October 26, 2014 | 759 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by trema

First, I have normal to oil (combination) skin type. I'm using this product to do shading (no.080), then I feel really satisfied with the result.

The pigmentation is just right and it blends really well into ur skin. Currently, I'm using it for everyday wear too, I'm using no. 050, which is lighter and natural.

I think that people who didn't get the best result with this thing, is because (maybe) they don't find their holy grail skin care products yet, so their skin condition are not at the top of its ability, so this product can't do well with it.

I'm using it after moist and SPF or at the top of the foundation. Trust me, it works really well. And you know that the price is good for a good quality make up product. If u expect more, u should try another product with a higher price. But for me, for the price, it's really reasonable to have it. Love this.^^ will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

I haven't used this product much, and I will update it if I begin to use it more. I was absolutely amazed when I dipped my brush in it and applied it to my face. It felt like my brush was WET! yes, the name is true to the product. Unfortunately I've realized that is does get rather cakey, and that's a big no no to me. Nobody wants to have cakey makeup. Of course, I apply this over my liquid foundation as a setter, so maybe that contributes to it being cakey. I won't waste my money on this again, but maybe it will be better for someone else. I prefer pressed powders, unless it's Maybelline dream powder..

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by Dozastroze

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product has to be Revlon's worst. I do not see a reason it needs to feel cold when initially appying.... ridiculous. Terrible coverage, terrible brush, terribly cake'y feeling and looked 'fake' on my skin- Halle, you lied. LOL. I will not purchase again,
Tossed to the curb like a bad, bad boyfriend (and not in a good way bad- LOL)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2012 12:04:00 PM More reviews by AmandaYvonne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Personally, I just dust this on over top of my Colorstay liquid foundation. I've always had trouble finding products that don't leave my skin looking oily by the end of the day or breaking me out, and this did neither. It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh all day long , I absolutely love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by sunidais1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this product! It took me a minute to get used to the wet feeling when applying, but now I like it. I use it as a powder to set my liquid makeup and as a touch up during the day. It gives me light to medium coverage. I shake the product onto an old mirror that I have (which I do with all of my mineral makeup so that you don't get too much on your brush) and apply with a small kabuki brush. When I first apply, it is a bit sparkly but that calms down after you wear the product for a few minutes. I DO NOT GET A GLITTERY LOOK. You can "build" with this foundation. I have put some on, waited a minute and then put on more and it give nice coverage this way. I haven't had a problem with it bein "cakey". Maybe that happens if you put on too much at one time. I also want to add that I have an oily T-zone and live where the humidy has been high recently. I've been happy with the performance of this makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by JesdicaSofia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

SAVE YOUR MONEY. This "foundation" is nothing exceptional. I tried it and it was just shiny. Besides the glitter that everyone complains about (doesnt bother me much) it just makes the skin look oily. I have good skin, its not oily and this would make me look oily in a second. I used it a few times because I was trying to make it work but to no avail, its sitting full on my vanity just in case of an emergency but I was really thinking about giving it to my 14 year old sister. Brush is kinda cool the bristles look like they are nice quality but the thing isnt very functional. Again, SAVE YOUR MONEY.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by terrortwigg

I've had terrible experiences with mineral foundation in the past, so I tend to avoid them. I read the iffy reviews and bought it knowing it had little coverage, which I was kind of going for. I was looking for something to wear in the summertime that would even out my skin a tad, and this does. I wear it over concealer, and I really like it. No, it does not give full, or even medium, coverage, and it is not very buildalbe. It does do a good job of just evening out my complexion, after i've concealed any spots, and it looks very natural. I really really dislike the wet feeling, not because of the sensation but because it makes it difficult to keep track of how much product is on your face and brush.. like when you apply it the first part of your face you touch feels soaking wet, then when you blend it the wetness fades and you feel like you put a huge glop onto one tiny part of your face and very little product everywhere else.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by meme2005

I have been on the search for a finishing power to put on top of my merle norman tinted moisturizer; there was a coupon for this so I decided to give it a try. Im glad I did! It is a great finisher and mattefier. I put it on after my moisturizer in the morning and then again in the evening if Im going out after work. It really keeps the oilies at bay, and I have oily skin. The cooling/wet feeling does feel weird and I find it has an unusual smell, but the smell fades quickly. I have not noticed any kind of sparkling or glitter in the powder after I put it on, just a soft dewy look. I have been using it for about 2 weeks everyday and have not broken out yet! So its a keeper :) Will update later if things change!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I loved this powder BEFORE they turned it into this weird, wet powder :P It used to be dry, which was great for my oily skin. It was easy to blend, even though it was pink undertoned. Very natural looking, and didn't make me breakout.

AFTER THE CHANGE
I didn't think the whole coconut water thing would change this so much! I got this in medium deep like I did before, a huge difference in color! I loved how easy this was to blend, but after the change it was impossible for me to blend! This had too much of a pink undertone! The medium deep was VERY pink, like I put blush all over my face :( Didn't give any coverage at all, this actually made everything look worse. It really made my pores look huge! I really would not recommend this to someone with oily skin, my face got so greasy when i wore this! It also has that annoying glittery look to it :P This made me really breakout too :P I liked the brush though, it's great for cream foundation. This was overpriced for the quality imo, but you do get a good amount of powder. I will not buy this again, a huge disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/6/2012 5:20:00 PM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan. No coverage what-so-ever. I am not one that breaks out EVER so I have clear and really good skin and I'm still not a fan...if that doesn't tell you something, then I don't know...