August 28, 2014 | 1832 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - Lip Perfection

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2011 5:42:00 PM More reviews by hanzgrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am still looking for the lipsticks that would look good on me.Went online on covergirl.com to know which lipsticks would look good on my medium/tan skin with warm undertone.It suggested a lot of colors, so I went to Walmart but got Temptation ,impassion and delight.Right off the tube temptation and impassion had that orangey,goldish color which looks customey on me.I have to apply it lightly or have to mix it with other colors for it to work.Delight had that lovely pink color on the tube but looks sheer on my lips even after several applications,I have to put on a nude lip liner then Delight after that ,it gives me a pinky nude color that I actually like,makes my lips look thicker.Very moisturizing though.I don't know if I just did not get the right colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh, how I wanted to love this. I don't recall the color I got....it was a tad too bright pink for my taste but I was planning to exchange it for another color because the formula is a total dream....silky, smooth, with a delicate sheen, crisp edges, feels gorgeous, looks smooth and wonderful, bold pigment, etc.....but as much as I tried, I could not get past the taste. It was horrendous. Some lipstick fragrances don't bother me, but this one I could not ignore. Such a shame.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by starbound25

I absolutely LOVE these lipsticks. They are my HG of lipsticks. I have about 12 of them and if there were more shades that suited me I would buy them too. I did a video review as well:

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by KateXOXOXO

I recently bought CG Lip Perfection in shade 395 Darling from my local Shoppers Drugmart for about $9 CDN. Darling is a frosty, cool soft pink in the tube, but goes on a bright bubblegum pink with a little bit of shimmer I've only noticed outside in natural light. It's hard to say if it's a warm or cool pink while it's on. I was hoping from the colour on the bottom of the tube, that it would be a bit more mauve but hey, it's mine now.

It last up to four hours without a lip primer or pencil, but a lot less when you eat or drink. It smells funny, but it fades after a while. It tastes a little chemically too.

I have only been wearing it for 4 days so far so I can't tell you if the "silk therapy" thing really works, but so far my lips haven't felt any more moisturized. It goes on smoothly but I wouldn't say it feels like silk. I haven't noticed any staining, like so many of these reviews led me to believe there would be.

Overall I rate it a three, all the cons even out the pros.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by verner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had four of these. Darling, Heavenly, Romance and Coquette. Romance I threw away. Made my lips looked GRAY. Really. I have very pigmented lips and the other colors turned really weird on me. Darling turned a frosty pink and made my lips looked wrinkled. And all of them have this awful smell and tasted like plastic. Heavenly turned bright orange and Coquette, "Frost city" plum. Cannot find a color I liked and I wished there is a indication on these whether these are creams, shimmer or frost. Won't be buying these again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 2:55:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I have 9 of these (sultry, darling, heavenly, spellbound, divine, flame, fairytale, temptress & siren). Oddly, ALL of these colors turn very pink on me. Regardless of what the color is supposed to be, i.e. divine is very purple in the tube, it turns out to be a hot pink/fucshia color on me. They remind me of those mood lipsticks that always turn a certain color based on your body's chemistry.

Also, these are more like a lip stain than a lipstick. If you're wearing a particular color, be ready to commit to that color all day, because they stain your lips like crazy.

I also find that if you apply this throughout the day, your lips will be chaffed and chapped because the formula is very drying.

I found that the best way to use these is to apply with a lip brush in very thin layers. Because of the staining power, you don't need much product. It also gives a matte finish (which I love) that you can control by adding more lipstick or a gloss on top of.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Rorien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The number one problem I have with lipsticks is the lack of moisture it gives to my lips. Because of this, I usually stick to lip glosses. I noticed CoverGirl has a new line of lipsticks and was immediately attracted to the cute & sleek packaging. To my surprise, this drugstore lipstick exceeded my expectations. Not only is CoverGirl LipPerfection incredibly moisturizing, they offer a variety of gorgeous colors too!

Application for this lipstick goes on very smooth and creamy. Like I said before, maintaining moisture is the number one feature I look for in a lipstick, and that's what LipPerfection does! I have the colors "Temptress" and "Fairytale", which are pink/rosey colors (perfect for Spring/Summer!). I've received many compliments from people when I wear them, and they're ALL surprised to find out that it's a drugstore lipstick. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by phoenix511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've mentioned how CG typically uses "synthetics" in most of their products, and as much as I love the color and texture of this new lipstick line, that synthetic aspect comes strongly into play in one big area: taste. No, I don't eat lipstick, but inevitably you're going to wind up licking your lips or drinking through them, and that's when you're going to find this lipstick has a very strong, very powdery/plasticky taste. The best way I've found to limit this effect is to use a good lip liner all over my lips prior to the lipstick, and then use as little lipstick as possible to get the color you want (I use a spot and blend technique). The colors are VERY vibrant, so I do this anyway when I wear the very bold Tempt 355 to work. The other shade I bought, Sweetheart 390, is more of a shimmery nude so it needs a bit more to come across (btw, layering 355 under 390 creates an absolutely gorgeous combo). Hopefully I'll get used to the taste over time because I really do adore the color these give (very true to the shade on the tube but I recommend looking at CG online for an even better idea and their suggestions for your specific complexion). They also glide on like liquid silk and do seem to make my lips smoother even after I take the color off. Lasts several hours w/out liner, maybe a couple of more w/, and seem to actually stain the lips just a touch so even after it's worn off you still have a tint of color (maybe it's just me, though). Bought mine w/ a coupon at the grocery store though I wouldn't mind paying full-pop (~$6) as they are so nice in color and texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Goliath1357

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have four of these lipsticks-Sultry 200, Romance 265, Divine 330 and Fairytale 405. I really like these lipsticks, there is a great range of colors. The wear time is average, about 4 hours. The texture is great and they aren't drying. I am definitely going to get more. I also love the packaging, it reminds me of Nyx Round Lipsticks with the color visible on the bottom of the tube. The tube itself is a shiny, light purple metal which looks nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in Burn, Everlasting, and Precious. The formula is very rich and creamy, highly moisturizing, like a balm. The moisture lasts for hours even after the color fades, and the colors are very pigmented so they do last.

I am very impressed and happy with Burn, which is in the red category. It's a neutral red with undertones of brown and pink, and what looks like reddish golden bronze shimmer throughout. When I first applied it to my lips, it looked almost coppery red, but after a couple of minutes, it settled into a very pretty red flush with a pink hue. The bronze-gold shimmer was still there, but looked less coppery as time went on. It is definitely the most unique lipstick color I've ever worn.

Everlasting is in the mauve/burgundy category. I don't usually like mauve or burgundy colors, but Everlasting looks very natural, and it is also one of the most unique lipstick colors I've ever worn. It's a mix of red, pink, rose, and wine with shimmer. It looks extremely natural and soft on my lips, like a blush. It can be dark or bright depending on the light.

Precious, also in the mauve/burgundy category, has a lot of red and shimmer in it. I would call it a deep reddish pink. It looks extremely natural and very pretty against my pale skin.

Overall, the Lip Perfection lipsticks are absolutely amazing when it comes to feel and delivery; they act like lip balm and have the same feel as many department store brands. I do wish I liked more of their colors. Lip Perfection shades are so pigmented that most of them seem too intense.