August 1, 2014 | 938 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by YellowSourFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This has got to be one of the worst foundations I have ever used. Wow. I am oily in the t-zone but I am not a greaseball and this foundation slipped and slid all over my face like I was emitting acid from my pores. I put it on and was so impressed with the way it looked. It was just beautiful. Then an hour and a half later I looked in the rear view mirror in the car and was horrified at the way my face looked. It sunk into my pores and fine lines. Broke up and was patchy and made me looked cracked. I could not believe it. I actually took a napkin from my glovebox and wiped this all off in the car I couldn't stand it. Nasty. The ONLY thing going for this is the shade selection. There are a ton of colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by smnthalbrt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I repurchased this product maybe a month or two ago, it's my second bottle. The last time I used it was over a year ago and I remember liking it quite a lot.
When I first started to reuse it, I felt that it was just way too runny, didn't cover anything up (I was struggling from terrible acne and scars at the time), it was just a lose-lose situation.
For a while I mixed it with my Revlon Colorstay Whipped, because I started tanning, and the Fit Me was considerably darker. I really liked the finish it gave combined with the Colorstay, gave me more of a dewy glow, which I crave since my skin is on the drier side.
Now I'm too dark for the Colorstay to be mixed in at all and I just use the Fit Me, and I actually love it.
It gives me great coverage now and on days I need it can be built up to full coverage by adding another layer. I apply it with my Elf powder brush and it gives me a perfect face.
Sometimes throughout the day it may look too shiny so I'll either blot or swipe over it with Rimmel's Stay Matte powder.
My face looks glowing and gorgeous! But I definitelyyyy would not recommend to someone with oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:03:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's light to medium coverage. Satin/dewy finish.
Perfect for dry skin types.
It's something I like to have in my kit.
I like to use this foundation in winter for a little more moisture and the shade 110 is absolutely perfect for my skin. It lasts about 4-5 hours before I need to touch up.
The shades are set up in a range that is numbered and labled light/medium/deep.
I have found that the number system works on a scale of odd numbers being cool tones, and even numbers being warm. It's only $5-$6 and easy to find. Pick it up, give it a shot, if anything else mix it with other foundations to blend them out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by Belle144

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is fantastic for the price.
It is ideal for clear skin that needs a bit of moisture, as it gives a light coverage and doesn't sit in fine lines.
I use this foundation during the day and it keeps my skin moisturised

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by kristenkrascek

I think this is okay. I wear 220 (natural beige) and it matches my skin tone pretty much exactly. It gives enough coverage to even out any imperfections in my skin tone, covers acne mostly and looks quite nice. It doesn't have brilliant staying power but a lot of makeup doesn't last on my face - combination skin with oily t zone but still a few lines at 43 yo. It does eventually settle into lines like most makeup but I have yet to try the specific mature age makeup products on the market - that is all new to me as I haven't had to worry about lines until pretty much the last few years. The bottle sucks - no pump and you have to be careful not to spill it. The consistency is a bit runny but at least you can't really over apply it that way. It is better set with powder - tends to work quite well. I have only been wearing this for two days and it hasn't broken me out and I like that it has SPF18 in it. The price was good (two for the price of just under one) but I would probably prefer a thicker consistency foundation in future and one geared to the more mature skin type. Overall it is not too bad but not fantastic either.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

On my quest for a holy grain foundation ( which ended with UD naked btw) I tried this which appeared to have the lightest shade at the drug store. So I gave it a test. I put it on with my fingers, a brush, primed and unprimed, with a setting powder and without. And I could not get this crap to stay on my face. It never really set either. It felt like lotion that needed to be rubbed in sitting on my face. If I did rub it in it would disappear leaving no coverage at all. I think bb creams have better coverage. Also the shine you get with this is insane. I know some girls like a dewy finish but this was just ridiculous. Don't bother with this one unless you have perfect skin in which you don't need foundation anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

WARNING: IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN DO NOT BUY! This broke me out SO BAD, made my skin oily and greasy, and it looks SO SO BAD like I just poured olive oil all on my skin. I hate this foundation, considering I have oily skin. Now for dry skin, I think it would work best.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Things I like:

1.Coverage- full covers my acne/scarring WITHOUT a concealer
2.Shade Selection- I feel like it matches me beautifully
3. Runny texture (makes it easier for stippling)

Things I don't like:

1. Rubs off very easily
2. Does get shiny
3. no pump??

Anyone having issues ( I had some) here's what I did to fix them

1. coverage, when I FIRST used it, it didn't cover anything I was using my fingers NO lol. this will give you a very sheer coverage. so then I realized, *wait for it...* I own a Stippling brush!! lol (its from E.L.F) and let me tell you, it made a HUGE difference in coverage.

I use it and then rub it in on my nose and pat around my eyes with my fingers.

2. "Dewy" look. yes.... nothing a little sheer powder didn't help me with.

I would recommend this foundation for a dinner date, or shopping nothing strenuous.(like exercising and such)

im an NC37 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Xyooj

This is definitely one of those "love it" or "hate it" type of products. I definitely do love it and it has been the only foundation that I have stuck to for a couple of years. In other words, I always go back to this product. :)

When I had first purchased my first Maybelline Fit Me Foundation two years ago, I did NOT like it (despite all of the benefits it claimed to have) due to the fact of the consistency it had. What didn't appeal to me was how runny the foundation was. So yes, when applying on this foundation, do be careful of tilting the foundation to pour out some of the product. Moreover, since the foundation was really runny, it was not good on hot days. Knowing that my t-zone was the most oiliest place on my face at the time, I felt as if the foundation was melting off of my face. I would literally use the back of one of my hands to wipe off my t-zone and there will be foundation on the back of my hands. Therefore, I do not recommend this product to anyone with oily skin type. Another thing is that this product does not give a good amount of coverage to anyone with acne.

But of course, I gave it some time to see if I wanted to throw it away or not. And surprisingly, I still purchase this item 'til this day. What happened was that my skin type changed as I got older so oily skin was no longer a problem for me anymore with this foundation. Also, I broke out less and less which made me not have to worry about finding GREAT coverage.

As an overall, I am satisfied with this product and had learned how to love it throughout the years. The packaging is decent. But I do love how it is inexpensive, how you can find it at any beauty aisle of any local drugstore, the color selection is great (plus sometimes I can always mix a shade with another), how it makes your skin looks natural and has somewhat of a dewy finish.

The only downfall is that this product was not made for oily skin types and for anyone who is looking for medium to heavy coverage. And don't wear this foundation of extremely hot days :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't had much luck with matching my skin tone with Maybelline FitMe range, however I did match my friend and she loved this product, glad she's pleased with it. I'm not. You'll definitely need to powder after applying otherwise brace yourself for sweat patches. Lack of shades and the hype really bugs me.