September 19, 2014 | 1862 users online

Highlighters - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I have just very light undereye discoloration, but I've never been happy with any undereye concealer. I hate when it creases, or looks too unnaturally light, or just gets gross. Touche Eclat, however, changed everything! I bought it on a whim as I had a $20USD VIB card from Sephora, basically giving me half off. I'd heard raves about it for ages, and now that I own it and have been using it for three weeks, I love it too. It's very easy to apply and blend, and just looks like "look at me, I'm so rested and refreshed," not "look at me, I'm trying to cover up darkness with pure white!" I'm MAC NC20-25, and this shade was definitely my best match. I also like to use it where I get red, such as around my nose or mouth during the winter. To set it, I apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Medium with a 224 brush just under my eyes or around the nose/mouth/chin. It does double as a great light concealer, which is nice when you don't want to be weighed down by product. It still leaves me looking dewy, fresh, and natural. I love the pen applicator, since it is super easy to take anywhere. A fantastic product that I will continue to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by ranger2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great under eye brightener that also doubles as a concealer. This gives me nice coverage with a subtle highlight. This product also has nice staying power and is very simple to use. Very happy with this purchase, definitely will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 4:19:00 PM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to give this a try because all the rave reviews every makeup artist in the world has given it, but after a month of use, I must say I'm not that impressed. I have naturally very dark undereyes and this has nothing to do with concealer in my opinion. I prefer Helena Rubinstein's Magic Concealer for that job. So I use Toche Eclat for highlighting only and it does it decently. Still I can't understand what's the fuzz is all about and don't think I'll buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Very nice as a very subtle highlighter. Not greasy at all! I sometimes use for my dark circles. I'm N15 (leaning toward NC) & I like #1 for a highlighter.

CONS: Expensive. Too thin for bad circles.

ALTERNATES: HE - Chanel Eclat Lumiere (I think it's even more divine than this.) For a bit of subtle shimmer, Laura Mercier's Secret Brightener.

REMOVAL TIPS: If using this for more than the eyes and you are prone to clogging, you may want to remove this with a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser.

*****There are more reviews for this in the primer/corrector category. (I don't know why it's under that category.)********

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by jmsk112486

I am an absolute total makeup junkie. If it is on the market I've probably tried it. However, I resisted buying the YSL Touche Eclat because a. I thought I don't under eye concealer, b. it can't be that great, and c. its damn expensive for such a little thing. Now that I've tried it, it pretty nulls all of the above. I got mine during FF sale and first I tried the sample. I hated the sample because it felt really thick and seemed to move my foundation around. I decided to try the actual product and OMG; it's totally awesome! I look rested, awake and literally glowing. I love the way it look and feels so far. Best of all it doesn't seem to settle into my non-existent wrinkles that some under eye concealer is prone to (looking at Bobbi Brown, Benefit) I think every need under eye concealer, you just have the find the right one... I think I found mine.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this under the impression that it was both a highlighter AND a concealer. I'm very fair with dark hair and naturally dark circles under my eyes so I'm always on the hunt for great concealers. This is a total disappointment for me and I am going to return it to Sephora - even on FF sale it's not worth keeping. The one nice thing I can say about it was that it didn't crease. After applying it I just looked as tired as before. Obviously I need stronger more opaque concealers like Laura Mercier or Bobbi Brown. If you are buying this only as a concealer - try it first as it is a very expensive item to be such a failure for me. If you just want a highlighter maybe you'll like it. Just not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2010 10:45:00 PM More reviews by tobermory12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product did seem to help with highlighting and lighting the dark spots in the inner corner of my eyes. However, I was advised by the salesperson at YSL counter to ensure that I wipe the brush off after use with a tissue and rubbing alcohol. She didn't say why exactly, but I soon found out because after a couple of weeks, mould (or was it mildew?) started growing in the base of the brush. It could not be removed. The entire tube had to be junked, and it would appear that for $50, I had cultivated some rather expensive fungi. Sad, really, because pre-mouldy brush, I liked the product and what it did for me. But because of the packaging flaw, I would not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 1:13:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for variation's sake when I really missed that Mr. Givenchy Light. Pas la meme chose. Touche Eclat in lightest shade, #1, had the same pink-light color as Mr. Light (which may seem strange for pink to cover undereye blue areas) however Mr. light covers the blue (!? yes! the shock!) and Touche Eclat does not. It also does not go well with all foundations, sometimes it cakes up (like with YSL Teint Mat). I think it is more silicone-ey than Mr. Light, I have no idea who invented this first, YSL or Givenchy, and I mean no harm done to anyone's copyright by comparing the two, but I must say - Touche Eclat, I expected better from you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by msclaudia

My favorite under eye concealer, I much much much prefer this to Bare Escentuals, Laura Mercier Concealer, and MAC which all suck for me. Touche Eclat is not cakey, doesn't settle into fine lines, and looks smooth and natural while making my eyes look nice and bright. The trick is to brush it on, LET IT DRY a bit, and then gently pat it to blend and even it out.

The cost and packaging irks me, I hate that my germaphobia makes me want to wash the brush before I use it but then I get all worried about contaminating the remaining concealer in the tube. So the brush continues to go unwashed, I spritz it with alcohol and wipe every so often. This doesn't do well over pimples but it looks great under the eyes, in the inner corners of the eyes, and on the brow bone as a subtle highlighter. I'm asian, medium toned skin with yellow undertones and the #1 (which is made for fair to light complexions with pink undertones) looks good albeit very bright on me. I'm excited that they released #8 which is made for light to medium complexions with yellow/golden undertones, I'll be buying that once this tube is done.

UPDATE

Bumped this down to 2 stars. Not sure which ingredient it was, but it started making my skin patchy dry and flaky where ever I applied it. I suspect it's the mineral oil. I hate the fact that YSL makes premium priced products with subpar ingredients. I guess it should be expected from a fashion brand. Also, it doesn't actually conceal things I need concealed like blemishes/acne, it basically only brightens up the eyes. Returned this ages ago and will never be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 7:15:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Misty Soft is one of the new eyeshadow duos available from Chanel. Even though my collection is quite huge I recently realized I have a pattern: Everything neutral-coolish in soft or dramatic browns is what rocks my boat and makes my blue-green eyes pop. So Misty-Soft turned out to be latest addition, I just had to have it. The brighter side of the duo is a very light, shimmery beige. I read a review elsewhere where somebody said it had lavender undertones. I'm torn about that statement. In artificial light there's nothing to be found but in natural light it actually does seem to have a subtle lilac sheen. It's a very pretty, very unique colour I hadn't had yet. The finish on the lid is bright and luminous and it leaves enough colour to actually look like eyeshadow on me. I could well imagine, however, that it would look too subtle on girls with darker skin (I'm NC15, for reference). As for the dark brown, it's very cool, matte & muted. A lovely shade to compliment blue eyes, I must say. It goes well with the lighter eyeshadow and it's easy to apply & blend. No fallout at all!! I figure it would make a lovely smoky eyes combination if you layer the colour but it's also easy to do a nude-ish office look by just accenting crease and lashlines. Both shades are absolutely colourfast so what you see is what you get on the lid which is something I always find important. I've had one too many disappointments regarding that. When looking in the mirror my eyemake-up is definitely on the cool side, they're not quite as neutral as other neutrals which should be interesting to winter types such as me. In combination with Chanel's "Pink Explosion" blush the look is perfect & flawless! The eyeshadow comes in the trademark black laquer box, complete with two applictors (that I don't use) & mirror. It's a solid weight but still small enough to not take up a lot of space. The price for this pretty baby is a whopping 36 but, in my book, worth every single cent. Highly recommended!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No