July 28, 2014 | 2244 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Makeuploverxo10

I absolutely love this mascara!!!!! It gives such a natural finish :),i love this and it just lenghtens your lashes so much.Also for the price you cannot complain❤️

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jennthejenn

Not a bad mascara but I just couldn't get over the smell. I had better luck with all the other Maybelline mascaras like the falsies.

Pros:
Defines
Lengthens
Not too clumpy after a few coats
Brush is easy to work with (not too big)

Cons:
Can't get over the smell
Doesn't really add volume
Not too wet but doesn't hold curl (non waterproof formula)
Smudges a bit but not too horribly

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by zydruneruda

I bought the waterproof version, sadly it did not stay on for very long time. I really like how this mascara applies and looks on the eyelashes, it doesn't clump, and it leaves eyelashes thin and long. But, the reason why I am giving this product only two ratings out of 5 is because after several hours the mascara was sliding off and onto my under eyes making me look like a raccoon. Couple hours after whipping clean the blackness off of my under eyes, It happened again. Throughout the day I cleaned it off 4 times, i don't understand why it is happening with a waterproof mascara, because i've never had this problem with regular mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by ikhd

I really like this mascara, this is the first one I ever purchased that didn't have the traditional brush. It took some adjustment to get used to the new applicator, but now I am fine with it. I have repurchased this several times, I have the 'brownish-black' shade. I use this on my upper lashes only, I use Clinique Lash Power on my bottom lashes. The reason for this is-- I like the 'pop' of the Maybelline on the uppers, while the staying power of Clinique doesn't smudge off on the bottom ones. An extra step I know, but my makeup has to last all day, and this works for me. Also, the Maybelline is a great value!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite mascara! My mom gave it to me and I forgot about it, and then tried it on one day, and later on purchased a new tube. The packaging is super attractive, and the brush is amazing. It gives me super length, colour, and amazing eyelashes! It looks super natural with 1-2 coats and I applied 5 coats at a party one night, and it didn't even clump, flake, run or smudge then. Ultimate go to mascara! Great price and quality. And I also didn't notice a smell...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by barebeauty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this Mascara all of the time unfortunately I got the water proof by accident but I am not sure if that is why I like it or not! For a water proof mascara it goes on very well and evenly, I haven't had an problems with clumping yet which I find is a huge issue in water proof mascaras. It really makes my eye lashes stand out and look very long. I want to try it in non-waterproof as well and see if i have the same results!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by arbyscurlyfries

I use this mascara everyday and do not plan on using a different kind ever again! It makes my eyelashes volumized and long, that I do not even need to curl my eyelashes anymore. The wand could be a bit more sturdier, but for $6 it is definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive been trying various mascaras recently because I feel like I just havent found the HG mascara for me.

After using this for a few weeks, Im quite impressed. It coats really well & quick, builds up extremely well & lasts all day/night without any problems. Sure, its not waterproof so tears & perspiration or rubbing will cause it to "run" smudge but thats the price you pay for not buying waterproof.

I have this in the "satin black" version which is versatile & does what its supposed to.
Overall I would recommend this product. I like the rubber applicator as opposed to a brush & I like that it doesnt smell overtly weird.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by CarlaGonzalez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favourite mascara at the moment and I even get complimented or asked what mascara I use! Now I have been blessed to have pretty long, dark, thick lashes that just go straight down and I always have a problem with it never holding a curl and clumping. Even with my lashes I still go for a longer dramatic un clumped look. This mascara does not smudge , clump or takes out a curl! I love it. The mascara really lenghthens my lashes and really separates them one by one like the name! It holds the curl all day and really defines and makes them pop and visible. The formula is kind of dry for my liking. However I would re buy this once I get the chance and run out. It's my everyday mascara and never fails me. Even with my watery eyes :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Badbrains

I gave into the hype on this one. I mean, I heard so many people saying this was a HG product of thiers, I just had to try it! I was super excited to take it home, but when I opened it up, things went down hill from there. when i first opened it, it had such a strong smell that I got a bit of a headache. I could smell it when drying on my lashes for the first week. The first week it applied nicely, but it quickly started to get dry and thick, and had a creamy texture to it. (I prefer wetter mascara) I dont have thick lashes, which usually isnt a problem, but for some reason, it made my lashes look very sparse. No, it doesnt clump, and it seperates very well, but when I applied more than one coat, it flaked horribly after about a few hours.
The packaging was another problem. The wand is a nice shape, but each bristle only has mascara on one side of it, the side that faces down into the bottle. It doesnt coat my lashes the way I want it to. Also, the stopper that takes off the excess product keeps slidding out of place when I open it, so mascar gets all over the tube and on my hands. I have to fix it every time I open it. This might be why each bristle is not fully coated.
Maybe I bought a faulty tube, but i dont want to risk buying another tube of this disaster to find out.