April 21, 2014 | 1030 users online

Bath Treatments - Burt's Bees - Apricot baby oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 8:58:00 PM More reviews by staci01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This stuff is great for removing eye and face makeup as well as moisturizing the body. I've been on a natural kick in trying to rid my bathroom cabinet and drawers of chemical laden products. Part of this was using something else for makeup removal. Baby Bee Oil works great and easier to remove than when using Ponds cold cream not to mention it does not contain mineral oil. Also I LOVE the smell of this! Truly does smell like apricots and not too heavy so it's just perfect. Will keep using and I hope that some day Burt's will make a bigger bottle of this. EDIT 3/31/08 Found out that Burt's Bees was bought by Clorox, yes the company that makes bleach, last Fall. This is very upsetting to me. Will have to keep an eye on the ingredient lists now. Wonder how long till the good thing BB's has going will be mucked up if it hasn't already. : (

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 4:36:00 AM More reviews by tartina

Love this! Been using this for years at night underneath my eyes and on my lips. Only downside is the packaging and spillage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by cabogrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hate the glass bottle, so I put it in a shower gel dispenser, I love it. I use this directly on my skin after a shower/bath and rub it in. It makes my skin GLOW. I will use this as long as they make it. Love the light apricot smell, my mom is using it too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2007 2:39:00 PM More reviews by poohlisey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This oil moisturizes really well. It's really rich... but I find it too greasy, and everytime I use this as a bath oil, it's HARD to clean off the oil.. I also don't like the smell of this product, to me it smells like CHICKEN GREASE.. gross! Also, I HATE the packaging so much!! It's easy to drop this thing and I hate pouring it out, it makes a big mess. The bottle is just a clumsy glass bottle.. There are tons of better body oils out there.. will not repurchase..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 6:05:00 PM More reviews by jenifiner

I am on my second bottle of this stuff! I bought it for my daughter who has excema on her legs and feet. Her rough patches went away in a couple of days use, and haven't come back (unless she plays barefoot in the grass). So I bought some for myself. The only drawback is the bottle - it's glass. Not good for the shower. I just went to the travel size area at my WalMart and bought a couple of those little 97 cent pump bottles to put it in. This stuff is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2007 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jessamynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have ultra sensitive skin and i figured burt's bees aprricot baby oil would be ok.[baby skin is sensitive right?] well oh no. my legs broke ou in these little red bumps like if i dry shave and get razor burn. every were else was fine! smelt good!!! and boyfriend and i use it when we give echother masogiouzes [spelling?] emmm :( ! i think i ll stick to aveeno or johnson to johnson!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by windsey

I use this as a moisturizer on my legs after i shower before i go to bed. My legs aren't flaky in the morning which i like. I used this on my ass once, and i got a zit on there. :( ouch. I put a little in the bath (a capful or two) and then my back broke out. yuck. I like this as a moisturizer. I wouldn't where this if i was planning on going out though since i'm not crazy about the scent as far as wanting other people to smell it on me. I don't mind smelling sweet and powdery when i'm in my bathrobe at home, but not for in public. And i do feel it does take on this sickly sweet smell after it's been sitting on your skin for a while. Like i said, doesn't bother me personally. I enjoy it actually. But not an impression i want to give other people. I said i'd buy it again because it does work nicely and i'd buy it over most other products, but i want to try jojoba oil and 100% pure cocoa butter first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by caitlinv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was persuaded to buy this product by the amazing reviews MUA has given it, and, as always, their general opinion was correct. The first thing you notice about this moisturizer is the smell...kind of a musky-vanilla apricot that smells divine. It moisturizes very well, but just not well enough by itself for my super-duper dry and scaly skin, so I usually mix it with something else. The glass jar is adorable, and I have no complaints about it. I will certainly re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by cemjay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful product with a heavenly delicious almost edible scent! I would love to use this all the time but its too hard to come by for me in the UK and also far too expensive, which is a great shame! One of my all time favourites body oils to use! Nourishes the skin and leaves it smooth and scented, what more can you ask for?? Well a cheaper price in the UK would be nice :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by theduckiest

The apricot smell is amazingly delicious, and I appreciate the simple ingredients. Skin is soft and fragrant and glowy after application. I would prefer to see it come in a different container with maybe some kind of dispensing pump, preferably plastic since it's easy to drop if you've just been putting oil on yourself :)