July 31, 2014 | 2039 users online

Fragrances - Gucci - Gucci Guilty

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Lisaandtheword

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is pretty nice for department store- not too sweet, or hard to wear, or overplayed note combos.. but this one seems a little too bland for me. Also, what some are calling "clean" I think is soapy lilac that's not my fave. I prefer Dior Homme, Anna Sui, Lolita Lempicka or Natori for a soft powdery & purple scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by perfumegirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like all the Gucci products, just finished the one ounce and ordered
from scented Monkey the 1.7oz I just love it and it lasts, I smell it the next morning, Gucci seems to make great fragrances.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by millymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this right after it came out purely as frivoulous buy and to be on the in crowd (because several people cought on late).
Bought it without ever smelling it from Sephora online. So as you can see--I really didn't care. I just wanted it so I could have it...

ANYWHO, I loved it. I loved it so much that I sprayed it mostly every day, probably only rotating between this is and one other perfume. In fact I sprayed it so much that not only is the bottle practically empty, but I also just can't stand the smell anymore.

They say scent triggers memories like no other, and I was spraying this inssecently during a terrible time of my life. So not only am I reminded of those times, I also have a physical reaction to it (nausea) because I used it restlessly for months.

So...don't do that. Just use it sparingly because it will start to turn on you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I smelled this in a magazine strip sample and said YESS! I WANT THIS!!!

Then I went to the department store and said NOO! I AM TOO CHEAP!

So I did what every crafty woman who wants relatively expensive perfume but doesn't want to pay for it does....I told my mother-in-law to get me a *small* bottle for Christmas. (Yes, I know I'm going to hell.)

She produced on cue (muaaahhh), and at Christmastime, I got the larger 1 oz bottle. It's hefty, it's pretty, it looks expensive...so what, I don't care about the bottle, I wanna know how the stuff smells. (although it really is a pretty, classy bottle)

So I cautiously put on one spray, hubby gives it a sniff and gives me his obligatory, "Yeh, smells pretty good." which is the equivalent of a Gallic shrug in a verbal comment. In other words, it doesn't smell like cat piss but it's not my favorite either.

Fine. *I* like it.

It starts out *very* loud, then slowly slides down in a mellow soft middle note, then a powdery drydown. It's a fairly unsophisticated combination of scents, but it's not overly offensive, doesn't scream "Maul me in the back room! I am a tramp!" but also doesn't shout I AM AN OLD LADY either. I don't do too many teenybop or bubblegummy fragrances; I prefer stuff to be a bit more mature, and this one fits the bill. You can wear it to the office or an office party and it's sort of one-size-fits-all.

My only gripe: it doesn't last all that long. I would have to reapply every 3 hours or so to keep it fresh. At 70 bucks plus a bottle, you'd think it would last a little longer than, say, Bonne Bell Skin Musk. Actually, now that I think about it, BBSM lasts longer than Gucci. *sigh* Figures.

I probably won't repurchase out of my own money, but I'm more than happy to hint to the mother-in-law that a gift set would be awesome. (Yes, I already said I know I'm going to hell.)

19 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by ritavn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I dont like it bcoz it is mature for my age BUT my boyfriend (over 30 years old) is addicted to it. Everytime i wear it, he holds me very tight just to want to smell this scent.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

on me this started out very heavy and musky. midway it turned sparkly and fruity (which i loved). ended with just powder and a little musk. i dont mind the musk but it comes out so strong in the beginning, too much for daytime but then towards the end, it isnt enough for nighttime. not a winner for me unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by mollysarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Caveat: My husband likes this. He noticed it and said I smelled good. That in itself is absolutely rare and out of the ordinary. He is either loosing his sense of smell or I wear so many perfumes that he no longer comments on them. Therefore, I have to give it a 4 instead of a 3.

Gucci Guilty is definitely a department store fragrance - could appeal to pretty much anyone. It is not ultra-sophisticated nor teeny-bopper. The initial fruity burst is my least favorite part of the fragrance and it morphs into sexy and warm and soft in the drydown. Amber oriental is prominent to my nose in the final stage. Speaking of the final stage - it comes far too fast on my skin. The lasting power and silage is poor and other reviewers have mentioned the same. BUT other reviewers have also mentioned how many men compliment them on this fragrance, so maybe one cancels out the other :)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by melina87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Looove the smell!
I also use Coco Chanel Mademoiselle, Givenchy, Jean Paul Gaultier and Marc Jacob.
The scent is beautiful and the bottle is very sexy and glamorous also, but the only problem I have with it is that the scent doesnt last very long on skin or clothings unlike RUSH or Jean paul gaultier and I have to respray after 2-3 hours. Im thinking maybe I should have bought the set with little travel size bottles..Hmm.
Overall, very nice perfume for daytime and night time!(for me anyway:P)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

i dont think that i would buy this again because i found it hard to decide if it was an evening perfume or a day. its too heavy and musky for a day (and the sex department doesnt match day when you work in retail lol) but it doesnt stay on long enough to be a night perfume for me. it is defintely a great smell though (having said this i prefer gucci by gucci more). the bottle is really cool and it is great to keep in your handbag as it is sturdy.
i probably would have to respray this every 3 hours...they should have made this in a parfum and not a toilette....maybe theyll come out with one very soon then i would probably like it more and repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by dezyttt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow, I love so many things about this stuff. To me, it has sort of a sweet vanilla, slightly fruity smell, with a hint of musk in the background. It says like sex appeal up front, while the hint of musk in the back say but wait, I'm also classy and professional---like many have said----I know what I want. However, the smell does seem to changes about an hour or two later, with the musk standing out a bit more, but in a mild way, while the sexy fruity/vanilla turns more into sweet and young smell. But I think the musk begins to stand out a bit more, which I like. This smell that it changes into is what pushed me to actually buy this stuff, so even though it changes, I still really like it.