Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysillicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon 12, Sythetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Calcium Aluminum Borosillicate, Silica, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5, Black 2, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 40

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Wet n Wild's Trio in Silent Treatment is one of their very popular Color Icon Eyeshadow Trios. Wet n Wild says that their "coordinating trio shades take the guess work out of creating the perfect eye look. These how-to palettes are created to highlight, define, and accentual specific eye colors to create unique looks." Wet n Wild offers 12 Color Icon Trios, all of them are super pretty. I recently bought Silent Treatment on sale for $1.49. These trios normally retail for $2.99 for 3.5g (.12 oz). Wet n Wild does not test it's products on animals. These eyeshadows were made in China.
Like with most Wet n Wild products, packaging is really cheaply made. A black plastic tray with a clear flip up lid. The packaging cracks easily. A diagram explaining where to use each shade and some product info can be found on the back label. The label can be peeled up to show an ingredient list, but they always split on me, making the ingredients impossible to read. A small brush and sponge tip applicator are included, but they both suck, so I tossed them.
Silent Treatment is made up of three neutrals with a twist, the kind of shades Wet n Wild is really good at making. Each shade has the suggest placement carved into it. Of course you don't need to use the shadows in their assigned place, it's merely a suggestion, however they do look great as Wet n Wild intended. Wet n Wild promises "all day crease resistant color" from their eyeshadow formula, a claim easily achieved with eyeshadow primer. I haven't tested any Wet n Wild shadows without primer cause I think wearing shadows without primer is a silly, silly thing to do. As usual, the all over texture of the shadows is great. I'll go into more detail of each shade's exact texture in the next paragraph. I will warn you that these, and just about all Wet n Wild eyeshadows are extremely fragile and need to be treated with care, Silent Treatment is no exception. None of these three shades produces any noticeable fallout.
The eyelid shade is the reason I bought this trio. A pearly, mauvey taupe. I'd call this shade a boarder line duo-chrome. The tone of this shade varies greatly on how much you apply, how it's blended, the shades it's used with and the angle it's viewed from. On me it leans a bit more taupe usually. This shade is often compared to MAC's Satin Taupe, but I can't confirm that it's a dupe because I haven't tried Satin Taupe, I do want to though. This eyeshadow is a beautiful shade, complex and saturated with pigment and so, so blendable, but not so blendable that the color becomes muted. The texture in the pan and on the skin is so buttery soft and smooth, it's incredible. This trio is worth it for this shade alone.
The crease shade is interesting. It's a deep, plummy brown with gold and rose gold glitter. Though its still soft and blendable, it's texture is a little drier than the other two shades. Depending on how you apply it the crease shade can be quite intense or just a subtle hint of added depth. The drier texture of the crease shade stems from the matte base of the shade. The glitters can be blended away if you try hard enough.
The browbone shade gives Silent Treatment some warmth. This shade is quite soft, a little too soft, I've knicked it twice. The color is very soft and pigmented but not super saturated like the eyelid shade. The color is a yellow tinted peach with soft hints of shimmer. Like the other two shades it blends wonderfully and really pulls the look together.
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Silent Treatment is a well put together palette of unexpected but fully wearable neutrals. Each shade in this trio has a wonderful texture with top notch pigmentation and great blendability. Using these eyeshadows as directed creates a very pretty, light look that's great for any occasion and any time of day. I'm addicted to Wet n Wild's Silent Treatment, I've used it nearly every day since I bought it. Its going to be heard to break away from it to create new looks and test other eyeshadows. I will definitely repurchase this eyeshadow trio if I ever work my way all the way through it, which I can definitely see myself doing. I think this eyeshadow trio is going to be a go-to product when I go back to work. I think everyone needs Silent Treatment in their lives. It'll suit just about anyone and at $3 it's a product just about everyone can afford it with just their pocket change.

on 9/25/2012 7:54:00 PM

Wow! I'm really impressed by these Wet n Wild eyeshadows! Now, I'm not a professional makeup girl or anything, but IMO these are AMAZEBALLS! The are very soft, pigmented and blendable. I really love the trio in particular for that bottom toupey shade! It's really pretty on the lids! And for 3 bucks... You can't beat it!

on 9/19/2012 4:12:00 PM

I absolutely love this product! You really can't beat the price and I bought it mostly for the eyelid shade. It is the most gorgeous taupe with a hint of plum purple in it. I love wearing this on it's own because I find the crease shade is a little too dark for my extremely fair skin. Overall, you can't go wrong with these. Extremely creamy and pigmented for $3!

on 9/12/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love everything about this shadow trio.

