September 20, 2014 | 1175 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Z67

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I just bought this foundation today after explaining to the sales lady that I need a new foundation for spring/summer and that I'm tired of using matte foundations- they make me look older and really dry out my skin. So after explaining what I could do to make the foundations I have be more luminous (dewy, glowing etc) she also suggested Vitalumiere as a new foundation to my routine. I've seen this foundation before and I've heard all the hype for it, so after matching me to 12 Beige Rose because of the pinkiness in it, I was happy to make my first Chanel purchase. Until I tried it on at home and saw it in the natural light. It looked super PINKY on me, not orange. It was a pure pink color. I was horrified. After all, this applied like a dream, covered up what needed to be covered and I didn't have to use so much...but why? I'm kind of turned off to try another.. I do wish to try Perfection Lumiere next time, but I'm at a crossroad on whether to continue making this work by lightening it or just returning/exchanging it for another. Shame!! And it was my first purchase :/

UPDATE 03/10/14:
After ranting on here, I decided to order a white water based foundation to help with the mixing of making this foundtion work with my skin. Hopefully it won't change in its consistency but alter the color a bit. :) I'll update again on how that works out.

UPDATE 04/11/14:
After purchasing MAC F&B in white, I was excited to mix it with it. My results are now a true pink foundation (!) which was unexpected. I still like the formula and how it feels on my face, but this isn't enough. Maybe returning it for the beige tone will help with the undertone now? I don't know, but I still don't like it even after mixing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by nicolawetselaar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation i have ever used!
This foundation is more of a true liquid foundation. It has to be shaken very well before being applied. It's water based and has a very thin consistency. Which means it feels like nothing on the skin. The coverage depends on the person. If you have cystic acne or love full coverage then i would probably steer clear of this because the coverage will probably be considered very light to you. I have acne prone skin so some blemishes in random spots on face and scarring from them (very mild and it's never been cystic) and for me the coverage is light-medium and very buildable. It does not completely cover my areas of trouble but it does reduce the appearance. It has quite a strong fragrance (which i personally love) so sensitive skin, use at your own risk. I think my favourite component of this foundation is that it looks invisible on the skin and it seems to be popular with every skin type, from dry to oily! My skin is very oily and it does not completely stop my oil from seeping through (that's impossible for me), but it does control my oil a lot better then most of my other foundations even if i don't set it with a powder. It has a very natural skin-like finish, not particularly matte and not particularly dewy. The packaging is great as well, so convient for travel! The only faults i have with this foundation is the price, in Australia it's $77, and the colour range, it's not that great for a high-end foundation. But overall this foundation is amazing. If another one of my foundations is not working out for me, i can always rely on this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 8:53:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This foundation is just awful (for me, that is). No matter how I apply it, I end up with a patchy face. It clings to every single dry spot on my face (oily acne-prone using bp daily). I have tried several application ways because I really wanted to like the foundation. Brush, sponge, fingers. You name it. Best way for me was the fingers. Regardless the application by the end of my working day I look like a complete mess - the foundation is clearly visible in my pores but it is nowhere to find on my face. It's gone. It is a disaster in a bottle! I was so curious to try it and I am oh so dissapointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Mila422

