December 22, 2014 | 1625 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Stipple

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by zalime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

just got this from post. ordered it when its 50% off n i got 2 cuz ive always loved elf's brushes! but not this one. it is far too sparse and totally flattened. :( the powder brush is way better. shoulda stocked that up instead

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own the mac 187 which this is obviously a dupe for. The most noticeable difference between the two is the ELF has less hairs. So it is not that good for foundation application...Its too splotchy...However, it is just perfect for my cream blush. I can't tell the difference when applying blush between this and the 187. I think it was worth it just for that, because it was during a 50% off sale, so it was only $1.50! It is also a very attractive looking brush. I love the look of all the studio brushes.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh E.L.F. this was such a disappointment. After the success of the powder brush and kabuki I was expecting great things from this brush. Unfortunately it just did not deliver. Like the other E.L.F. brushes the bristles are super soft. The problem, I believe, is that the brush is simply not dense enough. It does not work for stippling at all, too soft and too few bristles. It did not pick up the liquid foundation well at all. It doesn't particularly pick up any powder well either, although it isn't bad for blending.
I would stay away from this brush, which although cheap $3, it simply isn't worth the money. Save your money and invest in the many other E.L.F studio brushes which are indeed great value.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

yes it is flimsy, but i still find it great for liquid foundation! and nothing cqan beat the price! no shredding and no problems with the brush what so ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by marilyn224

I already have two back-ups of this brush. I absolutely love it, and for $3, it's a complete steal! I have not experienced shedding whatsoever, and am still using my first brush (which I've used every single day since October 2010) and it's still in perfect condition. I use Johnson's Head to Toe Baby Wash to clean it after every use. Would repurchase again and again.. wait... I already have!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by rockerchic4251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

so i got this brush when i first started to wear liquid foundation. all of the "cool kids" of youtube were using stippling brushes, so i wanted to join the club too! i really didnt want to shell out 42 dollars for a MAC 187 though, so i got this one for only 3 bucks! i ordered it online and when it arrived i was ESTATIC! until i used it. this thing is SO FLIMSY. its good for blush, i guess. but i was so disappointed. ): i use a sephora stipple brush now-37$ but totally worth it.
ELF really disappointed me here. D:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually love this brush. I use it for putting on my liquid foundation, and it gives me a very light, perfectly blended application, which is exactly what I'm looking for. If you want filter coverage, this brush is not for you. I think it would be great for applying blushes that are really pigmented, so I think i'm going to pick up another one for that. For 3 bucks, how can you beat that?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this brush a 2 because it doesn't do what it's made to do & is mediocre at the other purposes it could be put to. It is WAY too flimsy and not anywhere near dense enough for any kind of stippling (the Powder Brush is better for that). It could probably be used for blush, highlighter, or anything else a loosely packed brush is good for but its shape & flimsy bounce-back does not allow for an accurate application. It's probably best for heavy-handed people who want a very light application of a product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by barblekay

I was a bit surprised when I received this brush in the mail. It's not dense at all so I don't use it for liquid foundation. I use it for blush and it works awesome. It helps me distribute blush evenly on my cheek bones. It's fairly cheap so I will repurchase for that purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:09:00 AM More reviews by rvdiaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It isn't durable enough for liquid foundation, it needs to be fuller, i use it for powder or blush, will not repurchase because it I already have a kabuki brush that does basically the same job.