April 18, 2014 | 1170 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by mtay

I am a HUGE MAC fan, but I have to say I am disappointed with this product. After using pretty much all of MAC's foundations, bar this one I really wanted to try it. I put it on this morning and was happy with the coverage and the look of my skin, but wasn't particularly blown away. About lunch time when I looked in the mirror, I noticed my skin looked a little patchy and grey and some of the foundation had actually come off. I usually use Estee Lauder Double Wear and looking in the mirror I forgot I tried this foundation.When I remembered I had it on, I applied some Double Wear over the top and had no problems! Would not recommend this, go for Studio Fix and spritz some Fix + over the top.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product so much because it lasts all day!

10am till 10pm with complete and full coverage! I can't describe how much I love it. I have dryish skin and it does not make me break out. I am ready to rock after I add a pressed after and bam, the day begins.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by HanLou

I really do like this foundation. It feels light on the skin and is very easy to blend. The coverage is also pretty good. Before switching to this foundation, I would never have used anything but Estée Lauder double wear for the lasting coverage, however, keen for a change I really do rate the MAC pro long wear for coverage, mainly because you can apply in layers depending on the coverage you are looking to achieve. It doesn't flake around dry patches and looks absolutely flawless in photographs. The only criticism in general I have about MAC is that it took me absolutely ages to find the right colour match for my skin, despite going and purchasing several different shades and having it matched by the make up artists at several stores. This aside, great foundation once you have found your perfect match!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by silveralejandra

This is the only foundation that has worked on my very very oily skin. Revlon colorstay couldnt support my oily skin. If you have beautiful skin please go natural or find something light. This foundation is build-able and sets beautifully. Make sure to remove properly or acne and blackheads will appear.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by RHartyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly I have tried MAC Pro Long wear foundation and MAC Studio sculpt foundation and even though both are not great, if you really wanted to buy one i'd say Pro Long wear was the better of the two.

After trying Studio Sculpt i went on to try Pro Long wear and it was better. It did stay on my face longer then the Studio Sculpt did but still would never last a whole day or even 6 hours. I felt this product still made my face look and feel oily.

The packaging for this product is awful! Its a glass tub with a pump, at first this seems okay but the pump doesnt go all the way to the bottom of the tub and stops 3 quarters of the way down so once you've got some use out of it be prepared with a battle.

I wouldn't buy this product again it just was not for me. I have normal/ combination skin, like most a have a slightly oily T-zone but when i used this product i looked like i had a serious problem with oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, I would like to say, those debating between the MAC Studio Fix Fluid and the Pro Longwear foundation should definitely go for the Pro Longwear. I have used both and am definitely sold on the Pro Longwear, and in my opinion it is the better one out of the two.

Comparison between SFF and Pro Longwear

- They have the same coverage, which is medium-full. The coverage can be built up with multiple layers, however I would recommend spritzing with something like Fix+ as it can get a little cakey when layering.

- SFF has a distinct paint-like odor, and I was still able to smell it after application, which was a bit off-putting. Pro Longwear has no distinct scent to it.

- SFF has a very matte finish, while Pro Longwear has a slightly less matte, more satin like finish. This makes it appear a lot more natural and less cakey on the skin, which I prefer.

- SFF dries much, much quicker and it can be a bit of a pain to blend. I found that while Pro Longwear tends to set quickly, I am still able to go over it and blend the foundation and any streak marks without too much effort.

- SFF tends to oxidise a little bit, and I have not noticed this with Pro Longwear.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by fionavirginia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have used this foundation a few times over this past month and must say... I like it just ok. Considering that I live in a high humidity climate (90-100'F / 32-36'C), it does last quite a decent amount of time, a good 3 hours before I need to start blotting my t-zone area, and it stays on up until about 6-7 hours in total before my face is all greased up. This foundation is a bit thick in consistency, gives a buildable, medium coverage. It definitely does NOT finish matte, I'd say somewhere between natural to semi-matte, at least if compared to the other MAC foundation I use, the Matchmaster, which gives a more obvious matte finish. I still need to set my face with a mattifying powder over it. The downside of this is, it seems to sit on my pores and it's quite visible closeup, it's also a little harder to blend, compared to my other foundations.
Shade-wise, it was a whole new revolution for me. For years I thought I was an NC37, when I started buying more foundations recently I realised that I'm actually lighter, an NC30. However, Pro Longwear foundation in NC30 is too yellowy and slightly darker for me, I could use NC25 just fine. The reason I say this is because this foundation does oxidise, although not significantly. I'm #4.0 in Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation, "I'm So Money Honey" in Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow and #140 in MUFE HD.
Would I repurchase it? Most likely not. I'd say if you're torn between this one and the Matchmaster foundation, go for the Matchmaster. If you already own the Matchmaster, stick to it, don't waste your money on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Hammurabi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Heathrow airport with my leftover pounds, it was cheap (in my books, compared to australian over inflated prices) so I gave it a go.
I originally wanted studio fix because I read it is matte, I like matte foundation because of my combination skin, also coming into summer it would make my makeup last longer. But unfortunately they ran out of Studio Fix in my color so the lady suggested pro long wear because it is longer wearing but not as matte. Since its either walked out with nothing or I can buy this and give it a go, I decided to risk it (hah!)
Well I tried on one day for work, and wow it is amazing, it does last the whole day, and most of all, it is matte! not as matte as a some of the matte foundation out there but I would definitely call this matte. It does stay on the whole day and it is a med coverage foundation.
I also put powder on to set it (I rarely not use powder) and it is just so beautiful. However on this same trip I also bought Boots no7 beautifully matte foundation (see my other review) and to be honest Boots is just as good.
I paid 20.8pounds at the airport for this which i think it is very good price (which works out about $35 AUD when the same thing cost $54 here)
For reference, I wear NC20 in this, 52 in Bourjois and Warm Ivory in Boots beautifully matte, Chanel I am usually 20

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by jesscvz88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had this foundation (NC40) for a couple of months already and I do like it a lot. I love the feel of this and how it has no paint scent to it. I have oily skin so this foundation dosent wear as long as i would like. At about 6 -8 hrs im so ready to take it off. I look like i have oil all over my face. The coverage is good and i do stay matte for about 3-4 hrs. But once i get oily their is no stopping it lol. I do like this foundation for everyday wear though and i will get it again. I like how natural it looks on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Hausdefab

my current foundation for summer...lasting power was great and make my face flawless...try use it with skinfinish face powder..result is wonderful