September 23, 2014 | 1726 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer this cleanser over Paula's Choice Skin Recovery cleanser. It has a lighter consistency and removes makeup well without drying out my skin or irritating my eyes. (two important factors for me)
It's fragrance free and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. (rosacea and hormonal acne)

Plus the pump container is easier to use and there is no spillage of product on the sides of the bottle.
I don't have to order it online and wait for it to arrive in the mail. I can go to the drugstore and get it and if there's a sale, even better.

If you're looking a good cleanser that removes makeup without stripping your skin, this is worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Solacitaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I just want to say I was recommended this by a doctor & was hesitant solely because it was a drugstore product and I was using GM Collins which cleansers in Canada were at least 45$ without tax. But it's been a week so far & I see such a huge improvement. My acne scars are fading and my hormonal acne is healing. Now I've read quite a lot of reviews & just want to say a few things: number one, too people with oily skin as funny as this sounds after cleansing MOISTURIZE with an oil free product because it helps your skin feel less dehydrated; hence no need for the skin to produce a ton of oil.

When reading the following rules please don't let ones like below re route you. If you get a oil free paraben free face moisturizer, you should be fine. And if you have dry skin using this the bottle says normal to oily. Cerave has a hydrating face wash for all you dry skin folks.

Whenever I used it, my face never felt totally clean, and oddly enough felt tight and dry."

"This is exactly my experience. I was so excited to try this. My skin feels tight like I haven't rinsed but then it totally dries out. (I have the stuff for normal to oily skin) It is the first product I have used that actually feels like it is damaging my skin :("

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't let those comments give you doubt. And if your still worried ask your doctor

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by kittencuddler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this cleanser... until I realized my skin was getting tight and dehydrated because of it. It breaks my heart b/c this was really nice in every other way. It helps maintain your skin barrier and helped keep my skin clear of acne buuut yea, you should avoid this if you have dry or dehydrated skin. Oh well. If you have oily/combination skin then this would be amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

HG face wash for me! I have ridiculously sensitive skin and rosacea that tends to be on the oily side. I've tried all sorts of cleansers advertised as gentle, for sensitive skin, etc., and reacted badly to all of them. This leaves my skin clean and not dried out, and I've been using it for a couple of years now with no reaction at all. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend giving this a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by katesy82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to leave this review to recommend people test patch this product before using it all over your entire face. I made the mistake of not doing that and it's taking weeks for my skin to return to normal. I believe my skin reacted to the Niacinamide in this, but four uses has left my face and neck irritated and broken out in little and big spots all over. I do have sensitive skin but I have never had a reaction as bad as this to any other face wash before, and I have tried a Lot. Please proceed carefully if you're going to try this to make sure your skin likes it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got rid of my acne! I was so surprised an over the counter face wash could do that. It foams really well and makes my skin feel so clean. I've had people tell me it looks like my skin was radiating. I would buy this over and over as long as it keeps doing with it's been doing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. This cleared up most of my nasty pimples all over my t-zone and on my cheeks. I use this with my Clarisonic Mia. Nice ingredients too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Love! This is a no-frills, basic, unscented foaming cleanser that leaves my face squeaky clean- without the tight feeling you'd get from soap. It removes makeup and non-waterproof mascara just fine on its own, and does a nice job of cleaning when I use it to follow up after oil cleansing. All in all, a great product. I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Mom2Free

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser and am almost halfway through my second bottle. My skin is very clog/acne prone and I do not experience any breakouts from this product. I find it to be gentle yet effective. I had no idea how irritating other facial cleansers were for me until I started using this! I use this every night after pre-cleansing with oil and this routine has worked very well for me. However, I would not recommend this for those with dry skin - I think it would make your skin drier.

The product comes in a fairly large pump bottle which I like and have had no issues with. Pricewise, this is also great. The bottle is big and lasts for quite some time.

I will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by sashax3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now and love it so far. I have oily skin and am very prone to clogged pores, blackheads, and sometimes cystic zits. I wanted to try something on the milder side than what I normally use in attempt to minimize the oiliness. Usually, that means sacrificing cleansing power, my face not feeling cleansed or "fresh" enough, and usually a breakout of some kind. This strikes the perfect balance. It lathers well, I don't feel like I've left anything behind, but my face doesn't feel totally stripped, and my skin looks clearer and even. The packaging is great with a pump, but my only complaint would be that it's hard to travel with because of it's large size. I got it around 11 USD and see it lasting for a good while. It totally lives up to it's claims for me and am very pleased with it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No