I love the way this makes my skin look, literally my skin but better. However, something in the product really irritated my skin causing a contact dermatitis like reaction. I don't typically have sensitive skin so I was so disappointed. I tried it like 5 times on different occasions each time it would just get worse. So sad :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:35:00 PM More reviews by wollie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let's start by saying that this is one of my first review on MUA. I've been searching high and low for a new daytime/casual foundation for MONTHS now. I was using Laura Mercier Oil Free Moisturizer for daytime looks (blending the nude and sand depending on the season and my skin color from outdoor exposure) for 2 years. Before that I was using MUFE high def for day and night looks (also custom blending 2 shades for the perfect match depending on season). A year ago my skin started to change-hormones,age etc...I was always oily and prone to breakouts but it just got worse. The LM and MUFE items were leaving me way to oily by mid-day. I'm talking oil slick city. By the end of the day it was practically sliding off of my face. Also, the LM & more so the MUFE was causing blackheads/clogged pores in places I never had problems before. I am at the point in life where I get monthly cystic acne that often lands me in the dermatologist for an injection to take down the actual pimple. So in the last few months, I tried the all-Amani, Yves St. Laurent, MAC, Buxom, Laura Mercier, Tarte, Stila, Bobby Brown ,Elizabeth Arden, Vichy and some others from France that can be found in CVS here in NYC. I never thought that Chanel would have what I needed. Here I am 3 weeks into regular wearing and very happy with this product. It has a strong but beautiful scent, is virtually invisible and yet hides my small imperfections. If you have bigger blemishes/acne scars, you will need concealer. If you have undereye circles, you will need concealer. I have both and with some help from my HG concealer, cle de peau (beige and ocre), they are erased. Alone this foundation will get shiny fast, but with a quick, light brush of the Chanel Les Beiges powder (also amazing as is their universal loose poweder), it is perfection. My husband even made a comment on how great and natural my skin looks, which for day, is exactly what I was looking for. IT DID NOT MAKE ME BREAK OUT AT ALL, and trust me, for that I am willing to pay big $$. Speaking of $, it isn't cheap and the bottle is small. In truth, you really don't need much of this stuff. I initially purchased Beige 30 on the insistence of the sales lady, but I ended up going back and exchanging it for Beige 40. I have NC20-25, very light olive Italian skin with yellow undertones. The Chanel match isn't perfect but it is completely workable-in truth, I will probably repurchase the Beige 30 and blend it with the 40, which I often did with my previous go to foundations. For night, I am now using Chanel's Mat Lumiere, which I love and will also review separately.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this foundation. Have had it for quite a while and recently started using it again. I use illamasqua primer then I use my sigma brush to sweep on and stipple over for more coverage. I then use benefit boing concealer under my eyes. Stipling the foundation on gives so much more coverage and covers my freckles and uneven skin. Only gave 4 stars as does seem to go oily through the day

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by tabscarlon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The colour range is a little limiting as I am REALLY fair but the B10 shade is ok for summer, it add's a little colour to my face and it's super easy to blend down the neck so you can't tell at all it's slightly darker. But during winter I won't be able to use this. And I can only apply a very light layer.

I always apply this foundation with a brush, I find it gives a way better finish then just with your fingers. I won't apply powder over this foundation as you loose the glowing affect and also I find that when I do put powder over the top it actually makes my skin more oily after a few hours.

I just wish this came in lighter shades and I would really love this product. This does how ever dry my skin out a little if I use it constantly. The alcohol content is pretty high.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation!! Its not my favourite bur i still love it! It has this perfect second skin effect that i love! I have oily skin and this gives you a semi matte finish but with a glow.. There is no glitter or shimmer so i really dont know how they do it! Packaging is great too! The only let down is this does not control oil too well and does not last as long as i would want it too! Not ideal for work days for me however if im going out anywhere in the day for a few hours etc this is perfect! Sheer to medium buildable coverage! And smells amaaaazing!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by snapyojaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm a long-time slave of Laura Mercier & Chanel but I've always swayed towards Laura for everyday foundation. I was in the market for a lighter wearing, water-based foundation and was shown the Vitalumiere Aqua by Chanel.

It wears nice, the color matches well and it doesn't appear chalky or overly dewy. However, it does seem to wear off quickly and fails to cover slight redness (nose area or blemishes), making me have to layer on a heavier concealer.

If you already have close to flawless skin, this would be a great foundation for you. But for moderate coverage, it doesn't really do the job. Also, it takes A LOT to cover your full face. At least 4x as much as the Laura Flawless Skin.

I'll finish the bottle but I will be switching back to Laura or trying another Chanel product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Miloshy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

well...I love this foundation because it looks so natural, it's like putting on your face another layer of perfect skin. I usually get a medium coverage by using Chanel n.6 foundation brush (I squeeze the bottle 2 times...so yeh the amount of 2 pumps)....I tried applying it with the real tecniques miracle complexion sponge and i don't know why but it didn't look so good...usually that sponge makes my other foundations look so good on me (Chanel Perfection lumiere and Smashbox 15 hour hydratying foundation). I tried applying it also with my fingers but I didn't like the result, I guess I'm not good at using my hands since I always use brushes. I've got a couple of acne scars on my chin and occasional breakouts that I cover up with green concelear and then on the top I apply this foundation so my skin looks flawless. I didn't break me out, it's not comedogenic, it doesn't contain any oils. I just hate shaking it all the time. But I'm definitely gonna repurchase it.