September 19, 2014 | 1605 users online

Loose Powders - Coty - Airspun Loose Face Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by BelleRosse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Now, Ive tried Honey Beige and Naturally neutral and liked them both. Im somewhere between NV 35- 40.. Honey Beige is more of a peachy shade and naturally neutral is more of a beige/neutral shade. Now off with the shades, coming to the actual performance of this powder..
I use this as an everyday powder foundation. Im a stay at home mom, so i use this as a single application once in the morning and thats it.. Sometimes, if its humid out, or if im doing lot of chores, i might have to touch up once in the evening, but thats it. Ive literally stopped searching for loose powders any more. I like this soo much that im now looking for loose powder compacts so that i can carry it on the go as well.

As i said, that i use this as a powder foundation, in my case i dont have problematic skin, no do i have perfect skin. I do have few freckles & pores on my cheeks, redness around the nose and some slight uneven pigementation(which get covered up with any powder) to start with. This powder doesnt cover up those freckles, but covers up the pores(mean to say, makes them look smaller or blurs them) and neutralizes the redness around the nose. On bad skin days, I layer it further to get that foundation kinda finish, and it doesnt look cakey.

I really like this and this has a permanent spot in my stash. Most people doesnt like the fragrance, but to me, i dont smell any fragrance at all.
The only con is that sometimes, (on a bad skin day) i could see a greyish/ashy tint under some lightings. So this is the only reason that ive ordered BenNye banana powder and topaz powder and im really waiting to compare these both.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Taylorlx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is THE best powder I have ever used! I have this in translucent and it really does live up to all of the hype and good reviews. For one thing, it blurs the pores very well and reduces shine. I have combination skin, it's very dry and flaky in some areas but my T-zone always gets very oily (I mean VERY oily! It looks like I applied olive oil directly onto my forehead nose and chin sometimes!) and this product keeps my face fairly matte looking for a few hours (I'd say 3 on a "bad" skin day, 5 or 6 on a good one) before I need to blot or touch it up. As far as I'm concerned, it really is translucent. I can't see it on my skin at all and it doesn't wash me out in pictures like some people have claimed. However, it is the beginning of the spring so I'm not tan yet, and I do tend to get very dark in the summer so maybe that's when I'll see it, but it's nothing a bit of bronzer can't fix. :) Over full foundation, this powder looks flawless and fantastic, but even on days where I just wear concealer it still looks great. It does have a distinct smell, but I don't mind it at all, and it doesn't smell on the face, either.

All in all, this is a really great product for such a low price. The best powder I've ever tried, and I'll definitely be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Heath32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I always come back to this stuff; it really is the most finely "spun" face powder I've ever come across. I use it over concealer on minimalist days and it looks great, and it's good for setting foundation and evening out your complexion. I've grown to find the scent comforting; it's that classic smell that some would call "old lady-ish," but it doesn't make your face smell that way, if that's a concern. I apply it with an EcoTools brush, and you can build it and build it - it's difficult to make it look cakey. I tried a different brand of powder and couldn't believe how heavy it looked, because I was so used to the lightness of the Coty powder. My only complaint is that the packaging is very big and bulky - not good for traveling. I was sad to hear people say that it has "bad" ingredients in it.

Update: As much as it pains me to say it, I think I'm going to have to stop using this powder. Isopropyl, especially Isopropyl Palmitate, has been found to be extremely comedogenic when applied regularly and in large amounts. The first ingredient in this powder? Isopropyl Palmitate. I've had constantly clogged pores for years - the only thing in my routine that hasn't changed is this powder, so it seems pretty likely to be the culprit. I took off some lippies for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by swatters

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this powder every day, it is one of my favorites. I have used the same little paper tub for years. I'm a little sad that the packaging has changed, but it just makes me love the one I have even more. There is a very retro feel to it. It's so cheap and lasts forever, sets my foundation and is a classic for me. Love.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by beautypiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this product in "Translucent." I've been using this for a while, so I think I can review it now. First off, my skin is naturally quite dry and doesn't really produce oil on its own; however, I slather my face in sunscreen and moisturizer every day, so I can sometimes look a bit greasy when I step out of the house. So I can't speak to wear time if your skin is actively producing oil, but I do know how it applies and looks on skin that's got some oil on it already. Simple fact is, this powder actually does a great job of mattifying without making my skin look overly chalky or "oddly" matte. There's still a slight glow to my skin, but I don't leave the house looking like a greaseball. Second of all, that finish lasts all day; it doesn't look like the powder wears off my skin at all (although, as I said, my skin doesn't actively produce much oil, so your mileage may vary as with all face products).

