January 28, 2015 | 1871 users online

Fragrances - Gucci - Gucci Guilty

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For the past few years, I have been trying to find another "signature scent" for myself. I wore Chanel Allure (which I got constant compliments on) throughout my 20s, but as I got older, it started smelling a bit "off" on me. In search of something new, I bought a sample of Gucci Guilty, along with a slew of other perfumes, on eBay awhile back. I wasn't immediately taken with the sample of Guilty I got as it was the parfum version. I used a fair amount of my sample but wasn't completely impressed by it and kept using other perfumes. On a recent trip to Sephora, I sprayed a bit of Guilty on my wrists and went about my shopping. I ended up leaving the store but couldn't stop smelling my wrist! I finally relented, went back and bought a bottle.

I really have no idea what notes are in Guilty, I just know that this particular perfume seemingly meshes well with my body chemistry and I really like the end result. To me, it smells rich and warm and appropriate for someone who is a bit older (I'm in my early 30s). As it is a rather heavy scent, I think it best suited for fall/winter.

While I'm not crazy about the price tag ($55 for 1oz), I think the bottle should last me awhile because it is rather a strong scent. Too many spritzes and you'll knock out anyone within 50 feet of you! I find that one to two spritzes is plenty. As for staying power, I have found that it lasts about six to seven hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Shantay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I compared three frangrances at the same time: Elie Saab, L'Eau D'Issey and Gucci Guilty. Because I want to see what men's comments are so I asked 4 men to smell all of them:

My hubby - 27, my friend - 30'ish, my boss (state manager of the company) - 40'ish, salesman in the company (50'ish), and a colleague - 60'ish.

All of them said the 2nd one is the best, which is Gucci Guilty!!

Sometimes men's choices are quite different as women's. I love it and I think it won't let you ignore the smell after few hours and what I'm sure is men love this scent for sure!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by blueelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a sample of this with purchase. I should have known better from the tasteless advertising than to try it as it's clearly not being marketed to me anyway. This is the most bland mall fragrance though. Very bland synthetic fruity floral.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love the scent, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it obviously.

It's a bit heavier scent, but not a winter fragrance.

The reason I will not purchase this again (and why I've stopped wearing it) is that I have to re-apply it several times during the day because the scent only lasts for an hour at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by gvmullins

I loooooove this scent. It's juicy. Fruit notes. Blended with light florals. It's a sexy, youthful scent but not in a stripper body spray kind of way. It's still elegant.

AND, it doesn't break me out in a rash! A lot of perfumes do, so it's hit or miss with me. I love it. Men compliment it a lot...especially my boyfriend who is notoriously picky. I dig it a lot. Just bought my second big bottle. YUM.

Only bad thing is, the cap tends to get knocked off easily in my purse. I may buy an atomizer for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by catelder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this perfume! For years now I've overworn Coco Chanel Mademoiselle, and I get seriously bad headaches now and have had to change. Before Mademoiselle, I loved Miss Dior Cherie until it gave me headaches a year and a half later. Now I will see how I tolerate this new one, and I am very picky. My skin chemistry is hard to work with. Usually perfumes i love before spraying on me, end up making me smell old ladyish. But this one was both awesomem before and after on my skin! I can't describe the scent, but it's not floral and although I hate musk, bc musk usually makes me smell awful, this one might be a lil musky but compliments my body scent. Love this so much and glad I found it because believe me, I was getting tired of simple floral body mists for a lmost a year! Now I have a replacement perfume :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never should have bought this one. Read all about how it received recognition from the FiFi Awards so I thought I had to have it. It must be good. All I get from this is pepper. I don't really want to smell like pepper.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jennifurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic! I love this fragrance! It's a bit heavier than I'm used to (prefer BB 'beach' and 'bobbi'; DKNY 'Be Delicious'; Chanel no 5 Eau Premiere and 'Chance' -- like that) but it's so deeply luscious that I wear it anytime.

I can't even begin to try to describe fragrances with any sort of accuracy but I can tell you what I like and how it feels to me.

Its bottle is all shiny gold and maybe I'm influenced by the presentation but ot actually smells golden to me -- as if lightly toasted and warmed in a fire... the warm element has depth to it.

The background of this warmth is spicy. It's complex -- there are a few things going on that mix to make the imporession of spiciness. I don't know how to be more accurate than that... it feels like there is a conversation or three-part interchange of some kind...

Also there are dark feelings to this scent; richness and light; like ambers and bronzes and warm mellow golds. Its feeling is one of strength -- not a strong-smelling fragrance but one forceful in the feeling it evokes... as if there's a bit of a power to it. [Compare Chanel's 'CoCo Mademoiselle 'or original 'No 5' to something light and unmuscled like Marc Jacobs' Daisy or Coach's 'Poppy' to see what I mean by "force".]

I received 2 1 oz bottles of fragrance for my quarterly free gifts from Ulta; I've been lusting after this since its release so I was THRILLED to get it for free! I can't stop wearing it. Will absolutely repurchase EDP; all I saw was EDT at Ulta so that's what I got but seriously it's fine and lasts all day.

4 lippies instead of 5 just because it's not my favorite ever and there's always room for improvement; if they ever feature a lighter scent of this (like the Eau Premiere version of Chanel No 5) I'd probably give it a 5.
(The other bottle I chose was Givenchy's "Very Irresistable"; see review).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Lisaandtheword

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is pretty nice for department store- not too sweet, or hard to wear, or overplayed note combos.. but this one seems a little too bland for me. Also, what some are calling "clean" I think is soapy lilac that's not my fave. I prefer Dior Homme, Anna Sui, Lolita Lempicka or Natori for a soft powdery & purple scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by perfumegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like all the Gucci products, just finished the one ounce and ordered
from scented Monkey the 1.7oz I just love it and it lasts, I smell it the next morning, Gucci seems to make great fragrances.