April 16, 2014 | 943 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Foundation #3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Reservechic

This foundation is a part of the medium shade family. It has a pink to it. And, this is why, it can make one's complexion noticeably redder/pinkier than it naturally is.

I have a medium skintone. My undertone ranges from peachy to sometimes golden (depending upon the seasons). When I initially started buying foundations from BE, they didn't have the Golden Medium shade to offer. So, unfortunately, I had to try and make due with other shades that BE makes (including this one) that did not work well for my complexion at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2007 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Marisleysis33

I tried BE on one half of my face, my regular foundation (Revlon Colorstay- great stuff!)on the other (didn't have to leave the house that day) and the BE made my pores look HUGE, couldn't believe it. The coverage was about the same but BE was glittery or something, it made my face look oily even though it wasn't. I was hoping for a glowy, dewy look and instead looked 5 years older and greasy. Not to mention- the stuff is pretty darn expensive too! I am going to try Everyday Minerals next, it's $6 and has excellent reviews on this site. I love Colorstay but would like to incorporate something more natural into my routine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2006 11:14:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

My skin type is sensitive, oily with some dry patches as well as occasional breakouts. I purchased starter kit from BEís website with medium skin tone (#2.3 and #3) and the veil. It was not available at Sephora at that time. Within 15 minute of applying this foundation, my face got shiny, oily, and greasy. When I blotted with Kleenex, it was like wiping darts. I canít believe BE sells dart like powder foundation. When you read the ingredients, the list is too long to be ďpureĒ minerals (read fine prints ladies!). This veil contains cornstarch and should not call minerals. Regardless of its claims of oil free, I got shiny within very short time. It also likes to settle in the lines and expend pores. Honestly, I havenít noticed I have so many lines before!

It kept shiny all the day for two days of my trial. I returned mine and lost $10 S/H fees. BEís customer service is terrible if you want to return their products. The woman I talked with was very rude. In BEís website it was claimed that the starter kit worth much more than individual packages but the reality is the sizes. Starter kit contains only 0.06 oz but actual size contains 0.3 oz. It was not mentioned in BEís website (but Sephora did). BEís kabuki brush shed a lot but flawless foundation brush is pretty good. I did get flawless face but only lasted less than 10 minutes. Too bad :( Oh, that flawless face was only inside, not in the sunlight. I was shocked to notice my face like getting Halloween mask!

Now, I am using Everyday Minerals, which contains only four ingredients and this is much cheaper than BE. (You can get free samples for only $3.37 from EMís website.) I also tried Physicians Formula and LíOreal but EM is the winner so far (not perfect though). BTW, donít buy BE from ebay as when you read fine prints and translate the abbreviations; almost all of them are not genuine. Only purchase at Sephora as its good return policy. You can go there physically if you can and try it first. I wish I did. I donít recommend BE anyway regardless of their advertisement everywhere and fake testimonials.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by victoriangirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been an Estee Lauder user of foundation for many years, but saw this last year advertised on QVC and decided to give it a try. I must admit, at first I was sold on the "flawless" look, but it took me a while to actually see myself in daylight! What a shock!!! I'm like a couple of the other girls that have given their reviews that has larger pores and it actually seemed like I had even larger pores! I quit using it...thank goodness I didn't have too much left...and went back to Estee. I found it expensive for what you got and it is very messy. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone that has large pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2006 9:42:00 AM More reviews by seapea69

With all the hype that surrounds this company, what a joke. This product made my skin feel dry, yet it looked very oily. It also magnify every pore or wrinkle that you may have. Save you money.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2006 7:07:00 PM More reviews by connieg125

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried BE a few months ago and I must say that at first I liked this product. I did have difficulty finding a shade that matched my skin tone. Then my whole jaw line broke out in acne type bumps. The product actually made the situation only look even worse. I stopped using product completly and within 24 hours my skin was back to "normal" I will never use anything from this line in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 11:57:00 AM More reviews by djgirl1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ok...I wish wish wish I liked this as much as everyone else. Maybe the problem is that I did not have the right brush. Maybe I did not know how to apply it right. If someone can tell me EXACTLY what I am supposed to do with this stuff, maybe I would like it. I tried using it, and found it messy. It did create a flawless look after I had applied about a ton of it. I think that may b where I went wrong, because with that much "powder" on my face I had it all over my clothes and everything else I got near. Did I do something wrong? Is this how it is? Is my skin so flawed that I need too much of the stuff??I do not know.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupasigo

ok this one is the best match for me( I tried 1.2 and 2) and both were too light. I am hispanic with yellow and pink tones. I had to use just a little product and build if needed. I loaded up to much at first and I came out cakey and overdone. Over all, I am happy with the color match and I also finished off with tinted mineral veil, it still goes on sheer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2006 10:36:00 AM More reviews by juliemfetters

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Messy!I found this product to me messy to apply. Every time I use it I get it all over the place. It also makes your fine lines more visible and throughout the day it makes your skin look greasy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2006 11:32:00 PM More reviews by clinique

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

#3 is a shade with a definate pink undertone. My skin does have pink undertones but this can accentuate them too much, so use caution. Sometimes I mix this with another shade to offset the pink.
BE has wonderful products!
Leslie will be on QVC on the 26th!!!