November 21, 2014 | 1685 users online

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by frdowd06

Worst foundation ever!
Worst packaging ever!
Doesn't last more than 3 hours! Goes patchy! KEY PROBLEM
Worst consistency to apply, does not spread eaily!
Alabaster = not light enough!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by shootingstar85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

According to the derm I have "pre-rosacea", so I love trying different products to cover the redness. This foundation is quite heavy, but it does cover my redness well. I originally applied with a foundation brush, but it never looked quite right, it looks much better applied using the stippling method & a Beauty Blender. The packaging is typical boring green Clinique packaging and the alabaster shade matches me well. You don't need much product, a little goes a long way, so I haven't cracked open my backup bottle yet & I've been using this about 5x a week for the past 8 months. I'd buy it again, especially at the price point, but I am interested in trying Hourglass & MUFE foundations in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by aquagembaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have rosacea so I'm always on the lookout of redness remedies. The girl at Sephora said I can use this as a concealer so I use it to cover problem areas/red areas. A little goes a long way! If I had to use this as a foundation to cover my whole face I would hate it. It's on the heavy side so it does good as a concealer. If you have dry skin it shouldn't be as bad. But I have very oily skin so that's a problem.

As far as covering up my redness, I don't see any dramatic difference. It does somewhat but for the price it doesn't live up to its claim. Plus, I use Clinique Redness Solutions Pressed Powder under it as well and it still doesn't cover my redness 100%. I really think Clinque is a way overrated brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2012 2:49:00 PM More reviews by annspence

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Clinique Redness Solutions Makeup a few months ago. At first, thought I liked it, so I bought 3: one for my purse, one for home, and one for my workout bag. I bought it not because I have rosacea, but because I have an overall slight redness to my skin, so I need a light makeup to even out my skin tone, like a lot of women do. But, after wearing it for the first month I started to notice my oily skin went from oily to super-duper oily. My pores were noticeably larger and clogged like never before and this makeup just sat on top of my skin and accentuated my slight wrinkles. Really made me look older and visibly greasier. Every night I would use a blackhead/blemish extractor to try and get the accumulated gunk out of my pores. Do not purchase this product if you have oily skin or are over 35. Needless to say, I returned all 3 bottles.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I have rosacea and have really liked the rest of the Redness Solutions products. I was disappointed that this foundation was so heavy and thick on my skin. It would definitely cover up any redness, but the cost is a heavy face of makeup with visible foundation lines, even with their fairest shade. I returned this and don't plan on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by naturallyfab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I think this may be my HG foundation! This gives my skin a great, even finish. I have really red cheeks, but this is the only foundation I have found that conceals the redness without feeling cakey on my skin. Most foundations that are thick enough to conceal redness are way too think for my liking. This is the perfect blend of a medium weight foundation while making my skin look great!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Nstef007

I want to love this. I'm very pale and have a lot of redness in my face, especially nose and cheeks. When I first put this foundation on, it covers all of the redness and my skin looks perfect and even. Unfortunately a couple hours later, I'm a greasy mess and the foundations is pooling into splotches on my face. Back to square one (and Sephora) to find something new.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:31:00 PM More reviews by Emmie03

I love this fondation. I ahve had some medical problems lately that have made my sensitive dry skin very red. This fondatin covers it right up! I t has not caused me to break out, and looks very real on my skin. I would definitly recomend this to anyone with red skin for whatever reason.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by tabloid

I have mild-to-moderate rosacea which is exacerbated by extreme weather conditions (like very cold and dry air, as we're experiencing in January now). I was initially very pleased with this foundation because it does a very good job of covering up the rosacea; it covered all of the redness and made my skin look normal again.
I found the coverage to be somewhat heavy, but I figured that's what it took to cover up all of the redness. However, after a few hours, I found that the color had changed from light beige to a darker beige with an orangey undertone, and it made it look very obvious that I was wearing foundation. Too bad, because I really wanted to love this.
Update: I took off another lippie (going from two to one) because this foundation makes my skin look very oily AND it sinks into my pores, making them look huge!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Sberry2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Since I was a young girl, I had a problem with Keratosis Pilaris or commonly known as "Chicken skin." I have it on my arms, legs and face, so the lady at the Clinique counter suggested I try the Redness solutions line. I've always wanted a light foundation that offered more coverage than a tinted moisturizer, and I'm happy to say that I found it with this product. What I enjoy about this product is that the way you apply it, determines the coverage it gives. It's fantastic! It definitely works well on its own, but I prefer to use it with the Redness Solutions Urgent Relief Cream as a primer. I use this as an area treatment more-so than an all-over treatment by covering my cheeks, and between my brows where I am usually most red. It's truly a fantastic product, that does NOT cause me to break out. I will definitely be buying this product, and others from the Redness Solutions line again!