CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 12/23/2014 8:13:00 AM

Let me just start off by saying that I am a server at Hooters. I serve and clean up greasy food, even the air seems greasy. We have to wear our hair down so its always in my face. I noticed after the 1st year working there that I had an increase in oil in my hair and on my face and it began to break me out tremendously. I have/had (they are diminishing thanks to this product) little bumps all over my forehead since I roughly started the job and I could not figure out what was causing them for the life of me. I developed hairline and a little bit of scalp acne as well. I tried everything! From diluted ACV to Witch Hazel. Cleanser after cleanser and nothing seemed to work. I researched everything, thinking maybe it was milia or a fungal problem. I realized just recently that the oil on my face and hair was most likely the culprit to these pesky stubborn bumps. So I started taking the steps to reduce the oil on my face and hair. I bought nuetrogena oil blotting sheets to take with me to work. Before, I was using Cerave hydrating cleanser for normal to dry skin but just recently I thought it would be better if I purchased Cerave Foaming cleanser for normal to oily skin and wow, I'm in love. I also purchased nuetrogena T/sal for my hair to help the scalp acne and oil build up which has made such a huge difference as well. However this cleanser is amazing. The foamy lather feels pleasant on my face. No awful smell, and by the time I wake up in the morning, there is a HUGE difference on how my skin looked before I washed my face the previous night. Red marks and inflammation are reduced so much that now when I look in the mirror, I'm happy! Not mad or frustrated. I've been one of these MUA junkies reading reviews after reviews on tons of products hoping I could one day post a good review and my skin would be better. That day has finally come! If you have little pesky bumps on forehead like me, I've come to find out through research and trial and error that it is oil build up and clogged pores so reduce the oil and you will see results! I also exfoliate 2x a week to get all those yucky dead skin cells off my forehead. I'm one happy girl.

on 12/22/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to wait to write this review to make sure I wasn't jumping the gun but it's been about a week and I LOVE this cleanser! I was using Mario badescu's enzyme gel cleanser but sometimes I felt like it wasn't getting all of my makeup off. I switched to this (I have combo oily, sometimes breakout prone skin) and I love it. There is definitely some foaming (especially compared to the enzyme cleanser cause there is ZERO foam there) but not too much to dry my skin out. It feels clean but not too tight. No scent which is nice, and it works well with my clarisonic. I will continue to use this and hopefully it's my new HG!

on 12/20/2014 10:02:00 AM

This is the only cleanser I have repurchased in the last 2 years. I have gone through a least 6 bottles. It was recommended to me by my dermatologist to gently and thoroughly cleanse my papular rosacea skin. It helps keep outbreaks at bay and significantly reduces the redness in my skin. It foams beautifully when I use it with my clarisonic. I live that it is fragrance free and causes no irritation! I believe the redness reduction is due to the niacinamide present however I have read that for some people niacinamide can cause flushing. I have also tried the cerave hydrating cleanser and absolutely hated that. It caused my tzone to get breakouts and caused a rash in my cheeks! No idea why. I will be sticking with this for the long term and I love that CVS frequently has buy one get one 50% off sales on this!

on 12/19/2014 3:47:00 PM

Made my pores look gross and gave me blackheads :/

on 12/15/2014 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am a huge fan of the Cerave moisturizers and I thought I'd give this a shot. I'm curious as to why this is called Foaming? There is absolutely no foaming whatsoever. It's more like a gel cleanser. Neutrogena's fresh face foaming cleanser -- now THAT foams. This is like a gel liquid soap that just smears. Now, don't get me wrong -- I like it --- just not that much. And when I buy something that has Foaming in the name -- I want that sucker to bubble up and make me look like Santa. So -- don't think I'll add this to my re-purchase list.

on 12/14/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I picked this up on the recommendation of about a bazillion people on r/SkinCareAddiction, thinking I struck gold and it would be very possible that this could be my HG cleanser.

