E.L.F. Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray

3.7

Water (Aqua), AMP-Acrylates/Allyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice, Green Tea (Camelia Sinensis) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vc), Tocophryl Acetate (Ve) Retinyl Acytate (Va), Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 6/23/2014 9:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

** Not Tested On Animals **

I'm surprised this has gotten more positive reviews than NYX Setting Spray? Different strokes for different folks, I guess!

This did nothing in terms of keeping my makeup on all day. The nozzle was terrible, it squirted a stream of liquid instead of a fine mist. I guess it smells nice. I have DIY'd an equally effective spray using rose water. Definitely would not re-purchase, which is a shame because e.l.f. is a great brand!

on 6/11/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have never bought any expensive setting sprays so I wouldnt know how to compare this to those, but I have been using my own DIY rosewater/glycerin spray and love it. This product was okay, i wasn't a fan of the awkward smell and it didn't do anything special other than remove the powdery look. I used it mainly to help make my eyeshadows pop more, but never really used it as a face spray.

on 6/8/2014 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

it's alright actually, in winter it's really nice to take away that powdery look and keep your skin looking glowy but in summer, it doesn't do very much to keep your makeup on, if anything it made me feel sticky in the heat

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HAD A HORRIBLE ALLERGIC REACTION to this product. I SO WISH I COUKD POST PIX HERE!!! OMG !!! Eyes, lips & face swelled up & I had itchy, crusty RASH over much of my face...I even ended up in the ER in the middle of the night !!!( which was the nite of my 25th anniversary dinner w my sweet husband)!! I was soo hoping this product was gonna b my HG spring/summer product to keep makeup from 'sliding off my face' as I live in the Deep South. I can't stand the alcohol in 'Model In A Bottle'. ...& yes, I am POSITIVE it was from this product as I has 2 allergic reactions prior to the 3rd ( & most severe.) After the 2nd reaction, I was suspicious of this product as it was new so I stopped wearing ALL makeup (even moisturizer) & tried just ONE cosmetic every couple days to 'rule out' ea one. Wen I misted this product on my face 13 days ago, I immediately knew it was the 'culprit.' I had the same eye & lip swelling ...& generalized crusty (& VERY ITCHY) rash over much of my face. I didn't even leave the house for the first few days b/c I looked so awful. ...After 13 days, drooping & crusty rash under my left eye is STILL visible!! I thot this product was a 'winner' was no alcohol, and that it was 'good for my skin' w the aloe, cucumber ..& vitamins..,but I was quite mistaken. One of the biggest ingredients is PROPYLENE GLYCOL (which is wat ANTIFREEZE is made of.)..& PROPYLENE GLYCOL has properties that cause this product to get thru to the deeper layers of skin. So, this 'light mist' is HEAVY DUTY stuff for your skin to 'process." I'm not saying don't use it, just beware...especially if u r prone to chemical sensitivity. Sigh ...

I really do love this product, although I will admit that the results aren't necessarily dramatic. Personally, I don't find that this really extends the wear time of my makeup-- if it does, it's only by an hour or so. But this product IS really nice to apply after you've finished your makeup to make it look more natural. I use it whenever my makeup looks a little powdery. I've also used some foundations in the past that could get a little cakey and heavy looking-- for a quick fix, I spritzed on some of this spray and then after it had dried just a little (so it was still damp, but not wet) I patted my skin with my fingers or a beauty blender and it removed some of the excess product and made my makeup look better. I've used an Urban Decay setting spray and I didn't think it was anything special, plus I found (and maybe my nozzle was just clogged) that the UD spray would spray in a very concentrated way, so that I'd have to spritz my face like ten times to get all of my skin covered. With this spray, I can usually use only 2-3 sprays to cover my whole face. For what it is and for the price, it's a great product. I was a little underwhelmed by it at first but I've grown to love it and I use it just about every day. I'm almost out of it now (and I bought it probably about 6 or 7 months ago, although I didn't use it consistently in the beginning) and I'm going to buy another bottle or two soon.

on 5/11/2014 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't give a negative review, but I also can't say I'd repurchase. It sets the powder but it also makes my face look shiny... It does what it says but with cons.

on 5/6/2014 8:12:00 AM

I've gone through about four of these! This is the best setting spray EVER!!! I got one as a gift and now, I'm in love<3 I use this so much because it sets down all the powder on your face!

on 4/23/2014 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried a lot of setting sprays from Mac & Urban Decay to NYX and they're all pretty similar on my opinion. I don't think that this makes my makeup last longer but it does make my powder foundation look more natural. It's a very fine mist with no smell. Also this hasn't made me break out like the urban decay all nighter did. I would definitely buy this again especially because it's so much less expensive than most other makeup setting sprays.

on 4/17/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've always had issues with getting my cheek products to actually stay on my face for more than 2 hours... I tried this once and from 6pm to 4am the next morning, ALL my bronzer, blush and highlighter was in place and still gorgeous!! That's 10 hours of perfectly contoured cheekbones.

As for my foundation, it had worn off a fair bit but I still had decent coverage and the texture of my usually dry/bumpyish skin was better than normal and felt pretty comfortable.

For $3 this stuff is amazing and would buy again any day.

on 4/3/2014 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Good product, not the best. Ben Nye Final Seal is the best!!!!

At 3 dollars, pretty good value.

Packaging is ok, no frills.

Video Reviews & Tutorials