November 28, 2014 | 1868 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by RazorBladeKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only color in this brand that I use is sparking sapphire. I rarely wear drug store eyeshadows.It is a dark blue with glitter in it that is highly pigmented. I get a lot of compliments when I wear this shadow. Workers at the MAC counter thought I was wearing one of their shadows. And it doesnt fade. Lasts for over 12 hrs.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by LilithAZ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

These eyeshadows are really hit or miss. Some colors are too chalky and not easy to spread, and others are rich and very pigmented and will last on me all day and even a trip to the pool! It all depends.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by saphire82

I had a few in HS and I think one or two was a good highlighter, nothing special. I havent really bought any until recently. I saw "crystal waters" and thought it was a really pretty quad with deep dark blue, a deep greener shimmery dark blue, a mint green and a very pretty crystal like highlighter. To bad none of them showed up like they looked in the package whatsoever. Very disappointed, it looks like it couldve created a very pretty dramatic look. I tried scraping off the top layer to see if it was just hardened or something and after some crumbled off and revealed a fresh layer (not that it shouldntve been fresh already) it worked a LITTLE better, but still not as good as I wished. I also got "mystic charm" trio because it was on clearance. The peach color is great, goes on easy, the dark greem shimmery one, cant even get it to go on, and then theres a greyish tan color that I havent care for.

If you want good drugstore eyeshadows. Go for Milani, Revlon, Isadora, maybelline is hit and miss but I do think they're O K., dont waste your time with l'oreal, and last but not least Sally Girl from sally beauty supply which I need not explain anything, just search for the review's.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2007 5:37:00 PM More reviews by beautygirrl

The shadows weren't pigmented enough, even for my ghostly light skin tone it looked really faded as if I wore them all day and kept rubbing my eyes. The only time I would ever even think about using it is when I want to look like I am not wearing makeup at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

These shadows are terrible. I purchased Berries & Cream quad and the color doesn't show up on my East Asian skin. Very chalky and not at all smooth. I would not purchase these again until they get a new formulation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2007 10:43:00 PM More reviews by glorylight4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

DESCRIPTION:
These shadows come packaged in a fliptop plastic case with a see-through lid and a blue bottom. There are singe shadows, trios, and quads available. The shadows are shaped rectangularly, and there is a double ended sponge applicator (one end is pointed and the other is flat) that comes with the shadow. A single shadow (0.09 oz, package dimensions W: 2.52'' x H: 2.01'' x D: 0.48'') runs for about 3 USD, a trio set (0.17 oz of product, package dimensions W: 2.89'' x H: 2.35'' x D: 0.55'') runs about 5 USD, and a quad (0.19 oz of product, package dimensions W: 2.88'' x H: 2.35'' x D: 0.47'') runs about 5.00-5.50 USD. The shadows are hit or miss. They feel a little chalky, and most are not pigmented.

PROS:
The price is fairly reasonable. Some shadows are fairly pigmented and are a good bargain (I believe Shimmering Onyx and Swiss Chocolate are two such examples), but others are simply chalky and pigmentless.

CONS:
The lack of pigment in many of the shadows. If you are very fair, and don't need a lot of pigment for shadow to show up on your skin, I guess they would work for you. I have medium toned South Asian skin (somewhere around NC35 I think) and they just look pasty white on me. A lot of the trios also have shadows in them that look almost the exact same on my skin. So even if I pack it on, I still can't get any color gradation between the light and dark shades, and my eyelids have this chalky, uniform shade on them. I have tried Sea Glass and Golden Sunset (the middle shade is a knock off of MAC Amber Lights and is a somewhat chalky and sparklier version of Milani's Sun Goddess) trios among others. The staying power is not terrible but it's not great either. Without primer, it can last about 2-4 hours. As for the packaging, it is horribly cheap and will most likely break in your bag, causing the shadow to end up all over the place. The hinges that open the lid are cheap and break easily. The sponge tipped shadow applicators, as you might expect, are cheap, but will do in a makeup emergency.

VERDICT:
I would be very careful when purchasing these. There are the few shadows that look nice and are pigmented, but on the whole, I would avoid them. They are chalky and of low quality. Other drugstore brands like NYX, Prestige, Jane, Milani and Wet 'n' Wild make much better eye shadows and sell them at comparable (or lower) prices.

LIST OF INGREDIENTS:

As you know, different shadows have different ingredients, but I have included the list off of the Golden Sunset trio, just to give you an idea.

Almost all CoverGirl eye shadows contain mica.

Talc , Mica , Mineral Oil Huile Minerale , Boron Nitride , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Calcium Silicate , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Quaternium-15 , BHT , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate Sparkle Shades May Also Contain , Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate Sparkle Shades May Also Contain , Synthetic Fluorphlogopite Sparkle Shades May Also Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain , Iron Oxides May Contain , Bismuth Oxychloride May Contain , Manganese Violet May Contain , Ultramarines May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens May Contain , Carmine May Contain , Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide May Contain continued >>

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSkye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this quad in Earth Signs and there is a shimmery god that is absolutely awesome. The brown/tan color is very nice as well. There is a glittery black which I haven't really used, but it may have possibilities. I adore the gold though and I felt it had really good staying power even without base. It was subtle but brightened my eyes (brown).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by angelenvy

I purchased mint or creme de menthe,...it was alight green and it is chalky, crumbly and doesn't show up very well. Just looked like a light coloured something on my lips. Very bad quality. Purchase anything else....please.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2007 11:17:00 AM More reviews by mrshopkins

I have it in Midnight Jazz. It a brown/grey/black color on me. Real smoky and dramatic. It looks shimmery in the container but I don't see any shimmer on my skin. It holds up really well, It lasts me all day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in Violet Frappe and Swiss Chocolate. While the packaging always breaks fast it is awfully cheap in price, so I can live with that. The Violet Frappe shade is the best purple shade for green eyes. I have tried other purples from Estee Lauder, Revlon and L'Oreal and this is still THE BEST. For a nice, neutral, but warm alternative the Swiss Chocolate shade is great for bringing out the green-blue shades in my eyes. I would recommend using a base to help decrease creasing thru out the day, but overall these are the best eye colors I have found.