September 2, 2014 | 1563 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by QueenGorgon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation has excellent staying power but it does break me out. it is inexpensive but not worth the bumpy skin....i will stick with black opal til I find out about a better product.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by angelitaaguila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't understand why I don't like this. It seems like even aliens rave about this product but I just don't get it. It doesn't last as long as my covergirl 3 in 1. Honestly I don't understand this. Its one of those products that you must try on your skin because I just don't get it. It just sits on my skin. Its like its not my skin but yet it doesn't cover what I need. Its almost liquidly and thick at the same time. IDK. I guess I just love how my covergirl dries almost to a powder finish. I guess its not really the foundation but me. I just prefer other things for the things my necessities are. And this foundation doesn't cover them.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Lirong

I tried some high ends foundations but this is the one I always come back to. I think the price is fair, works perfect on my combination skin and ivory 110 feets perfectly. Staying power is great and it doesnt get cakey. Looks good on photos too!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Affy32

I really wanted to like this foundation. I always read reviews on stuff before I buy because I don't want it to be a waste of money. After reading tons of reviews and watching loads of videos i decided to purchase this from Walmart for $14.99. I don't mind spending a lot of money on foundation because i think its essential for your make up to look good. This foundation is "expensive" for a drugstore foundation. When I first applied it the coverage was okay for me, not great and it didn't break me out which was a plus. I have medium oily skin and lasting power was really great as well. After a month of use of wearing this foundation almost everyday i noticed that i started breaking out on the same spot over and over again. To make matters worse it dried out my skin in some spots and made my skin oilier in others. My skin because so dry to the point lf flaking and scaling skin. It was disgusting. And when you would apply this foundation it would cling to the dryness. Overall I am not satisfied with this foundation, I know it works for a lot of people but unfortunatley it just didnt work for me. I will not recommend this to anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by metalmynx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe a drugstore foundation is this great, but it is. I was looking for a foundation to transition into the fall (I usually wear Bare Minerals all summer since I have oily skin) and got samples of MAC Mineralize and MAC Pro longwear. I wasn't impressed with either one of them so from all the great reviews here, I decided to try ColorStay. It's great! I apply it with my MAC foundation brush and it leaves a nice even finish, but doesn't look like my face is caked with makeup. I really like the range of shades and this doesn't seem to oxidize on my skin nor does it make me super greasy - although I have to set it with powder, I have to set everything with powder so that's not a drawback. My only complaint is that this needs to have a pump since the foundation is a thicker liquid and it's hard to get out of the bottle. Nothing not to like about the price, either! Two thumbs up for this one. I may not even bother going back to my MAC Studio Fix Fluid!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by LolaMay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I have used both versions of this foundation, despite being very oily and acne-prone. I will explain this when I review the formulation for Normal/Dry. I will update that part of the review later.

Combination/Oily Formulation
    *PROS*
    *Wears ALL DAY, so great, especially for those with very oily skin
    *Great coverage that can range from light to full depending on method of application
    *Decent price for the product
    *Sets to a matte finish

*CONS
    *After a day's time of wear, this may have cracked a little bit or get into lines
    *OXIDIZES. Unfortunately this is why I had to stop using this. I am very fair-skinned, so it was incredibly noticeable when this oxidized, even with blending it down my neck :(
    *Could use some lighter shades than the current lightest for those with very fair skin.
    *Packaging. I wish this was in a squeeze tube, but I have been transferring new bottles into an old (but sanitized) foundation bottle with a pump top.

Normal/Dry Formulation
    WILL BE UPDATED SOON

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like it, but it does not live up to its name. Yes, it isn't cakey and matches my NC15 skin tone, but I have to reapply it after 3 hours!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by annmarienll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My go to foundation! Great coverage, it is definitely buildable so can have full to medium coverage. I've used MAC, Estee lauder, benefit, etc and this beats them all. Great go to makeup for anyone!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/3/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by MonicaFlys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay i have a love hate with this foundation. There are 2 types of this particular foundation. the one for normal/dry skin and the combination/oily skin, i cant seem to find my shade i love the combination/oily skin formula its thick but blendable, my only complaint is the staying power i dont see it at all. it leaves my face within 4 hours so i dont know what type of powder everyone is using it with but it doesnt stay. so its a no go for me, i still love it tho just have to reapply it which is lame.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by Thatgayb_tchthatsmells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all I first tried this with the old packaging (without the pump) which is poorly designed. Other than that, this foundation has MEGA staying power (sometimes i still have residue after I wash my face...ew lol). It stays put all day and gives flawless, dewy-yet-full coverage. I will absolutely repurchase online where I can get it for $20NZD (about $18 dollars cheaper than in stores). Great foundation!