It's supposed to have ceramides, hyaluronic acid, niacinamide and all that good stuff, dermatologist developed, no-frills, made for sensitive/eczema skin. Ceramides and hyaluronic acid occur naturally on our skin, but our skin produces less of it as we age. And Niacinamide helps produce more ceramides and all that as well. I don't really care for fancy stuff in my cleansers (I'd rather have that for leave-on things) but hey, why not this time. I also really like the packaging, as it has a twist/turn lock pump top.

I patch tested on my arm and I didn't have a reaction, so I tried it on my face a few times. It's very nice that it doesn't have a fragrance added to it and it didn't strip my skin at all, despite being a clear, gel-like foaming cleanser. The only thing was that I woke up in the middle of the night with my face inflamed and swelling and ITCHING LIKE KDJ2#$FKJ. And on and on it itched and swelled, for several days. I was near tears. I got desperate and got every anti-inflammatory thing I had in my pantry/fridge and made mask out of them (plain yogurt, oat flour, goat milk powder - just because I needed a fat because my yogurt at the time was fat-free, and turmeric is fat-soluble - and turmeric), which helped immediately and took the itch away for half the day. I was SO RELIEVED. The itch came back so I did the mask every morning and night for several days and my face was finally back to normal.

I'm bummed out that this easy-to-access, no-frills cleanser didn't work out for me, but I am trying Silk Natural's Kiss Foaming Cleanser instead right now, which is much more gentle on my skin, and it's been working out great so far. I gave it only one lippie because I felt a little concerned/more strongly about the fact that CeraVe especially markets their products to be friendly for sensitive skin and people who suffer from eczema.

on 11/18/2014 12:04:00 PM

No fuss or frills just a basic cleanser that does the job. It is very gentle so I usually spend a good one or too minutes massaging it onto my face making sure it dissolves everything. Love the pump thought, makes it super easy to use in the shower.

on 10/18/2014 2:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to try this cleanser out because I have combination to oily, sensitive, acne prone skin, but It just didn't work out. I first rinsed my face with lukewarm water, then I rubbed a 1/2 pump of this all over my face for about 30 seconds (it foams us to a nice lather), then I rinsed it off (splashing water in my face 10+ times to remove all of the cleanser). I used this product morning and night for a couple of days, but then I started breaking out really badly in my T-zone. At first I thought I was breaking out due to my Mac Prolongwear foundation, but I had been using it 5+ times a week for 2 months, and had never broken out from it before. Then I thought it was my Mac Prolongwear concealer, but then I realized I hadn't started using that until after I started breaking out. Finally, I figured it must be the cleanser (even though it's targeted towards those with sensitive skin), so I stopped using it and switched back to my Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. The following morning I woke up and my skin looked a whole lot better, the acne had calmed down and the redness was greatly reduced. Needless to say I will be returning this product, not only did it break me out, but it made my skin's texture super dry, while still overproducing oils.

on 9/26/2014 4:17:00 PM

This is my HG cleanser. I have been using it for about 2 years now and I would die if they ever discontinued it . I have combo skin and it's the only cleanser I've used that keeps my skin clear, without over drying it. The bottle is HUGE and lasts a couple months. The product is unscented and removes makeup and oil effectively. I love this cleanser and now my mom in law is also hooked !

on 9/23/2014 8:50:00 PM

Before using this cleanser and the hydrating cleanser, I thought it was normal for your skin to feel tight after cleansing. I thought it was just unavoidable. This has been my HG for about two years now, and if they ever stop making it I will probably have a meltdown because I have tried a million other cleansers and nothing manages to get my skin clean, avoiding breakouts, while not drying it out. And a little sprinkle of ceramides and hyaluronic acid does not hurt one bit! When you look at the (awful) and super basic ingredients in most of the high end cleansers - department store and dermatologist office brands - $12 seems like quite a bargain. Plus it lasts foreverr. One pump is plenty enough for your whole face. I AM kind of a packaging snob and I wish they would realize that putting paper labels on a bottle that goes inside a shower/comes into contact with water is a really bad idea but, if it keeps the price at $12, I guess I can handle it.