There is a gentle, slightly sweet fragrance to the product, so you may want to skip this if your skin is sensitive to that kind of thing. I personally find it quite pleasant and not overpowering, sharp, or "chemical" at all. The product comes packaged in a tub with two lids: the upper one comes off easily and reveals a puff, and the one under the puff you have to pry up with your fingernails. I prefer a fluffy brush for powder application, but I've used the puff a few times and it applies okay as well.

Ultimately, whether you like this product will be entirely dependent on your skin chemistry and type. But I'd encourage you to give it a try--especially if you're not ultra-oily, you just want a nice silky smooth matte finish to your skin (which is the big runway makeup trend this year, as opposed to the bright dewy faces we've seen in previous springs). I will probably repurchase when I run out--which will take a while, there's a TON of product in there--because it's a nice, easy to use, no-fuss product that does exactly what I want it to.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by HeartsConsent

A friend of mine uses this product and her face looks flawless. I love how cheap it is and I will definitely buy it myself once I decide to wear some type of face product. The little cotton pad applicator is nice and soft. It smells like baby powder, but it's not that strong. I found it at Walmart, but decided against buying it for now, since I wouldn't have a real use for it. But seeing as how my friend's face looks so nice, I'd recommend it. Her face never gets cakey, and I love that.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Paigeparker13

I am 16 years old, living in HUMID HUMID Kentucky. My skin is and always has been so oily and the humidity only worsens this. I had no specific powder in mind because normally all I need it for is small touch ups over my mattifying Merle Norman Liquid Foundation.
While glancing around the isles, I stumbled upon this loose powder. I figured, why not? The price was appealing and the packaging was just okay.. Which is why I didn't give it a very high rating. It doesn't screw on which scares me and I'm too afraid to carry it with me throughout the day in anywhere but a safe, secure spot in my car.. Or fear of it coming open. ANYWAYS. I got home and was looking forward to try this on my face because it was about time for a touch up. I bought the translucent shade and was surprised to find that it has an odd scent? Which took me by surprise. I've read some reviewers had said they can't use it because of this but to me, the scent wears off in no time at all.
This product is absolutely amazing!!! Today was the first day I've ever looked in the mirror and had been pleasantly surprised at the level of oil on my face.. HARDLY ANY! (I applied this around 6:30 am and looked in the mirror for the first time to touch up around 3:00 pm)
I gave my Maybelline SuperStay Liquid Foundation a try under this powder to see how it really held up, seeing as that foundation tends to make me shiny. But not today! My face truly did look air brushed and flawless.. Even my boyfriend commented on how soft my skin looks! I can easily over look the scent and awful packaging.. Just a quick sweep over my makeup in the morning and MAYBE once or twice throughout the day. I sort of dont mind the little bit if natural shine that peeks through! Needless to say I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:50:00 AM More reviews by AlyK89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this on a whim after seeing it shoved all alone under the makeup brushes in my Walmart. It was under $5, so I thought I'd try it! I very much like the finish it gives my face, it feels silky, and overall it's pretty much the best loose powder I've used. It is very finely milled. The ones I see now are no longer in that cardboard box, so it's not so messy. You get a HUGE container and it will surely last years. I like to take a smaller loose powder compact, pop the sifter out and put some of this in it - for my purse :) Better than carrying around the huge container.

As for the smell, ah, I personally love it, and really I only smell it while I use it - it doesn't linger for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by Rapt1m3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This powder isn't appropriate for oily skin OR those who don't want mineral oil on their face. I thought I was going nuts when I'd use it to mattify my shiny areas, then feel greasy again quite soon. It's because it contains mineral oil and lanolin!

Too bad, I loved the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by JenniferJMK

I have been using this product forever! I hate to say it, but I have always been a little embarrassed to admit to loving this product. It is so inexpensive, and has a very "old grandma" feel to it. However, it is the greatest. I have extremely fair skin/shallow/combination skin. I have tried several other loose and pressed powders, but they all end up being too dark or they turn yellowish after a few hours. This powder stays true to its color, light in texture...but does a great job at setting foundation, hiding some imperfection, and never cakes up. Works well with a puff or a brush...looks flawless when buffed in with a brush. Even with daily/heavy use, it last me 6+ months.