April 21, 2014 | 1196 users online

Lips - NYX - Soft Matte Lip Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by ayevalen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

pros:
- I bought these in istanbul and antwerp and the colors look really pretty on me
- i have pigmented lips, so it works well on me.
- I love the vanilla ice cream scent of this product
- it does not leave a stain on my glass when I drink which i'm really happy about
- it lasts long on my lips

cons:
- it's a little hard to evenly apply (it's patchy)
- it dries on lips so I'll have to put on lip balm first
- it runs out really fast
however I still could overcome the cons and i think I would repurchase it :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't understand how people like this so much? It literally lasts like 1 1/2 hours for me and when it fades, it fades really patchy and ugly. I like the texture and finish and color and everything, but it WOULD NOT last and faded really ugly... and I wasn't eating or licking my lips or anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

I purchased the colour Tokyo at Target for $7.99
The colour is nice but I don't find it overly pigmented on me. If I wear this I usually apply something else over it cause it makes a pretty good base coat. I don't find it overly drying on the lips which is a bonus for a matte product. Lasting power isn't the best compared to other matter lip products. The smell is amazing. It smells like vanilla cupcakes. I would buy again cause I do like it for layering. Maybe my lips are just to pigmented for it to really pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by joc267

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Awesome colour. Great matte, smooth and soft texture. Lasts a few hours but will need retouching after meals. I find that if I keep reapplying once or twice the entire day my lips don't dry out and the colour and texture remains beautiful on the lips. I am slowly collecting them all because I love them so much. The smell doesn't bother me or taste bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by NicoleRay719

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! Got this in "Tokyo" on a whim. Ulta has all NYX 40% off and the $3.50 off $10 can be used as well, which made this lovely flat baby pink lip color an amazing $2.50! Can't beat that with a stick! When I first put it on I was not impressed, but after I allowed the product to dry on my lips, I was sooooo happy I didn't wipe it off with my initial impression! This dried BEAUTIFULLY to a soft powdery finish and didn't have much (if any) transfer when I used a straw. Love the color! I put the Butter Gloss in "Eclair" over it and have found my new HG lip routine for spring and summer! Will definitely purchase more combos of the two products (soft matte lip cream & butter gloss)... Especially since the prices are so stinking amazing right now! Love NYX and The YouTubers who introduced me to all this! Jaclyn Hill, Casey Holmes, Nicole Guerriero

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 5:38:00 AM More reviews by nanadinside

I got this in Abu Dhabi, and it's a perfect nude color for my skin tone. I LOVE the matte finish, and how the color "come out" without having to apply second or third layer as you usually do with lipsticks. The staying power is awesome, as long as you don't eat, especially anything oily. It doesn't get into the creases of my lips (those cracks when your lips are dry). Use a bit of foundation before to make it stays longer (it'll make your lips feel dry tho), and set the finish with lip balm. I WOULD DEFINITELY buy this again, antwerp and milan seems cute. It cost more in my country than in USA tho, around $9.5 in my country. But this product worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by ElizabethCML

All day stay! (As long as you don't eat) I am able to where this for 6hr and still looks perfect! I love all the shades. They go on smooth and creamy but latter dry to your lips and stay all day. Nice pigmentation, they are amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by xlucyxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE! make sure u use a nice lip balm or else it'll dry u out. otherwise, it stays on all day comfortably. I bought every color cuz I'm absolutely obsessed!

Of them all, Tokyo seems to be the most drying =[

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by anjalib92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love the color payoff of this! I have the shade San Paolo and its a brilliant pop of color on the lips. I love the matte finish as well
My reason for giving it a 4 is because it is a bit drying on the lips. I find that I need to lick my lips from the dryness and then my lip color starts to come off :(
Also I noticed a decent amount of color transfer from my lips to cups that I drink out of.

But for the price, I would definitely recommend this and would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by laurenmn

This is a very good value for the price. I have no idea what the name of the color is that I have, but I really like the product in general. It's a bit drying, but if you put on balm a few minutes before application it really lessens the drying effect. The color is fairly opaque and I like the matte finish. If you pat some balm on top after, it keeps the matte finish and it makes it much more comfortable. I love it.