July 23, 2014 | 1831 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

These matte lip creams are amazing! They are comparable to the matte lip creams from Stila and LimeCrime in terms of color payoff and longevity. They also smell really nice and don't dry out the lips, which is great. I have the colors in Milan, Stockholm, Abu Dhabi, Monte Carlo, and Antwerp. The only thing that I dislike about these products is the initial texture of when you are applying it to your lips - it feels almost a little oily and doesn't really have that soft, butter-like "paste" texture that Stila and Limecrime's matte lipsticks have. Regardless, I still love these and think they're highly underrated - amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by KelseyRiana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the shade that I purchased called Istanbul. It is a beautiful nude pink colour that goes very well with my pale skin! I like the texture of this product, however it does bleed and it has gotten on my teeth a couple times so I find myself licking my teeth while wearing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Niza9

I really love this product. My favorite color is San Paulo. It is a beautiful deeper pink and I really enjoy it. The consistency of the product is very nice. Creamy and feels very smooth. I would definately recommend these lip creams to everyone. I like wearing a thin layer of lip balm underneath just to smooth it out nicely and it looks great. I would repurchase this color and I would love to try some of the others!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I haaaAaaaAATE this stuff. Like words cannot describe how much I detest this product. I bought the NYX Mortal Instruments kit thing and the soft matte lip cream in Istanbul I believe the shade was, came with it. Maybe I dislike it so much because I'm not a lip gloss kind of person but I read somewhere that these were supposed to be somewhat of a dupe for the Velvetines by Lime Crime but oh honey, no they are not.
If you have any kind of dryness or ridges in your lips, don't even think about trying this, it will not work for you. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like it just sits there on top of the lips, it doesn't soak in at all, it just kind of looks like you're wearing a thick pink coat of stuff on your mouth. Then if you leave it on long enough, it bleeds everywhere and gets all over everything and just...ugh. I tossed it out literally the day I got it. I wouldn't even think about giving it to anyone it's so horrible.
The only upside to the product is that the packaging is very high quality, the handle has a really nice feel to it and the applicator is very sturdy. The smell is also quite nice, reminiscent of vanilla.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Arifishface

I tried this on my hand first (thank god) about a week ago and it gave it a dry, scaly, patch almost resembling ringworm that is still taking sometime to heal. This may have been the sample I tried or the fact I used on an area it isn't intended for but I just wanted other users to know my experience

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Nyx is one of my favorite drugstore brands of all time but they're lip products are my favorite out of any other brand that exists, high end or drugstore. They come out with the best and more creative products and these matte lip creams are no exception.

-I own the shades Instanbul and Stockholm. Instanbul is a nude pink and Stockholm is a peachy caramel nude. Both are perfect for everyday and very neutral and easy to wear.
-the texture isn't a glossy or a lipstick. It's a very creamy, smooth moussey texture. Light as air and not heavy on the lips. Doesn't feel like your wearing anything at all.
-Even though they're matte, they're not drying whatsoever on the lips. However if you have dry or chapped lips beforehand I recommend using a lip scrub or a chapstick before applying these. They dry matte and on the lips and can accentuate any dry skin.
-they smell like vanilla cake batter. YUM!
-the price is amazing. 5 dollars at Ulta for me :D
-great range of colors. They have a couple reds, some peachy colors, coral shades, some pinks and fuscia colors. There's something for everyone.
-packaging is very small and compact. Perfect to go in your purse or a makeup bag. Plastic package with a rubberized black cap.
-I know this doesnt really matter but I LOVE the names they came up with. All after country capitals. Very creative.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ravenska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have 3 color of this lipstick : antwerp, stockholm, and sao paolo

i think this is my HG matte lipstick..first i bought the stockholm, the nude one and it's amazing, because it's matte it looks like your natural lip color, so usually i'm adding burt bee's lip shimmer to give a fresher look

a few months after i bought the antwerp&sao paolo, the antwerp didn't really suit me, i have to mix it with lip balm or clear gloss but still i don't regret buying it

and my favourite is sao paolo, the color is i think fuschia and if i smudge it on my lips it looks like a lip tint, and what is so amazing about this lipstick is not drying and the staying power is quite long

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

yes! yes ! $5 and you better have more than one. extra cream can be worn alone or over lipstick. I love these well I love all nyx. check out my review on youtube-fearless femme.
you can not go wrong to keep those lips pretty and moisturized.
NYX is the greatest!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by OneHelluvaMichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've got these in Amsterdam and Antwerp. I like them both, but I like Amsterdam more. These smell a bit like vanilla frosting, but the smell fades pretty quickly so it doesn't bother me. They can be fairly drying. I wore Amsterdam for a few hours without needing a touch up, but did have to put some chap stick over it because my lips were so dry. After that, they were good as new.

The colors are really pigmented. One coat and they're opaque.

Amsterdam dries completely for me, but for some reason Antwerp will only dry most of the way. It doesn't "set" the way Amsterdam does, feels a bit tacky.

Overall, I really like these. I'll probably buy a few more in other colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this! I have it in the color SMLC12 Buenos Aires (picture attached) It's a stunning bright pinky-peach color perfect for summer. I took off one lippy because it is drying so make sure to exfoliate and wear a balm under. It smells delightful like cake frosting almost. I recommend this