October 2, 2014 | 1231 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by samthemoose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

WORST foundation I have ever tried. I REALLY wanted to like this foundation but ugh while it did cover EVERYTHING that's pretty much where the pros end. It's ridiculously cakey. Accentuates flakes like nobody's business and doesn't even control oil very well or last long. And the color selection is AWFUL. It was too dark and pink and yet somehow still manage to make me look like a ghost. Anything lighter than that would make me look transparent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by BeautyTherapstLife

This is the best foundation for me! It's a very full coverage which I love yet feels really light and smooth on your skin :) It is one of those foundation where a little goes a LONG way! It is an expensive foundation but you only use a very small amount for your whole face so it lasts months (and I wear mine very heavy!) the colour selection is very good and I don't find myself having to reapply very much during the day at all... It is very long lasting! I really don't have one bad thing to say about this foundation...this is my perfect foundation! It doesn't make my skin dry or breakout!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by LaurieV

This is one of the few full-coverage foundations out there that Iíve been able to find. It doesnít completely camouflage my melasma, but then again, I donít think anything will. It does a great job though. I took off one star for the limited color choices. I would say thatís the one thing I donít like about it. I use the lightest shade, but itís just a tad dark and yellow for me (although maybe the yellow is what makes it so good at covering things up). I also like that itís not drying, like many of the other full-cover foundations out there, like ELís Double Matte, which has fantastic coverage but dries my face out if I wear it every day. I like the tube packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I can't judge this as a foundation as I haven't tried it as one, but as a concealer, well, it pretty much rocks! I use this on my acne scars under my foundation (MAC Face& Body/Chanel Vitalumiere/Aqua) those are my 3 day/night ones. It stays put, it covers like a dream, it's not thick or gloopy but somehow it manages to just camouflage them! Magical, i wouldn't recommend for under eye but as an acne concealer, this and mac studio finish are the ones! I use this at night as its no SPF and translates great on camera and MAC in the day for sun protection. If you are going to use it as concealer, it will last forever which justifies the price for me :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by AllyInc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

a little goes a long way - it doesn't cover my acne marks as well as my Lycogel (but then again my marks are pretty dark as i have brown-ish skin) but i actually quite love this product. putting some green concealer underneath helps heaps. by far my second favourite after the lycogel and doesn't make it me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Toom_Snoopy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best full coverage foundation ever!

At first I hesitate between this one and Laura Mercier Silk Creme and I choose EL finally. I have terrible oily skin, full of acne scars, super large pore, so the foundation that I look for is only the full coverage. The general light foundation on the market today is nothing on my face. I used to use Revlon Colorstay (old formula) which provided full coverage but so thick and broke me out crazy, Revlon Colorstay whipped which cast on my face during the day, people know my face was covered with paint and it didn't cover acne scars enough, and the last one Vichy Dermablend gave me full coverage but didn't last all day, it washed off, the nude shades (25) looked orange and most important it sinked into pores.

EL Max Cover gives me the look like Vichy, matt and cover well, but the consistency is better, high pigment so little goes a long way. It dries very fast and I think mixed with some moisturizers is better. It doesn't sink into my large pores and last all day. I love this foundation very much as I have bad skin so I'm very pleased with this one but for someone who has good skin may not satisfy with this foundation because of the coverage quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by lovemejuicy

I was having a problem with cystic acne and its all cleared up now except for the occasional breakout every now and then. When I do breakout after it clears up it leaves a dark spot that eventually fades away. I went to the EL counter looking for a concealer that would cover up those scars and any other imperfections. Instead of a concealer the woman recommended this. She said a lot of clients use this as a concealer. She tried it on I and I loved it. Basically I put on my primer then I put this on wherever I need heavy coverage. It is a matte finish . Covers up VERY well and it doesn't feel heavy at all. Also it stays put ALL day. After this I put on very light foundation just to even everything out. This makes my skin look flawless. I really could not imagine using this all over my face though. Would definitely buy again. This is my HG concealer/makeup for scars and imperfections.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by madmilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the tube it looks so classy and it really easy to use. Always fits in the make-up bag too! But, I have awful acne and oily skins and it stay put perfectly all day. I don't understand how people can use this as a foundation all over the face its simply way too thick for even the worse skin like mine (is so spotty). It feels heavy, it's a nighttime make up when u need extra heavy. I like full coverage but this feel discusting all over the face and looks very fake, and t transferred everywhere?! I love this however under my eyes and as a concealer on imperfections (spots ect.) I like full coverage but I find this looks very dull, fake and Cakey on myself and others as a foundation. It's water resistant so this stuff is great for concealer but drys out even the oilyest skin which causes more oil , more spots. It's too thick and I don't like the look. Wayyyy to fake and Cakey great as a concealer due to its consistency an coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Laurenburnsxx

Amazing coverage, although I do preferred the discontinued version which I managed to get my hands on browsing through eBay. This product literally last me around 9 months! Although it is rather pricey at around £26 it's worth the money as it last so long and the quality of the foundation is outstanding!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Livcomley111

Fave foundation. I have combination skin and also very sensitive skin- this product does not make me break out- unlike the other estee lauder foundations. Great staying power- stays put all day and looks flawless all day even over an acne flair up. You feel like a magazine cover model when you leave the house because it sets so well under powder too- gives you an airbrushed feel. I get sick and tired of cheaper brands that slide off and dont offer the coverage. A little goes a LONG way as well- the one I have has lasted nearly 3 months so its actually in the long run more cost effective. Dont even need a concealer for this. Mix with a moisturizer if you're needing a lighter coverage. This one is also waterproof- as I learned when I was jumping up and down at a concert and my face stayed flawless.

ONLY con is that is slightly transferable if you pull a jumper off over your head you must be careful as it will get onto your clothes. But for all the pros, ladies this one is a keeper. Make sure you blend well as it looks funny if you slap it on in the wrong light.