July 29, 2014 | 1064 users online

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrival

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Magnificent!
This review is for those brand snobs. You know, those makeup junkies that will only use Chanel, MAC and other department store brands. You joke and say "Oh daaahling, my 10 year old daughter uses WnW." Well, I've tried a lot of department store brand shadows myself and I have to admit this trio can certainly play with the big boys!
Silent Treatment is a wonderful warm toned sultry trio. I adore the lid shade because it is a smoky warm grey with subtle shimmer. Most greys are cool based so I find this lid shade unique and very pretty. The crease shade is super pigmented. I only needed one light flick in the pan with my crease brush to accomplish two dark finished creases! The crease shade is a dark shimmery taupey-brown. The highlight shade is a light peach and matte. In my opinion, I feel this trio is a nice day to night neutral palette.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I like Mac eyeshadow, but I will buy drugstore brands. Actually I buy drugstore brands all the time, sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised and sometimes I'm disappointed. I bought this product and was surprised because the eyeshadow isn't complete crap like most eyeshadows DS or HE. It does have a nice smooth texture, similar to some of my Too Faced eyeshadows. I will be honest and say for myself that I really only liked the taupy lid color. The other two colors are nice, but the highlight color is sorta light and meh. The darker crease color is just waaaaay to dark for me. I was able to control the crease color, but I hate colors that dark. I like to have some control over my eyeshadow and how dark it goes because I'm fairer and have small eyes. Dark colors like the crease color in this palette can get overwhelming on me quick so I depotted the shadows and through this one away. I think it would look great on skintones that are darker, deeper than my own or on someone that likes this sort of rich, deep color.

All in all this is a nice affordable eyeshadow palette. I will be buying more eyeshadows from wet n wild in the future! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by MrzVentura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was shocked at the color payoff from this item.....it was buy one get one 50 percent off at CVS and I LOVE the looks you can make with this..will def go back and buy other shades. LOVE this

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2012 5:37:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I originally love Color Icon shadows so much that I purchased this set thinking that all colors were created equal. I used the "lust" collection and loved it very much. This one is less soft, smooth, shimmery, and more dry and crusty. I ended up throwing it away. For the price, it isn't too bad even if it didn't work out. It's only $3-4 dollars. I can't use a single color in this collection. I think it's great that they include 2 types of applicator (the rounded cushiony type and sharp angled brush type). They break apart even though they only remain on my vanity table the whole time. Maybe I'll try another color set. This particular color set didn't work out for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by tubbyloves

This is my go-to palette for an everyday or night time look. It is so versatile and can be used to create natural or dramatic looks.
I love every shade in this trio and it compliments each other soo well.
It looks great with monolids and all the shades have a great satin/shimmer to them which allows your eyes to look instantly more awake.
They are pigmented, smooth and very easy to apply. They blend effortlessly and no fall-out.
Great quality for the price and this is one of my all time favourites.

p.s. The browbone shade is a dupe for MAC's Naked Lunch. I own it and I can say they give the same effect on the lids and WNW deserves much love for this product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by MonMon44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this trio. The eyelid color is so pretty and very pigmented, and it's so soft with a creamy feel to it. The crease color is SCARY pigmented which is good but bad for beginners like me. All you have to do is tap your brush in the crease color (that's right tap!) The browbone color really doesn't do much for me since its pigmentation isn't that great. Overall an amazing trio, would purchase again and again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought several of these trios on sale. This was one of the ones I swapped away.

Why? Well....it just wasn't one of my favorites. The colors were pigmented and buttery, as expected with WNW, but just not for me. I have similar shades to the crease and lid, and this trio was getting no love. Plus, the crease shade is a little hard to work with.

It still deserves a 4 for its general goodness, but I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty good trio for the price, especially since I got it with a coupon. The crease color is incredibly pigmented, and actually looks more black on me than brown, and the shimmer doesn't show up on me. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not quite what I was expecting. I'm not a huge fan of taupe (sue me), but the taupe in this is pretty, I just don't wear it much because I'm not hugely attracted to taupe. The highlight color is WAY too dark be a highlight on me. It works beautifully as a pretty peachy lid color, though. I probably wouldn't buy it again, but that's only because I get bored of eye shadow and like to switch it up when I buy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

DEFINITELY believe the hype on this product! I promise you, you will not be disappointed in this set of colors. The texture, the pigmentation, and the lasting power are all amazing.

I am a high end makeup girl; both by choice and by necessity. I have extremely sensitive skin and eyes, and I also wear contact lenses. I can't even begin to list all of the horrible drugstore (and even some high end) makeup that's broken me out since I was a preteen. Therefore, I shop very carefully for cosmetics purchased outside of department stores. I make sure to comb reviews for complaints of break outs or irritation, and I always check out swatch pictures for quality.

With Wet n Wild's eye makeup, I was very worried about having an allergic reaction, but the swatches of this trio were so gorgeous that I couldn't resist. Thank God I didn't; this set of colors instantly became my favorite, and I've actually hit pan on the browbone color less than two months in. The color is a beautiful, subtle peach that I never expected to fall passionately in love with! (I'm much more of a purple girl than a neutral girl.) It looks great with ANYTHING. Sometimes I swipe it all over the lid and only add some mascara and people compliment me on how beautiful I look.

I don't own MAC Satin Taupe, but everyone says that the eyelid shade is an exact dupe. It's a gorgeous, minky shade that can pull grey, brown, or even a little plum depending on what you pair it with. I adore this shade. It's another one that looks great on the lid, with some winged gel eyeliner and a hot pink lip. I also wear it as a wash for running errands. Even without a primer, it lasts all day.

The middle crease shade is the only one that I have a minor complaint about. In the pan, this deep chocolate brown has golden, champagne glitter that is just to die for. On the skin, however, the glitter is lost. There's still a very lovely sheen and shimmer to this shade, but it's a bit drier than the other two. It's not a big deal; it still looks very smoldery and sexy in the crease. I just wish it looked more like it does in the pan! This is the only reason I took off one lippie, but even then, I'd still give this product an overall 4.5 stars!

All in all, you cannot find better eyeshadows for the price. I was bowled over by the fact that for $2.99, you can get three lovely shades that compliment one another just as well as they compliment other eyeshadows in your collection. I plan on buying two back-up ASAP, because I want one for my emergency makeup kit, and one to use when I run out of this trio, which I definitely will. I use it weekly and can't get enough of it!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm just here to agree with everyone else - the taupe shade in this trio is beautiful. It's buttery and soft and it looks lovely by itself.

Which is good, because I can't use this crease color AT ALL. It's terrifically pigmented and dark and I am not good enough at eyeshadow to place it precisely. Instead it gets all over my eyelid and once I even had to take all the makeup off and start over again. Now I just forgo the sparkly black.

I haven't used the highlight color yet, but it looks pretty and fairly foolproof. My recommendation: Buy it, because the taupe is sophisticated and pretty. But the crease color is rated EXPERT.