it again!

on 1/11/2013 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara is the best mascara I have ever used. Thick, long, black, beautiful lashes.

on 1/10/2013 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For those of you who are suffering from smudging and "not holding up curls all day" issues, I suggest you get the waterproof formula which will possibly eliminate all of those issues. I almost always get waterproof mascara because of those said issues. I love this mascara so much! You have to hold up the mascara at the base/root of your lashes, wiggle it, and then slowly pull out, making sure you have most of the product at the base and not on the tip. It creates these full, natural, slightly long lashes (It's not a lengthening mascara is it), that.. really looks natural! It doesn't really look like I'm wearing any mascara, which is the result I get often with other mascaras.

I love this so much.. and it's so fast for me too. I don't have to separate the clumps using lash comb or a spoolie with this mascara, which is something I have to do with other mascaras. I LOVE IT! I probably will repurchase this again because a lot of the newer mascaras I've been trying out aren't as good as this one.

on 1/6/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this stuff! I have the oiliest skin that ever oiled. I'm talking dripping. Mascaras usually smear all over the place on me. I also have stick straight, puny, sparse lashes. This stuff made them look longer, fuller, thicker, held the curl, and did not move. Not too wet, not to dry, love the brush, love the packaging, love love love it!

UPDATE: So after using this for a couple of weeks, I noticed that it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get off. I don't have the waterproof version or anything. It's been harder for me to get off than waterproof mascaras. Also, It started clumping very quickly and stopped doing whatever I loved about it when it was brand new. I loved it the first two weeks or so, then i hated it. Will not re-purchase.

on 1/6/2013 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I love how feathery it makes my lashes. I have very short and sparse lashes. It makes my lashes appear longer and gives them volume, without looking cakey and spidery. Sometimes, I end up with panda eyes, but not always.

I admit I wasn't expecting much from this not being a fan of Almay products. I was recommended this from Emily Noel on Youtube and she is right on the money with this one! This mascara does not clump or smudge and it volumizes and lengthens beautifully. I find this actually finds the small little fringy lashes better than They're Real from Benefit. In fact I prefer this to Benefit because you do not get crunchy lashes, I actually forget I am wearing mascara because it the formula stays flexible. The formula is slightly dry which I also like. The only thing that I think they could improve on is the brush, it's a little awkward to work with at first but you get the hang of it. Don't pass this drug store winner up it's better than covergirl lash blast IMO!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Not drying like other mascaras so I do like it, but the brush is just too huge. I wish the brush were smaller. However, it is a one coat mascara for me, so I do appreciate that. I didn't get the raccoon eyes that most people mentioned because I only wear Clinique bottom lash mascara on my lower lashes so I would just suggest using a different mascara on bottom lashes due to the large brush anyway. I'd recommend it for people in a rush as long as they can work with the brush.

on 1/1/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For reference, I have long eyelashes that merely need a bit of help in the volume department. I do NOT like this mascara by itself. I will put that right out there. However, it is wonderful to layer with another formula that is too wet. I use it either as a base for another mascara, or layered on top. Today I used my L'oreal Lash out which is newer and too wet. On top of that I put a coat of Get up and Grow. My lashes look great. I do not experience any flaking, smudging, and it's easy to remove. The brush is big and full but it works. I only wish it came in a curved style! Highly recommend for those who need a "base" for other mascara formulas that have not reached that perfect consistency after a couple of weeks of use. (like the Goldilocks of mascaras.. not too wet, not to dry, but juuuuust right). Rite Aid sometimes has 40% sales on Almay.. which makes this mascara less than $5! Happy wallets and happy lashes. :)

Video Reviews & Tutorials