September 18, 2014 | 1409 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - E.L.F. - Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't have all that much money to spend on high end make-up products, so even though I'm sure other products would do a better job and I would love to have them - this does the job fine for me! I spray this on before and after I apply my make-up and I have seen a noticeable difference in how long it lasts as compared to before. I work from home so I don't need my make-up to last all day long in an office and I only slap it on if I am going out, so I bought this mainly for when I go out on weekends. Does the job fine and was only NZ$6 - better for me than paying NZ$50+ for the Urban Decay one I really wanted :D

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Kirplunk0

I love this for a dewy face but i dont know if it prolongs makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by star0angel

For this price, I'd say it's pretty great. Everyone who says they have an issue with it not actually 'misting' the product but more like just spraying it on, I can help you solve that. I used up a misting bottle of a toner, and just poured this in there. The finer mist I got from the toner bottle works much better. The original packaging does not really mist the product but spray it directly which just causes a puddle of product on your face, and this is how I solved it.

My face is always oily, and I have horrible acne. This product really made a huge difference for me, my makeup didn't smear after a 3 hour Chemistry lab today. I really like it, I use it as a primer and to set my makeup. There isn't really a scent to this, so don't worry about your face smelling weird. I'd recommend this, and I'd buy it again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kodancerbabeee

I have mixed feelings.

Pros:
-feels refreshing in the morning
-extends makeup life slightly
-doesn't cause makeup to smear
-when paired with E.L.F.'s eye primer, it does extend eye shadow life

Cons:
-I can't tell if it makes a difference alone
- Doesn't help for long term wear

Although it doesn't make much of a difference, it does slightly, and it feels refreshing. For such little money, I'd say it's worth it overall, at least to try out. I probably will repurchase when it runs out

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Hannahkinlaw

Doesn't really do anything, my makeup didn't seem different with it on.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by MissMata18

Even though it is only $3, I didn't find it would make a difference to my makeup application. It definitely didn't make my foundation last longer. I only like how it feels when I spray it on my face but I just don't see a real use to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually like this but I use it more to refresh when I'm sweating bullets. I use Missha,BRTC, or UD All Nighter or Deslick setting spray 1st. While I'm out though if the weather is super hot and i'm sweating I spray this and I'm cooled down and my makeup doesn't run at all. Yes, the sprayer leaves a lot more to be desired. The formula itself though is good and has good ingredients for the price. I have used it a lot this summer and I wear eye makeup pretty much everyday plus blush, and mascara. It does not make anything run once you set it before you go out. My makeup does last a lot longer too. I have tried this alone and the results were pretty good but not as good as UD and the others we know about.

For the price it does a good job for refreshing your self during the day because it won't ruin your look. I will purchase another because it does make a good skin refresher. So to me the product is worth it because it won't ruin your makeup and it keeps you cool, and your MU will last. For 3$ I'm sold because it does more good than bad. The sprayer bites we know that but it does work for me when I use it after a stronger setting spray. On it's own I think in the Fall/Winter it would hold up better than Summer. I can't hate on it because it does do some good things. Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by vwbeadedprincess

AADORABLE Bottling of this product simple and a clearish black plastic and a great sprayer that never broke. I got this product about 2 months ago and im finally running out, but for 3 dollers a pop is so reasonable for this great product. Last for about 9 hours and when i spay it i also patt it around to make sure my face is completly moist. i do wear this after applying neutragena oil control foundation and rimmel stay matte powder LOVE!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by 78peahen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used Model in a Bottle which made me itch (turned out to be a mild allergy to lavender), then I used the Urban Decay All-Nighter (LOVED!), then this. It does the same thing the UDAN does, but it's $3!

Yes, it's a much smaller bottle.
Yes, the bottle it comes in is awful (you can forget about a "mist").

I simply transferred it to my empty UDAN bottle. ;)

NOTE: I'm in the process of switching everything over to natural products, so I use an aloe juice, witch-hazel and glycerine spray for everyday setting, but for special occasions (like an outdoor concert or something like that), I grab this (I keep it in the fridge since it's a little while between uses -- and because it feels nice cold). It even keeps my natural/organic mascara that is not waterproof in place. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

This is a great setting spray for $3!