November 28, 2014 | 1003 users online

Fragrances - Gucci - Gucci Guilty

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the scent, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it obviously.

It's a bit heavier scent, but not a winter fragrance.

The reason I will not purchase this again (and why I've stopped wearing it) is that I have to re-apply it several times during the day because the scent only lasts for an hour at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by gvmullins

I loooooove this scent. It's juicy. Fruit notes. Blended with light florals. It's a sexy, youthful scent but not in a stripper body spray kind of way. It's still elegant.

AND, it doesn't break me out in a rash! A lot of perfumes do, so it's hit or miss with me. I love it. Men compliment it a lot...especially my boyfriend who is notoriously picky. I dig it a lot. Just bought my second big bottle. YUM.

Only bad thing is, the cap tends to get knocked off easily in my purse. I may buy an atomizer for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by catelder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! For years now I've overworn Coco Chanel Mademoiselle, and I get seriously bad headaches now and have had to change. Before Mademoiselle, I loved Miss Dior Cherie until it gave me headaches a year and a half later. Now I will see how I tolerate this new one, and I am very picky. My skin chemistry is hard to work with. Usually perfumes i love before spraying on me, end up making me smell old ladyish. But this one was both awesomem before and after on my skin! I can't describe the scent, but it's not floral and although I hate musk, bc musk usually makes me smell awful, this one might be a lil musky but compliments my body scent. Love this so much and glad I found it because believe me, I was getting tired of simple floral body mists for a lmost a year! Now I have a replacement perfume :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never should have bought this one. Read all about how it received recognition from the FiFi Awards so I thought I had to have it. It must be good. All I get from this is pepper. I don't really want to smell like pepper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jennifurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic! I love this fragrance! It's a bit heavier than I'm used to (prefer BB 'beach' and 'bobbi'; DKNY 'Be Delicious'; Chanel no 5 Eau Premiere and 'Chance' -- like that) but it's so deeply luscious that I wear it anytime.

I can't even begin to try to describe fragrances with any sort of accuracy but I can tell you what I like and how it feels to me.

Its bottle is all shiny gold and maybe I'm influenced by the presentation but ot actually smells golden to me -- as if lightly toasted and warmed in a fire... the warm element has depth to it.

The background of this warmth is spicy. It's complex -- there are a few things going on that mix to make the imporession of spiciness. I don't know how to be more accurate than that... it feels like there is a conversation or three-part interchange of some kind...

Also there are dark feelings to this scent; richness and light; like ambers and bronzes and warm mellow golds. Its feeling is one of strength -- not a strong-smelling fragrance but one forceful in the feeling it evokes... as if there's a bit of a power to it. [Compare Chanel's 'CoCo Mademoiselle 'or original 'No 5' to something light and unmuscled like Marc Jacobs' Daisy or Coach's 'Poppy' to see what I mean by "force".]

I received 2 1 oz bottles of fragrance for my quarterly free gifts from Ulta; I've been lusting after this since its release so I was THRILLED to get it for free! I can't stop wearing it. Will absolutely repurchase EDP; all I saw was EDT at Ulta so that's what I got but seriously it's fine and lasts all day.

4 lippies instead of 5 just because it's not my favorite ever and there's always room for improvement; if they ever feature a lighter scent of this (like the Eau Premiere version of Chanel No 5) I'd probably give it a 5.
(The other bottle I chose was Givenchy's "Very Irresistable"; see review).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Lisaandtheword

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is pretty nice for department store- not too sweet, or hard to wear, or overplayed note combos.. but this one seems a little too bland for me. Also, what some are calling "clean" I think is soapy lilac that's not my fave. I prefer Dior Homme, Anna Sui, Lolita Lempicka or Natori for a soft powdery & purple scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by perfumegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like all the Gucci products, just finished the one ounce and ordered
from scented Monkey the 1.7oz I just love it and it lasts, I smell it the next morning, Gucci seems to make great fragrances.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by millymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this right after it came out purely as frivoulous buy and to be on the in crowd (because several people cought on late).
Bought it without ever smelling it from Sephora online. So as you can see--I really didn't care. I just wanted it so I could have it...

ANYWHO, I loved it. I loved it so much that I sprayed it mostly every day, probably only rotating between this is and one other perfume. In fact I sprayed it so much that not only is the bottle practically empty, but I also just can't stand the smell anymore.

They say scent triggers memories like no other, and I was spraying this inssecently during a terrible time of my life. So not only am I reminded of those times, I also have a physical reaction to it (nausea) because I used it restlessly for months.

So...don't do that. Just use it sparingly because it will start to turn on you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I smelled this in a magazine strip sample and said YESS! I WANT THIS!!!

Then I went to the department store and said NOO! I AM TOO CHEAP!

So I did what every crafty woman who wants relatively expensive perfume but doesn't want to pay for it does....I told my mother-in-law to get me a *small* bottle for Christmas. (Yes, I know I'm going to hell.)

She produced on cue (muaaahhh), and at Christmastime, I got the larger 1 oz bottle. It's hefty, it's pretty, it looks expensive...so what, I don't care about the bottle, I wanna know how the stuff smells. (although it really is a pretty, classy bottle)

So I cautiously put on one spray, hubby gives it a sniff and gives me his obligatory, "Yeh, smells pretty good." which is the equivalent of a Gallic shrug in a verbal comment. In other words, it doesn't smell like cat piss but it's not my favorite either.

Fine. *I* like it.

It starts out *very* loud, then slowly slides down in a mellow soft middle note, then a powdery drydown. It's a fairly unsophisticated combination of scents, but it's not overly offensive, doesn't scream "Maul me in the back room! I am a tramp!" but also doesn't shout I AM AN OLD LADY either. I don't do too many teenybop or bubblegummy fragrances; I prefer stuff to be a bit more mature, and this one fits the bill. You can wear it to the office or an office party and it's sort of one-size-fits-all.

My only gripe: it doesn't last all that long. I would have to reapply every 3 hours or so to keep it fresh. At 70 bucks plus a bottle, you'd think it would last a little longer than, say, Bonne Bell Skin Musk. Actually, now that I think about it, BBSM lasts longer than Gucci. *sigh* Figures.

I probably won't repurchase out of my own money, but I'm more than happy to hint to the mother-in-law that a gift set would be awesome. (Yes, I already said I know I'm going to hell.)

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ritavn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I dont like it bcoz it is mature for my age BUT my boyfriend (over 30 years old) is addicted to it. Everytime i wear it, he holds me very tight just to want to smell this scent.