NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (All)

4.1

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Dimethicone, Beeswax, Glyceryl Behenate / Eicosadioate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone / Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Isohexadecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Parfum. May Contain: CI77019 (Mica) / CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI15850 (D&C Red 6 Na. Salt), CI15850 (D&C Red 7 Ca Lake), CI15985:1 (FD&C Yellow 6 Al Lake), CI19140:1 (FD&C Yellow 5 Al Lake), CI45410 (D&C Red 28 Al Lake), CI77491 (Iron Oxide Red), CI77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow), CI77499 (Iron Oxide Black), CI77742 (Manganese Violet), CI77891 (Titanium Dioxide)

on 7/31/2014 12:09:00 PM

I have a love/hate relationship with this. I have finalized My pros and cons.

PROS:
•color pay off is great
•goes on very silky
•staying power is amazing

CONS:
•sets into creases and lines in lips
•after a few hours even though it does stay really well, it somewhat flakes
•don't use if lips are chapped

That's all I've really come up with while using this product. I probably would repurchase but I'm not sure yet... If you don't like this i recommend using the butter gloss'.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

These are amazinggg. I have 2 already. Istanbul and Milan. They are literally a cream! Like lipsticks blended up and put in a tube. It's lovely and smooth I think they are wonderful

on 7/29/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These lip creams are a dream to apply. The doe foot applicator is actually not a hindrance at all! They really help with applying this cleanly onto your lips. Because these are matte, definitely exfoliate before you use these.

I have Antwerp, Ibiza and Prague. They're all beautiful and apply well. Antwerp is definitely a softer mauve pink, Ibiza pops more like a deeper pink and Prague is a medium berry.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have four of these products and absolutely love them. Cheap, easy to apply, easy to wear, long-lasting, and the line has a great color selection. They're not drying like other matte lip products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really love this product! I purchased two shades- San Paulo & Monte Carlo. The first thing that really drew my attention to these lipsticks, is the fact that they are meant to be matte, but still feel non drying and velvety. I felt skeptical about trying these, because I've rarely purchased matte lispticks that come with the advantage of not drying out the lips too much. However, I'm very glad that I took a chance in trying this lipstick. For the first few hours of wearing this lisptick (3-4 hours), i legit felt like I didn't have any lipstick on my lips-meaning it wasn't drying at all. When it comes to 8-10 hours of wearing it, that's when it becomes somewhat drying but that's such a long time, so im not complaining. The longevity is amazing, as it lasts me a good 8 hours, including eating and drinking. I find applying this product to be pretty easy, as the applicator is like your typical lip gloss applicator, and I find that to be a pro, as it gives me a boost in really outlining my lips to perfection. I sometimes also pair this lisptick with a lip liner, because I find that it makes my lips even richer in colour and even longer lasting. Another plus about this product is that it also gives your lips that fuller look, and I love that so much. The scent is nice(a light sweet vanilla scent), and the price is quite affordable ($12 each, Australian prices).

Overall, I really love this product, and I would definitely repurchase!! If you're looking for a nice matte lipstick that isn't too drying and has great longetivity, then please give this a go. There are a great range of colours to choose from, and they are reasonably priced, so yeah. Give them a go, because you could really end up loving them as much as I do :) x

on 7/14/2014 10:16:00 PM

I have so many of these by now. I love them so much. I was kinda late on the new colors that they came out with. But I picked up the Athene nude color and another dark berry color (forgot the name) from the new collection. I have several other shades of these and I love them all. Yes they sometimes emphasize imperfections but it depends which color you get. My lighter/nude shades tend to settle into my lines which isn't cute but I just have to exfoliate before putting those colors on. Otherwise the darker colors go on beautifully and easily. They are the perfect consistency and pigmentation to me. I can sheer them out or layer them depending on how intense I want them to look on me. Lip balm underneath these babies and you're good to go. I've been a big fan of this line for years now. Love love love the scent and the packaging!

on 7/14/2014 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Got 5 of these babies during the 4th of July sale ULTA had. All NYX products were 40% off! Wow what great timing. Just as I was eyeballing these lippies! 😍 The formula is great for the price! It's matte but not drying like a lot of matte lipsticks are. When you apply it on it feels like a thick mouse, and then when it dries you can barely tell you even have anything on your lips cause it's so light! Boy, let me tell you these lippies are PIGMENTED! The only suggestions I have is as follows: exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! This cream will settle into any crack or flake and it will be extremely visible! And if you have sensitive lips, don't reach for the darker shades because they have a strange firm/tight feeling.... I don't know exactly how to describe it but it you try it you'll know what I mean. It's nothing I've ever felt before with a lip product. But eventually as you go on with your day, you forget about the feeling....

on 7/6/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I tried this product in the color Monte Carlo and I thought the color payoff was pretty good for a drugstore brand. The only thing I don't like about it is that it smells heavily of cake mix from a box. Luckily, it doesn't taste like it or awful at all. It also seems to last longer than most drugstore lipsticks. All in all, I am in love with the product and love the color range they have. Definitely choose this over their butter lipstick.

on 7/4/2014 11:44:00 PM

Color pay off is crazy !!! The color you see on the outside of the tube is EXACTLY what you'll get.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have five of these, three that I bought separately and two from The It List boxes, and I am always wonderfully impressed for the first ten minutes after application. The colours are beautiful, rather unique, extremely opaque and very comfortable. The packaging is simple but cute, as everything else NYX is, and the doe-foot applicator is easy to use.

However, after ten minutes every single time I can feel that my lips have dried out, and upon looking in the mirror see that it has sunk into my lip lines and looks awful! I always exfoliate and wear lip balm under this, and wear a lip hydrating mask most nights but it makes no difference to me for this particular product. This would probably be great for someone with normal or oily skin but unfortunately it is unusable for myself. I won't buy any more.

Top Rated NYX Products