November 26, 2014 | 972 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by anbaking123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I immediately fell in love with this mascara - it was lengthening and volumizing for the most part, and it didn't flake or smudge. The formula was wet enough that it didn't clump my lashes, but it wasn't sticky or gross. I am now reviewing this about a month later after I bought it, and I hate it now. The formula dried out so much that there is no even application, it flakes and smudges right away, my eyelashes are clumpy, and it is making my eyelashes fall out! Thankfully it wasn't too expensive, so I don't have to feel too guilty about throwing it out. I am so disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by ricebunny77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really love this mascara... Its very volumizing and lengthing...

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by rosethornrosevine

This mascara doesn't add curl or very much volume with one coat. After a few more coats there is a bit of curl and some volume, but it does start to clump.
However, if you curl your lashes, it's a different story.
If you use an eyelash curler and lass than 3 coats, this mascara looks amazing.

Side note: The packaging was of good quality, but after about two uses, the label on the tube completely rubbed away.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SparklyMissSunshine

This is a pretty good mascara. The brush is completely unique, and I like the formula, though it's similar to that of other maybelline mascaras. This mascara gives great volume, and the length is substantial. However, after two coats it starts to clump immediately, which, while I expected this to happen, since the mascara claims to de-clump lashes, I don't completely agree with the packaging claims.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Makeuploverxo10

I absolutely love this mascara!!!!! It gives such a natural finish :),i love this and it just lenghtens your lashes so much.Also for the price you cannot complain❤️

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by jennthejenn

Not a bad mascara but I just couldn't get over the smell. I had better luck with all the other Maybelline mascaras like the falsies.

Pros:
Defines
Lengthens
Not too clumpy after a few coats
Brush is easy to work with (not too big)

Cons:
Can't get over the smell
Doesn't really add volume
Not too wet but doesn't hold curl (non waterproof formula)
Smudges a bit but not too horribly

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by zydruneruda

I bought the waterproof version, sadly it did not stay on for very long time. I really like how this mascara applies and looks on the eyelashes, it doesn't clump, and it leaves eyelashes thin and long. But, the reason why I am giving this product only two ratings out of 5 is because after several hours the mascara was sliding off and onto my under eyes making me look like a raccoon. Couple hours after whipping clean the blackness off of my under eyes, It happened again. Throughout the day I cleaned it off 4 times, i don't understand why it is happening with a waterproof mascara, because i've never had this problem with regular mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by ikhd

I really like this mascara, this is the first one I ever purchased that didn't have the traditional brush. It took some adjustment to get used to the new applicator, but now I am fine with it. I have repurchased this several times, I have the 'brownish-black' shade. I use this on my upper lashes only, I use Clinique Lash Power on my bottom lashes. The reason for this is-- I like the 'pop' of the Maybelline on the uppers, while the staying power of Clinique doesn't smudge off on the bottom ones. An extra step I know, but my makeup has to last all day, and this works for me. Also, the Maybelline is a great value!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover007

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite mascara! My mom gave it to me and I forgot about it, and then tried it on one day, and later on purchased a new tube. The packaging is super attractive, and the brush is amazing. It gives me super length, colour, and amazing eyelashes! It looks super natural with 1-2 coats and I applied 5 coats at a party one night, and it didn't even clump, flake, run or smudge then. Ultimate go to mascara! Great price and quality. And I also didn't notice a smell...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by barebeauty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this Mascara all of the time unfortunately I got the water proof by accident but I am not sure if that is why I like it or not! For a water proof mascara it goes on very well and evenly, I haven't had an problems with clumping yet which I find is a huge issue in water proof mascaras. It really makes my eye lashes stand out and look very long. I want to try it in non-waterproof as well and see if i have the same results!