This overall looks like a warm grey mild smoky eye on me. The pinky brow color keeps it from washing me out, and I love the other two colors as well.

I use all my shadows with primer, and I see minimal, if any fallout on this one.

I bought this for a work-appropriate alternative to my usual bronze-brown eyecolor, and it delivers. The price is perfect, too.

I first bought this for the eyelid color- very pretty while still being work appropriate. The texture is buttery soft and highly pigmented, and it lasts a substantial amount of time without moving around- even without a primer. The other two shades I ignored- the brown/black was too dark for the crease and the pink did nothing. It was the only shadow I carried with me.

Unfortunately, even before I hit bottom the product sort of internally combusted inside its packaging, the shadows turning to powder and getting all smeared together. You couldn't even see into the container it was so powdery, much less open it without making a highly pigmented mess. I tossed it.

I found myself reaching for this product again, however, when I was looking for a shadow to use wet to line between my lashes. The crease shade came to mind, and it's perfect. Smooth, easy wet application with a liner brush without any fallout. The color is perfect for me, dark but not too harsh, and it lasts longer than any drugstore liner/shadow I've used (no racoon eyes after a long day!). I would definitely recommend giving this product a shot. The packaging sucks and you should use your own brushes, but the price is right. As I said earlier- best drugstore shadow/liner I've tried.

on 9/6/2012 10:34:00 PM

I like this trio and I would recommend it. My only caveat is that you do get what you pay for... colors look amazing for the first few hours but noticeably fade by evening, even with primer (I use UDPP). Good for day but I would wear something longer-lasting to go out.

hell yes i would repurchase. that purplish taupe is amaazing in this trio.
i have a bunch of shades similiar to this.. but this one is seriously amazing. Not just for the price, but these shadows rival high-end shadows for sure.

I wore this with Maybellines colour tattoo tough as taupe as a base. The taupe color on top as a lid color. Burberry's almond as a transition/crease colour, and the dark brown in this trio as the outer corner color.. and i love how it turned out. oh and mac's vanilla as a brow highlight and revlon's new cream stick color in torched as a inner corner high light.

i've been using this trio a lot since getting it.. which is honestly something i do not do often since i have so many eyeshadows as is..

highly recommend, and really, for the price, you just can't go wrong.

on 8/26/2012 1:01:00 AM

I'm so impressed with WnW lately. Silent Treatment has perfectly coordinated, well pigmented, wonderfuly textured shades. Can be worn day (definitely work appropriate) or night. Can be applied many different ways and not just how the packaging suggests. This is so worth however much it costs, which is already dirt cheap. Nothing but praise for this product! If you like Comfort Zone give this a try.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Magnificent!
This review is for those brand snobs. You know, those makeup junkies that will only use Chanel, MAC and other department store brands. You joke and say "Oh daaahling, my 10 year old daughter uses WnW." Well, I've tried a lot of department store brand shadows myself and I have to admit this trio can certainly play with the big boys!
Silent Treatment is a wonderful warm toned sultry trio. I adore the lid shade because it is a smoky warm grey with subtle shimmer. Most greys are cool based so I find this lid shade unique and very pretty. The crease shade is super pigmented. I only needed one light flick in the pan with my crease brush to accomplish two dark finished creases! The crease shade is a dark shimmery taupey-brown. The highlight shade is a light peach and matte. In my opinion, I feel this trio is a nice day to night neutral palette.

on 8/10/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like Mac eyeshadow, but I will buy drugstore brands. Actually I buy drugstore brands all the time, sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and sometimes I'm disappointed. I bought this product and was surprised because the eyeshadow isn't complete crap like most eyeshadows DS or HE. It does have a nice smooth texture, similar to some of my Too Faced eyeshadows. I will be honest and say for myself that I really only liked the taupy lid color. The other two colors are nice, but the highlight color is sorta light and meh. The darker crease color is just waaaaay to dark for me. I was able to control the crease color, but I hate colors that dark. I like to have some control over my eyeshadow and how dark it goes because I'm fairer and have small eyes. Dark colors like the crease color in this palette can get overwhelming on me quick so I depotted the shadows and through this one away. I think it would look great on skintones that are darker, deeper than my own or on someone that likes this sort of rich, deep color.

All in all this is a nice affordable eyeshadow palette. I will be buying more eyeshadows from wet n wild in the future! :)