August 29, 2014 | 967 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product was a fail for me. I have the color Istanbul which is a pretty pink, but that is all that I can nicely say for this. This is very drying and it makes my lips feel like they do not have a drop of moisture left in them. It also exaggerates every line in my lip, definitely need to sugar scrub your lips first. And it smells like plastic. I'm sticking to butter glosses and the regular NYX glosses

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love it! I keep this in my pencil case if I need to touch up my lips during school; I love the scent, the feeling, and everything about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Angelseleena

I have two of the matte lip creams in "Milan" & "Instanbul" . I'm one of those girls who loves to sport natural eyes and a bold lip everyday. I feel naked without something on my lips. For a while, I only wore lipgloss and then I started experimenting with lipsticks and different finishes, this is relevant to this review because my favourite finish is matte and I tend to lean more towards matte finishes then creamy ones. The pros of matte lip products is that they tend to last longer because they are a little more drying. The con or course is that they're a little drying. So, first of all let me say that they really should write it on the packaging that these are stains as well. They last FOREVER and the color doesn't budge. You'll need to remove this with some makeup remove. Where I'm from, they're hard to find but they're sold for 8 dollars. They smell of vanilla & the colours are true to they're packaging. Milan is a nice bubble gym pink, perfect for a pop of colour for everyday. Instanbul is a nude pink which looks great with smokey eyes. If you have an issue with certain products drying your lips out then stay away from this product and maybe opt for they're Xtreme lip dreams instead since they are not matte and not as drying. But if you're a matte lip lover then this is definitely for you! Would definitely recommend. Xx

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just Bought a trio of theis matte lip cream at target a month ago. The package contains a light shade (Tokyo), a medium shade (Antwerp), and a dark shade (Addis Ababa) and WOW! this product is amazing!

-It smells like soft candy
-It Applies like a cream but get matte instantly after application
-The applicator is easy to operate
-The package is small and cute
-If you do not lick your lips too often, a single application can last up to 3 or 4 hours
-The price is very low for such a good quality!

This soft matte lip cream is ideal for anyone with oily / shiny skin (like me) because it avoids looking like a mirror - like when wearing a lip gloss -

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by rcmd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the colour, but after a minute or so it settles into the cracks in my lips so I can't wear it. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with dry lips.

I bought it in another colour (Antwerp) as I had high hopes for the lip cream, but I'll have to sell it as the formula doesn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Has a smooth, matte texture. Not too drying on the lips. Has a wide variety of colours and good for everyday. Not bad for the price :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by snaket0ngue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

These are amazing drugstore lip creams. While they are incredibly drying, that's to be expected with anything matte. However, moisturizing your lips before or applying a thin layer of balm over it solves the dryness without losing the matte finish. I only have Monte Carlo, but it is an absolutely GORGEOUS red for darker skin tones. It makes your teeth look three shades whiter and does not budge once it has set into place. I've gone through lunches AND dinners and this has still been on! But, they remove easily with makeup remover. They are incredibly creamy as well, so in order to build up the color, you have to wait for layers to dry before applying another layer, or else it kind of just smears around. However, they are really pigmented so you may find yourself only needing one layer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Rubymm

I don't love the colour Amsterdam I really doesn't suit me at all but I think Monte Carlo will! I also don't like the way it feels on my lips but if i had a good colour I would put up with it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by kenji2221

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Purchased NYX's matte lip cream last week and finally got to put it to use last night! I had seen these around for over a year but never really swatched them or gave them a shot until I saw one of my favorite YTers wearing this. Since I'm a huge fan of nudes, I picked up Stockholm. It is the PERFECT nude. Not too light, not too dark, not too pink . . . just a great neutral shade for my NC42 skin. I paired it with VS's lip liner in brown sable and it made for a great date night lip. Natural but still sexy/ pouty. Lasting power was ok. It rubbed off on my wine glass a little bit but since it was a natural shade no one could really notice. Texture was very soft and creamy, which made application a breeze. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by lovelylucy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i l o v e these!! everything about them , the color selection, the formula, how they get matte after they set on my skin, everything. lol i like how they get matte after but they dont make my lips look too dry even though i have dry lips right now. Price-wise these are ok $5 at target not that bad. I want to get all the colors available