April 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Mascara - Almay - Get Up and Grow

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Balletstar2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

***HG*** I love this stuff! I didn't really care about the whole "get up an grow" thing, because that's not what it does for me. I have long lashes already, but not thick ones. What this does is it adds thickness and volume without adding more length, which would make me look like a clown. The color is perfect too, black, but not so black that it looks like my stage makeup. PERFECT!!!! MUST HAVE!!! Really great for a drugstore!

*from the perspective of a 14 year old*

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, that's what I get for buying a mascara based on a YT review and NOT on MUA reviews. Sigh. This mascara is yet another in a long line of disappointments. Barely noticeable with 3 coats, doesn't hold curl at all, and flaked and smudged all around my eyes each time I wore it. I can't tell you if it helped with "growth" (though I highly doubt it could), since I got rid of it after a week... which I think is a record, because I usually try to make mascaras work for me. Very unhappy with this product and would not buy again under any circumstances.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. It has a nice wand that seperates my lashes, and the product lasts all day. It is a bit dry on the lashes but it lasts all day. The color blackest black was not that black and I found after I used it for a bit the product dried up and got clumpy. I wish that is wasn't so dry otherwise it would be a really fantastic mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 10/29/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by pumpkinspiceforevar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the brush on this, and love the fact that the tube clicks shut, but that is about it! This mascara smudges under my eyes and I have NEVER had this issue with any mascara. EVER! It's not very volumizing, lengthening, or black. Barely makes a dent in my lashes. I bought this based off emilynoel89's recs on YT, but this is a fail. It's a natural looking mascara that smudges. SO NOT WHAT I LOOK FOR! Goodbye jerk *throws in trash*

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Neume

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Raccoon eyes. That's really all I can say. It smudged within ONE HOUR of application. It did give a wonderful look of length and volume, and it's one of the VERY few non-waterproof mascaras that hold a curl. I simply cannot tolerate how badly it smudged, so I had to return it :(

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I wouldn't buy this again, only because it smudges, flakes and rubs off under my eyes. I left two smeary marks on my massage therapist's face sheet thing that she drapes over the face donut on her table. I felt mortified! I always opt for the non waterproof mascaras as the waterproof are just too irritating to wash off (literally, my eyes can't take that much grief).

Having said that, I loved how black this was, really liked the shape of the brush and the ease of removal (heh). It didn't burn my eyes like some mascaras have, but I just find this too messy when I wear it. I have yet to find my HG mascara as they all either have been ok, or terrible at all the price points I've tried. I'll use this up, but won't rebuy. Luckily I get mascara every 2 months or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by Mzdede23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. It doesn't smudge (i don't have oily lids) or flake on me. Used this on bottom lashes (& i usually dont like to put mascara on them) & didnt budge. Good volume & length :) Nice, soft, fluttery looking lashes... & if the growing lashes part works, that's really just a bonus to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by yte0xl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG, This is by far the best mascara I've used. I tried bare minerals, loreal, maybeline...ect. It made them FOOLER, Longer curled and BLACK. The only part thats bad is probably to take it off even tho its not water proof you have to be gentle but make sure you get it all off. I think most that complained about the smudge its because they maybe put it too close their skin. I put it on the ends first them work my way to the roots and spin the brush as I do it. Had alot of compliments on it,

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I so wanted to give this 5 stars! I recently got this mascara and I saw reviews on here saying that it smudges but almost all mascara reviews will say that. I've never has a mascara smudge on me before so I thought it wouldn't happen to me.....but it does. Only after having this on less than a few hours I've got black smudges under my eyes. It looks terrible. On the other hand the formula is nice and dry which is perfect for my lashes and the brush is great. I have to build up this mascara but its so worth it because it makes me look like I have 10x more lashes! I just wish it wouldn't smudge! I'll use up my tube but I won't be repurchasing for obvious reasons.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by narsstars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice brush, looks good at first. After a few hours I notice "racoon eyes" from where this product has smeared/feathered under my eyes. Terrible staying power, will not repurchase.