October 24, 2014 | 1675 users online

Body Scrubs - Fresh - Brown Sugar Body Polish

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2005 6:15:00 PM More reviews by alabasterhaze

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have repurchased this scrub, but I never will again, as this was the cause of my developing horrid red bumps on my arms. I took this jar to the dermatologist, and her opinion was that the sugar crystals were way too large, which can cause irritation to skin. I don't have sensitive skin, but my skin cannot handle this stuff. If you're intent on a scrub of this kind, I would recommed making your own scrub using brown sugar (the pourable type), sweet almond oil and jojoba oil. This is a really basic one, ladies!

On Fresh's website, the company claims that this will not cause irritation if used after shaving, well I beg to differ. My non-sensitive skin turns tomato red. I much prefer Aqua Dessa's scrubs, which are the same amount of product (14 ounces) for half the price.

Also, this scrub doesn't contain any broad spectrum preservative against gram-positive or gram-negative bacterias,yeasts or molds, which in my opinion, every jar of scrub should have! Think about it, you're sticking your hands into a tub of product that is sitting in a "warm" environment (your tub or shower), just waiting to collect bacteria and the like. Yuck! continued >>

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2005 1:06:00 PM More reviews by taxvixen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this product for years, but resisted shelling out the $$ for it. In the interim I tried dozens of different salt and sugar scrubs (Origins, BBW, even Trader Joe's which makes an OK sugar scrub believe it or not). The upshot: this wins hands down for scent, exfoliation (I like the larger granules which I find causes me to use *less* product), and moisturization (my skin is like the Sahara). I stir the oil through the jar each time I use it, and would never-- as some have suggested-- pour off even one precious drop. It spreads deliciously, and because the oils are so rich I find that a single scoop covers my whole body (by comparison I needed to use about 1/4 jar of the Trader Joe's sugar scrub). I agree that the price is absurd, but I'd rather have one well-used jar of this than a half-dozen so-so scrubs which linger on my bathroom shelf. I consider this a "necessary luxury" (not an oxymoron to me) and, like Fresh Sake Bath, one I will keep purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2005 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Rooler

This is my HG scrub--the scent is amazing, and it leaves my skin so soft. The particles of sugar are jagged so it does a fantastic job exfoliating--and have I mentioned the scent? I love, love, love this scrub. Too bad it's SO expensive--I have to "save" it for "special" occasions, but it's still the BEST scrub I have EVER used.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2004 7:48:00 PM More reviews by dulcinea14

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loved the scent, great ingredients, but very expensive, so I wouldn't buy it again. I'd recommend it if you want to splurge, but there may be cheaper scrubs out there that are as nice. Just dont get any water in the container or it will mildew.

Like another reviewer said it can leave your bathtub sticky if you drop some, but it disolves with a little bit of friction and water, so I don't see how it could clog your drain (unless you have a lot of hair in the drain already).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2004 5:15:00 AM More reviews by glamorpussy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Average scrub for me. Smells really good, but it's rough and overpriced IMHO. I wouldn't repurchase. I do love the smell tho, it was just too hard on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2004 9:03:00 PM More reviews by AmyinNO

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is awesome stuff. I love the smell, the way it makes my skin feel -- everything! It is pricey, but worth it in my book. The best scrub I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2004 1:49:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

This is one of my favorites. The exfoliating particles are jagged and big, which makes it a great exfoliator. Also, if you apply this on wet skin it isn't as harsh. The main reason why this is such a great scrub (and why this is in all the magazines) is because of the wonderful essential oils. It leaves your body soooo soft- you don't need to apply body lotion. Wow! Also, it smells heavenly- like lemon and strawberries. A must have!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2004 5:20:00 PM More reviews by redorb

This product worked better than I thought it would, but still seems over-priced. You really have to thoroughly rub it in until it isn't grainy anymore. It did soften my skin and has a nice fragrance. But I still say, save your money and make your own at home with brown sugar, olive oil and orange peel.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2004 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Colorado

This cost way too much for what you get. Nothing special at all...just brown sugar and some inexpensive oils. No bang for your buck.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2004 11:19:00 AM More reviews by melguzman24

At first i loved this, it made my skin soft and the scent is nice. I am at the bottom 1/3 of my jar and it is mostly oil which is useless. I feel like trying to add more sugar so I won't waste any of this expensive ($56USD) scrub. I will try Philosophy AG scrub next.