November 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by palmbeachgirl

I bought this in hopes that it would get rid of these skin tone bumps on my face from lovely Proactiv. I purchased it at Kmart for 7.00$ on sale . After using for a week my bumps are 50% better!!! It washes off my makeup very well and leaves my skin feeling clean. I am super happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by iceboi

This product is Amazing! Holy grail product for me! I am currently on the Acne.org regimen and was hunting for a foaming cleanser that is cheaper and good for acne prone skin. This one takes it all! The cleanser has good packaging and foams like crazy. Its suitable for Combination to oily skin. Removes makeup and cleanses the skin all in one is what i am looking for. I buy this from Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian) for $12.99 SALE price but print a $2 off coupon from their facebook page which gets it down to $10.99 and usually stock up on 5 bottles. I run thru these like water gets used up fast one bottle lasts me a good 5 weeks. You definitely have to moisturise after using this tho those that find and say its drying well its only drying if you do not use anything after if you want hydrating then you should move on to the Hydrating Cleanser type. I find the combination of this cleanser with Acne.org BP Treatment and the CeraVe Lotion makes an amazing combination!I would definetly repurchase this cleanser and continue on using. Its better than Philosophy Purity Cleanser !!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I don't see what's supposed to be so great about this cleanser. It's pretty drying on my combo/oily skin, it doesn't lather up or rinse off easily, and I'm not seeing any of the benefits that are mentioned in some of the other reviews- like acne control and glowing skin. It's just not doing anything for me. In fact I started breaking out after I started using this which was a surprise I didn't want.
Too bad this product isn't a winner for me because it's good value for the price, big 12oz bottle for about $15. But I won't be buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:44:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I prefer this cleanser over Paula's Choice Skin Recovery cleanser. It has a lighter consistency and removes makeup well without drying out my skin or irritating my eyes. (two important factors for me)
It's fragrance free and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. (rosacea and hormonal acne)

Plus the pump container is easier to use and there is no spillage of product on the sides of the bottle.
I don't have to order it online and wait for it to arrive in the mail. I can go to the drugstore and get it and if there's a sale, even better.

If you're looking a good cleanser that removes makeup without stripping your skin, this is worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Solacitaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I just want to say I was recommended this by a doctor & was hesitant solely because it was a drugstore product and I was using GM Collins which cleansers in Canada were at least 45$ without tax. But it's been a week so far & I see such a huge improvement. My acne scars are fading and my hormonal acne is healing. Now I've read quite a lot of reviews & just want to say a few things: number one, too people with oily skin as funny as this sounds after cleansing MOISTURIZE with an oil free product because it helps your skin feel less dehydrated; hence no need for the skin to produce a ton of oil.

When reading the following rules please don't let ones like below re route you. If you get a oil free paraben free face moisturizer, you should be fine. And if you have dry skin using this the bottle says normal to oily. Cerave has a hydrating face wash for all you dry skin folks.

Whenever I used it, my face never felt totally clean, and oddly enough felt tight and dry."

"This is exactly my experience. I was so excited to try this. My skin feels tight like I haven't rinsed but then it totally dries out. (I have the stuff for normal to oily skin) It is the first product I have used that actually feels like it is damaging my skin :("

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't let those comments give you doubt. And if your still worried ask your doctor

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by kittencuddler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this cleanser... until I realized my skin was getting tight and dehydrated because of it. It breaks my heart b/c this was really nice in every other way. It helps maintain your skin barrier and helped keep my skin clear of acne buuut yea, you should avoid this if you have dry or dehydrated skin. Oh well. If you have oily/combination skin then this would be amazing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

HG face wash for me! I have ridiculously sensitive skin and rosacea that tends to be on the oily side. I've tried all sorts of cleansers advertised as gentle, for sensitive skin, etc., and reacted badly to all of them. This leaves my skin clean and not dried out, and I've been using it for a couple of years now with no reaction at all. If you have sensitive skin, I highly recommend giving this a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by katesy82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to leave this review to recommend people test patch this product before using it all over your entire face. I made the mistake of not doing that and it's taking weeks for my skin to return to normal. I believe my skin reacted to the Niacinamide in this, but four uses has left my face and neck irritated and broken out in little and big spots all over. I do have sensitive skin but I have never had a reaction as bad as this to any other face wash before, and I have tried a Lot. Please proceed carefully if you're going to try this to make sure your skin likes it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got rid of my acne! I was so surprised an over the counter face wash could do that. It foams really well and makes my skin feel so clean. I've had people tell me it looks like my skin was radiating. I would buy this over and over as long as it keeps doing with it's been doing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser. This cleared up most of my nasty pimples all over my t-zone and on my cheeks. I use this with my Clarisonic Mia. Nice ingredients too.