July 31, 2014 | 1903 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Natureluxe Liquid Silk Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

UPDATE:
    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THEY ARE DISCONTINUING! WHY COVERGIRL?!?!?!? WHY!!!! I JUST FOUND THIS LOVELY MAKEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone knows of something similar to this, please tell me.
    **********************************
    Overall Rating: 4.9/5
    SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, super sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
    PRICE: $9-12 US Dollars, which I think is reasonable for this foundation
    COVERAGE: I know a LOT of people complain that this does not provide an adequate amount of coverage. As for me, I feel less is more. Healthy looking skin does not always mean you have to cover all your flaws. Embrace them and add a healthy glow! Anyway, I feel this is a light-medium coverage. It conceals most of my scarring and redness, and blurs my active breakouts.
    FINISH: VERY natural. I would not call it “satin” or “dewy”. It honestly just looks like skin, which I absolutely love!
    TEXTURE: When they say “liquid silk”, they really mean it. Its very soft and blends seamlessly into my skin.
    SCENT: Yes, I find it to be quite lovely. Smells very fresh and cucumbery!
    SPF: Yes, 10
    LASTING POWER: This is the only department this foundation seems to fall a bit short... For me, lasting power (topped with powder) is about 6-7 hours, depending on the weather. I do have to blot quite a bit, but I don’t find this “slides” off my face or makes my oily skin any worse, but it does not mattify. The thing is, it does not set by itself at all. So it needs to be topped with powder.
    SHADES: I got this in 325 Sandstone, which is the most perfect match in the history of all matches. I think that this foundations provides a great shade range! They have very light and very dark. And because of how bendable and light this foundation is, it adheres to many skintones.
    DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: QUITE THE OPPOSITE! When I put this on in the morning, then take it off at night, I notice a HUGE difference in my skin.It looks more even and radiant all on its own. I have no idea why this is happening, there aren’t any ingredients that are harmful OR would seem helpful to healing acne. But it does.
    PACKAGING: I bought this for the packaging… >.< Yes, I AM A SUCKER FOR CUTE PACKAGING! But not only is it cute, but sanitary. The squeeze tube makes it easy for me to just dot the foundation all over my face then blend.
    WOULD I REPURCHASE?: Oh very yes. Already planning on it!
    FINAL VERDICT: I know this foundation has sort of so-so/ bad ratings, but please just give it a shot. I love this so much, I have never loved a foundation more. Its clearing my skin up so much I actually feel comfortable leaving the house without foundation! I have never been able to do this before! I have tried almost every foundation out there! Just take a look at my reviews! I have tried 35 foundations! High AND low end. And this beats them all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by IzzieG3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked up a container and tested it by just putting some on my forehead to test color and how long it lasted.
    After a couple hours, it sort of slid off. When I wiped off everything, I had the worst acne ever. I normally don't get acne, but my forehead was soooo red and bumpy. And it hurt. It took a week to finally clear up my forehead. I can safety say I'm never buying this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by paintednightsky

I have iron skin and am not sensitive at all. I have normal skin. Not sure what ingredient in this made me break out like crazy! Of varying degrees and sizes and of course the biggest being dead center between my eyebrows -_-

Smell is nice like cucumbers/green tea. I would say the scent is about the only highlight of this product... The thought of natural was nice, but there are better natural foundations out there. I am much better of using minerals. Here is a listing of ingredients http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_36dc46367.html Talc? No thank you. Coverage is what I would call light. Wear wise it doesn't last long and just turns greasy and it wasn't even a humid day.

I can't recommend this. Especially if you don't want to deal with the aftermath of angry breakouts... This is going in the free pile. Maybe someone else will have better luck with this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by geraldin13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this have a light coverage to my skin and did'nt cover anything but im used it to create a face primer. First i used a moisturizer and then apply this foundation and create a mixed that i apply before the makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Bunni26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a good foundation.My t-zone is oily while the rest of my face is dry and this foundation worked great. It evens out my skin tone and covers most of my redness. The only Con I have with this product is that there's barely a selection of color with yellow undertones.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by deeshna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this to test it out, and I can say that despite a few flaws, this foundation would work extremely well for certain people. It's very blendable, gives a very natural finish, and honestly it doesn't look like makeup on the skin. Has a light smell (perhaps it's the cucumber?). Medium coverage. Doesn't do much for any big, ugly blemishes, but works well to even out my skin.

However, this product is not for a girl like me. I really liked the foundation itself, but it's staying power is poor for someone with oily skin. Although it looks fantastic at first, it only takes it a few hours to slide right off even with powder. Makes me look extra shiny, and would take too many touch ups to be worth the trouble for me. I could see it doing well on someone with dry skin, as it is very moisturizing. Maybe even for me once the humidity dies down, but never in this summer heat.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Cosmik

I absolutely love this foundation! I will be buying this stuff for a long time. The one thing I was concerned about when I was looking into buying it was coverage. I am a full coverage girl to the point of wearing pancake foundation, but my skin was really starting to break out so I knew I needed something lighter. This foundation is great it is easily buildable to a nice medium coverage and it just makes my face look so naturally nice and flawless.

I have very fair skin but couldn't find alabaster anywhere so I picked up flax expecting it to be too dark but it blends in awesome! Staying power is good on me, I set it with dream matte powder and it has lasted a good 8 hours with 2 powder touch ups during that time. I've seen alot of people say it breaks them out but that hasn't happened to me. Overall I love it and highly recommend it

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by TumbleGirl7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
    - medium to light coverage
    - squeeze tube packaging (hygienic, and easy to access)
    - lightweight

CONS:
    - strong and wierd smell
    - I had red bumps all underneath my skin the day after wearing this...

Don't hate it, don't love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by lexylynn

This is the worst foundation I have EVER used. Okay, so I go to the mall and buy this. I put it on at dinner on JUST my cheeks... to see how it covers. I'm satisfied... whatever. Thought I made a good purchase. 6 hours later, I wash my face, and I HAVE THE WORST ACNE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! My cheeks have tiny bumps all OVER the place. I don't know what the hell is in this... but my skin reacted terribly to it and I'm just praying these breakouts heal up fast.

I'm breaking out in places I have NEVER broken out in before. This is a total nightmare and I WILL never use or buy this product ever again. TERRIBLE. I'm a complete mess over this right now and I regret buying this more than you'll EVER know.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Aliyourpally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I used this foundation I bought it in flax. I really like how it matched my skin tone considering I'm really light. I used this about a year ago and explored different foundations (L'Oreal 16 hour infallible, covergirl clean foundation, L'Oreal true match). I did not like or repurchase those due to the fact that they have dried out my skin. I bought this foundation again the other day and I love it. It hydrates my skin and leaves my face looking natural. I just wish the foundation provided a little more coverage considering I have acne but it's no big deal, concealer isnt a problem to apply. I like the packaging because it is not a glass bottle that can break. I would recommend this to people with dry skin, I'm not sure if it would be good for oily because it's hydrating. I will repurchase.